Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

No Wave posted:

When you say at least six S4 cards, is there a pity for those too?

I'm not getting 6000 tokens btw, neither are most launch players.

Pity timer is 40 pulls for s4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

flatluigi posted:

also looking for a good suggestion of a destroy deck since that's one of the season missions right now (and maybe just a good pointer to where to look up some solid decks in general)

Killmonger accomplished this for me in no time

E: I think marvelsnapzone is popular deck source

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is there a way to share which cards I have? The climb from silver to gold is a lot slower and I'm starting to feel aimless with my deck.

Marvelsnapzone has a shareable collection page, and there's an application that will scan your collection and automatically upload it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

flatluigi posted:

i'm liking this deck a lot, though i feel i'm not getting a lot of use out of angela. any suggestions for a substitute?

This is just about exactly what I played through almost all of pool 2 and into early pool 3. It’s a fantastic deck. Feels good when you go Sunspot/Armor/Storm/Jessica Jones/skip/The Infinaut.

I found the 5-6 flex slots a underwhelming so I experimented a lot. One variation I ran was to wedge the Odin/White Tiger package in. I tried Angela/Wolfsbane with a low curve. The Collector with Sentinel/Cable/Agent 13. A different version with Killmonger and more control cards.

None of the variants felt like a huge difference maker. Sometimes I’d nab an extra win by having the right tech card, others I’d lose cause I had the wrong one.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

flatluigi posted:

i'm liking this deck a lot, though i feel i'm not getting a lot of use out of angela. any suggestions for a substitute? i'm only a few cards into pool 3 and none of them seem particularly like a good 1-1 addition (adam warlock, drax, goose, human torch, maximus, nick fury, quake, and wong, plus season pass black panther and miles morales). shang chi seems like a good idea, though off-curve

also looking for a good suggestion of a destroy deck since that's one of the season missions right now (and maybe just a good pointer to where to look up some solid decks in general)

Odin doesn't work with anything else that you have in that deck but is fun with Jubilee. Odin could work with Black Panther; I think it turns him into a 16 power (4x2 -> 8, 8x2 -> 16).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but:
The way Chavez works is that if she were to be drawn she stays at the top of your deck and you draw the next card. Like it's possible she should be in your opening hand but sits on top of your deck until Turn 6. So, it is more likely she will get Yondu'd than any other card in your deck. Likewise, since you have Jubilee there is a much higher, but not guaranteed, chance that Jubilee with consistently drop Chavez. If you are fine with that, cool. Given that you have Infinaut, though, you have a much lower chance of wishing Infinaut into play simply because of the presence of Chavez.

vvvvvv Thanks!

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 23, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Jubilee doesnt do top card of deck any more. She used to but she pulled chavez so much it got boring. You for sure want chavez in every jube deck because she increases odds of having T4 jube and she is a good enough pull.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So I just snatched some fine defeat from jaws of victory, for a mere 4 cubes.

Had the classic Wong + White Tiger + Odin stack set up, dropped Odin in... And I didn't realize the first card in that row was Carnage, who got re-activated by Odin.

("Why did you even have Carnage in that deck?" The game gave it to me and spawned some juicy raptors on that row.)

Megazver fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 23, 2022

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Just pulled Hela as one of my first Pool 3 cards (along with Agatha, Sera and Hellcow). Ran a fairly basic discard deck. A big downside is the potential to discard Hela if you pull her early, but earlier I managed to have a turn where:

Hela summons Odin in lane to win a location
Hellcow discards two cards
Odin triggers, causing Hela to re-summon those two cards, winning the other two locations

It’s RNG as gently caress but when it works it feels like cheating

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Coq au Nandos posted:

Just pulled Hela as one of my first Pool 3 cards (along with Agatha, Sera and Hellcow). Ran a fairly basic discard deck. A big downside is the potential to discard Hela if you pull her early, but earlier I managed to have a turn where:

Odin triggers, causing Hela to re-summon those two cards, winning the other two locations

wtf those pulls. f you!!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Coq au Nandos posted:

You definitely need ghost rider to make a hela deck work, but Colleen is also good

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

No Wave posted:

:hmmyes:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

No Wave posted:

If it’s any consolation I am losing consistently with all of these cards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This game is funny because no matter whose pulls I see I will be jealous of them. And I've had good pulls! (I legit think collector tokens are lame btw I think it's fun like this)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man my Wong/Jubilee/Odin/White Tiger deck has been so great. I was down to final turn and losing but had wong & white tiger down, put down jubilee who pulled odin and bam. Pure luck, lol.

Sometimes things like having wong and odin and mjonirs with a couple thors on the board comes in handy too but that takes a long time to resolve all the boosting. Felt bad once as I had crushed a guy with that and it still had about 4 boosts to go

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I pulled Arnim, so now I'm trying to climb with an Arnim/Dino build (although the location favours Zoo and Patriot a lot, so those are options). Pretty fun to just be playing some jank, then Dino, then copy, and getting the W.

