Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Chris Knight posted:

What on earth

You can watch it on YouTube in glorious 4x3 https://youtu.be/kBqsWYcWcPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

apparently not, it says video unavailable

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I remember watching that on tv back in the day, it rules.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Mantis42 posted:

apparently not, it says video unavailable

Working for me, here in the UK.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

flat rear end crew

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Carthag Tuek posted:

flat rear end crew

pink-haired girl might have something going on

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

What on earth

At least Bruce is wearing a leather jacket, Lori Loughlin just looks like she came straight from the set of Full House.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

I think people malign the first movie too much, some friends and I went to the Alamo Drafthouse to watch it when it was released back in September, and we all had a blast with it. I forgot how good it looks on the big screen.

But given that the biggest criticism of the first movie was that the story (aside from the worldbuilding) was unoriginal, I've been surprised to see the trailers so far that seems to show that it's beat for beat the same plot as the first movie, just this time underwater. I remain somewhat optimistic given that they have the scripts for all 5 or however many movies already written and completed, and that the writers all worked together in a writing room. But still.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry but I think that poster is really underwhelming.

even if it is just for IMAX

the one sheet is also weird

edit: lmao severed head on the ocean floor

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 21, 2022

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nihonniboku posted:

I remain somewhat optimistic given that they have the scripts for all 5 or however many movies already written and completed, and that the writers all worked together in a writing room. But still.
Cameron said he won't do 4&5 if 2&3 tank at the box office.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I wonder what he'd consider tanking, is he demanding these become the top grossing movies of all time like his past two movies? Would making a modest profit off the budget be enough?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I feel like it doesn’t matter, people show up to his movies, even though I don’t think he’s really talked about as a filmmaker as much as you would think

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sorry, it's "may not direct 4&5." That was back in the spring. I swear he was saying recently that the last 2 may not happen at all. Idk

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Chris Knight posted:

Sorry, it's "may not direct 4&5." That was back in the spring. I swear he was saying recently that the last 2 may not happen at all. Idk

No, I did read that recently too. But I believe the scripts are all done, suggesting an overarching plot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just make Avatar 4 and 5 at the direct to video budget, James, you coward.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m into that, an Avatar 4 movie with Scott Adkins would own.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have never gotten over my initial misconception that the neural whip was sexual and the Na'vi gently caress their horses to break them and I don't think I ever will.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I have never gotten over my initial misconception that the neural whip was sexual and the Na'vi gently caress their horses to break them and I don't think I ever will.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

kiimo posted:

What the gently caress

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't they use their hair to gently caress in the movie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mister Chief posted:

Don't they use their hair to gently caress in the movie?

Yes. In the extended cut but its there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf9SWvs4beE

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Can’t believe we’re gonna see full 3d penetration in 70mm!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Chris Knight posted:

He'll do 4 & 5, how else will he force actors into a water tank? Make The Abyss 2?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

This looks to me like it's a side story, a 30 minute "special presentation" that's an adjunct to Avatar 2.
Is it just that JC is too cool to put aⅡin his movie title?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Non Compos Mentis posted:

He'll do 4 & 5, how else will he force actors into a water tank? Make The Abyss 2?
2 is already the water one.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What the gently caress

I'm not very bright especially when I was young. In the film when Sully is playing with his nerve-interlaced braid, Dr. Weaver warns him that he'll go blind if he messes with it.

That was the beginning of my confusion.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wrong thread

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The hair is 100% sexual.

The main hero of the film fucks a pterodactyl into submission to prove his worth to the natives.

This is text not subtext.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The hair is 100% sexual.

The main hero of the film fucks a pterodactyl into submission to prove his worth to the natives.

This is text not subtext.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Don't get me wrong though it being weird and uncomfortable is one of the best things about the film.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm not sure how this cartoonist got the idea that Avatar was super popular with the 4chan crowd. They only like the bad guy. Avatar was a mainstream success with normal people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because there were a few weird nerds who wanted to kill themselves to go pandora or were just super depressed they couldn’t live there and sync hairs with nyteri

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, it should be mentioned that that comic is as old as the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Because there were a few weird nerds who wanted to kill themselves to go pandora or were just super depressed they couldn’t live there and sync hairs with nyteri

Those were like normal people though. The people who desperately wanted to live in Pandora were like normal boring middle aged folks who were aware of how boring their lives were