Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was kind of hoping that Suletta could tell that that wasn't really Elan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

So Shaddiq is disappointed Miorine is becoming less of an rear end in a top hat, huh.

I suspect he sees her as a worthy business rival and is disappointed she may be losing her edge.

Cirina posted:

Suletta is definitely not twenty five years old though.

Plot twist: Mercury home-schooling is not particularly good so she just had to repeat 8 years. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 20, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Plot twist: Mercury home-schooling is not particularly good so she just had to repeat 8 years. :v:

Repeating a year in school does not mean you do not age.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

That's what they want you to think.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

So Shaddiq is disappointed Miorine is becoming less of an rear end in a top hat, huh.

He's disappointed that she's going to get crushed in their (attempted) coup just as she's becoming a nicer person. He knew that his dad had a major play lined up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something of note is Nika's up to something with Shaddiq that we're not privvy to. Reckon Nika gave him a peek at Aerial's specs affer working on her?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are we sure that Mercury wasn't colonized by Canadians and that's why Suletta can't stop apologizing.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Arc Hammer posted:

Huh so we go from "that Gundam is an abomination!" to "well now we have two of them and I guess the chairman's daughter is our new boss" in pretty short order.

I'm guessing that Peil was willing to swallow the costs of losing their current Pharact project if it meant burying Shin Sei along with them and Jeturk was going to help them recoup the loss in exchange for taking down a rival that has been blackmailing Jeturk.

And now they're going to have to work together. Or this corporate war brewing is gonna be very messy.

I also got a laugh out of the constantly rising platforms as the tension rose. Peil is run by a bunch of drama queens who like visual spectacle.

The thing is they're dealing with the incongruity of "Gundams are not allowed because they kill the pilots" and "Suletta keeps piloting Aerial with no ill affects."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The joke in the post you quoted is that she is actually 25 but still in high school because she repeated years, not that she is not 25.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still have no idea where this show is going because every new episode feels like a jumping off point for it's own tangent and there still doesn't seem to be a clear narrative goal in mind beyond Suletta "wants to have a high school experience" and Miorine's nebulous "get your rear end to Mars Earth" plan. Tons of backroom dealings and mysterious half talks that let the audience know something is up but not the whole thing to see where it will end up.

Still in the setup phase.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

While it was a good episode, it suffered from a serious lack of Guel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coxswain Balls posted:

I will accept the next episode being a "camping with Guel" spinoff where everyone keeps trying to talk to him about all the important stuff that's been happening and he keeps ignoring them while plotting ways to steal Miorine's tomatoes and Earth House's goat so he can survive the space colony's long winter.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Ethiser posted:

He gave her exactly what she wanted, there's no way she's savvy enough to see past it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Have they released a media pack of sounds and wallpapers for the phone OS they're using in the show? I really like the notification chimes and want to try them out.

Arc Hammer posted:

I will accept the next episode being a "camping with Guel" spinoff where everyone keeps trying to talk to him about all the important stuff that's been happening and he keeps ignoring them while plotting ways to steal Miorine's tomatoes and Earth House's goat so he can survive the space colony's long winter.

He's definitely going to be part of Miorine's new house, if only to have an actual house with a roof over his head. I wonder if Earth House is also going to join in or if they prefer being independent.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh God there's gonna be a Gundam House

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arc Hammer posted:

I still have no idea where this show is going because every new episode feels like a jumping off point for it's own tangent and there still doesn't seem to be a clear narrative goal in mind beyond Suletta "wants to have a high school experience" and Miorine's nebulous "get your rear end to Mars Earth" plan. Tons of backroom dealings and mysterious half talks that let the audience know something is up but not the whole thing to see where it will end up.

The nature of the show is corporate politics power-playing against eachother getting utterly table-flipped by a red-headed teenager from Mercury and her fiance, typically by accident.

One thing I really like with this show is Prospera's scheming. It's clear she has an (assumed) end-goal of making GUND format tech available to everyone safely, and the start point was letting her daughter run free with a Gundam in the school to see what happens and adjust accordingly rather than "Muahaha, Stage 5 of My Plan is just as I 5D-Chess-Planned! :smuggo:".

