Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Just got Mystique and Leader.

Pretty niche, not very useful, right? I'm so unlucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

uXs posted:

Just got Mystique and Leader.

Pretty niche, not very useful, right? I'm so unlucky.
You're kidding, right?

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

doingitwrong posted:

I just faced Onslaught’s citadel, Wong, Ironheart, Odin. I did not understand what I was seeing.

The animation went on for quite some time.
I happened to time a Kamar-Taj, Korg, Ironheart, Wong, Odin. It took 80 seconds to really show the opponent just how badly they had lost.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

well cracked 90 tonight, played up from 80 on the strength of this deck (currently hoarding credits at CL594)

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Vision
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWaXNpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Hit infinite with this deck this morning, as mentioned I swapped Dino, Moon Girl and Sentinels for Mysterio (might be one of the best cards in the game, 2/5 with upside of your opponent not knowing where you are contesting), Storm (ok in this deck, won me a couple 8-cube games when I played it on T6 on a nexus after letting my opponent throw all their big cards on it) and Hobgoblin (honestly abomination would probably have been better). I think playing in the 90s at under CL600 broke the matchmaking, I got a lot of repeat opponents and bots

Final boss was me dropping cosmo on T6 to shut down an Odin play and killmongering my nova to win a locked down lane by giving +1 to a mysterio illusion. Pretty much this deck in a nutshell

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

buffalo all day posted:

Hit infinite with this deck this morning, as mentioned I swapped Dino, Moon Girl and Sentinels for Mysterio (might be one of the best cards in the game, 2/5 with upside of your opponent not knowing where you are contesting), Storm (ok in this deck, won me a couple 8-cube games when I played it on T6 on a nexus after letting my opponent throw all their big cards on it) and Hobgoblin (honestly abomination would probably have been better). I think playing in the 90s at under CL600 broke the matchmaking, I got a lot of repeat opponents and bots

Final boss was me dropping cosmo on T6 to shut down an Odin play and killmongering my nova to win a locked down lane by giving +1 to a mysterio illusion. Pretty much this deck in a nutshell

Been doing well with the original list, finally climbed out of my 50s hole into mid 60s. My wonderful pool 3 cards so far include Goose, Viper, Brood, Falcon and Wasp, a bunch of cards that don't really fit anywhere in the pool 1 & 2 decks.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm missing 1-3 cards from almost every single deck posted here. extremely frustrating!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

priznat posted:

I 100% feel your pain. Just try to stop caring about level (it’s hard, I know) and go for making cool plays that you find clever. The game will never dumpster you so that you get put in a place where you can no longer be competitive, you can always climb your way back.

I have wanted to chuck my phone across the room a couple times with this fuckin game, lol. Just take a break if you feel it’s no longer fun.

Thank you for the pep talk, lol. I put my control deck aside and took a break, tried a new Dino/Destroy deck this morning and clawed my way back to where I was. Things are looking up.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Unlocked Sera and my new normal of turn 5 Sera into Turn 6 Iron Man/Mystique has me cackling evilly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The only card I'm really missing is Ghost Rider. I want my damned Hela deck, game!

Surprised how many people are hitting infinite. I've never made it past 50 and it just doesn't feel possible

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm missing 1-3 cards from almost every single deck posted here. extremely frustrating!

Marvel Snap Zone has a neat article that is about decks you can build with one pool 3 card and all the rest pool 2&1. It's a nice starting point for the awkward Pool 3 Adolescence.
https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Opopanax posted:

The only card I'm really missing is Ghost Rider. I want my damned Hela deck, game!

Surprised how many people are hitting infinite. I've never made it past 50 and it just doesn't feel possible

I am definitely not good (at level 99 this morning I played hobgoblin on a location I had dropped cosmo on), so if I can do it you definitely can. Tbh I think the key is picking a deck where you know before hitting “go” on T6 that you can flip a negative board state into a win (or know that you can’t and can fold). The DinoVision deck can do that, as can the Kazoo T6 dump deck. If you can generate more 8 cube wins your climb will be much easier

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Finally pulled Magneto and Kingpin and now it's time for some extremely rude poo poo. What should I run alongside them? Moon Girl And Devil Dino sounds obvious based on the curve, but it seems like you want to save Kingpin for turn 5 so the opponent doesn't just play the cards they don't want moved at his location to begin with

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

doingitwrong posted:

Marvel Snap Zone has a neat article that is about decks you can build with one pool 3 card and all the rest pool 2&1. It's a nice starting point for the awkward Pool 3 Adolescence.
https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/

appreciate it! I am almost exactly halfway through pool 2. I changed the URL to pool-2-decks and I'm looking through that for stuff I can build.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

No Wave posted:

I JUST FAILED THREE IN A ROW

EVENT IS poo poo

I got even better: I succeeded 3 randoms in a row.

Every one of them was Nakia's Rings.