I did get destroyed by an Ultron deck but theme's the breaks, sometimes they have it and you don't. Should've retreated tbh

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I've checked just to see and at CL 661 I've got:

Adam Warlock, Death, Electro, Falcon, Kingpin, Magik, Magneto, Mysterio, Patriot, Rock Slide, Ronan, Taskmaster, Wong.

I should be a little more adventurous, perhaps, I've only really tried Adam Warlock, Electro and Wong so far.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

No Wave posted:

This game is funny because no matter whose pulls I see I will be jealous of them. And I've had good pulls! (I legit think collector tokens are lame btw I think it's fun like this)
It was fun in Pool 1 and 2. Now I'm CL 780-something and in the odd position of having to maintain that that's really not as high as it sounds, because I don't have poo poo yet. I'm already on to only one cache every 12 levels and no Hellcow, no Hela, no Zola, no Death, no Ghost Rider, no Wong, no Doom...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Megazver posted:

I've checked just to see and at CL 661 I've got:

Adam Warlock, Death, Electro, Falcon, Kingpin, Magik, Magneto, Mysterio, Patriot, Rock Slide, Ronan, Taskmaster, Wong.

I should be a little more adventurous, perhaps, I've only really tried Adam Warlock, Electro and Wong so far.

Kingpin can really gently caress up people's poo poo with Magneto, but it's a little bit telegraphed and also inconsistent. You also need Aero to make it sing. Death belongs in any Destroy deck and Taskmaster fits most places you can cheat out an Infinaut or big-rear end Venom.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think the problem at higher levels/pools is a lack of variety. Like, I have a couple viable decks and can switch them around, but once I pick one there’s generally a very set of conditions I need. I’ve mainly been doing my Wong deck and if everything comes together it’s a guaranteed win, but I need everything from turn 3 on to be very specific or I will lose

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I’m currently at CL 480, and waiting to jump into Pool 3 until I have some credits to get a few pulls. Should I try to jump up to 500 before the update, or stay where I am?

Any fun Pool 2 decks? I’m hovering around Rank 45 right now.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I Love Topanga posted:

I’m currently at CL 480, and waiting to jump into Pool 3 until I have some credits to get a few pulls. Should I try to jump up to 500 before the update, or stay where I am?

Any fun Pool 2 decks? I’m hovering around Rank 45 right now.

No reason to do that, they’ve said you get the tokens whenever you hit 500.

Moon girl + dino is the go to pool 2 combo but if you go back a few pages the turn 6 zoo and also the vision deck I posted are good for pool 2.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Thanks for confirming. I’m playing Moongirl, Dino with Vision deck now and doing okay. The turn 6 zoo shot me through 20s and 30s. I was wondering if there was any other hotness I was missing with all the Pool 3 chat. I seem to be playing against a lot of move decks and destroy decks.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah I play a move deck and have been hovering in the 60's. I want to have jank not master plans

it does feel like if I can't get two out of Vulture / Multiple Man / Kraven. my power economy can't compete with the Moon Girl / Dino or Sunspot / Infinaut decks

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I Love Topanga posted:

Thanks for confirming. I’m playing Moongirl, Dino with Vision deck now and doing okay. The turn 6 zoo shot me through 20s and 30s. I was wondering if there was any other hotness I was missing with all the Pool 3 chat. I seem to be playing against a lot of move decks and destroy decks.

Destroy decks are popular right now, I think because of the Season quests.

I should mention I've come up with a late pool 2 / early pool 3 Zoo list (!) that seems to be at least Killmonger/Destroy-resistant.

The List:

1-cost
• Iceman - A 1-drop that disrupts the opponent, sometimes badly. Surprisingly good. Drop him when you got him.
• Squirrel Girl - Great in zoo because of her many squrrels. A way to spread power across the board.
• Nightcrawler - He's just good. Along with Squirrel Girl, a way of sneaking into locations you shouldn't be in.
• Sunspot, Ant-Man - Your two aces. Be judicious when playing these lest they be sniped, and protect them as soon as you can - or play them after you have protection down (Armor, preferably, but also Cosmo). Good copy targets.
• Elektra - A tech 1-drop. Usefulness may vary. I was briefly thinking of replacing this with The Hood (!) of all people (you buff away the -2's drawback, or play him on a location that gets rid of him, then the demon is a 1-drop later)... I should try that.

2-cost
• Angela - Good when playing many cards, which we do.
• Armor - One of the key techs of the deck. Put your high-value 1-drops behind Armor! Alternately, if the opponent gives signs of running a Destroy deck (they have Bucky, Nova etc. out), then play Armor on the to-be-destroyed lane and wait for the inevitable reaction.
You should always try to play Armor ASAP if you can't get a read on the opponent's archetype or none of the above conditions are met. You never know what could happen...

