Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

My two most recent Pool 3 pulls are Viper and Mysterio. What do I do with them??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quackles posted:

My two most recent Pool 3 pulls are Viper and Mysterio. What do I do with them??

Mysterio goes in any deck with Bishop, because he counts as playing three cards.

Viper's pretty much binder bait though. Occasionally you'll get to donate a rock or a goblin, or get rid of something like Forge or Black Widow that's trash on the board so you have more space for good cards, but it's niche at best.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
Hot take? I will never snap because I like slapping around bots and people who are really bad and snapping now just means hurrying into destruction

also OP/early thread advice of using gold to reroll weekly missions is outdated and wrong when the best use of gold is jubilee variants

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I rode this chariot from 60 to 70 in pool 2. An infininaut move deck. It's high risk high reward. Falls apart if the draw order isn't great.

# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Armor
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (4) Miles Morales
# (4) White Queen
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkZpc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS3JhdmVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDbG9hayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9jdG9yU3RyYW5nZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZ1bHR1cmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaWxlc01vcmFsZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVRdWVlbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I wouldn't call it good, but it's chaotic and fun. People have trouble predicting you and it gives you room to improvise.

I felt it was worth double dipping on Armor and Cosmo, since the important cards are Shang-Chi food. On the upside, it's very strong against destroy decks.

You can hide that you aren't playing cards on turn 5 with a t4 Cloak.

I didn't have Sunspot at the time. He's probably better than Maw. Telegraphs the Infininaut though. Or maybe Maw is still preferable because it's easy to fill his lane and he doesn't suffer if you play turn 5.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 19, 2022

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Jedit posted:

Mysterio goes in any deck with Bishop, because he counts as playing three cards.

Viper's pretty much binder bait though. Occasionally you'll get to donate a rock or a goblin, or get rid of something like Forge or Black Widow that's trash on the board so you have more space for good cards, but it's niche at best.

Mysterio is also good if you run Nova or Blue Marvel as the illusions get buffed. Hell I’d run it in a deck over lizard, it’s the 2/5 without the downside.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah the only downside of Mysterio is if you throw him in a deck with no benefit from the extras, you gain the benefit of ~mind games~ but also clutter up your own board with crap. If you're not going to flood every location anyway it's not much of a downside.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Just had a match where the three loving locations were in order: Luke's Bar. Sanctum Sanctorum. Death's Domain.

Awesome so like 99% of decks can't place even a single card.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Quackles posted:

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this and there's a good reason it's not dominating the meta, but Viper seems really fun with Electro if you have him. His upside (+1 energy for the rest of the game) is an on reveal effect, and his downside (you can only play one card per turn) is an ongoing effect.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just pulled my opponent's Patriot to the Isle of Silence with a T6 Magneto. I know he's kind of a poor man's Aero but I love this card, it's also very funny when he pulls a Green Goblin that you donated

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

Just had a match where the three loving locations were in order: Luke's Bar. Sanctum Sanctorum. Death's Domain.

Not even close to that many. Ongoing decks can play Colossus, Destroy decks can play Bucky, Patriot can play its token generators, and handsize decks can play to Luke's Bar.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That is something you don't realize until you've seen it once, but yeah, Luke's Bar can't kick you out if there's no more room in your hand.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Saved up to 5000 credits to jump into pool 3 and got Black Cat, Doctor Octopus, Magik, Moon Knight, and Colleen Wing. Now gotta figure out some decks with these new cards. Seems like Doctor Octopus could be fun in causing some chaos against some decks.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Burden posted:

Saved up to 5000 credits to jump into pool 3 and got Black Cat, Doctor Octopus, Magik, Moon Knight, and Colleen Wing. Now gotta figure out some decks with these new cards. Seems like Doctor Octopus could be fun in causing some chaos against some decks.

I’ll tell you that every time someone has dropped a Doc Ock against me they ended up giving me 11 coat of board advantage or so.

