Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Months doing a lot of work after this week

How many people will work at Twitter by the end of next week? <50?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I think he kind of did start spacex but there was something shifty where a guy who was involved with spacex early helped him get a grant of like half a billion before spacex had really done anything.

Edit: yep Michael griffin who was president of a CIA venture capital firm at the time and tried to help Musk buy rockets from the Russians, would later become the head of NASA and then give spacex $400mil before they had launched a single rocket.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

How is the Trump poll going? I want to see results but don't want to encourage this billionaire man child either way

If he does bring him back I'm shutting it all down. I left Facebook like *that*. Twitter is not even close

Sucks for all those govt and corpos that made Twitter their first line of customer communications for emergencies and such

57/43 Y/N, the yeses have lost a little bit but not too much.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be funny if Trump came back and just spent all day making GBS threads on Musk and plugging his own site. Though this whole thing has me curious what the work culture over there is like. Probably not much better, but everyone to went to work for Trump was a true believer from the start.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Captain Hygiene posted:

57/43 Y/N, the yeses have lost a little bit but not too much.

Danke, Captain! :cheersdoge:

Democracy wins again! :sigh:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

tbh old-twitter probably would have unbanned trump anyway once his re-election campaign started

like how facebook ordered their fact checkers to stop fact checking trump as soon as he announced he was running, they don't want to be seen as taking a side in such a high profile election

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

cohsae posted:

I think he kind of did start spacex but there was something shifty where a guy who was involved with spacex early helped him get a grant of like half a billion before spacex had really done anything.

Edit: yep Michael griffin who was president of a CIA venture capital firm at the time and tried to help Musk buy rockets from the Russians, would later become the head of NASA and then give spacex $400mil before they had launched a single rocket.

gwenn shotwell is the person responsible for spacex's successes, he gave his job at the company to her shortly after buying twitter iirc.

elon musk is a good salesman/marketer and nothing else. irl michael scott with a bunch of money and nothing endearing or funny. i could absolutely see musk doing that one chris rock bit

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Truth/parler/Gab are probably far less bespoke as twitter and running on aws or something similar right? Just systems that couldn’t scale as much as twitter (not without costing a buttload in hosting costs) and less features.

I know truth is basically mastodon and the other ones are probably similar.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

gab is also mastodon, though neither it or truthsocial are federated

i think parler is bespoke software

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Vice President posted:

he's probably already here

hey Musky, if you're here, you bought the Lotus which appeared in "The Spy who Loved Me". You're clearly not loving doing anything with it.

Give it to me.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/anally_retended/status/1593606850762637313

Sit back and enjoy

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

priznat posted:

Truth/parler/Gab

how dare you forget Frank, as in frank talk or something. The website started by PILLOW.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I know why normal people hate Alex Jones, but why doesn't Elon like him? Did he insult him or something?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Should have posted an MCU or Disney film instead.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

artsy fartsy posted:

I know why normal people hate Alex Jones, but why doesn't Elon like him? Did he insult him or something?

He's jealous of Alex's effortless ability to forget about his children

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

There Bias Two posted:

Musk's Trump poll now shows as unavailable for me.

It does that once you've voted.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Jones isnt part of the rich people club and when he personally bothered fellow rich person Jack, Jones made himself a bigger untouchable.

e: if musky ever gets told about Loomer he'll also personally ban her for daring to bother a fellow rich.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

how dare you forget Frank, as in frank talk or something. The website started by PILLOW.

Alex won't share his chili of forgetfulness recipe with Elon.