A corporation dedicated to working on GUND-ARM safely, with Delling's blessing and funding as well as absorbing Pell's GUND research? loving marvelous and probably better than she ever dreamed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thinking about it now

Lifrith Thorne and Ur could be the first prototypes of the new Gund-Arm Inc.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Gundam G-Witch: I watch it for the economics?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I completely believe that startup culture and venture capital is just a stupid in the real world.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Coxswain Balls posted:

Meanwhile:
https://twitter.com/ryuichizzz/status/1593796762543611905?s=20&t=4E5poa9447O9CXCDi69PQQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coxswain Balls posted:

I completely believe that startup culture and venture capital is just a stupid in the real world.

I've heard dumber ideas written out on chicken scratch and these are the kind of morons with billions burning holes in their wallets who would absolutely finance something like this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Coxswain Balls posted:

Stadia

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/raihanh98/status/1594295132584828928?s=46&t=T2KxTq8Ao-euype6I3de_g

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ethiser posted:

They're clearly saving that for a big plot turn at a later moment, this week the big jaw-dropping spectacle was 100% in MioMio's court.

Coxswain Balls posted:

It absolutely loving is.

Natural 20 posted:

The thing is they're dealing with the incongruity of "Gundams are not allowed because they kill the pilots" and "Suletta keeps piloting Aerial with no ill affects."

And importantly, the show is demonstrating how completely hollow that whole justification is. Delling in episode 0 was completely full of poo poo, his justification was utter garbage, and we are clearly seeing that the reasoning behind the Cathedra treaty only matters for these rich fuckers when it's convenient.

It was pretty transparent to me the idea was to do an entrapment on Suletta by taking advantage of her naïveté to destroy the Aerial, and then presumably immediately beat her in a new Holder duel before presumably assassinating Delling and taking over the Benerit group. That is almost certainly why they dragged Prospera out of the room to keep her from getting involved. Unfortunately for them, the old rich fuckers clearly have no respect for the younger generation, even though Miomio stepped in at the last witch trial they completely dismissed her as being able to do anything... Not only did she do a hell of a job bailing out Suletta, she did it in a way that paid lip service to the reason they banned gundams (that "sanctity of human life" thing they don't actually care about, RIP Elan 4) and in a way that touches on what they really care about (money). If Gundam house ever gets a battleship I am 100% behind Captain Miorine.

Also, this episode does a good job furthering the story stuff related to both Lady Prospera being sinister and the weird timeline hiccup. It's too soon to say for sure that Suletta isn't Ericht, but that's now two episodes in a row suggesting an age discrepancy with this one explicitly clarifying that yes, the events from 21 years ago that were mentioned in passing last time were the events of the prologue, cutting off that wiggle room. I know a lot of people are pushing forward the idea of some kind of cryo stasis, but I'm not sure. If it was a one time in passing then yeah, maybe it was some minor side story thing that isn't important, but in this episode not only did they double down on it but it's just about the first thing Prospera says when she is alone with Miorine. Given Prospera is this show's vaguely sinister mask wearing person with an uncertain but probably dubious agenda the audience is keyed to pay close attention to what she says, doubly so because it's right after she sends Suletta away and lets her mask slip a little, so to speak. It just feels like "they were just in cryosleep" would be a huge letdown for that mystery given they have now twice focused in on it as a thing related to do with the most obfuscated character in the show so far. Even if that's the answer I'm inclined to think there must be something more to it than that... Also a little thing I liked was that when Prospera was aggressively shaking Miorine's hand it was with her prosthetic arm. They zoom in on it right as she starts being real, which is an interesting touch.

My last little thought on the episode is that Miorine's final bit there feels a lot like something from IBO. It wasn't as dramatic, but it had a similar feeling to Kudelia shaking Mika's hands after Dort. Actually, now that I think about it Miomio does seem to have some DNA in common with Kudelia and that is absolutely a good thing.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's like they're trolling us now and next episode Prospera will turn to the camera and say cryosleep isn't real.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh God there's gonna be a Gundam House

Miorine: Cheese it!

