Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Cpt_Obvious posted:

2 x 18k healing makes rein an unstoppable machine.

What map was it?

Esperanca push map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I somehow have become much worse at the game this week and can’t blame the patch since it started before that.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Rick posted:

I somehow have become much worse at the game this week and can’t blame the patch since it started before that.

Your big ol' balls weighing you down my g

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
still going from b5 to b5 as supp :unsmith:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Today went better. Pushed all the way from just 3 DPS wins all season, to it came down to either one more win or one more loss to get my Bronze 5 rank and I'll let you imagine which one I got.

Rebus posted:

Your big ol' balls weighing you down my g

lmao

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rick posted:

Today went better. Pushed all the way from just 3 DPS wins all season, to it came down to either one more win or one more loss to get my Bronze 5 rank and I'll let you imagine which one I got.

lmao

We should jam somtime

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

verbal enema posted:

We should jam somtime

Definitely, let's do it.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Sombra's hack seems pointless, from the changes of it not always locking out all abilities and now it hardly lasts.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

The Wallhack and +25% damage bonus for you still are good. Just not as OP as before.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Altared State posted:

Sombra's hack seems pointless, from the changes of it not always locking out all abilities and now it hardly lasts.

It guarantees you an ability to kill Moira/Reaper/Mei/Kiriko/Etc provided you can aim.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

It guarantees you an ability to kill Moira/Reaper/Mei/Kiriko/Etc provided you can aim.

big if

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yes, of course. As a Support main I'm fully aware that 9 out of 10 DPS players couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, but that's the idea behind Sobra's hack at least.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Well that is the fate of us support mains.
"Pharah is so OP" say my M'cassidy and Soldier, while getting owned.
I go to Ana and tap her until she switches.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Issaries posted:

Well that is the fate of us support mains.
"Pharah is so OP" say my M'cassidy and Soldier, while getting owned.

"no heals" they scream, as I engage in a running battle against said Pharah

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Issaries posted:

That's just a mother telling her daughter she is grounded.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Tracer doesn't have any weapon falloff <20m (it's supposed to be <13m), lmao.
She's probably gonna get removed from the game for two weeks as well.

According to a blizzard comment she’s been like this since the Halloween patch and nobody’s noticed lol

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

According to a blizzard comment she’s been like this since the Halloween patch and nobody’s noticed lol

"We knew it was bugged, but we were hoping you wouldn't notice." :shobon:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Father Wendigo posted:

"We knew it was bugged, but we were hoping you wouldn't notice." :shobon:

Like a scream test but for balance. Break something and see who screams. If no-one does, cool.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

BrianBoitano posted:

Definitely felt like my actions matter as Dr. "secretly a DPS" Sigma. That "control the map" video was excellent, too, thank you Mister Fister!

I'm glad people are finding value in the videos i post.

Here's another from Natter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12GOPyKREKk

Goes over different playstyles, more about map and point control, etc.

It might be a little hard to figure out what's valuable and what isn't for ladder climbers, because a lot of this is organized/pro OWL focused, which isn't as relevant to us randos on the ladder. For example, he talks about how reaper and winston should be playing together, and when they're playing corners against a mirror winston/reaper matchup, BOTH winston and reaper have to round the corner at the same time, otherwise only one of the heroes will soak up all the damage, and you won't have 2 characters focus firing the enemy team. Obviously not very applicable to ladder (unless you're playing with a duo) as it's hard to get randos to do things with you together. But there's still a lot of good advice. One is trying to force cooldown advantages and also knowing the important cooldowns to look out for before you pounce on the enemy. This is something i need to work on.

BTW, the 3 creators everyone should follow are:

[video type="youtube"]@StormcrowProductions[/video]

[video type="youtube"]@NatterOW[/video]

[video type="youtube"]@temporal7453[/video]

They're widely regarded as the best content creators for getting better at OW as they're coaches with a deep understanding of the game. These guys are also not exactly the most popular youtube creators. It's interesting, when i was getting into health and fitness, i was watching a lot of fitness content from the most popular youtubers, and i came to find out they were peddling lots of bullshit. I found more niche youtube creators (for example, one who is a bodybuilder/powerlifter, but also has a PhD in a health science and does randomized control studies on lifting/nutrition), who actually tell you what you need to hear (but not necessarily what you want to hear) to actually get results. He's nowhere near as popular as the fitness youtubers with millions of viewers, but peddle 'quick fix' bullshit. For example, i think it was A10 or Spilo who said you basically have to do VOD reviews to get better and overcome plateaus (i don't do this, sadly i'm too busy and vod reviews make overwatch seem like a job, but i've accepted that i will improve more slowly without VOD reviews). Kinda the same thing here where youroverwatch/stylosa and other creators soak up more of the views, but what they have to say isn't as useful.

A10 is not a coach, but he also has a great understanding of the game (he just doesn't go into nuance as much as the other people).

