Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Anno posted:

Up to 42% no. Getting big “stop the count” energy from watching it slowly tick up.

I don’t honestly care that much what the ultimate decision is, I just want all of the “Trump loses third popular vote” headlines this should generate. And you know that fucker is sitting in a dark room starting at this thing.

4,104,328 votes votes

No up to 44% now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Saxophone posted:

Thing is, he’ll reinstate Trump regardless. If folks vote yes then he can go ‘well twitter voted yes’ and if they vote no he’ll’do it for the lols’ or whatever.

Bonus comedy: Trump only gets to come back to a broken and I working twitter, and then rages because of it.

Was thinking about this, would Trump even want to leave his own truth social network? He's so full of himself I guess he would come back and just spend every tweet talking about how much better truth social is and how much Elon would beg him like a dog when he was president or whatever like that post he made a while ago.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
The Nos have reached 45%

5,424,800 votes in

I wonder what the record for votes in a twitter poll is?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Has anybody wondered whether Musk can tell who voted?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neo Rasa posted:

Was thinking about this, would Trump even want to leave his own truth social network? He's so full of himself I guess he would come back and just spend every tweet talking about how much better truth social is and how much Elon would beg him like a dog when he was president or whatever like that post he made a while ago.

There's no way for a second he's not going to where he has the exponentially bigger audience.

But yeah, Elon actually getting Trump's personal attention is going to be lol.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Hasn't Elon snubbed Trumpism in the past?

Because Elon going, "okay Donald, welcome back!" and Trump going, "lol fuckoff nerd" would be absolutely hilarious.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

PhazonLink posted:

online polls are bullshit, also even if it was a 50.00....000001% favor in No, musky would go "clearly sjw lib bots"

It's this. He'll review the data and say it was mostly bot accounts that voted no. Clearly the people want Trump reinstated so he's back!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Nervous posted:

It's this. He'll review the data and say it was mostly bot accounts that voted no. Clearly the people want Trump reinstated so he's back!

You need some quotation marks around "review the data", because he ain't gonna do that.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's no way for a second he's not going to where he has the exponentially bigger audience.

But yeah, Elon actually getting Trump's personal attention is going to be lol.

It would absolutely be trumps narrative that it was the “will of the people” and giving musk zero credit

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

I don't have a twitter account but if I did I'd vote yes. loving burn it to the ground, and getting that piece of poo poo back on the platform is like pouring napalm on a trash fire.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
LOL, if Jim Cramer believes in Twitter's longevity, it's definitely going down this weekend.

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1593731870415818753
(screencap)

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Vote is continuing to swing towards No

7,006,819 votes votes in

No up to 46.4% now

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Family Values posted:

I don't have a twitter account but if I did I'd vote yes. loving burn it to the ground, and getting that piece of poo poo back on the platform is like pouring napalm on a trash fire.

It’s more the impact on US elections and hate towards large groups of people you should be concerned about. The social media website doesn’t really matter.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

HelloSailorSign posted:

Hasn't Elon snubbed Trumpism in the past?

Because Elon going, "okay Donald, welcome back!" and Trump going, "lol fuckoff nerd" would be absolutely hilarious.

Probably at one point but like all of these shitbags Elon kissed the ring like everyone else. Trump's reaction to meeting him though was this massive rant he made on his truth network or whatever LOL

So like on the one hand as someone whose projects are always massive failures, it would make sense for Trump to come back, but at the same time I wonder of Musk crosses over into personal hatred/this guy is a SAD LSOER territory enough that he won't associate with any of his stuff anymore since it would be an admission that truth social is useless.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 19, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't see Trump not abandoning Truth Social the nanosecond it ceases to be of use to him.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't see Trump not abandoning Truth Social the nanosecond it ceases to be of use to him.

he knows if he abandons it it immediately goes bankrupt which puts him in kind of a bind because that hurts his financial interests and is personally embarrassing

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1593723670396018691

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Bird has been lying about its revenues.

https://twitter.com/alisongriswold/status/1593616062553243648

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

I wouldn't expect much of anything from this poll, Musk's probably just doing it for the attention. Trump is the ultimate clickbait, after all.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593893237873201152

Honestly, though, I kinda hope I'm wrong here. The idea of the world's richest man being addicted to the social media feedback loop and that numbers-go-up feeling is kind of terrifying.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

It's considered good form to discuss tweets especially comedy ones.

