Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Kirios posted:

Why does it look like the Marlins M

Look, the custom jersey editor in The Show 22 can only do so much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I applaud graphic designers across the country for banding together and deciding not to do any work in the last decade. If we all followed their lead we could make some real progress as a society.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bawfuls posted:

yup! Things that matter:

-is the stadium physically safe? Are pieces of it likely to fall off and injur/kill people? Is it in danger of collapse?
-are there lots of seats with good sightlines of the game, or did they take up valuable seating real estate with expensive luxury boxes and weird "quirks?"
-are there sufficient facilities to handle the crowds? (i.e. pisser capacity, this is why The Troughs Were Good)
-similarly, is there enough beer and food vending capacity?
-can you get in and out of the stadium easily & safely via transit?

Wrigley passes all of this, except that a lot of the inexpensive seats (200s and 400s) have partially obstructed views, and it's hard to tell exactly how obstructed until you're in the seat. But if there's not a pole in front of you, the sightlines are all great. You never feel far away, even in the back row of the upper deck, or the CF bleachers above the batter's eye.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is that M logo new, I've only ever seen the TC one

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I think they all look very good but I really love the Twin Cities alt. I guess I'm just easy to please.

Kirios posted:

The hat is definitely iffy, makes me think Seattle and Miami first.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

zoux posted:

Is that M logo new, I've only ever seen the TC one

Technically, yes.

The new ones have some good ideas like the pinstripes on the road greys and getting rid of the gold trim. They just look half-finished.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

They're called the Twins, of course they'd want their uniforms to look a lot like another team's

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

more falafel please posted:

Wrigley passes all of this, except that a lot of the inexpensive seats (200s and 400s) have partially obstructed views, and it's hard to tell exactly how obstructed until you're in the seat. But if there's not a pole in front of you, the sightlines are all great. You never feel far away, even in the back row of the upper deck, or the CF bleachers above the batter's eye.
do they still have sufficient beer & food vendors walking the aisles? It was great when I was there in 2013, but that's something a lot of stadiums have seemed to lose since covid as staffing has contracted

In 2021 staffing was so bad that I saw a section-wide brawl sustain itself for an entire half-inning at Petco with zero security every showing up.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 18, 2022

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Kirios posted:

My first thought too. Also, didn’t the twins do a uniform refresh a year or two ago? I swear I remember it including a powder blue alt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ugh NO MORE POWDER BLUE ALT, just the chargers and phillies (though the phils need to lighten them up a couple shades imo)

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Dinosaurs! posted:

My first thought too. Also, didn’t the twins do a uniform refresh a year or two ago? I swear I remember it including a powder blue alt.

They added gold not that long ago. They also had an M hat like the one from the 90s that they never ended up wearing, which hopefully happens to this new M hat.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

bawfuls posted:

do they still have sufficient beer & food vendors walking the aisles? It was great when I was there in 2013, but that's something a lot of stadiums have seemed to lose since covid as staffing has contracted

In 2021 staffing was so bad that I saw a section-wide brawl sustain itself for an entire half-inning at Petco with zero security every showing up.

Yeah, it was better this year than last year. The beer vendors just give you the can now, which is a little disappointing because I always loved watching them pour it, but it's obviously much easier for them so I don't mind much.

They also have way more concession stands now, especially in the back of the upper deck, which helps relieve the traffic a lot. Ordering on the app is nice too, I can usually go get a beer between innings and not miss more than a couple pitches.

No walking vendors in the bleachers, but that's how it's always been.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

Ugh NO MORE POWDER BLUE ALT, just the chargers and phillies (though the phils need to lighten them up a couple shades imo)

Should make some Luv Ya Blue alts for the Astros. Bud Adams is dead as gently caress so why not?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Dinosaurs! posted:

The last overhaul was in 2012, where they added that dumb gold trim and removed the pinstripes. Otherwise they've had the same general design since 1987. The powder blue uniforms were a throwback alternate based on their 1973-1986 road uniforms.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Safe Word posted:

Should make some Luv Ya Blue alts for the Astros. Bud Adams is dead as gently caress so why not?

Well yes in an Oilers Resurrected situation I'd have to rethink some things.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Is the red 4 pointed star a throwback or been used before? Really dislike that M hat in general. The TC logo is great.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Speaking of evil empires, I have no idea what the Yankees would be looking for in a hypothetical Torres trade.

