Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I made a deck based on stealing the opponent's deck away from them and then played Cable in Bar Sinister, along w/ a Turn 1 Yondu and a Turn 3 Mantis that took the opponent's Gamora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My favorite thing right now is doing wong/Mystique /Onslaught /gambit and then hitting "I am confident!" once their side of the board is gone

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I want to find whoever made Dr Doom and give them a wedgie. 15 buffable power with no conditional should not cost 6 energy.

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019

1stGear posted:

I want to find whoever made Dr Doom and give them a wedgie. 15 buffable power with no conditional should not cost 6 energy.

The only thing i don't like about doom is that i haven't grotten him in my patriot/blue marvel deck.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

1stGear posted:

You're right.

Should be more powerful :getin:

Ok, no, but I do wish I won more, so that's basically the same thing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

1stGear posted:

Doom isn't even as good as Ultron in buff decks. His best use is to lock up Flooded lanes in Storm decks. Overall he's fair because he usually can't win a lane by himself.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just pulled Agatha from my latest cache. Was hoping for Wong since I'm pretty sure he's all that I'm missing for one of those busted On Reveal decks, but Agatha should be amusing once I get more pieces to utilize a deck around her

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Opponent pulled some bullshit on the last turn to tie a location that made me so angry that I didn't do the math on the remaining ones properly, didn't even see the bright blue VICTORY message that covered the screen, and was fuming until I got out of the match and saw my rank go up instead of down. Passed 80 for the first time!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_steve posted:

Just pulled Agatha from my latest cache. Was hoping for Wong since I'm pretty sure he's all that I'm missing for one of those busted On Reveal decks, but Agatha should be amusing once I get more pieces to utilize a deck around her

This one is quite fun, you really only need wave/sif/ghost rider so you have two ways to cheat her out early, once you do that it’s just dropping big dudes:

# (3) Wave
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Crossbones
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Agatha Harkness
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdhdGhhSGFya25lc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDcm9zc2JvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Agatha will always try to play herself, right? That deck looks very fun.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Lumbermouth posted:

Agatha will always try to play herself, right? That deck looks very fun.

Yep, she'll always get discarded by Sif or will play herself if allowed by Wave. About 25% of the time (it feels like, i'm sure someone knows the math) you won't draw either of your 3-cost cards by T3 and that's pretty much your cue to retreat. She makes baffling location choices that sometimes bait out snaps from opponents.

It may be worth packing enchantress instead of shang chi, because the deck definitely will not beat the wong combo (but you could just resign too I suppose).

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

This one is quite fun, you really only need wave/sif/ghost rider so you have two ways to cheat her out early, once you do that it’s just dropping big dudes:

# (3) Wave
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Crossbones
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Agatha Harkness
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdhdGhhSGFya25lc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldhdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDcm9zc2JvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1BhbnRoZXIifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I'm not seeing any support for Black Panther. Is he really worth it for just 8 power at 5 energy?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

Yep, she'll always get discarded by Sif

If she is your only 6-cost in hand. This is important to stress lest anyone think it happens regardless.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jedit posted:

If she is your only 6-cost in hand. This is important to stress lest anyone think it happens regardless.

In that deck, the only other 6-cost card is America Chavez, who isn't going to be in your hand for a 3-drop Sif.

I guess an Iceman or something can make something else a 6-coster right?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

BoldFace posted:

I'm not seeing any support for Black Panther. Is he really worth it for just 8 power at 5 energy?

it can't be a 6 cost because of Sif...and Agatha can screw up lanes so Namor and Warpath are probably bad choices. Gamora, Abomination, Vision...Klaw all would work. i think the stupid answer is that i had him in there for the vibranium event

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Serperoth posted:

In that deck, the only other 6-cost card is America Chavez, who isn't going to be in your hand for a 3-drop Sif.

I guess an Iceman or something can make something else a 6-coster right?

Yeah, I'm just making the point so nobody throws a bunch of extra 6-drops into an Agatha deck.

Black Panther is just straight inferior to Gamora unless you have significant hand buffing or a way to proc him twice. He's not even as good as Abomination by himself, and I'd play Aero over him ten times out of nine.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Bug report: when you have Avengers Compound twice, you can choose to play at either location on the 5th turn. Obviously you shouldn't be able to play anywhere.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hate how sloppy the wording is on things. Cloning Vats says when you play a card here, you add a copy to your hand. Someone had Kraven on the site already, then played Hulk Buster, and after everything resolved they got an extra 6 power Kraven in their hand. That's in no way a copy of the card they played.

