Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the Home app said in unambiguous terms there was a banwave for "altered data" but as best as anybody can figure out they actually meant weird url spammers and particularly egregious hacks. and I still havent heard of somebody getting banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

wizard2 posted:

the Home app said in unambiguous terms there was a banwave for "altered data" but as best as anybody can figure out they actually meant weird url spammers and particularly egregious hacks. and I still havent heard of somebody getting banned

Yeah that scared the poo poo out me so I mass deleted all the shiny url wonder trash I had. Really they were kinda useless as I could no longer use them to get the rare exchanges I wanted and a lot of them were just hideous. So far as I can tell they haven't noticed poo poo and I have access to everything so it's fine?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Is there some way to open the map in SV without having to open some other menu (ie the pokedex) first?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
-attempt to join random tera raid
-game tells me i'll be temporarily banned if i disconnect in the middle from poor internet
-join anyways
-game crashes when starting the raid
-still banned

okay but you understand that's not my fault, right gamefreak? you get that, right?

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

And another thing - in Brilliant Diamond I would box my entire party after every gym to make the game more difficult.

However, here because of the weird tristory system and the fact the game keeps throwing strong and varied pokemon at you this doesn't seem like that's a good method.

Anyone else has their own methods for increasing difficulty?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

-attempt to join random tera raid
-game tells me i'll be temporarily banned if i disconnect in the middle from poor internet
-join anyways
-game crashes when starting the raid
-still banned

okay but you understand that's not my fault, right gamefreak? you get that, right?

Gamefreak hates all of us lovely connection having westerners with the power of a thousand burning suns.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

kiminewt posted:

And another thing - in Brilliant Diamond I would box my entire party after every gym to make the game more difficult.

However, here because of the weird tristory system and the fact the game keeps throwing strong and varied pokemon at you this doesn't seem like that's a good method.

Anyone else has their own methods for increasing difficulty?

This has been a surprisingly difficult trek for me. Not quite on Legends par but it's up there. Mela was a loving slaughter machine I spammed my way through. It's also slowly begun to dawn on me that team Star is actually stronger than the gym leaders so that's pretty wild. Also Clavell is becoming one of my favorite characters and I did not see that coming. I thought he was going to be the secret villain or something but it turns out he's literally the embodiment of of "How do you do fellow kids!". He's a massive nerd and it's kind of adorable.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

PittTheElder posted:

Is there some way to open the map in SV without having to open some other menu (ie the pokedex) first?

Y

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I literally cannot decide between Sprigatito and Fuecoco. I dislike Sprig stage one but their evo’s are very good whereas Fuecoco is perfect throughout. Problem is I like ghost Pokémon and wanna catch the new ones but knowing Fuecoco eventually goes ghost is turning me off it. Also I have always picked grass up to this point. I have a serious brain problem. Someone help me. This is a game for babies.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

I literally cannot decide between Sprigatito and Fuecoco. I dislike Sprig stage one but their evo’s are very good whereas Fuecoco is perfect throughout. Problem is I like ghost Pokémon and wanna catch the new ones but knowing Fuecoco eventually goes ghost is turning me off it. Also I have always picked grass up to this point. I have a serious brain problem. Someone help me. This is a game for babies.

They got you young just like the rest of us. Just accept you're in the brain rot pit but you're in good company. Also you can just ask somebody for an egg and do both, it's working splendidly on my end.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Thank you so much! Team dog is saved! Only one may stand

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
desperately wishing that there was some kind of indicator for which hairstyles you're allowed to wear hats with.

long bob: hat okay
medium curl: go gently caress yourself, no hat for you

these are nearly identical, what metric are you using to decide, game???

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I skipped the first gym and did the second and third, then the Titan quests, then I think the seventh gym. The gym leaders I've seen so far are well-written interesting characters. It was great to see the cynical overconfident gym leader get taken down a peg by my electric hamster.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know where you can find the special Aqua/Blaze Tauroses? All the info I can find doesn't differentiate between it and the pure fighting type version

Edit: Asking about it was all I needed to do to get one to show up.

