Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

DACK FAYDEN posted:

but even Split/Second has a PC port on Steam so it sure was the first that came to mind

But unfortunately Blur doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
It did though, and apparently I last played it in 2017 - thanks for reminding me to try it. It's listed as 'playable' so should be fine if you can get it on there somehow.

I suspect that The Club (I liked it anyway) will be less simple due to the whole Games for Windows Live thing. The forums have posts from 10 years ago complaining about it not working due to that.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 21, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bumhead posted:

But unfortunately Blur doesn't.
It does, and it runs perfectly on the deck. It is however delisted from Steam. Split/Second was the better game though, and Pure (basically SSX on quad bikes) was better than both of them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

90s Cringe Rock posted:

How is the only PS3 game that matters, Tokyo Jungle?

I've tried it and it's playable, but it does have slowdown and gets pretty choppy sometimes. There might be settings you can tweak to make it better, but I wasn't able to find anything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

What I always hear about RPCS3 is that it really wants a high CPU thread count, so the Deck's 4C8T setup isn't quite in its happy place.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I mean, that's also like 99% of the CPUs on the market in any device

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

njsykora posted:

It does, and it runs perfectly on the deck. It is however delisted from Steam. Split/Second was the better game though, and Pure (basically SSX on quad bikes) was better than both of them.

Great, now I'm doubly annoyed that I COULD own Blur but don't.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Great, now I'm doubly annoyed that I COULD own Blur but don't.

you can buy a steam key for just over 2000 euro!!!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you can buy a steam key for just over 2000 euro!!!
I love the prices on delisted games, even ones that used to be like $5 are like $300 now

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

How long does it take for Lutris to install EGS? For me it's been sitting at "Installing Dependencies" for like 15-20 minutes.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lost Odyssey runs but I hear it's crashy

Blue Dragon doesn't run (odd since both LO and BD are using the same engine afaik, Unreal)

I didn't bother to check on Nintey Nine Nights 1 or 2, but those two & JSRF are the only games I really care about on Xbox OG&360

I guess maybe Enchanted Arms too.

All the Tales games run fine on emulator, along with Eternal Sonata! and Drakenguard 3

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I guess maybe Enchanted Arms too.
it had a ps3 port god help me for knowing this

(also I would not play Eternal Sonata without the ps3 port bonus content)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Nintendo are going after SteamGridDB

https://www.eurogamer.net/nintendo-trying-to-prevent-images-of-its-games-being-used-on-steam

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

When people have been talking about pirating Switch games in this thread and Valve have had Yuzu shown in official promos it's the least surprising thing in the world that Nintendo doesn't have the most generous view of the Deck.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The thing often runs Switch games better than the Switch, and it also plays pretty much any game.

Of course they hate it, it's a competitor for their hardware, and Nintendo knows it is a hardware company first.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it had a ps3 port god help me for knowing this

(also I would not play Eternal Sonata without the ps3 port bonus content)

what content is that? I don't know that there's any DLC for the PS3 version

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

njsykora posted:

When people have been talking about pirating Switch games in this thread and Valve have had Yuzu shown in official promos it's the least surprising thing in the world that Nintendo doesn't have the most generous view of the Deck.

Of course they don't but it's funny that they're trying to stop image hosting of all things.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GreenBuckanneer posted:

what content is that? I don't know that there's any DLC for the PS3 version
Isn't. They added a dungeon inside a magic mirror in chapter four and a NG+ bonus dungeon.

Oh and they made Cam Clarke's character playable.

Apparently they also made the game harder by nerfing exp gain from fights, but whatever.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's technically legal to dump your keys and games and run them with another launcher that didn't steal any code. It's a harder argument for images which are certainly converted by trademark or something.

Legal right isn't moral right though. Nintendo needs to pick its battles and gently caress all the way off. Not up there with DMCAing fan games but it's bad PR.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

njsykora posted:

I'm not sure how deliberate this is on Nintendo's part. They're pretty aggressive about sending DMCA complaints for their current properties, it's just that the one for SteamGridDB is the one that got picked up by the news cycle while the 30 or so issued for YouTube today don't really bubble up on anyone's radar anymore. From Nintendo's perspective, both just show up in Google search results.

I think that's more the community's understanding of the role of SteamGridDB these days is why it's newsworthy.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Heran Bago posted:

It's technically legal to dump your keys and games and run them with another launcher that didn't steal any code. It's a harder argument for images which are certainly converted by trademark or something.

It's also not particularly hard. Right now I think I've used my Switch to download switch games to play on my deck, rather than to just play switch games.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
How terrible are Windows games off a SD card Windows install? Alternatively, how hard is it to set up a dual boot system?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

How terrible are Windows games off a SD card Windows install? Alternatively, how hard is it to set up a dual boot system?

It’s not terrible tbh the load times are worse obviously but it’s not the end of the world. Dual booting is easy enough but IMO windows sucks on these handhelds and so I’ve pretty much stopped using it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MarcusSA posted:

It’s not terrible tbh the load times are worse obviously but it’s not the end of the world. Dual booting is easy enough but IMO windows sucks on these handhelds and so I’ve pretty much stopped using it.

Yeah I want to play Dead By Daylight on it but sadly that requires Windows, just debating if it's worth trying

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Medullah posted:

load times are super slow but they play fine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

Yeah I want to play Dead By Daylight on it but sadly that requires Windows, just debating if it's worth trying

Honestly it doesn't even take that long to set up if you wanted to give it a try. I think it took under an hour to get everything set up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Medullah posted:

I’ve had reasonable success with lutris, you could try that

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm thinking about getting a large Flash Drive or external drive to just back up all of my emulation poo poo and just general PC stuff; what's the best filesystem to use for both Windows and Linux to read?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sigher posted:

I'm thinking about getting a large Flash Drive or external drive to just back up all of my emulation poo poo and just general PC stuff; what's the best filesystem to use for both Windows and Linux to read?

exFAT in my experience.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1594860698236227584

Steam Deck inches closer and closer to just being a mobile workstation for me.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Lord Lambeth posted:

https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1594860698236227584

Steam Deck inches closer and closer to just being a mobile workstation for me.

Not until you can up/down arrow your terminal history. :p

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You can, though? I've definitely done that before when I was manually enabling ftp every time I wanted to transfer files.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

OMG OMG OMG

There's an Atari ST emulator on this thing!!!!!111 :aaaaa: :pusheen:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

it can run yuzu, yeah?

anyone made a Frankenstein LABO x DECK VR headset yet???

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Christ, you would need some sturdy cardboard for the Labo VR setup.

But it would be all worth it for 60FPS Labo fishing on Deck

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LABO wouldn't work because LABO works due to the IR camera in the joycon to get all of it's tracking data. Unless the emulator actually supports the camera, I'm not sure but I doubt it?

But gently caress that, give me Mario Kart Home Tour on my Deck and hopefully the wireless on the Deck isn't painfully bad like it is on the Switch.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm thinking of picking up Super Dungeon Maker. Anyone try it? And if so how was your touch screen for level building?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh god

There’s a “great on deck” section in the sale

gently caress

Here I go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Subjunctive posted:

Oh god

There’s a “great on deck” section in the sale

gently caress

Here I go

Just got the valve complete pack. It would have been a crime not to!