I mean it's not usually inconsistent, it works the same way every time (you get a copy of the card on the site after it reveals and effects are resolved, not a copy of the card you played), but that's not what the location text says! And in that example the Hulk Buster was what he played and the buffed Kraven is what he got. It irks me on the principle of it.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

That reminds me, I hit a bug last night where I had an unbuffed Deadpool on Xandar (so it had 2 power), killed it with a Killmonger, and it returned to my hand with 0 power. No idea why that happened but I would assume that's not intended behavior.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm deliberately staying in pool 1 for a while* and I think Killmonger is becoming my favorite card.
Hold on a second, I hear people saying, isn't Killmonger pool 2? How can it be your favorite card if you don't have it, can't have it and nobody you play with can have it?
gently caress squirrels and Kazar decks, that's how.

*I'm waiting to se if the season mission rolls an upgrade cards one

Omobono fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 22, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Omobono posted:

I'm deliberately staying in pool 1 for a while*

*I'm waiting to se if the season mission rolls an upgrade cards one

It always gives Upgrade 12 cards in Week 1 or 3 and Upgrade 20 CLs in the other.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Speaking of interactions, if you throw Beast on Jessica Jones the same turn you play her, she doesn't get the +4 if you avoid the next turn there.

Which is probably expected, since she's not in play, I was mostly curious

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I can only speak for myself, but I use Killmonger a lot in pool 2. You see a fair amount of Sunspots, Agent 13's, Nightcrawlers and Antmans (Antmen?)

Bear in mind I'm treading water for a week at about 60-63 so, I could be using a lovely deck (Destroy). Although I think I'm not climbing due to not taking more chances and snapping when I feel I have >50% confident at a win.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I have Killmonger in my Venom/Deadpool destroy deck solely to gank my own Deadpool and Nova. Any other 1 drops that get exploded are just gravy.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

the_steve posted:

Who keeps mes-sing up all my plays? 🎶
It was Agatha all along!
Who keeps losing cubes for days and days? 🎵
It was Agatha all along!

She siiiits in your hand!
And plays on demand!
(But not at your command -
you do understand?)
Under, under, under, under

It's too late to win everything
now that everyone just plays Wong
But it's Agatha
It's still Agatha
Yup, it's Agatha all alooooong! 🎶

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ubersandwich posted:

I can only speak for myself, but I use Killmonger a lot in pool 2. You see a fair amount of Sunspots, Agent 13's, Nightcrawlers and Antmans (Antmen?)

Bear in mind I'm treading water for a week at about 60-63 so, I could be using a lovely deck (Destroy). Although I think I'm not climbing due to not taking more chances and snapping when I feel I have >50% confident at a win.
Killmonger+Nova is straight up op if your deck can fit it. If KM kills a single enemy one-drop he's as good as any other 3 drop already in terms of stats. And this is on top of autowinning vs sloppy sunspot players. There arent any 3 cost jessica joneses out there that make the tech 3 costs cosmo and killmonger expensive to run which is why they're so ubiquitous, and on top of it monger+nova is strong even with no enemies to hit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2X4_Orn_s

Warning: someone gave Ben Brode a cappuccino.

Edit: https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7168728561379973894

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 22, 2022

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Would welcome any thoughts on this kind of all-around/control deck I've been playing around with. Just went over 600 CL and have actually been holding my own with this:

1. Sunspot
1. Iceman
2. Angela
2. Armor
3. Storm
3. Groot
4. Shang-Chi
4. Spider-Man
4. Jessica Jones
5. Iron Man
5. Professor X
6. America Chavez

I feel like I've got stuff in there which can help me out against movement, destroy and high-power decks. I think the only card that hasn't been pulling it's weight so far is Iron Man, mainly because I like a turn 5 Spider-Man or Professor X, not sure what would be a good replacement though. So far my only other Pool 3 cards are Colleen Wing, Goose, Hela, Moon Night, Mystique & Yellowjacket.

I think mostly my successes have just been down to getting more experience of when to recognize whether my position around turn 3/4 is good or not, which probably applies to most decks anyway I guess.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Killmonger is an MVP in Death decks. If there's a Squirrel Girl in play you can easily get her down to 0 cost

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2X4_Orn_s

Warning: someone gave Ben Brode a cappuccino.