Zil fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Nov 19, 2022

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

artsy fartsy posted:

Alex Jones, as a broke, washed up rear end in a top hat who's burned all his bridges, is a perfect line for Elon to draw as "too extreme"

in his head this helps him keep up his most enlightened centrist act while unleashing every other right-wing shithead on the planet

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

LMAO if the copyright people quit as well.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the trump poll was almost enough to get me to login and vote. it's embarrassing enough that musk doesn't have the balls to take that action on his own, and it will be even more embarrassing when trump declines to come back after being invited by elon.

everyone should be voting yes, there's no saving twitter now but what we can do is extract maximum LOLs on the way down.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

it's actually a bit shocking that Musk's poll choices weren't "yes" and "hell yes"

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

How is the Trump poll going? I want to see results but don't want to encourage this billionaire man child either way

If he does bring him back I'm shutting it all down. I left Facebook like *that*. Twitter is not even close

Sucks for all those govt and corpos that made Twitter their first line of customer communications for emergencies and such

Doesn't matter, this is just performative. He'll bring him back regardless, even if the Twitter bot army and trolls don't win the vote, which they absolutely will.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

he could just rig the vote if he wanted to

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Brb Watching a movie in two minute increments

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

TulliusCicero posted:

Months doing a lot of work after this week

How many people will work at Twitter by the end of next week? <50?

The one and only, true and immutable, force in this universe is taco Tuesday.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Total Party Kill posted:

For those 3 minutes or less, It's free.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593769469741932544

bots arent people you stupid limp dick

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Total Party Kill posted:

Yeah i suspect that if someone managed to strap kubrick, christopher nolan or quentin tarantino to a chair, ludovico technique style, and make them watch a movie in twitter chunks, they would explode

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

heavy liquid posted:

Doesn't matter, this is just performative. He'll bring him back regardless, even if the Twitter bot army and trolls don't win the vote, which they absolutely will.

I understand he's probably already decided, I just don't want to give him even a single extra vote to validate his existence :v:

I would've probably voted yes just to kill the site faster, but he's doing a great job on his own

Total Party Kill posted:

hope you're doing it on a mobile phone, just like the authors intended :pray:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

AndrewP posted:

I'm not saying Musk was solely responsible for the success of Tesla or SpaceX, but he had to have some management chops to start two successful technology companies. It's hard for me to square that guy with the edgelord Troll King that Musk is today

He got rich when Paypal took over some lovely fintech he started and paid him in shares. He bought Tesla, and from the start of SpaceX there were people involved with connections and talent. SpaceX also received a lot of government support along the way.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

At least Trump had some good jokes, these two mooks were just annoying little bitches

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It makes sense that he removed the hateful conduct policy since the whole thing arguably started because he "just wanted to joke" about pronouns. That it took a month is a bit strange but he likely forgot.

Alex Jones not being on the ticket to return to Twitter is, I believe, non-negotiable. The phone that Jones's lawyer accidentally revealed to the courts have a ton of incriminating texts on a bunch of people that likely included Musk or whoever support/are supported by Musk and he's very much persona non grata now. Trump is meant to be the big red carpet reveal at the end. We'll still have to see how the football event affects Twitter's architecture (which is now being reviewed by a bunch of self-learned randos from my understanding) but Musk doing all the releasing of ex-banned people is purely a smokescreen to hide how big mad he is.

For the record Jordan Peterson apparently is already having a meltdown on twitter.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ive suddenly started getting ads jammed between replies again

gotta increase the ads by 3x before they start halving the number of ads for twitter blue subscribers

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...I really didn't think there was a loving billionare historical fascist turbo nerd I hated more than Zuckerbot holy poo poo how is he more insufferable than Zuckerberg? Just dumb as pig poo poo and smug as all hell about it

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I tried to log in to vote in the Trump poll and got a 500 Internal Server Error

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/erichaywood/status/1593407500392374273

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

TulliusCicero posted:

...I really didn't think there was a loving billionare historical fascist turbo nerd I hated more than Zuckerbot holy poo poo how is he more insufferable than Zuckerberg? Just dumb as pig poo poo and smug as all hell about it

he's absolutely worse and more hateable than robot mcroboterson

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Zuckbot knows when to shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Vice President posted:

[opens any random page on github]

Just start playing Hacknet, Shenzhen I/O, or Exapunks and try to convince Elon your the most hardcore hacker in all twitter.