Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

was going to scope out the competition but just found out costco drove sam's club right out of seattle (and the rest of the state)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

all kimchi will last for over a year if kept submerged, but modern industrial kimchi will only actually taste good for like, 6-15 weeks

submerged in what

submerged in what

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

halokiller posted:

was going to scope out the competition but just found out costco drove sam's club right out of seattle (and the rest of the state)

good

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

My mom started going to Sam's Club because it's "easier to get to from her office" and we don't talk much anymore. Today is her birthday, I might call her later if I remember.

Edit: Went to Costco yesterday, got a dog advent calendar and a wreath along with the groceries and diapers. I put the wreath over and around my son as we did our rounds and he was so pumped. My car still smelled like a hot dog when I drove to work this morning.

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 21, 2022

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

redreader posted:

Any good snacks or holiday items at Costco to keep an eye out for? My wife is going tomorrow. I think other people mentioned the Thornton one near top golf, it's my "local" one, but still about 20 minutes away.

If you like the flavor, the pumpkin spice yogurt covered pretzels are really good, and really bad for you.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Oracle posted:

submerged in what

submerged in what

the acidic liquid it comes in?

otherwise it gets mold

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

halokiller posted:

I will say though, BJ's Wholesale Club has a more interesting/enticing selection the last time I was there. I googled it right now and they claim they carry 7000 SKUs on average to Costco's 4000.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

7000 skus of garbage

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zero VGS posted:

I will say though, BJ's Wholesale Club has a more interesting/enticing selection the last time I was there. I googled it right now and they claim they carry 7000 SKUs on average to Costco's 4000.

I prefer the lack of choice at Costco. Shopping is about yes and no not which ones.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Is it true that you can shop at Costco with a gift card even if you're not a member?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yes. It's a little Costco hack. Kind of like "I'm just going to the pharmacy" and going to the samples and grabbing a hot dog on your way out.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Tokelau All Star posted:

Edit: Went to Costco yesterday, got a dog advent calendar [...]

...with refill?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
BJ's is total false advertising FYI.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

Is it true that you can shop at Costco with a gift card even if you're not a member?

Yes, you can get a friend to buy you a giftcard or get one from eBay at a markup.

You can also use the pharmacy with no membership, use the food court (in some places, Boston doesn't enforce it but apparently others do), and use the liquor store in states where the law requires them to be open to the public (again, Boston).

Lastly you can use Instacart to buy stuff without a membership if you're OK with the exorbitant delivery/service fees.

kntfkr posted:

BJ's is total false advertising FYI.

I was waiting for you to offer it up, if anything that's your fault.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Tokelau All Star posted:

Went to Costco yesterday, got a dog advent calendar

Is it human grade?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My mom has a membership, I rarely go because its all the way across town and I live alone so buying perishables in bulk doesn't work for me, but it would be nice to get some clothes or some frozen stuff sometime.

Last time I went I just tried to use my mom's card and the cashier was all like this isn't you and they wouldn't sell me the blankets I wanted lol.

Very dutiful cashier.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Zero VGS posted:

I was waiting for you to offer it up, if anything that's your fault.

Hundred bucks.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

kntfkr posted:

Hundred bucks.

You're supposed to pay me actually. It's a foot long with a free refill.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wendigee posted:

My mom has a membership, I rarely go because its all the way across town and I live alone so buying perishables in bulk doesn't work for me, but it would be nice to get some clothes or some frozen stuff sometime.

Last time I went I just tried to use my mom's card and the cashier was all like this isn't you and they wouldn't sell me the blankets I wanted lol.

Very dutiful cashier.

Yeah, I joined before the building was finished and there was a tent outside to sign up. So I don't have a picture of me on my Costco card or credit card. So sometimes I'll give them my Costco credit card and they'll ask for an ID to verify. That is very rare though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I do not understand why people are buying Apple pies right now. Pumpkin and Pecan are allowed, Apple is hosed up

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Friendsgiving/Holiday parties are a thing.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Apple pie is so good.

Frozen whip cream ohhh yesss

Pumping pie is okay like once or twice a year

Pecan bores the gently caress out of my in terms of pies. The jelly like center with the rock cliff on top just is a no. Just no.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

ShowTime posted:

Curiosity got me and I went to search Costco for the Jamon and it's actually black label.
What does this mean?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Remulak posted:

What does this mean?

It means its the highest quality Jamon ham possible. It's pure Jamon instead of Jamon + another breed. It's like A5 Wagyu of ham.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
I always trust this forum to identify the A5 waygu equivalent of ham

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That's genius, but not enough wine. Add some panniers and you can bring a full case with you.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
No fenders I see, so you can fling the road salt for some extra seasoning.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats a nice lugged steel frame :)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
No Jamon at my local Costco unfortunately. Went there right after 5PM and it was surprisingly civil. Nearly every cart had a pumpkin pie in it, except for one lady who had more than a few stacks of 4. Is she getting a personal pie for every member of her extended family? A pumpkin pie eating contest? Who knows. It was fun seeing an entire display of pies, from apple to pecan (pumpkin in the fridge). Hundreds and hundreds of pies.

But I just got my normal purchase of 2 rotisserie chickens, 2 salad spring mixes, 1 bag of celery and 1 container of light cottage cheese. $30 for about a weeks worth of food. Costco is the greatest.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

redreader posted:

Any good snacks or holiday items at Costco to keep an eye out for? My wife is going tomorrow. I think other people mentioned the Thornton one near top golf, it's my "local" one, but still about 20 minutes away.

Kirkland Chocolates of the World, different every year and always kicks rear end

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Could use a bi-weekly run next few days but I'll be hosed if I'm getting near a church through Sunday.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/just1nbruce/status/1595071483168145410

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

Anybody had the prepared turkey meal before? I'm new to cooking for Thanksgiving, wondered if there were any adjustments to make (especially the turkey). Planned on adding some mushrooms and caramelized onions to the green beans tray.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

hamtaro posted:

Anybody had the prepared turkey meal before? I'm new to cooking for Thanksgiving, wondered if there were any adjustments to make (especially the turkey). Planned on adding some mushrooms and caramelized onions to the green beans tray.

Leave the turkey uncovered in the fridge night before to dry the skin, if you like it crunchier.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm going to Costco today

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Soul Dentist posted:

Godspeed Spider-Man.

I went Sunday and it was oddly quiet. Friday will be a bloodbath tho.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Go at like 3pm or 7pm if you can. Early morning is probably the worst, lunch time will be bad. At 3pm it'll start to die out, then get re surged with people getting off early to "go to the 'co". Then late it'll chill again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

You gonna pick up TOW2G (the one with two "g"s)?