Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Clive has style for miles.

god I love how absolutely see through that disguise is. come on, man, clavell

:hmmyes:
I mean, it bamboozled me and the game literally had to tell me who it really was, and it was more fun to play along and let him take on some responsibility as an adult in charge of education

Masked Royal and Kukui are different people too, ya know? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I liked how Penny seemed legitimately surprised when she found out. And she is by far the single best character in this entire game so if she got tricked then it must have been a good disguise and I'm just incredibly smart for being able to see through it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

blizzardvizard posted:

Lmao that Larry is also an Elite Four:allears:

Also lmao that he was just asked to use a different type so he's all "well I guess I'll use Flying this time" but he's clearly invested enough to come up with flight-themed catchphrases

I had no idea that was the last E4 member and it was a peak :vince: moment when they rolled out.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I did like how Larry (hindsightedly) foreshadows his involvement in the E4 with his Staraptor, which you'd dismiss because he turns it pure Normal

I'm curious if the DLC will play around with adding fights where the opponents will Tera into something that's better defensively/offensively instead of into their type, or at least have several potential Tera types to pull from like how Battle Tower-esque opponents can have a pool of potential teams to pull from

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

HopperUK posted:

Please do keep posting these. I am invested in the story of Pink Marge.

Thank you! Depending on how things go I will probably take a break after the elite 4 if I make it through intact. But for the time being I’ll be posting obsessive updates.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think I'm turning against the new raid format compared to the old one. Getting time scammed by multi hit moves or status feels really really bad.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Just beat the last titan! I was really scared Mabosstiff was gonna die, when i saw the pokeball roll off the rock I was like "no..!! dont you use allusion like that!!!"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Barreft posted:

Just unlocked the rival sex romance option

Dude I made a pokemon kink joke and even I think you went way too far here.

In other news, I don't know what I expected but herding giant olives wasn't it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Dienes posted:

Dude I made a pokemon kink joke and even I think you went way too far here.

Even you?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I went looking for a Pawniard/Bisharp so I can use Kingambit on my team and what do I find

First time I get to use a shiny on my main playthrough! It's even got the Inner Focus > Supreme Overlord ability :dance:

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Is there a good money farming method that people have discovered yet?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Is there a good money farming method that people have discovered yet?

raids

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dienes posted:

I didn't know using your bike was an option until my second playthrough, but it greatly speeds things up

I also wasn't expecting it to make all those noises, which contributed to it taking far longer than it needed to

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Vinylshadow posted:

I didn't know using your bike was an option until my second playthrough, but it greatly speeds things up
One of the gym trainers gives you a unsubtle hint about that. They basically say "yeah, rolling that olive can take a while! But it might go a lot faster if you were RIDING A POKEMON and had them push it!"

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

:hmmyes:
I mean, it bamboozled me and the game literally had to tell me who it really was, and it was more fun to play along and let him take on some responsibility as an adult in charge of education

Masked Royal and Kukui are different people too, ya know? :colbert:

He turned out to be my favorite character in the game and I feel bad for ever doubting his intentions.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This game is sweet. I played through the story in Shield but that's the most time I've spent in a Pokémon game this decade. Even old stuff like the Rockruff alternate evolutions are new to me, so it's been really fun discovering things. Mostly I just like catching and evolving new Pokémon and I just got my third badge and have like 140 of them already so I'm pretty happy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Are there any vendors who will pay extra like the dude in Stow on Side in SwSh, or should I just sell stardust as I get it?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The fact that the 30, 40, and 50 year old NPCs are also students wearing the same uniform makes me think they just ran out of time

Man I like Pokémon and I liked sword and shield but this feels like it’s not even close to a beta

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

while attempting to farm for a shiny magneton, I ran into a full-odds shiny delibird! :v:

of course i'd get a shiny delibird in the game where there's another version of delibird thats actually useful, lmao

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's possible it's just the honeymoon phase talking but I think this is legit the generation I've loved most since Unova. Enjoyable storylines, fun characters, lots of cool new mons. The finale stretch is legitimately amazing and blew me away.

Like dang.