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Nov 20, 2022

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
I was not prepared for what wooper evolved into, lol

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Really getting the feeling here the devs wanted to set this game in Mexico or Central America more broadly but we’re told it wasn’t white enough.

This has been my unfortunate theory for a while now. It’s a shame because India would without a doubt be the perfect setting for a Pokémon game. It’s a country that actually does have jungle, deserts, and snowy mountains! No need to place a desert in Wales!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's kind of dumb to make an open world where you can go wherever and then make misbehaving pokemon count for stuff you personally captured too. "What's that? You fought against an increased catch rate and whittled down a dude that was basically a boss fight for your dudes? Well I hope you weren't planning on using it to take on the bigger challenges around here. You want to take on this gym? The local titan/star base? Get stuffed and go back to these early gyms. And explicitly gyms. Doing all these other routes of advancement doesn’t count"

Baller Ina posted:

I was not prepared for what wooper evolved into, lol

It's so adorable when it roars in victory.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Calico Heart posted:

Really getting the feeling here the devs wanted to set this game in Mexico or Central America more broadly but we’re told it wasn’t white enough.

This has been my unfortunate theory for a while now. It’s a shame because India would without a doubt be the perfect setting for a Pokémon game. It’s a country that actually does have jungle, deserts, and snowy mountains! No need to place a desert in Wales!

The box dude for scarlet definitely had a mesoamerican vibe to it and I was very confused when I booted the game and found myself in not Europe again instead.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone know where you can find the special Aqua/Blaze Tauroses? All the info I can find doesn't differentiate between it and the pure fighting type version

Edit: Asking about it was all I needed to do to get one to show up.

They might just spawn randomly with the rest of the herd in the areas they spawn, I found a blaze one in with 5 regular tauros over near the port market on the western side of the map

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I got nearly whipped by a random trainer who for some reason had three pokemon who were all twice the level of all the other trainers in the zone. I think his speech bubble had a black background too?

More of these, please.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Those are area aces, the 'bosses' of each route (or what counts as one)
They used to give big prizes for beating them but dunno if they still do or not. They were in Sun/Moon

Also I love getting popups about outbreaks of new mons and not being able to find them. What the gently caress is a Gabbadadook game!! Same with these cute white hello kitty rear end mice that showed up on my minimap but weren't actually there.

Also, also, shout out to a trainer saying "I refuse to accept defeat" then crashing my game making me do a team star base run all over again :argh:. I genuinely think this is probably the best pokemon game since B/W, or rather it would be if it just wasn't for all the technical bugs and poo poo programming. I'm loving everything I'm doing and I actually like the characters outside my player one but god it's just so jank and unfinished/polished.

Like I don't get people who like any of the losers in Sword/Shield. Marnie had like 2 lines the whole game and some gym leaders were literally copy pasted dialogue wise (or in the ghost boys case only had one line). Here I actually like Arvel and his plotline and your rival doesn't annoy the hell out of me. Letting the gym leaders/E4 just kinda chill and talk to you adds a lot and even Team Stars whole thing seems interesting at a glance. It's such a improvement.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Calico Heart posted:

Hop into the discord and plenty of us can hook you up with starters

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Classes are nice ways to sneak in game mechanics stuff, but it’s also cool because after each class you can talk to the teacher and get some small character development. Digging it so far.

Also Clavill is already one of my favorite characters in the series. Guy just pops up everywhere.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Nemona's Theme is too catchy. Holy poo poo this game is fantastic so far. I've been lucky it seems to not have run into any weird bugs.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Took a few goes but I am content with my look. If they ever sell clothing options as DLC they will pick my pocket so easily.

It just occurred to me that naming my Tandemaus 'Nadja&Laszlo' is gonna seem odd if they spawn children.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

kiminewt posted:

Why do people turn off autosave? In case they fail to catch something and want to go back to a save?

