Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

romanowski posted:

I am very much in "an ovi goal is a win" mode these days

I'm actively cheering for Ovi to score a goal but the Caps to lose every game until Lavy gets fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

xzzy posted:

Dig up those old posts and forward them to whoever runs that crazy rear end moments in SA history twitter account. The world needs to know.

I got some bad news for you about Twitter.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mind_Taker posted:

I know the Capitals came back to lose in the SO but they were playing a tired team and they were absolutely unprepared to start the game. I hope they don’t spin this into a positive but rather see it as unacceptable to go down 3-0 that quickly.

Carlson was being slow and bad on those first two goals, as per usual. He did have a few rush chances and two goals... my mans seems to only get hyped playing offense.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 18, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike Works posted:

Also that person is Guy Mann so probably don’t.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mike Works posted:

At the time I posted that it looked like it would probably stay online. It's been a wild 12 hours.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

T-Bone posted:

Man the rookies are pretty brutal this year eh? Calder front runners are like 25 year old Logan Thompson and Owen Power probably who has been pretty solid if unspectacular? Maybe Jake Sanderson too? Has there ever been a top trio of Calder nominations without any forwards?

Leading rookie point scorer is fuckin Matias Maccelli. Looking like a Barret Jackman year

If you go back to 62-63, Kent Douglas, Doug Barkley, and Wayne Hillman, were all nominated.

Also, it's unfair that the Devils have been able to look this good so quickly after seasons of futility. They should have to return Nemec.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

Also, it's unfair that the Devils have been able to look this good so quickly after seasons of futility. They should have to return Nemec.

It will be interesting to see what they do with their prospects now. They've got like 7 D prospects who project as some varying level of NHLer: Luke Hughes, Nemec, Mukhamadullin, Bahl, Casey, Walsh, Okhotyuk.

On F it's much thinner (granted a lot of their top young guys are already NHLers), so it would be nice if Holtz ends up being a player.

Honestly outside of Luke Hughes and probably Nemec I think everyone else is probably available at the deadline. Fitzgerald keeps saying he'll only make hockey trades though, so probably no one of note is leaving for a rental.

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1593488359019745281

Pretty crazy that was the Leafs's worst game analytically, as I thought they looked pretty solid in the first and second. They did get pretty caved chasing in the 3rd though.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 18, 2022

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

T-Bone posted:

Man the rookies are pretty brutal this year eh? Calder front runners are like 25 year old Logan Thompson and Owen Power probably who has been pretty solid if unspectacular? Maybe Jake Sanderson too? Has there ever been a top trio of Calder nominations without any forwards?

Leading rookie point scorer is fuckin Matias Maccelli. Looking like a Barret Jackman year

I think you've nailed the top 3, at least at this point of the season. Shane Pinto has an outside chance too, if he keeps getting PP time and starts getting some assists. Sanderson appears to be taking over as Ottawa's #1 PP guy as well, so he might start getting more points. He's only 1 point back of Maccelli now.

Sanderson is easily Ottawa's best defenceman this year, and it's not particularly close. Looks like a 5-year vet. He's also now officially Ottawa's #1 defenseman, with Chabot out potentially long-term with a concussion.

https://twitter.com/jackrichrdson/status/1593324894586118145/photo/1

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this is actually pretty rad
https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1593400134544412672?s=20&t=4NCvtgaItzzm_WM2k6UZeQ

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
He should be allowed to wear that in every game he plays henceforward

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Pretty crazy that was the Leafs's worst game analytically, as I thought they looked pretty solid in the first and second. They did get pretty caved chasing in the 3rd though.