It's still so wild to me how hard this game hooked me considering all its buggy underbaked mess.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Just finished the endgame stuff today and really enjoyed the story at the end there. And the characters are overall very wholesome, which was nice.

Now to work on completing the dex...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

while attempting to farm for a shiny magneton, I ran into a full-odds shiny delibird! :v:

of course i'd get a shiny delibird in the game where there's another version of delibird thats actually useful, lmao

Could be worse, I caught a shiny male salandit

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I noticed that while EV training my Maushold, its speed went up a point without levelling it up or putting it in a PC box. Is that new in this generation?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That's a few generations old. It's so you can EV train a level 100 poke.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So just out of curiosity, do you just spot Shiny mons in the world now, or is it more "Surprise; It's actually shiny!!", When you pick a fight?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Water gym leader mentions he has a restaurant to run, you cannot visit the restaurant

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So just out of curiosity, do you just spot Shiny mons in the world now, or is it more "Surprise; It's actually shiny!!", When you pick a fight?

You see them in the wild, don't know if theres a sound for them spawning

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

they're shiny in the overworld
however there's no audio or visual cue in this game unlike PLA or Lets Go, you just have to pay close attention and know what the shiny color scheme looks like

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm quite enjoying Violet, clearly needed another six months to a year to cook but I haven't encountered any dramatic glitches so far. Just the well known performance issues.

Speaking of Shinies, I found my first one in Violet earlier.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Nov 23, 2022

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm thinking about doing an all-pet themed team. Maushold and Houndstone are quite strong, Pawmot is an adorable battle hamster, and Persian is my favourite Pokemon.

ChrisBTY posted:

That's a few generations old. It's so you can EV train a level 100 poke.

You could EV train a level 100 in Gen 1, you just had to deposit it in the PC and then withdraw it again. Some of the old glitched speedruns will do this trick before fighting the Elite Four with their level 100 Nidoking, because the extra stats make a difference in getting some one-shot kills. The live updating of stats after every battle seems new to me.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I was not prepared for how adorable Clodsire is.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Been on a trip so out of the loop; they still haven’t patched the game? Have they said anything about it?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Been on a trip so out of the loop; they still haven’t patched the game? Have they said anything about it?

as far as Im aware: no and no!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wish it had the mechanic in swsh where the map screen (or was it the Pokédex itself? It’s been a while) would tell you there were Pokémon you needed for the Pokédex somewhere as a suggested destination.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wish it had the mechanic in swsh where the map screen (or was it the Pokédex itself? It’s been a while) would tell you there were Pokémon you needed for the Pokédex somewhere as a suggested destination.

Check habitat in the pokedex

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Check habitat in the pokedex

Eh, kind of. It doesn’t tell you if those Pokémon are actually spawning in those areas right now though like swsh did.

I’m pretty sure swsh would also highlight if there were active Pokémon you hadn’t even seen yet out there to be caught so you didn’t have to look up anything externally.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I got the music bug on the elite 4 too :negative:
I’m glad I read the thread though otherwise I would have just assumed it was a lame track.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

History Comes Inside! posted:

Eh, kind of. It doesn’t tell you if those Pokémon are actually spawning in those areas right now though like swsh did.

I’m pretty sure swsh would also highlight if there were active Pokémon you hadn’t even seen yet out there to be caught so you didn’t have to look up anything externally.

They spawn there but you have to go explore, that's what's fun about it

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I ran into a string of ditto raids yesterday so I started going into them with a gallade that had heal pulse, false swipe, dream eater, and one decent attack to gently caress with them.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

they're shiny in the overworld
however there's no audio or visual cue in this game unlike PLA or Lets Go, you just have to pay close attention and know what the shiny color scheme looks like

note that a Pokémon in Let’s Go mode will refuse to attack shinies, so you can also just let ‘em rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Machai posted:

I ran into a string of ditto raids yesterday so I started going into them with a gallade that had heal pulse, false swipe, dream eater, and one decent attack to gently caress with them.

Ha that's good.

The random tera raid button is really handy for just scooping up items you can sell for money and such. I like it a lot and it works quickly and well, which is downright strange.

I need to find out if the auctions work in a particular way or if I should just bid cautiously as is my first instinct.