I'm never loving forging random again.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Opopanax posted:

You just have to play a ton (k I'm not infinite I'm 72 so maybe it gets harder). There are so many bots to farm it is barely ever worth snapping humans.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Scrap Dragon posted:

Finally pulled Magneto and Kingpin and now it's time for some extremely rude poo poo. What should I run alongside them? Moon Girl And Devil Dino sounds obvious based on the curve, but it seems like you want to save Kingpin for turn 5 so the opponent doesn't just play the cards they don't want moved at his location to begin with

Sera and Aero. Then you can drop Kingpin and Aero in the same location on turn 6 for some serious poo poo up-loving.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
when your opponent plays a leader on turn 6 opposite your armin zola it turns the last round into madness, especially if zola then copies the leader

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

if you are going to shoot me a thumbs up when your shang chi destroys my black panther, you might want to just wait a second to see if danger room procs

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd be pretty proud of that read too... though he may in fact be playing the same deck.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reek posted:

when your opponent plays a leader on turn 6 opposite your armin zola it turns the last round into madness, especially if zola then copies the leader

One of my favourite things in the game is when they play one while I play Destroyer

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.

they retreated

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

My opponent just played Nightcrawler onto Bar Sinister.

Yeah, I don't know either.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Maybe a smart move in a destroy/Death deck?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Drinkslinger posted:

You can stagger moving off the night crawlers to get like 1 wong and three white tigers or other such shenanigans

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

A lot of the time it's just good. You're goblin proof and can still play 1 card per turn.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It is very satisfying to chase those juicy Shang-Chi kills and you can lose perspective. I would have screwed myself if had played the one on the left (at the location with a beefy Squirrel, Kazar, Blue Marvel and Onslaught) before the one on the right (several heavily buffed cards). I bet my opponent wishes they would have drawn that Armor earlier before they committed to Onslaught's Citadel.

Edit: drat, I've been playing with low settings on a laptop and had forgotten how bad it looks in screenshots.

Drinkslinger posted:

A pool one Kazoo play is:
Nightcrawler x4, move one, Blue Marvel, move the other three, Onslaught.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 18, 2022

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Drinkslinger posted:

The week Bar Sinister was a featured location I played an Onslaught deck and its ideal turn one was Nightcrawler on Bar Sinister. If your deck revolves around buffing your cards after they're played it's a surprisingly effective strategy.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

No Wave posted:

I'd be pretty proud of that read too... though he may in fact be playing the same deck.

That's the thing about Wong-> Black Panther -> Zola is you start broadcasting it on turn 4 so it's extra funny when it comes off.

This deck crushed pool 2 decks who had never seen the pool 3 cards and now gets bodied by regular pool 3 decks. There are a number of easy hard counters, cosmo, shang chi, armor, plus now u have to deal with magneto and others messing up my ability to play

I did just draw Patriot so maybe that's the next deck

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I have no idea why my opponent snapped on turn 5, and even less of an idea why they didn't retreat when I snapped back on turn 6.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Opponent snapped when Daredevil was active and they played Captain Marvel in an otherwise empty middle.

Not a bad idea, but I played Gamora trying to keep my center big, hoping his next card wouldn't be too big so I could keep Captain Marvel locked in place with Professor X (who would resolve first) and still win.

They played Shang-Chi, I did a fist pump.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I had someone win one location by 52 points but have ONE other card out on the board. And they snapped!

Bot maybe? I feel like someone with aweedbabygoku-esque name isn't a bot but maybe I'm underestimating the devs.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

rydiafan posted:

I have no idea why my opponent snapped on turn 5, and even less of an idea why they didn't retreat when I snapped back on turn 6.

If someone's screen name is just a first name like that they're very likely a bot

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Opopanax posted:

If someone's screen name is just a first name like that they're very likely a bot

Oh yeah, duh.

I was too busy being amused by the literal inability to play cards on turn 6.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Pulled Mystique and already gained 4 levels. Looking through the pool 3 tier list she's the first one I've opened who's not near the bottom :smith:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

cirus posted:

Pulled Mystique and already gained 4 levels. Looking through the pool 3 tier list she's the first one I've opened who's not near the bottom :smith:

Tier list? Which one is that exactly?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

uXs posted:

Tier list? Which one is that exactly?

This is a decent one https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/yrb1iz/tier_list_of_early_pool3_pulls_based_on_support/

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I feel like I need to try playing with decks that don't involve big predictable combos. I win a lot with my Patriot deck but everyone always retreats when they see what's going on so I'm winning one or two cubes at a time, and the rest of the time my opponent also snaps and then plays Enchantress and I'm hosed out of 8 cubes. Any suggestions ?

I'm thinking I'll go back to my old Collector/Dino deck. Collector has been nerfed to poo poo but at least if I get a bunch of random cards in my hand I'll have a lot of options and unpredictability.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I keep trying to eke out wins with my “double gob” deck :haw:

I retreat whenever anything goes bad.

Not having a good synergy card with Storm is a bad idea I feel. Might swap enchantress for JJ.

# (1) Elektra
# (1) Nova
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3JlZW5Hb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxla3RyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Yeah, I dunno. What cards do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

uXs posted:

Yeah, I dunno. What cards do you have?

Can't be worse than my Quake, Falcon, Viper, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Brood, Goose as my first bunch of pool 3 cards.