The cumulative xG chart was pretty even (with the Devils slightly ahead) after two and then the Devils completely ran away with the third, it was a massacre. The Leafs looked pretty gassed as the game went on, and opening the game up late played more into the Devils’ strengths than theirs.

e: The Devils put up more xG in the third than they had in the first 40 minutes combined (1.6 through 40, 2 in the third)

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 18, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Koopa Kid posted:

The cumulative xG chart was pretty even (with the Devils slightly ahead) after two and then the Devils completely ran away with the third, it was a massacre. The Leafs looked pretty gassed as the game went on, and opening the game up late played more into the Devils’ strengths than theirs.

e: The Devils put up more xG in the third than they had in the first 40 minutes combined (1.6 through 40, 2 in the third)

Yeah I posted in the GD but I thought the Leafs deserved to be up 1 or tied after 2, definitely could have gone the other way if their big guys could finish which is apparently really hard for them this year according to you guys!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/moneypuckdotcom/status/1593592986801242112?s=46&t=xq0if3INIdcUw2_esor3Kw

Carolina’s entire top-9 being on here is impressive, Rod’s system of “Shots on Goal From Anywhere” sure is fun to watch in the regular season

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Yeah I posted in the GD but I thought the Leafs deserved to be up 1 or tied after 2, definitely could have gone the other way if their big guys could finish which is apparently really hard for them this year according to you guys!

This is from a few days ago, but yeah

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1591825996596105220?s=46&t=EtM7nCWDPHlVKqpuU5XIwA

Generally speaking with the Leafs shooters you’d want them to be slightly out scoring their xG, not 10 goals underwater

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Koopa Kid posted:

This is from a few days ago, but yeah

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1591825996596105220?s=46&t=EtM7nCWDPHlVKqpuU5XIwA

Generally speaking with the Leafs shooters you’d want them to be slightly out scoring their xG, not 10 goals underwater

The wild thing about the Panthers offence taking this bad of a nosedive in 1 year is you can’t even say that their team defence improved when they hired Paul Maurice. Maybe Brunette wasn’t the answer, but he deserved another full season imo

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Brunette apparently has an out in his associate coach contract that allows him to take head coaching gigs (I think mid-season??) There's gotta be a ton of shine on him right now.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

thehoodie posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with jacob markstrom. the oilers series last playoffs seems to have broken him

yeah he's totally broken, that unscreened muffin of a point shot he let in last night was special...

Interestingly enough the teams 88.58 save percentage isn't the worst in the league... lol nucks

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Florida basically self-owning every time the team takes a step forward the past ~6 years is extremely funny

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Dirty Burger posted:

The wild thing about the Panthers offence taking this bad of a nosedive in 1 year is you can’t even say that their team defence improved when they hired Paul Maurice. Maybe Brunette wasn’t the answer, but he deserved another full season imo

I'd like to see any coach make this defense corps usable. Ekblad has looked awful in the games since he's returned, and there's only so far that playing Brandon Montour and Gustav Forsling 24 minutes a night can take you. Though pairing Ekblad with Marc Staal in 2022 is probably a big reason why Ekblad looks so lovely, and that's totally on Maurice.

Also, Bob needs to be bought out ASAP. Knight got saddled with a loss last night because Bob gave up 4 first period goals, got chased for Knight, and the Panthers came back to lose 6-4. Knight has figured it out at the NHL level and should be the starter going forward.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I didn't expect Nico to improve as much as he has this year. I thought he was a nice player but not a star and right now he's playing like one of the best 20 players in the league.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is there anyone left that doesn't wear a visor?

The stupid part is all the remaining guys that don't had to wear a visor all the way up to the NHL. Lucic, ROR, Kassian, et al took off their visors when they made it to the NHL. If it hasn't been mandated for everyone who began after 2010 there would likely be plenty more who did the same, even though they're perfectly capable of playing with one on. It has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with macho bullshit.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

tbf the Panthers were 2nd in xGF/60 when JFresh posted that chart, they’re almost certainly just getting extremely unlucky with finishing. It is still funny, though.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

NJ is not only extremely good at creating turnovers through sheer stickwork, they're also obscenely fast at transitioning up the ice. They're giving teams aneurysms

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/CompleteHkyNews/status/1593364446239506432

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

T-Bone posted:

Brunette apparently has an out in his associate coach contract that allows him to take head coaching gigs (I think mid-season??) There's gotta be a ton of shine on him right now.