I can't help but wonder how many people pretended to be Twitter employees that Elon actually tried to look up and fire.

Main Paineframe posted:

I wouldn't expect much of anything from this poll, Musk's probably just doing it for the attention. Trump is the ultimate clickbait, after all.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593893237873201152

Honestly, though, I kinda hope I'm wrong here. The idea of the world's richest man being addicted to the social media feedback loop and that numbers-go-up feeling is kind of terrifying.

I don't think anyone becomes the richest man in the world without this addiction

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 19, 2022

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Harold Fjord posted:

It's considered good form to discuss tweets especially comedy ones.

Sorry, I didint had anything to add, I just found found it very funny

And yeah, is a joke, of course

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

Harold Fjord posted:

I don't think anyone becomes the richest man in the world without this addiction

Jeff Bezos never got addicted to buying stuff off Amazon. Mexican telecomms dude never got addicted to long distance calls. Elon's behavior is bizarre even by insanely rich person standards.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Sri.Theo posted:

It’s more the impact on US elections and hate towards large groups of people you should be concerned about. The social media website doesn’t really matter.

Twitter disappears in a blink and all of that stuff continues unabated, unfortunately.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Morrow posted:

Jeff Bezos never got addicted to buying stuff off Amazon. Mexican telecomms dude never got addicted to long distance calls. Elon's behavior is bizarre even by insanely rich person standards.

The difference is not that Musk is less sane, the difference is that Bezos and Mexican dude (I don't know who you're talking about? Please say more) did not tweet every drat thought that came into their heads. Musk has stepped outside the normal protective PR shell that big-money people have. That's what's unusual: that he's exposed himself in public, not private.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Carlos Slim

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Looks like yes is going to narrowly win that poll. 51.8% with 14.4 million votes.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

Looks like yes is going to narrowly win that poll. 51.8% with 14.4 million votes.

52/48 ... the Brexit curse

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

blunt posted:

52/48 ... the Brexit curse

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594131768298315777

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Getting on the ship right as it sinks?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Welp, I'm totally checked out on the Twitter saga. This is such a craven attention seeking behavior that I don't think I can feel ethical giving Elon what he's so desperately craving, and I suspect that this is going to confirm a lot of advertisers' decisions to leave Twitter be for at least the next few quarters. Even if the website doesn't crash and burn, I think it's destined to be a permanent money pit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hasn't Trump been treating elon like he did Jeb! during the presidential candidacy?
Doesn't ol' Musky know he's gonna just get dunked on if Trump comes back?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wonder if they got back they're advertising support team because without at least some money coming in Twitter is not going to survive.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Elon Musk could have paid every employee (before firings and resignations) five million dollars and it would have cost him less than the purchase.

He’d have enough in change to ostensibly end world hunger.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I actually wonder how much his purchase did funnel into Twitter employees. It seems like the kind of company that would shovel out ownership pretty generously at some point in its lifecycle.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/yanisatech/status/1594084859579727872

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hey, now, nobody told me anything about training it for intersections!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kwyndig posted:

I wonder if they got back they're advertising support team because without at least some money coming in Twitter is not going to survive.

Yeah, about that:

https://twitter.com/sarahfrier/status/1594105916915187713

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Hasn't Trump been treating elon like he did Jeb! during the presidential candidacy?
Doesn't ol' Musky know he's gonna just get dunked on if Trump comes back?

It probably wasn't his intention but he basically just destroyed Truth Social and DWAC. The merger is never going to happen now and I doubt Trump is actually going to self-fund Truth when he can just tweet instead

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I don't think I've seen this video in the thread before. It's new to me. Let's watch a Tesla identify a horse-drawn carriage.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7131351993859329285

Tesla at least earns a courtesy point for not plowing full-speed through an unknown object, as opposed to what a self-driving Uber would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Platystemon posted:

Elon Musk could have paid every employee (before firings and resignations) five million dollars and it would have cost him less than the purchase.

Probably would've given him more control of Twitter too.