Moon Knight is fun in a discard deck because the effect actually hits your opponent too.

The biggest issue with Pool 3 is until you get a core set of Pool 3 cards for a deck, you’re just stuck with mostly a good deck. Mostly.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Burden posted:

magik best girl, best card

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What’s the best bang for the buck for going gold-> new cards via credits or otherwise?

Unlocking new daily missions seems like I could probably just wait a couple hours instead.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Daily Mission refreshes give you exactly the same amount of Gold per Credit cost as just buying Credits, but also gives you Season Pass XP; so if you have the pass, buy missions. If you don't, it doesn't matter.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I got Sera as one of my first pool 3 cards, having success just throwing a bunch of 2 and 3 cost cards in a deck, doing a little bit of setup turns 1-4, Sera turn 5, then vomiting onto the board in turn 6. It doesn't seem like a lot but it works.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
I have also arrived in Pool 3 (Ronan, Invisible Woman, Arnim Zola, Brood). Still all over the board with what I'm playing (Kazoo late curve, but mostly Dino now).

My biggest repeat mistake? Forgetting the opponent also has a Turn 6... :shepface:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Nikumatic posted:

Daily Mission refreshes give you exactly the same amount of Gold per Credit cost as just buying Credits, but also gives you Season Pass XP; so if you have the pass, buy missions. If you don't, it doesn't matter.

You don't need to buy the season pass to progress in it and unlock poo poo. It's just that some (half?) items in the progression stay locked.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Burden posted:

This is a pretty interesting page with decent decks that all just use one pool 3 card: https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/

It's probably not all going to be good but it should be giving at least some ideas.

Otherwise look for pool 2 decks and think if adding one of your pool 3 cards would improve them.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

RevKrule posted:

Had this happen to me when I was in pool 1, and welp, squirrel girl

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

RevKrule posted:

I know a lot of people have already brought this up, but these locations existing is exactly why every deck should really have at least one move card and/or a card that adds power or units to another location.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

uXs posted:

This is a pretty interesting page with decent decks that all just use one pool 3 card: https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-3-decks/

It's probably not all going to be good but it should be giving at least some ideas.

Otherwise look for pool 2 decks and think if adding one of your pool 3 cards would improve them.

Thanks yeah I have been looking at this page and it is helpful to see how some decks are being built and give me some ideas

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I think it's weird/dumb that an Angela who has made it into Luke's Bar for some reason doesn't get buffed when cards are played there and bounced by it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah there are some real jank interactions that don't work how you'd think they would just because their wording is extremely inconsistent on their card text

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

PJOmega posted:

I think it's weird/dumb that an Angela who has made it into Luke's Bar for some reason doesn't get buffed when cards are played there and bounced by it.

Yeah that's something I reported as a possible bug in the Discord, it's weird since on-reveals do happen

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The Agatha deck is real, and it’s spectacular. My only regret is that she steals all the drat boosters

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I can't figure out if I'm just stupid or if movement decks are just that good in Pool 2. I can't beat them. It feels like EVERY TIME I play one I watch him punch/shift/moonwalk Vulture to like 21, Multiple-Man/Hulkbuster X3, I think they even move cards around to flex and then Heimdall everyone to the corner to dunk on me.

I DO need to start just noping out when I see a location that gives bonuses to movement, playing cards on a location and/or "can't play cards here" and dude lays down a movement card. Just give him the point.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ubersandwich posted:

I can't figure out if I'm just stupid or if movement decks are just that good in Pool 2. I can't beat them. It feels like EVERY TIME I play one I watch him punch/shift/moonwalk Vulture to like 21, Multiple-Man/Hulkbuster X3, I think they even move cards around to flex and then Heimdall everyone to the corner to dunk on me.

I DO need to start just noping out when I see a location that gives bonuses to movement, playing cards on a location and/or "can't play cards here" and dude lays down a movement card. Just give him the point.