3-cost
• Cosmo - The other key tech. This shuts down destroy decks, Elektra, various other unpleasant things to face. It's an alternate way to grant protection to your 1-drops, though it's not as good as Armor.

4-cost
• Ka-zar - The build-around. He and Blue Marvel are the core of the deck. Consider playing him late so he can be copied if he arrives the same time as...
Moon Girl - This is the 'secret sauce' that gives the deck flexibility. By itself, a Ka-Zar deck can run out of cards or have its minions chewed on by Killmonger, but this allows comebacks by holding 1-drops or Ka-Zar, copying them, and playing everything in your hand in the late game.
(Also, I suspect it confuses the heck out of opponents, as Moon Girl usually indicates an oncoming Devil Dinosaur.)

5-cost
• Blue Marvel - The other build-around. Not as flexible as Ka-Zar but you can do the same kind of copy shenanigans. And he's a good card.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 24, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Quackles posted:

so it turns out quote is not edit

I originally created this deck because Vibranium Mines is new, but it works surprisingly well even if the mine doesn't show up (though the mine helps vs Killmonger as well).

Quackles fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 24, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is Klaw a trap? i get got by him a surprising amount of times on ladder and i think he'd be a reasonable pick to sub into my deck i posted upthread. mostly just thinking about play patterns of getting people in unexpected ways + trying to work around play patterns involving locations i can't play or move cards to. might just be a 'i need more cards from pool 3' situation and i should just evaluate my future pulls

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

flatluigi posted:

is Klaw a trap? i get got by him a surprising amount of times on ladder and i think he'd be a reasonable pick to sub into my deck i posted upthread. mostly just thinking about play patterns of getting people in unexpected ways + trying to work around play patterns involving locations i can't play or move cards to. might just be a 'i need more cards from pool 3' situation and i should just evaluate my future pulls

I have Klaw in a deck with Spectrum and they work pretty well. It helps that both are easy to not see coming. I do think Klaw needs the right deck to work, though.

That list:

• Ant-Man
• Iceman (not an Ongoing but still messes up opponents anyway)
• Armor (purely for Ongoing synergy)
• Colossus (ditto)
• Lizard
• Mister Fantastic
• Captain America or The Punisher
• Cosmo (be careful not to play Spectrum or Rescue here!)
• Rescue (not Ongoing but Warpath sucks and I don't have Omega Red, so I needed something to fill the curve out. And Rescue is pretty good with playing a 5-drop at the same location)
• Klaw
• Professor X
• Spectrum

For a slightly lower-curve version, I was previously playing both Captain America and The Punisher, and had dropped Professor X. I encourage you to experiment.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

flatluigi posted:

He seems good to me as a 5/10 in a meta where people drop prof x and storm all day, as you noted. Maybe someone better than me can explain why he’s bad other than you can only really play him left or middle.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I got to Rank 70! I want to get as high as I can this season but this makes me happy!

I do want to make a discard deck. I do own both Hela and Ghost Rider so they are the important pieces. Currently don't own Moon Knight or Black Cat. Any deck suggestions?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

two wongs make a right

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Waffleopolis posted:

I got to Rank 70! I want to get as high as I can this season but this makes me happy!

I do want to make a discard deck. I do own both Hela and Ghost Rider so they are the important pieces. Currently don't own Moon Knight or Black Cat. Any deck suggestions?

Hell yeah congrats.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleopolis posted:

This is mine but I'm sure it has room for improvement
code:

# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Black Cat
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Hela
# (6) Odin
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Opopanax posted:

code:
# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Black Cat
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Hela
# (6) Odin
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut

What do you do if you discard Hela?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Couple nuggets re the impending update:

They are aiming for early next week to update
The CL threshold for the token gift doesn’t lock until you actually update your app
You can play without updating for “2-7 days”

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

buffalo all day posted:

No reason to do that, they’ve said you get the tokens whenever you hit 500.

Where'd you hear this? It sounded like a one-off on patch day.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Vulpes posted:

Where'd you hear this? It sounded like a one-off on patch day.

From the discord - only the 500 CL gift is permanent though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Coq au Nandos posted:

What do you do if you discard Hela?

That's what Ghost Rider is there for

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wow, kazaar into ultron is a blowout. wish i'd known that was a thing before

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Opopanax posted:

code:
# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Black Cat
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Hela
# (6) Odin
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut

Thanks! I went with Swarm instead of Ghost Rider

So far it's running well! I went with Spider-Woman instead of Odin, is that a bad idea?

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flatluigi posted:

wow, kazaar into ultron is a blowout. wish i'd known that was a thing before

Now put Blue Marvel in between them