Delling: Gundam House!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Delling's warning to Miorine about the "curse of Gundam" makes me think there's something substantial behind his Gundam hate. Maybe the Vanadis Incident wasn't (just) a Spacenoid power play: it was Delling using the most extreme possible means to suppress a technology he sincerely thought was dangerous. Obviously he still has blood on his hands, but money and power might not be the reason why.

e: the warning in question:

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 20, 2022

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Honestly, investing in his daughter's company seemed like the first semi-nice thing he's done, given his apparently personal antagonism towards GUND tech (heavily hinted to have had something to do with his wife's death) and how easily he could have left her twisting in the wind to further demonstrate her powerlessness.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Coxswain Balls posted:

still plenty of Jeturk Co. Getting Owned though so im happy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Papa Jeturk is such a putz.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLJxw85To8&t=50s

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Darth Walrus posted:

Honestly, investing in his daughter's company seemed like the first semi-nice thing he's done, given his apparently personal antagonism towards GUND tech (heavily hinted to have had something to do with his wife's death) and how easily he could have left her twisting in the wind to further demonstrate her powerlessness.

I suspect Delling is assuming she's just acting out and eventually she'll come crawling back to him and accept father knows best.

I don't doubt he has some degree of love for her, but I also suspect the man who is the manifest embodiment of paternalism doesn't really respect Miorine or her feelings.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Arc Hammer posted:

Ultimately, it seems to be sticking pretty hard to one of Tomino's classic Gundam themes ("adults are the enemy") combined with a coming-of-age revolving around the kids finding their own identities and learning to stand on their own without the adults' help. Except for the Earth House kids, basically everyone in the school seems to be deeply entwined in the heartless schemes of their merciless parents, many of whom treat their kids like tools and deny them basically any agency at all.

This episode was a particularly strong step toward that. Not only are we seeing Miorine shift from childishly running away to seeking to truly stand on her own, but Suletta's finally getting a glimpse of her mom not being as nice as she pretends to be.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
No Chuchu, no Guel, no Guel lackey gremlin girls, no smug couch girl. Honestly what was even the point of the episode?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

this ep was v good character wise, tho i was a lil sad there was no guel or sweet robot fight this week :v:

imo im a tad cold on miorine but this ep really seemed like a turning point for her, im rooting for Large Gunplas Inc

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ammat The Ankh posted:

No Chuchu, no Guel, no Guel lackey gremlin girls, no smug couch girl. Honestly what was even the point of the episode?

Well Chuchu would have hated every second of being there so it makes sense she was not invited.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ammat The Ankh posted:

INCREASINGLY TALL PLATFORMS OF JUDGEMENT.

I'll cop that it is definitely going for Adults Are the Enemy, possibly the hardest it's gone in a while, actually. There hasn't been one adult yet who hasn't been complicit at best and an absolute opportunistic bastard at worst. It honestly won't matter if Delling is the final boss if the rest of the players are just as nasty corporate rats.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

GimmickMan posted:

What I'm low key most impressed by about G-Witch is not just that it's consistently good in terms of plot, characterization, animation, etc. but also that it includes at least one OUTRAGEOUSLY MEMETIC bit every episode, seemingly as if to just to help guarantee that it will stay viral. This isn't a condemnation of the practice, since I don't even think it is done purposefully, but more to point out that it's written by people who are clearly having fun and will not let themselves be restrained.

Motherfucking fund my 240 thousand million dollar kickstarter based on these scribbles I thought of just now. Goddamn, it Miorine. :allears:

Believe it or not that's how tech VC works in real life too.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well Chuchu would have hated every second of being there so it makes sense she was not invited.

Chuchu would've started throwing fists two minutes after arriving. I still think she should've come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Chuchu should have come because that would rule, but even if she had been invited I doubt she'd go