Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just like crypto this guy will mysteriously disappear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Grimson posted:

crypto dot com pulled out of a 5 year deal with UEFA earlier this year

They've still got ads showing on the boards. Or did Qatar just not bother to update those?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

JohnCompany posted:

They've still got ads showing on the boards. Or did Qatar just not bother to update those?

UEFA =/= FIFA

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

FWIW the one World Cup I went to was in Recife, Brazil and the stadium was way outside town and didn't have jack for public transit going its way

they had whole fleets of buses from multiple places in town doing drop offs and pick ups? Only issue I remember was having to wait around half an hour in the pouring rain for a coach back after the Ivory Coast-Japan game. I've queued for longer than that to get back on the Tube at Wembley though.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

biglads posted:

UEFA =/= FIFA

Misread, thx

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

Pipski posted:

they had whole fleets of buses from multiple places in town doing drop offs and pick ups? Only issue I remember was having to wait around half an hour in the pouring rain for a coach back after the Ivory Coast-Japan game. I've queued for longer than that to get back on the Tube at Wembley though.

Same But in Belo Horizonte, tons of buses coming in and out of the stadium very organized plenty of beer AND water.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
They had promised all sorts of subway systems in Brazil and obviously never delivered. But most venues in Brazil were used to getting big crowd games so the alternative wasn't so bad.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Did he just forget that the final group stage matches are played simultaneously?

shirts and skins posted:

[USA begins sweating profusely]

:hmmyes:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Skippy McPants posted:

So I guess the World Cup is just streaming live on Twitter?

Cool. Who needs content moderation. What's anyone gonna about it, sue?

Twitter's copyright policing went kaboom like yesterday, someone posted the entirely of the movie Hackers in 2:10 chunks. :laugh:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Moktaro posted:

Did he just forget that the final group stage matches are played simultaneously?

he's going to do the thing where he is in one stadium for the first 30 seconds of a game and then leaves to travel and catch the last portion of the other game

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Moktaro posted:

He'll probably be at the kickoff of one and immediately try to make it to the second. The two furthest stadiums are like a 40 minute drive apart, traffic permitting of course.

EDIT: drat you

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
it would be really funny to spend 14 years and 200b on building all the stadiums and an attempt at a vaguely competitive squad only for all your home fans to leave at half-time, if it didn't have a bodycount associated with it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

it's an animated jizz rag

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Moktaro posted:

The venues are so close together that if they're arranging him like a personal helicopter transport it's feasible to move from one to the other while the matches are in progress. Not sensible but if they're committed to it, it's possible.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Arivia posted:

it's an animated jizz rag

Cum cape

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1594387226011766787

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Looks like a salt shaker

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1594391715867131905?s=20&t=yVfwlC8jcF4NZqebKbuBdA

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1594390187408490497?s=20&t=yVfwlC8jcF4NZqebKbuBdA

sad question
May 30, 2020

Cue them still arresting people for having this flag

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah this is gonna be the most pathetic thing about qatars matches
Local qatari spectators wont even stick around for their own team.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Not gonna lie this World Cup is off to a really bad wet fart what a miserable opening ceremony and crowd

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Imagine having the choice of Australia, Japan, South Korea & the USA & being like, "No actually, we'll go with Qatar instead" & being STUNNED when it turns out lovely.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

dsriggs posted:

Imagine having the choice of Australia, Japan, South Korea & the USA & being like, "No actually, we'll go with Qatar instead" & being STUNNED when it turns out lovely.

Nothing wrong with trying new things

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

considering ecuador had maybe 5,000 fans in the stadium today (and the us and mexico are going home immediately), they better break out the fake crowd noise from the pandemic era

owned as all hell

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

dsriggs posted:

imagine watching the foot right now* at the MCG and just crushing your 24th tinnie of the day that you smuggled in because all the stewards are on smoko

*not right now, actually it's in the winter, which is the summer

and everyone is just blaspheming and doing all the gay sex

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Thogden is a Tory nonce

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'm just sad that all the worst people are Arsenal fans. Piers Morgan, The Queen, Osama Bin Laden, and now we find out that Infantino's pubes are also red and white.😔

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

considering ecuador had maybe 5,000 fans in the stadium today (and the us and mexico are going home immediately), they better break out the fake crowd noise from the pandemic era

owned as all hell

what do you mean the us and mexico are going home immediately?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Arivia posted:

what do you mean the us and mexico are going home immediately?

beep beep it's the bad teams bus

it goes to *checks notes* Hamad International Airport

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

beep beep it's the bad teams bus

it goes to *checks notes* Hamad International Airport

so wouldn't that still have them around for like a week and a half? since teams seem to get about three or four days off between games, and they have three games to play in their round-robin groups.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

yeah, I don't mean in the sense that they're literally immediately packing up and heading home after seeing how terrible qatar are despite being competitive in the gold cup

but two, maybe three, of those teams could be bounced out after the group stage and then it's just a bunch of world cup games in front of plastic chairs

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Arivia posted:

so wouldn't that still have them around for like a week and a half? since teams seem to get about three or four days off between games, and they have three games to play in their round-robin groups.

What is hyperbole

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
So how's the FIFA Fan Zone going?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfZJTVSCF8

Oh... :ohdear:

Looke posted:

Thogden is a Tory nonce
Doo-dah... Doo-dah...

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

yeah, I don't mean in the sense that they're literally immediately packing up and heading home after seeing how terrible qatar are despite being competitive in the gold cup

but two, maybe three, of those teams could be bounced out after the group stage and then it's just a bunch of world cup games in front of plastic chairs

That's a rude nickname for migrant workers.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

What is hyperbole

i don't really pay much attention to football normally and i'm trying to figure out if i missed something, sorry

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Arivia posted:

i don't really pay much attention to football normally and i'm trying to figure out if i missed something, sorry

Oh lol sorry no that's FLJ, assume posts are steeped in hyperbole at all times

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it's good hyperbole though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
So far tournament is looking extremely fake and not gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

has there ever been a hillsborough type event at a world cup before