Would they be looking primarily for upside or proximity to the bigs? starters, relievers, positional guys?

addition by subtraction.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Jose Altuve is a saint - name the league after him imo.

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1593643557092466688?t=ICXNMNaKlNuW2Cx1XH7TSA&s=19

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So Gleyber can't be the centre piece to a player like Juan Soto???

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I prefer the status quo
https://twitter.com/Kuno75/status/1593072820472676352

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Naturally Peter Gammons is now in on the rewriting of history in Houston. Five years later “yeah, they are very remorseful. And innocent.”

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

STAC Goat posted:

Naturally Peter Gammons is now in on the rewriting of history in Houston. Five years later “yeah, they are very remorseful. And innocent.”

The truth is sometimes a difficult pill to swallow - I'm happy to help you work through it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Don't bother with articles like that. Astros haters will always be Astros haters. I don't blame them either

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Hey man cheer up, big NYY roster news

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1593703783183355905

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So much for using the young kids at SS

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

Some MLB managers think IKF is arguably a GG shortstop, you know.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

They will probably trade him. At least I would hope so if I was a Yanks fan

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

Don't bother with articles like that. Astros haters will always be Astros haters. I don't blame them either

I'm here for all people to work through their issues of confronting the truth that Jose Altuve is perfect.

It's hard to have spent years knowing one truth only to realize the only person cheating in that ALCS at bat was on on the pitchers mound.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

MrMidnight posted:

There are zero kids in the farm that Yankees fans should want as a backup/utility IF over IKF, honestly. They've been around him all year, provided he adds anything positive to the clubhouse I'd take him on $6m for a year over Andrus or Iglasies.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I really hope the Yankees dump Torres for peanuts. Come home Gleyber.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Those Twins uniforms are a little generic but not bad. I think I’m the only person who actually liked the gold trim on the navy though.

It really makes me wish the Astros would finally refresh their uniforms, even in some little way. I’m so tired of the basic-rear end orange and white looks and the generic block font. Next season marks ten years with that design too.

I’d kill for a modern take on the 65-75 Shooting Star logo. I’d even accept the 87-93 minimalist with rainbow sleeves look.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Popete posted:

I really hope the Yankees dump Torres for peanuts. Come home Gleyber.

Hard to remember from so long ago but, who did yall get for trading away Gleyber??

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

The truth is sometimes a difficult pill to swallow - I'm happy to help you work through it.
Are they remorseful for their cheating or innocent of cheating? Can't be both.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Are they remorseful for their cheating or innocent of cheating? Can't be both.

Jose didn't cheat, but wore it, took it, never said a word about it while being the face of MLB sign stealing.

I'm happy to work through this further with you should you like.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 18, 2022

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

Hard to remember from so long ago but, who did yall get for trading away Gleyber??

I know you're doing your normal shtick and trying to say the Cubs acquiring Chapman means nobody can criticize the Astros for picking up Osuna. Whatever you need to do to justify it to yourself forums posters Sab.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Actual baseball news via Passan Instagram (lol Twitter). Urshela to Angels

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClHdfA8O5j2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

vvvv agree about Sab. Shut up about Altuve already. I'm an Astros guy and I'm tired of the weekly derails

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 18, 2022

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sab0921 posted:

Jose didn't cheat, but wore it, took it, never said a word about it while being the face of MLB sign stealing.

Altuve cheated OP, just accept it and move on. Nobody is demanding you disavow him or the Astros but this shtick of yours has honestly gotten more annoying than mcmagic's routine.

I guess that's... one way to replace Justin Turner???

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MrMidnight posted:

I think its obvious he's backup in case the completely untested rookie SSs don't do anything. At worst he's a bench IFer and pinch runner, at worst he's another stop gap if the rookies are bad.

I really hate this place these days. You're all so nasty. Tired of being treated like poo poo by everyone. Tired of all the toxicity. Just tired.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MrMidnight posted:

Actual baseball news via Passan Instagram (lol Twitter). Urshela to Angels

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClHdfA8O5j2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

For a single-A arm. Better than non-tendering him I suppose and it frees up a starting spot for Lewis when he comes back from injury after Correa re-signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sydin posted:

Altuve cheated OP, just accept it and move on. Nobody is demanding you disavow him or the Astros but this shtick of yours has honestly gotten more annoying than mcmagic's routine.

I guess that's... one way to replace Justin Turner???

Angels who uhh are going to play him at SS???