Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Opopanax posted:

Show us your deck
It's the most standard netdeck possible and these games aren't even close it loses to absolutely everything.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
She-Hulk seems amazing for the kind of decks I like to play, hope I get her lol.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

bunch of additional info on the new token stuff:

Pool 4 is guaranteed 1 in 40 caches, no guarantee on pool 5

New drop rates

Cache:
-200 credits 10%
-350 credits 5%
-150 Gold 10%
-100 Tokens 10%
-Series 3- 47.25%
-Series 4- 2.5%
-Series 5- 0.25%

Reserve:
-300 credits - 10%
-400 credits - 5%
-200 Gold - 10%
-100 Tokens - 25%
-Series 3 card - 22.25%
-Series 4 card - 2.5%
-Series 5 card - 0.25%
-Rare Variant - 10%
-Rare Avatar - 7.5%
-Rare Title - 7.5%

When you complete pool 3 that drop turns into 400 tokens

So this initial token drop is massive, unless you’ve got a full collection already

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

wow the destroyer deck sucks complete rear end. Why is this so highly touted?

The Ongoing one? It's pretty consistent but it doesn't really steal wins anymore after everyone played it for a week. I did really well with when I played it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

bunch of additional info on the new token stuff:

Pool 4 is guaranteed 1 in 40 caches, no guarantee on pool 5

New drop rates

Cache:
-200 credits 10%
-350 credits 5%
-150 Gold 10%
-100 Tokens 10%
-Series 3- 47.25%
-Series 4- 2.5%
-Series 5- 0.25%

Reserve:
-300 credits - 10%
-400 credits - 5%
-200 Gold - 10%
-100 Tokens - 25%
-Series 3 card - 22.25%
-Series 4 card - 2.5%
-Series 5 card - 0.25%
-Rare Variant - 10%
-Rare Avatar - 7.5%
-Rare Title - 7.5%

When you complete pool 3 that drop turns into 400 tokens

So this initial token drop is massive, unless you’ve got a full collection already

I want the math on whether it's better to spend those tokens on pool 3 cards so you can complete that collection or to spend them on pool 4/5 stuff

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

goferchan posted:

The Ongoing one? It's pretty consistent but it doesn't really steal wins anymore after everyone played it for a week. I did really well with when I played it.
Oh I didn't know about the ongoing thing. It's actually good plus uses the mojo I haven't used yet.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

No Wave posted:

Oh I didn't know about the ongoing thing. It's actually good plus uses the mojo I haven't used yet.

lol what were you playing? i don’t think i’ve run into a single destroyer deck that wasn’t running tons of ongoing, and this hot location is gonna make it all the more annoying

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Quackles posted:

How far in are you? Cards get more complex and more interactive - and there's more things your opponent has to think about - the farther up the collection ladder you go.

Well, lmao, it looks like if your account was created through Steam then uninstalling the game means you lose access to it, unless you at some point tied it to a Google account (which the Steam client never makes you do). I just redownloaded it to check my collection level and I can't :v: But I was somewhere early in pool 2.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I wonder if Snap has driven up the market for those cards? I still have my complete collection. Maybe I should toss it on eBay and see what I can get?

I went through last year and priced mine out, most of the ones that are actually valuable were from specific irl events only. Some of the uhhh... Fleer Masterpieces ones I think - the Artist Signature Series or whatever where they were drawn by famous comics artists, are worth big money. None of the ones that I have, but it was ones by artists who went on to be legends in the industry or something. Anyway I was hoping that the MCU Craze had created some interest in them and no, it did not. So I'm currently looking for weird art projects to do with them, like encasing a set of Iceman cards in a resin block or something.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ok, who's that purple cat robot that baby Groot is riding on in the loading screen?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

No Wave posted:

Yeah I have no idea what Destroyer deck you were talking about lol, but the one people were talking about was basically something like this (sub Iron Man for Mojo probably if you have him). You can win a lot of games finishing with Spectrum instead of Destroyer.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
So it's best right now to not redeem any CLvL rewards until the update drops, correct?

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Unless you can get to 1000, I think?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

So it's best right now to not redeem any CLvL rewards until the update drops, correct?

I'd say it's another case of pointless minmaxing like trying to stay in pool 1/2 longer than necessary. Whatever you choose to do, one or two months from now the difference will be negligible.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's lame that it's a rotating card shop. The whole point is to allow us to target the cards we want. Given how expensive it sounds like they'll be making it rotate just seems like FOMO for FOMO's sake.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
If this game let me build whatever deck I wanted I probably would've played it for a couple hundred less hours.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Ok, who's that purple cat robot that baby Groot is riding on in the loading screen?

