Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Did you want someone's home and/or land? Point the finger of "that's a traitor" to whomever just took over, BAM now its yours.

An old tale and the telling never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Did you want someone's home and/or land? Point the finger of "that's a traitor" to whomever just took over, BAM now its yours.

An old tale and the telling never gets old.

yeah, just report them to the SBU and they'll be killed or jailed for decades

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Corky Romanovsky posted:

By the time the movie is released, will Indiana Jones have lived long enough to become the villain?
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/indiana-jones-5-nazis-1969-exclusive/

become?

/goes around the world stealing artifacts, insisting "THESE BELONG IN A BRITISH MUSEUM"

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
*standard target audience

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

become?

/goes around the world stealing artifacts, insisting "THESE BELONG IN A BRITISH MUSEUM"

I say I say I say, one man's villain is another man's hero. How quaint.

(takes another sip of tea, adjusts monocle)

I say, Algernon, time for a brandy old chap.

(sits back in high back leather chair, near open fireplace with a stuffed elephant head above it)

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/OriginalMobutu/status/1594039277310316544

why would africans be upset at the west :thunk:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

yeah poo poo sucks... I was thinking the other day about why anyone who accepted aid from the Russians would even take the chance of remaining in Kherson as it was turned over to the Ukrainians but I guess it's true that not everyone can just pull up and leave at an instance. Worth keeping in mind that the primary cost to Russia of these retreats is the loss in innocent human lives from the populations living there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I asked the thinking computer with all the blinking lights why anyone in Africa would possibly be upset at the West. All the cooling fans went to maximum, the power draw went up and the ticker tape output just went nuts. I'm on the fourth box of printouts and there's no sign of it stopping.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I decided to double check so I asked the Allied Mastercomputer what it thought:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

good

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

xhosa girl gets the last laugh

edit: gently caress that was vilerat

studio mujahideen has issued a correction as of 06:13 on Nov 20, 2022

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Bellingcat's performance has been so bad thus far I'm tempted to ask if they're actually taking Chinese or Russian money rather than USA.

I kid, I kid. I would never ask.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DancingShade posted:

There is only one artillery piece and everyone has to share. Now make sure your squad fills out a box on the monthly calendar so you can get some artillery support on that day.

I wish I had my own artillery piece. I'd put it under a tent in the back yard and diligently wash and maintain it. My friends would be so jealous. Both the Russians and Ukrainians don't know how lucky they are.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I wish I had my own artillery piece. I'd put it under a tent in the back yard and diligently wash and maintain it. My friends would be so jealous. Both the Russians and Ukrainians don't know how lucky they are.

Heavy bastards if not self propelled so you really need a full team but a black powder cannon on wheels might be a fun home project. Maybe join a re-enactment group if you're keen.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Bellingcat's performance has been so bad thus far I'm tempted to ask if they're actually taking Chinese or Russian money rather than USA.

They act as a cutout for UK intelligence. It's an island that can barely keep a government in office, their psyops aren't going to always be 100%.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

They act as a cutout for UK intelligence. It's an island that can barely keep a government in office, their psyops aren't going to always be 100%.

Their best have already left for greener (warmer) pastures, that is true.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Morbus posted:

Eh...again, at minimum, seems like they need to at least hold what they've "annexed" for it to be politically tenable at home.

Besides that, though, how firm and how enforceable will any negotiated concessions be unless Russia is able to credibly threaten further territorial gains?

Eh. I honestly don’t think the public cares that much beyond Crimea. I would assume any deal would have some type of terms about arms limitations, and some type of mechanism of enforcement from the Russian side.

This is at least the minimum the Russians would find acceptable.

This whole thing has been damage control from Euromadian.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 07:00 on Nov 20, 2022

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of "what Russia wants or would be happy with" is nothing but cope from the Euro rulers and their followers. Which is fine.

The problem comes from the disconnect between their edicts and their ability to enforce them or otherwise manifest them into reality.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
what's to stop Russia from demanding Ukraine GTFO of Kherson or they'll keep loving up their power infrastructure? or Odessa for that matter

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

what's to stop Russia from demanding Ukraine GTFO of Kherson or they'll keep loving up their power infrastructure? or Odessa for that matter

The fact they ran out of missiles 6 months ago, obviously.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Also the fact that they can’t retake those territories even if they wipe out ukranian infrastructure because they are both completely disinterested in taking the casualties it would require and also too incompetent to pull it off. retaking Kherson and even making it to Nikolaev is pretty much completely out of Russias ability at this point.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Al-Saqr posted:

Also the fact that they can’t retake those territories even if they wipe out ukranian infrastructure because they are both completely disinterested in taking the casualties it would require and also too incompetent to pull it off. retaking Kherson and even making it to Nikolaev is pretty much completely out of Russias ability at this point.

who knows what will seem possible or not possible a year from now. What Russia's capabilities are in this instance depends on both their resources and Ukraine's.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

for all their jawing in africa, it's funny that france and russia are both on the same side in the civil war in libya

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJLlGmXKvyo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Russia must begin Dered'ditfication ASAP

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Starsfan posted:

who knows what will seem possible or not possible a year from now. What Russia's capabilities are in this instance depends on both their resources and Ukraine's.

Can't imagine the war keeping up the way that it has if a bunch of fancy lads from Moscow and St. Petersburg start coming back in zinc coffins.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

they can take it if ukraine leaves as a part of an agreement for russia to stop loving the energy grid. how long they can hold it if fighting started back up is another matter, but by then, russia's mobilization should have finished.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lenin and darth vader are the same person

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DancingShade posted:

he’s going to come back to the forums full time. they’ll make him mod of cspam.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

he’s going to come back to the forums full time. they’ll make him mod of cspam.

We would call that "remedial training".

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Hmmmm so.eone with a bunch of English titles talking about their time in Central Africa :thunk:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/Tr0llyTr0llFace/status/1594049374916870144

the turn from a non-crypto guy to a nafo is wild

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Taking political points from @trollymctrollface seems wise

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Can't imagine the war keeping up the way that it has if a bunch of fancy lads from Moscow and St. Petersburg start coming back in zinc coffins.

The fancy lads seem to be mostly opposed to the war anyway, and the nationalists see them as traitors and compradors.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1593997906691907584

"Polish patriot", huh? wonder what else Jozef Pilsudski stood for

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I see someone is mad that Germany lost WWI.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

іній posted:

In the Belgorod region, the Moksha has already amassed thousands of heavily armored orcs in units with combat experience - and we're still jerking off poor Shchebekino.

Remember this tweet - we will not be allowed to jump in the Zaporizhzhya direction, and the main jam of the winter campaign is the battle for Kharkiv.
(from t.me/ice_inii/880, via tgsa)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

They have orcs now?? Any photos?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009