Yeah I think there's a good chance he'll go to whichever team fires their coach first. Unless it's Vancouver. Hopefully he has sense enough not to even return a call from Vancouver.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah I think there's a good chance he'll go to whichever team fires their coach first. Unless it's Vancouver. Hopefully he has sense enough not to even return a call from Vancouver.

The Canucks apparently have Rick Tocchet ready to go when they fire Boudreau. No, I don't know why either.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

The Canucks apparently have Rick Tocchet ready to go when they fire Boudreau. No, I don't know why either.

yes please get him the gently caress off TNT

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wait, the Caps have $32 million in salary on either IR or LTIR? I know Backstrom was unlikely to play, but still. Seems like a big deal.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Hakan Loob and his pubic tube remain undefeated

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Koopa Kid posted:

Wait, the Caps have $32 million in salary on either IR or LTIR? I know Backstrom was unlikely to play, but still. Seems like a big deal.

Yup, it’s why we all want to punt on this year and try and get into the lottery. Fire Lavs, it’s past time. Carlson needs to be abso-loving-lutely traded right the gently caress now while he still has some sort of value. Deadline at the latest to a desperate team. Then let the young kids get ice time.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

Hakan Loob and his pubic tube remain undefeated

... what?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1593708943683248128

Z U B

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

it's my go to hockey pool name - The Hakan Loob Pubic Toob and it always wins

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Koopa Kid posted:

Columbus does, too, for what it's worth.

...and are somehow 3-0-1 since bodies started hitting the floor en masse. :iiam:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Almost everyone in this gif is dead now.

still one of the best

also, mcvey is still here but he is a massive DUMMY who won't post!!!

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

ThinkTank posted:

The stupid part is all the remaining guys that don't had to wear a visor all the way up to the NHL. Lucic, ROR, Kassian, et al took off their visors when they made it to the NHL. If it hasn't been mandated for everyone who began after 2010 there would likely be plenty more who did the same, even though they're perfectly capable of playing with one on. It has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with macho bullshit.

Wasn't there a dude who kept getting penalites for having his visor tipped up too far? And he wasn't even required to wear one? Was it a Toronto player? Can't remember.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Yup, it’s why we all want to punt on this year and try and get into the lottery. Fire Lavs, it’s past time. Carlson needs to be abso-loving-lutely traded right the gently caress now while he still has some sort of value. Deadline at the latest to a desperate team. Then let the young kids get ice time.

If you want to suck hard for Bedard then I'd recommend keeping Lavs.

I know not having Tom Wilson makes it a lot harder but the Caps should be cranking the thuggery up to 11 and ripping off the knob. Leading the league in penalties will also mean leading the league in power plays, thanks to the league office's idiotic Call An Even Game mandate to the refs, and the only point of the Caps' existence at this point is setting up Ovi to sock dingers.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 18, 2022

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Wasn't there a dude who kept getting penalites for having his visor tipped up too far? And he wasn't even required to wear one? Was it a Toronto player? Can't remember.

Carl Hagelin, I believe, has been called for this. I remember him having a crazy tilt to his visor.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/status/1593692016130621440?t=5frBUT89EhydTZUHRgsKTA&s=19

Yeah I agree Sam, the idea of the Philadelphia Flyers having a ton of players injured is totally mind-boggling stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I didn't expect Nico to improve as much as he has this year. I thought he was a nice player but not a star and right now he's playing like one of the best 20 players in the league.

He dealt with a smattering of injuries that really hampered him going into last season where he had to get back to fitness and reacquaint - now he's healthy we're seeing why he was a #1 pick.

The aggressiveness of the whole team to try and move the puck as fast as possible while controlling the boards down into the corners with little tap plays behind and quick cuts up ice have really had an impact. They've had really active sticks on defense as well, which was evident against the Leafs in the high slot a lot of the time