I think it's a hulkbuster alt art.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
spitballing an event deck before bed

eh?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Played some Zoo games with a friend just to work on some plays, and it went well, except for one sick line. Both have snapped, and our opponent just abandons the filled-out Mojoworld (where I dropped Elektra to take it due to numbers) to move Nightcrawler away and just nab a win with a +1 in the other two locations. Gave them the thumbs up for that, that was a great play. They emoted too so it wasn't a bot.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Waffleopolis posted:

Not opening your caches is useless since everything you earn now will still use the old loot tables.

However, this does add an incentive not to earn them to begin with. So unless you are close to one of the collection levels that gives a big increase in back-earned collector tokens, you should stop levelling up for now.

I'm at 850 right now for example, so I'll be going for the 1000 level. But once I get there I'll stop.

uXs fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Nov 23, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

buffalo all day posted:

It's massive if you do have a full collection. Nobody has managed it below 2.7k and it may not even be possible to do so. Given that you can't hoard credits above 5k, most 100%ers are over CL3000 and so are getting enough extra tokens for a Series 5 card.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Noticing that Angel also has Quicksilver's passive.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Do we have a confirmed date on when the update drops?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Jedit posted:

It's massive if you do have a full collection. Nobody has managed it below 2.7k and it may not even be possible to do so. Given that you can't hoard credits above 5k, most 100%ers are over CL3000 and so are getting enough extra tokens for a Series 5 card.

Yeah that’s true - I meant more that your rate of collecting tokens is much higher once you have a full collection of pool 3 — averaging like 25 tokens per cache before as opposed to ~125 once you have a full collection. So getting 6000 tokens at a +25 per cache rate is much more dramatic than 12000 when you’re earning tokens six times faster. Unless I hosed all that math up

buffalo all day fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 23, 2022

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Network42 posted:

It's when the new season starts, isn't it?

I can't wait. I managed to jack up my collectors level a bunch this morning, but out of like 4 caches, I only got one new card, the rest was either gold or variants of stuff I already had. I am ready for tokens to buy what I actually want.

At least the new card was Dr. Doom, and I needed/wanted him.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

the_steve posted:

It's when the new season starts, isn't it?

I can't wait. I managed to jack up my collectors level a bunch this morning, but out of like 4 caches, I only got one new card, the rest was either gold or variants of stuff I already had. I am ready for tokens to buy what I actually want.

At least the new card was Dr. Doom, and I needed/wanted him.

Nobody knows when the update is going to be. Somewhere between now and the new season. Probably not in the next few days because of thanksgiving.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Network42 posted:

Likely to be next Tuesday. It's due before the next season starts and that's the only patch day before then.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Vulpes posted:

You'll realize as you play more that skipping turn 1 is barely a blip. Since you aren't directly battling your units against others, concepts like tempo and curve are applied quite differently in this game compared to others like Hearthstone.

I've had many games where I've had to pass the first 2-3 turns and still won comfortably.

Yeah, I'm in CL 1100 range and got enough Pool 3 cards to put together an OK Patriot/Ultron deck so sort of an upgraded Kazoo and I've had guys snap when they killmonger all my poo poo or I don't play anything at the start then wind up playing into all the boosters, patriot, ka-tarzan-whatisface, blue marvel then Ultron. Doesn't happen too often. In fact, the thing I'm finding is .. no playing out too many rocks/squirls/broods too early where I overfill the board before I can strategically lay down my boostin' guys.

All I need to finish it is Mystique...

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

BoldFace posted:

I'd say it's another case of pointless minmaxing like trying to stay in pool 1/2 longer than necessary. Whatever you choose to do, one or two months from now the difference will be negligible.

Agreed. Having just played the game normally without caring I've had a ton of fun. I can't imagine how much less fun it would be to care about these details.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

stev posted:

It's lame that it's a rotating card shop. The whole point is to allow us to target the cards we want. Given how expensive it sounds like they'll be making it rotate just seems like FOMO for FOMO's sake.