When you see it's a movement deck, start playing for the right lane (because it'll usually be empty on their side once the dust settles).

Pool 2 move decks have only a few tricks so they're pretty predictable, including Dr Strange to move a card, Cloak to do more movement, and Chris Heimsworth for the big finish. With that in mind, you can predict what's coming on Turn 6 and whether you should bail out or not.

Other ways to mess with a movement deck:
• Professor X on the center lane. No Heimdall for you!
• Cosmo shuts off On Reveals - play it on a lane Dr Strange, Cloak, or Heimdall might come down on.
• Shang-Chi to KO an oversized Vulture.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Multiple man -> hulk buster -> dr strange is an auto retreat for me pretty much

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Quackles posted:

When you see it's a movement deck, start playing for the right lane (because it'll usually be empty on their side once the dust settles).

Pool 2 move decks have only a few tricks so they're pretty predictable, including Dr Strange to move a card, Cloak to do more movement, and Chris Heimsworth for the big finish. With that in mind, you can predict what's coming on Turn 6 and whether you should bail out or not.

• Cosmo shuts off On Reveals - play it on a lane Dr Strange, Cloak, or Heimdall might come down on.

this is Idris Elba erasure

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

this is Idris Elba erasure

I know nearly nothing about the MCU. Can you tell? :v:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ubersandwich posted:

I tend to play right and left and ignore the middle. Right side typically needs 9 points to win - you just have to beat Heimdall

Left side or middle is a call based on what they play where, you want to play enough left that they have to move into it but not enough that you're stick committing and can't play middle. It's a fine line and sometimes they have the move where retreating is best

Shang chi helps a lot, you can pretty much snipe vulture and win. Just gotta keep in mind who reveals first

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Quackles posted:

Been playing a Dino/Destruction deck that has it's moments, but not Shang-Chi and I'm feeling the lack of that card. Good advice, thank you.

This sort of makes me want to work out a "gently caress YOU" deck that doesn't win as much as prevents your opponent from winning.

EDIT:

Squiggly posted:

I tend to play right and left and ignore the middle. Right side typically needs 9 points to win - you just have to beat Heimdall

Left side or middle is a call based on what they play where, you want to play enough left that they have to move into it but not enough that you're stick committing and can't play middle. It's a fine line and sometimes they have the move where retreating is best

Shang chi helps a lot, you can pretty much snipe vulture and win. Just gotta keep in mind who reveals first

Awesome, thank you. I gotta remember I only have to win 2 lanes, they can rack up 75 in the third and it doesn't matter.

Ubersandwich fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 20, 2022

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎡 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎡

Serperoth posted:

Yeah that's something I reported as a possible bug in the Discord, it's weird since on-reveals do happen

I would love to see the stack order of actions, but I think On Reveal happens before the Played status resolves.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Quackles posted:

You would think this would work against us but honestly I end up holding Heimdall most games. People will make really bad choices trying to beat Heimdall then you just plop down Chavez or some other combo of cards and their grand plan just kinda fizzles

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I have a spectrum/ongoing deck with professor x and cosmo the chews up pool 2 movement decks. The biggest weakness beyond RNG has been a well placed enchantress. I either go klaw or iron man depending on what areas are active. I’m mid 50s rank though so ymmv

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Punisher
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhcnBhdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHVuaXNoZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sb3NzdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLbGF3In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

First of May posted:

I would love to see the stack order of actions, but I think On Reveal happens before the Played status resolves.

I believe so, but IIRC both Angela and the location are "Played", so it's kinda weird that one happens, but not the other. Either Angela gets the buff and the card goes away, or neither, or the on-reveal doesn't happen either. It doesn't sound like, INTENDED

Also, any cool decks for the current location? I don't have Death yet but I think a quick Destroy brew would be right up its alley no?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Is there a better feeling than playing Leech and watching their Sif tear up Apocalypse? I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
This featured location is really Magical Christmas Land for Deadpool and Taskmaster.