Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dick Fontaine posted:

Has anyone tried this?

I am intrigued but also somewhat horrified by the concept of plant based sparkles

I'm more intrigued at the idea of an animal based sparkle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dick Fontaine posted:

Has anyone tried this?

I am intrigued but also somewhat horrified by the concept of plant based sparkles

Probably just colored corn syrup...

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Renegret posted:

I'm more intrigued at the idea of an animal based sparkle.

It’s not sparkles, but the ol’ Costco did have an animal based head scratcher on offer today

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bob dobbs is dead posted:

what they do is recombination of ingredients. orange juice is prototypal for this, where they mix in multiple varieties of orange juice, one part of it basically a sweetener which is entirely composed of orange juice, another part of it basically an emulsifier composed of the emulsifying parts of orange juice, one part of it a tasteless unemulsified intense orange color, etc etc and mix it up. most common (basically omnipresent) is a "flavor pack" made out of peels. on the ingredients list they can colorably put in just "orange juice not from concentrate" and not get sued, but it's a lotta food science legerdemain, just entirely in orange juice.

same w/ the oat milks, but with oats. or soy milk, with soy. i don't mind that poo poo but they do it so be advised

I remember seeing both how they made orange juice on the history channel 10+ years ago and also something maybe a week or so ago about the same thing. Yeah, the orange juice you get is not fresh squeezed orange juice. You need to do it yourself for that.

With "fresh" orange juice they have to do something like remove all of the oxygen from it which makes it flavorless and then yeah, as you said, the orange flavor puck is thrown in.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

what they do is recombination of ingredients. orange juice is prototypal for this, where they mix in multiple varieties of orange juice, one part of it basically a sweetener which is entirely composed of orange juice, another part of it basically an emulsifier composed of the emulsifying parts of orange juice, one part of it a tasteless unemulsified intense orange color, etc etc and mix it up. most common (basically omnipresent) is a "flavor pack" made out of peels. on the ingredients list they can colorably put in just "orange juice not from concentrate" and not get sued, but it's a lotta food science legerdemain, just entirely in orange juice.

same w/ the oat milks, but with oats. or soy milk, with soy. i don't mind that poo poo but they do it so be advised

At my local supermarket there’s a juicing machine where you put oranges in one end, get juice out the other, and it even bottles it for you. There’s definitely a market for that kind of thing, even if most people want things to be consistent and predictable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bargearse posted:

At my local supermarket there’s a juicing machine where you put oranges in one end, get juice out the other, and it even bottles it for you. There’s definitely a market for that kind of thing, even if most people want things to be consistent and predictable.

The trick is the juice you get from the other end is from cheap store brand OJ

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
gently caress I knew it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There is a type of that machine at a diner near me. It has a bunch of pieces of oranges in the top hopper and it crushes them for fresh juice. I've never had it before because I don't drink orange juice but it's neat.

edit: something like this

https://www.amazon.com/VBENLEM-Comm...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 21, 2022

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Remember the Juicero? That went well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

Remember the Juicero? That went well.

That was hilarious.

They sold individual bags of fruit that you'd put into the machine and it'd squeeze it for you. The thing is.... your hands work just as well lol.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I once had a roommate that would juice at 4 AM. I wanted to kill him. Thankfully he moved out in a couple months so I didn't have to commit homicide.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bargearse posted:

I was over in the Netherlands and Belgium last month and literally every supermarket has one with a giant hopper of oranges and you can fill your own bottles. I drank so much fresh orange juice when I was there.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Soul Dentist posted:

Yak milk or gtfo

NGL I'd love to try some Kumis.

Also: my church stopped stocking the 4505 chicharrones just as they became an indispensable part of my life.

Aargh!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They'll probably get them back. Kind of a almost seasonal thing from my experience. They are very popular, so as long as Costco can get a good price on them, they'll keep stocking them. I've had items disappear for months, come back, sell out, come back months later. The chili flavor is great, but I hope they get other flavors eventually.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Thank you for the reassurance. I'm hoping perhaps it's a summer thing.
Yes the chili was delightful, I shamefully destroyed the first bag in one sitting. I got better at portioning, eventually.
I really wanted to try the jalapeño queso flavor next!

They're in the supermarket but at 1/6th the size and 4x the price.
I'm not that addicted.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

almost bought one of those giant Kirkland Irish Country Cream liquor bottles..... told the person at the register you know what.... nah.....

