Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Chimera gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Good news, the cockatrices aren't that big a threat...

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Ronin being old enough to like, say words and make choices is wild to me. It was like a year ago Laura said they were having a child, right?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Poopshooter

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

boxen posted:

Ronin being old enough to like, say words and make choices is wild to me. It was like a year ago Laura said they were having a child, right?

Yeah, I mean it's only about 18 months since campaign 2 kicked off, right?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I mean, time is a weird soup. Ronin was born on June 30, 2018 going off this tweet. So he'd be a bit more than 4 years old now.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

me listening to Matt introducing the were-troop/

"Is he just describing the Thundercats?"

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

tsob posted:

I mean, time is a weird soup. Ronin was born on June 30, 2018 going off this tweet. So he'd be a bit more than 4 years old now.

He began gathering power from an early age

https://twitter.com/WillingBlam/status/1344117633428307968

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy poo poo the end of the Nordverse one-shot is insane, Sam runs the best chaotic games.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hello thread! For this coming episode and the next, campaign 2 spoilers will be a-okay to just post.

Everyone's been pretty good about spoiler tagging old campaigns, though to keep the thread readable for posting about the 2 episode return, it'll be fair game until the next C3 episode.

So, if you're trying to avoid campaign 2 spoilers, the tagging rule for them will go back into effect on December 8th when campaign 3 resumes. I'll add this warning to the OP and usual siren-post warnings for people, just in case.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

...I just realized I have no idea what Kingsley's class is

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Froghammer posted:

...I just realized I have no idea what Kingsley's class is

I don't think he has a definite class as of yet. One would presume he's a blood hunter, since both Mollymauk and Lucien were blood hunters, but it's not implausible that Taliensin has talked to Matt and had him reclassed both for his own interest, and to differentiate Kingsley from Mollymauk and Lucien in a very defined manner.

Edit: Also, since I'm watching through this week's episode I just want to note that I do appreciate that Liam/Orym keeps sending messages to Dorian every few episodes as quiet moments. I really hope Robbie comes back into the campaign at some point, even if only for a few episodes but it's nice character work for Orym even if it has no major pay off.

tsob fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 16, 2022

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

He was played in the VM vs M9 one-shot as a high level blood hunter so it’s probably still just that.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope Kingsley gets True Polymorphed into a firbolg cleric

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tsob posted:

Edit: Also, since I'm watching through this week's episode I just want to note that I do appreciate that Liam/Orym keeps sending messages to Dorian every few episodes as quiet moments. I really hope Robbie comes back into the campaign at some point, even if only for a few episodes but it's nice character work for Orym even if it has no major pay off.

feel like liam and taliesin are best at this skill: spending enough on-camera time doing something that the narrative eventually requires it to be paid off

like, Dorian has to show up at an important time in this campaign or else all that is wasted, feel like matt is guaranteed to do it

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

eke out posted:

feel like liam and taliesin are best at this skill: spending enough on-camera time doing something that the narrative eventually requires it to be paid off

like, Dorian has to show up at an important time in this campaign or else all that is wasted, feel like matt is guaranteed to do it

Spoilers from the Dani Carr recap Robby is recording the response message for an upcoming episode. Doesn't sound like he'll be there, but Dorian is responding.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

seaborgium posted:

Spoilers from the Dani Carr recap Robby is recording the response message for an upcoming episode. Doesn't sound like he'll be there, but Dorian is responding.

I assumed from the way Matt spoke when saying he'd contact Robbie that Robbie wouldn't be appearing in the next couple of episodes; I more meant I hope he comes back as a player at some point in the campaign, whether it be 10 episodes from now or a hundred. I don't really mind if this doesn't end up in that at all, since it's good character work regardless, akin to Jester constantly sending messages to her mom, the hag etc. throughout campaign 2. It would be nice if it does, because it can in this case, since Dorian is another player character and not NPC, but it's fun either way.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Orym and Dorian are gonna get married before the end.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seaborgium posted:

yeah Matt specifically mentions this in the ep, it's no spoiler. my point is that narratively we basically have to have Dorian come back eventually, but it's going to be at a time where there are Stakes (or it'll be for a side quest that's related to his own personal plot)

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Didn't realize how much I missed that M9 music.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

:siren: M9 Reunion: Part 1 starts now! :siren:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Martina Stewart

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Wow, has Fjord always had 7 wisdom? Somehow I never noticed.

Edit: okay I believe it now.

boxen fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 18, 2022

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Ukotoa have some Storm Giants on the payroll? Seems like the Storm Giants would generally be opposed.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

Ukotoa have some Storm Giants on the payroll? Seems like the Storm Giants would generally be opposed.

Storm Titan maybe?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
That's ok, they've got 2 healers.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Still loving love the song and title sequence.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Ohhh SHIIIIII

Goddamn that's a good intro.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Bahahahaha loving Sam

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lmao GODDAMN YOU SAM

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Caduceus: *sees a beetle* Hey!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TotalHell posted:

:siren: M9 Reunion: Part 1 starts now! :siren:

Guess who was playing Darktide the whole time and forgot this was on!

I linked this post in the OP and if you're still somehow confused,
:frogsiren: You're in the campaign 2 spoiler zone now! :frogsiren:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

boxen posted:

Wow, has Fjord always had 7 wisdom? Somehow I never noticed.

Edit: okay I believe it now.

my favorite panel ever was when someone asked Travis if he was roleplaying a low wisdom score and, nope, he was just forgetting poo poo

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Your Turn to Roll is so drat good, no idea why they didn't stick with it.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Senjuro posted:

It was somebody else's turn to role

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

redbrouw posted:

It was somebody else's turn to role

:hmmyes:

Eh, I think it was better too but I'm also fine with them experimenting with different stuff even if it doesn't go over as well. Besides, taking a break from a great opening for awhile and then coming back to it just reminds me how awesome it is.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Senjuro posted:

Nobody has a falchion this season.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Paracaidas posted:

Nobody has a falchion this season.

It's literally the one thing noone should leave home without!

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Lima posted:

It's literally the one thing noone should leave home without!

Don't forget your owl!

(professor Thaddeus, you're the worst character ever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Maybe they'll do a new animated intro with a new song at some point

bonus points if you get Robbie in to help write and sing as if it was made by Dorian (like he did with the Bertram Bell song)