[video type="youtube"]@A10Nerd[/video]

edit: lol, SA forums converting my links into video links, here's a pastbin of the links:

https://pastebin.com/tUqqEUN5

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 20, 2022

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
re: Luciochat/support fragging chat, I find that simply putting a few extra shots at whatever target your DPS is shooting at to be hugely useful even if it's at long range. A lot of folks have a sense of when they're in danger from being picked and get to cover, and even 40 damage or so from two Lucio projectiles can mess up that calculation

of course swooping in and confirming kills is A++++ as well

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Was stuck at plat2 for three consecutive placements thought the system was busted and keeping me stuck so I went through my games history and let me tell yah, confirmation bias is real.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

this game was a lot more fun before everyone found out about tracer's falloff bug and mei was deleted. Every game is pure torture now

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Pattonesque posted:

re: Luciochat/support fragging chat, I find that simply putting a few extra shots at whatever target your DPS is shooting at to be hugely useful even if it's at long range. A lot of folks have a sense of when they're in danger from being picked and get to cover, and even 40 damage or so from two Lucio projectiles can mess up that calculation

of course swooping in and confirming kills is A++++ as well

I hit 4400 as Lucio in OW1 and I used to die every single fight by charging the backline and trying to 1v1 everyone, every single fight, forever.

Never stop never stopping. If you don't win your duels you'll just drop until you can, then you can slowly get better until you can win all your duels.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I discovered The Horse. The Horse does not die and is very angry. I wouldn't be surprised if there are hard counters to her but I'm just stomping around in unranked and it is glorious. She's so aggressive and her capacity to delete one 200 hp target almost no matter what is p big. Idk how to play her decently on defense but if Im on offense, am tanking, and something needs breaching I bring out The Horse and sow death and chaos.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mindblast posted:

I discovered The Horse. The Horse does not die and is very angry. I wouldn't be surprised if there are hard counters to her but I'm just stomping around in unranked and it is glorious. She's so aggressive and her capacity to delete one 200 hp target almost no matter what is p big. Idk how to play her decently on defense but if Im on offense, am tanking, and something needs breaching I bring out The Horse and sow death and chaos.

The Horse walks forward.
Menacingly.
The Horse does not stop.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Some memes:

Also for horny aficionados:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

dogstile posted:

I hit 4400 as Lucio in OW1 and I used to die every single fight by charging the backline and trying to 1v1 everyone, every single fight, forever.

Never stop never stopping. If you don't win your duels you'll just drop until you can, then you can slowly get better until you can win all your duels.

this feels like the true dharma. I'm climbing my way back to diamond support like I was in OW1 but as Lucio instead of Ana, and I started going up once I went aggro

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mindblast posted:

I just realized the joy of playing her on illeos well last night

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Orissa and Moira ftw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Issaries posted:

Also for horny aficionados:

I would spend money on a battle pass if this was in it as a skin

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Even as bad of a player as I am Tracer with no fall off is almost playable. I'd upgrade that to playable if I could figure out how to stop getting one shot by everything. This is rougher than hacked Zen life.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I would spend money on a battle pass if this was in it as a skin

Same here.

But I loving love my Reaper pink skin.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It’s wild to me that they can’t fix tracer until season 2 lol

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I swear Genji is also broken right now. His cone has felt much tighter since the patch

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

leftist heap posted:

It’s wild to me that they can’t fix tracer until season 2 lol

Can't and won't are two different things

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I love that people are just now grocking to how hilariously broken Orisa is, because it was obfuscated some by how over tuned Zarya had been.

The Javelin is the stupidest ability in the game. Don't have to aim it, and it'll actually cancel abilities, such as Reinhardt ult. I can't believe there exists an ability that makes me side with Reinhardt Ult.

EDIT
Also JQ ult, too, because WHY NOT. Absolute nonsense. HORRIBLE character.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 22, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
finally got my sup rank fixed and its b1 and im 100% with that

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I really don't think she's broken; if anything, Orisa is mostly fine. She has zero mobility and is entirely reliant on her cooldowns (particularly Fortify) to not get melted instantly due to her gigantic head hotbox. And, as many noted, her ult is fairly middling as far as tanks go.

She's my favorite hero in the game though; javelin is incredible and she's a rush to play, but I also think she's pretty easy to shut down because she doesn't do a ton to directly defend her backline.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

People were bitching about Orisa being overpowered since Beta where she was the literal worst character with 40% winrate and she only got minor buffs since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I love that people are just now grocking to how hilariously broken Orisa is, because it was obfuscated some by how over tuned Zarya had been.

The Javelin is the stupidest ability in the game. Don't have to aim it, and it'll actually cancel abilities, such as Reinhardt ult. I can't believe there exists an ability that makes me side with Reinhardt Ult.

EDIT
Also JQ ult, too, because WHY NOT. Absolute nonsense. HORRIBLE character.

Honoring your username admirably. :hmmyes:

Orisa good.