Big mistake. It's better than Baileys, you get twice as much, and it costs 1/3rd as much.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I milked a cow once when I was like 7 years old. Obviously WI has a large dairy industry so our school brought us to a cow farm once.

It feels really weird.

Also, you can't tug on it like a dick. There's a method.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
edit: nvm

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ShowTime posted:

They'll probably get them back. Kind of a almost seasonal thing from my experience. They are very popular, so as long as Costco can get a good price on them, they'll keep stocking them. I've had items disappear for months, come back, sell out, come back months later. The chili flavor is great, but I hope they get other flavors eventually.

While I appreciate your optimism, I habitually check to see if the awesome marinated mushrooms in like a quart glass jar have come back, and they never do. I've been checking for like 3 years now.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I milked a cow once when I was like 7 years old. Obviously WI has a large dairy industry so our school brought us to a cow farm once.

It feels really weird.

Also, you can't tug on it like a dick. There's a method.

Sounds like you could use some dick tugging practice to get up to udder-level finesse

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I milk myself quite often and the technique is quite different from milking a cow. It involves leather and/or anal implements. To start with. Once the chains and whips come in then we're going somewhere.

Yeah, try doing that with a cow dude.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Cows are pretty into leather actually

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Any good snacks or holiday items at Costco to keep an eye out for? My wife is going tomorrow. I think other people mentioned the Thornton one near top golf, it's my "local" one, but still about 20 minutes away.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

redreader posted:

Any good snacks or holiday items at Costco to keep an eye out for? My wife is going tomorrow. I think other people mentioned the Thornton one near top golf, it's my "local" one, but still about 20 minutes away.

i quite like the white chocolate/peppermint pretzel chips that were on sale a couple weeks ago, dunno if they still are

they're like the normal pretzel chips but dipped in peppermint bark

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

There is a type of that machine at a diner near me. It has a bunch of pieces of oranges in the top hopper and it crushes them for fresh juice. I've never had it before because I don't drink orange juice but it's neat.

edit: something like this

https://www.amazon.com/VBENLEM-Comm...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

These things are great. Uses a ton of oranges though.

The Serrano ham is so good, gently caress, we got two for work and it's ham city around here.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Dick Fontaine posted:

It’s not sparkles, but the ol’ Costco did have an animal based head scratcher on offer today

Do you mean the "human grade" part? That just means that it meets FDA requirements for human consumption.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

Do you mean the "human grade" part? That just means that it meets FDA requirements for human consumption.

Human food marketed for dogs? I wonder if they taste better than Hormel products, which are dog food marketed for humans.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I milk myself quite often and the technique is quite different from milking a cow. It involves leather and/or anal implements. To start with. Once the chains and whips come in then we're going somewhere.

Yeah, try doing that with a cow dude.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

redreader posted:

There's a cranberry goat cheese in the cheese section and it's wonderful. We graze a lot during the holidays so we do a lot of charcuterie type stuff. They've got some nice salami and other meats, cheeses and crackers if thats your thing.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

redreader posted:

Enstoms toffee.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

get the jamon OP

eat the whole thing OP

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A jamon for the holidays

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Little Timmy excitedly unwrapping his big boxed gift because he thinks its a ps5 but its a jamon

He looks up at Dad, who says he believed Timmy was old enough now for his first jamon. We can slice it together.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I saw some guy with the Jamon in his cart last visit to Church. God speed sir

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I stumbled across a mini-documentary about Jamon the other day and if I see one at my Costco, I'm buying it. Only 5 provinces of Spain are allowed to farm them (they also exist in Portrugal, but under a different name), they only allow 2 pigs per acre and they eat acorns ya'll. They even have different grades of it (black > red > green > white). I imagine the ones at Costco are white seal, but that's still good rear end ham.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xcqXBGv5DM

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I've been checking the site multiple times a day for the past week and winter tires are constantly sold out. Is it worth calling the tire center directly or should I just keep :f5:ing?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

That's actually the one I watched.

Curiosity got me and I went to search Costco for the Jamon and it's actually black label.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I've been checking the site multiple times a day for the past week and winter tires are constantly sold out. Is it worth calling the tire center directly or should I just keep :f5:ing?

Call tire center directly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

That's actually the one I watched.

Curiosity got me and I went to search Costco for the Jamon and it's actually black label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KjkiKAucA8