So that's the 16 cards we knew about introduced. The token shop is going to make a lot of imbalance, though. Series 4 and 5 will be much rarer for players still padding their collections out, but people at 100% will be offered one every eight hours and players over 3k CL - which nearly all 100%ers are - are getting 12000 tokens. Although S4 and S5 cards cost 3000 and 6000 tokens respectively, it's still a huge leapfrog.

Full details here, including a visual spoiler for all the new cards at the bottom:

https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7168728561379973894

The most important thing is that you really want to get to CL1000 by the end of the season if you can. That's where the starting token award jumps from 3k to 6k.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Hmph. I just lost a game I should have won because my Zola copied a Jubilee to two other locations, the first one pulled an Odin which started another Jubilee. That's the dream. Except it forgot about my Jubilee at the other location and she didn't go off.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 22, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ah bastard I am at just the wrong CL (594). Annoying that 500 to 999ers are effectively not getting compensation for the caches they've opened.

The bump is massive tho. You only get 1250 collector tokens going from 600 -> 1000 naturally so getting 3k extra is a lot. Guess I'll need to make my mind up to spend this gold or not soon given how the store/refreshes work.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 22, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't think I'm a fan of letting people actually have Galactus. As a random card that shows up once in a while it's fun, but I don't want to be running into it every other game

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The Sean posted:

Hmph. I just lost a game I should have won because my Zola copied two Jubilee to other locations, the first one pulled an Odin which started another Jubilee. That's the dream. Except it forgot about my Jubilee at the other location and she didn't go off.

If you played Jubilee to get a card, then the second Jubilee pulled two cards, you didn't have any cards left in your deck.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

A cool feature presented like the end of Goodfellas.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Jedit posted:

If you played Jubilee to get a card, then the second Jubilee pulled two cards, you didn't have any cards left in your deck.

Oh, duh. That makes sense. Thank you.

I'm still a dingus for not figuring that out, but outside of that I do wish there were little icons to show how many cards are in each player's hand and decks*. I know you can click on the avatar but I'm used to seeing that info be more obvious and consistently visible in other card games.

*I'm on Android, not sure if that matters.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 22, 2022

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Marvel Snap posted:

What if I’m not at Collection Level 500 yet?
For players currently under 500 Collection Level, they’ll be granted 3,000 Tokens when they unlock the Token Shop at Collection Level 500!

Awesome news for my early pool 2 alt account!

Looks like they’re implementing this in a pretty reasonable way. A rotating shop isn’t my favorite, but the ability to pause the shop when something cool shows up is great.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I don't think I'm a fan of letting people actually have Galactus. As a random card that shows up once in a while it's fun, but I don't want to be running into it every other game
He's pretty toxic ngl. Instant ties on death's domain and luke's bar.

I dont think ppl realize how insanely, insanely slow pool 4 progress is tho. With a full pool 3 collection it's 1000CL per card.

EDIT: wow I did not see that it was 22% to get 400 tokens my bad. That makes it 450CL per card which is still a ton ofc but it's at least one a month which is something.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 22, 2022

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Lemon posted:

Would welcome any thoughts on this kind of all-around/control deck I've been playing around with. Just went over 600 CL and have actually been holding my own with this:

1. Sunspot
1. Iceman
2. Angela
2. Armor
3. Storm
3. Groot
4. Shang-Chi
4. Spider-Man
4. Jessica Jones
5. Iron Man
5. Professor X
6. America Chavez

I feel like I've got stuff in there which can help me out against movement, destroy and high-power decks. I think the only card that hasn't been pulling it's weight so far is Iron Man, mainly because I like a turn 5 Spider-Man or Professor X, not sure what would be a good replacement though. So far my only other Pool 3 cards are Colleen Wing, Goose, Hela, Moon Night, Mystique & Yellowjacket.

I think mostly my successes have just been down to getting more experience of when to recognize whether my position around turn 3/4 is good or not, which probably applies to most decks anyway I guess.

I would replace Groot, which is not a great card imo. Could go in several different directions - Lizard/Mojo/Mysterio for better stat value, or Mr Fantastic (also normally a 3/6) to bump power in inaccessible lanes, or Cosmo to shut down Wong shenanigans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
I have yet to have a moment where Space Throne is revealed and I didn't have Quicksilver already there. Please don't tell me this is gonna keep happening every time Space Throne is a thing.