Anyway I finished the first gym and then tried going to the sixth cuz gently caress it. Turn out I can't! Open world my rear end.

Anyway, it seems that the open path is kind of a lie and I'm supposed to just do all the poo poo in order. I wanted to first do all the gyms but then the rest of the stuff will be way too easy and thus boring?

I did all the Titans first after the first gym, and climb/glide all over the world unlocking all the flight paths. owns

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Carlosologist posted:

You can run from trainer battles now if you want to try again later at the cost of losing some money

Dishonorable

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

oh my god, the part where you need to find Sunflora and you’ve eventually got a bunch following you. I thought my Switch was going to explode.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Holy poo poo, barely start the game and I manage to first get the camera out of bounds looking at the painting near your Mom's room and then I COMPLETELY broke the camera by going near the TV at the back of the lounge room and the camera refusing to pull away from that zone. Thank gently caress I saved before going downstairs.

What the gently caress have GameFreak been doing these past few years to gently caress up this fundamentally? Sw/Sh weren't even this bad, and they should've had those as solid foundations to build atop. Especially after Crown Tundra. How do you regress to the point of making your flagship title look like a beginner's first Unity project :psyduck:.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Game Freak are my friends and they are going to patch the game on Tuesday

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What the gently caress have GameFreak been doing these past few years to gently caress up this fundamentally? Sw/Sh weren't even this bad, and they should've had those as solid foundations to build atop. Especially after Crown Tundra. How do you regress to the point of making your flagship title look like a beginner's first Unity project :psyduck:.

My guess would be something to do with putting Arceus and ScarVio out in the same year and not being able to delay the game due to other Pokemon Company commitment tie ins, cards, anime, merch, what have you

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

What are our spoiler rules now that the actual games are out? I don't know how this works.

Are actual eevees in the game or just the evolutions? I've found a couple wild evolved ones and it seems like they hid one level 50 of each terastalized around the map? Found 3 so far.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BrainDance posted:

What are our spoiler rules now that the actual games are out? I don't know how this works.

Are actual eevees in the game or just the evolutions? I've found a couple wild evolved ones and it seems like they hid one level 50 of each terastalized around the map? Found 3 so far.

They're in the game. I found one in the bug gym starting area yesterday.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do eggs work anyway? I forget picnic is even a thing and the couple times I did the basket was always empty.

Like without a ditto I haven't really been thinking about it but I *would* like to get the other starters for my dex at some point

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How do eggs work anyway? I forget picnic is even a thing and the couple times I did the basket was always empty.

Like without a ditto I haven't really been thinking about it but I *would* like to get the other starters for my dex at some point

Same as always, eggs will be from any valid pairing in your team so its best to just have 2 on you. Egg power sandwiches help a lot

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

HopperUK posted:

Took a few goes but I am content with my look. If they ever sell clothing options as DLC they will pick my pocket so easily.

It just occurred to me that naming my Tandemaus 'Nadja&Laszlo' is gonna seem odd if they spawn children.

They could just be puppets I guess?

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just in case it’s not clear, you need to hang around the picnic for a while waiting for the egg(s) to spawn - it won’t be there straight away.
I think the ‘egg level’ sandwiches decreases the time you need to wait.

I made a picnic with egg power, did some playing with the ball, washed my cat, and found two sprigatito eggs - so it doesn’t take long. I also thought they’d take longer to hatch, it wasn’t long at all riding my bike around a town before they hatched.

Now I just need to figure out how to trade these sprigatitos for other starters, I guess I need to arrange an online trade because I can’t find any kind of request trade in the game.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The eggs stack in the basket too, the most I’ve collected in one shot is 10 so far after leaving it idle while watching tv.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Purple Doggy :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mesadoram posted:

Purple Doggy :unsmith:

A paralyzed Mabosstiff, very lore appropriate