It's rotating but also you can pin cards that appear so they don't rotate if they show up but you don't have tokens for it now.

quote:

First, let’s talk about targeting. Starting in the next patch, Collector’s Tokens can be found in Collector’s Caches or Reserves, which are the boxes on the Collection Level Track starting at Level 500. You can use Tokens in the Token Shop to acquire cards you don’t have yet. The Token Shop rotates every 8 hours, and because these cards rotate so often, you’re likely to see a card you’ve been waiting for relatively quickly. If you don’t have the Tokens on-hand, no problem – you can pin the card in the shop so it won’t rotate, and buy it when you have enough Tokens.

It seems like a reasonable combined solution. If it's rotating then everyone isn't going to target the same card and there's still RNG involved but also there's an understanding that sometimes RNG really screws people over so if you see something you want to target, you can stop rotation on that slot until either you buy or you unpin.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Seems like it would be a lot smarter to not buy series 3 cards in the token shop, because those are fairly easy to get while playing normally.

Series 5, with 6000 tokens per card, seems crazy expensive.

So it looks like buying series 4 cards makes the most sense.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It seems safest to never spend tokens, it maintains your account's maximum token value.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

goferchan posted:

Yeah I have no idea what Destroyer deck you were talking about lol, but the one people were talking about was basically something like this (sub Iron Man for Mojo probably if you have him). You can win a lot of games finishing with Spectrum instead of Destroyer.

This deck just isn't good for advancing at all. I'm playing it because hey I'm in pool 3 with no really good decks but you catch absolutely nobody by surprise, and everyone knows when to snap you because they know exactly what they have to beat

An oppo playing daredevil is an auto loss for this deck

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think it's pretty strong but sooooo many people are playing it that everyone knows exactly what to do. Warpath and prof x are two of my least favorite cards anyways so I'll look into ruining the deck and losing with my own version.

EDIT: already enjoying this a lot more with omega red and onslaught

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 23, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/z2spk2/separately_series_3_is_also_changing_for_the/

They are changing the way cards are given out from reserves. From now on the game allocates 1 card, 1 gold/credits, 1 tokens, and 1 title/variant/avatar per block of four collectors reserves. So you will get one card every 48 levels starting at level 998 no matter what.

This is actually a nerf to accumulation rate, as before you could highroll two cards in a row while not being able to go more than 8 in a row without a card. I can do the math later on how much worse it is but most players will be finishing the current card pool at CL3500 under the new system (only variance is in how your caches perform). The old real odds per cache of getting a card was 27%, now it's always 25%.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 23, 2022

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Bleh, I'm just short of any decent P2 deck, and don't have a lot of the Good Stuff Cards. Everyone is running around with Hobgoblin and Shang Chi, and I've got like, Leech and Nakia :(

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

No Wave posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelSnap/comments/z2spk2/separately_series_3_is_also_changing_for_the/

They are changing the way cards are given out from reserves. From now on the game allocates 1 card, 1 gold/credits, 1 tokens, and 1 title/variant/avatar per block of four collectors reserves. So you will get one card every 48 levels starting at level 998 no matter what.

This is actually a nerf to accumulation rate, as before you could highroll two cards in a row while not being able to go more than 8 in a row without a card. I can do the math later on how much worse it is but most players will be finishing the current card pool at CL3500 under the new system (only variance is in how your caches perform). The old real odds per cache of getting a card was 27%, now it's always 25%.

This isn't quite accurate. The average player will have 29 Series 3 cards when they reach 998, leaving 47 to get including Miles Morales. Every 10th card opened will be S4/5, but this is directly negated by the gain of enough tokens to buy an S3 card over the same 40 boxes. This translates to a maximum CL of 3254 for full collection, and you will also have at least six S4 cards. If you spend your opening 6000 tokens on S3, this moves the final goal forward to maximum CL of 2966 - which is roughly where it is right now. New players will fall directly in the middle, as they'll only get 3000 tokens when they reach CL500.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

When you say at least six S4 cards, is there a pity for those too?

I'm not getting 6000 tokens btw, neither are most launch players.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm liking this deck a lot, though i feel i'm not getting a lot of use out of angela. any suggestions for a substitute? i'm only a few cards into pool 3 and none of them seem particularly like a good 1-1 addition (adam warlock, drax, goose, human torch, maximus, nick fury, quake, and wong, plus season pass black panther and miles morales). shang chi seems like a good idea, though off-curve

also looking for a good suggestion of a destroy deck since that's one of the season missions right now (and maybe just a good pointer to where to look up some solid decks in general)

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Got goose the cat as my first pool 3 card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is there a way to share which cards I have? The climb from silver to gold is a lot slower and I'm starting to feel aimless with my deck.