Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleopolis posted:

Thanks! I went with Swarm instead of Ghost Rider

No you didn't. loving liar :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hit 51, which is probably enough for tonight. glad i've found a deck i enjoy playing

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I thought Invisible Woman was a meh card until I got Wong.

She's ongoing so she pairs well with Spectrum/Wong combos and she also allows you to hide what you're doing. The current location is crazy for it too since it can dump 1 cost 4 damage ongoing rocks into your hand so you can litter the field with a few rocks, hide Wong/Spectrum and snap when you drop Spectrum. suddenly those rocks are 1:8.

Invisible Woman also helps negate the problematic parts of Ebony Maw. The only hard rule is he has to be down before T4. You can drop him behind IW and still play 2 other cards there.

For building ranks, it's hard to beat KaZoo decks honestly. Real bread and butter workhorses, especially if you can build it to have no 6 power cards to leave yourself open to drop a shitload of 1 costs. Plus by revealing what your deck is later, you are less likely to have to deal with a Killmonger since most of his uses are well before you start really dropping your swarm (as in swarm of 1 cost cards not swarm of swarm cards). It's not the most fun to play but it is efficient.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Opopanax posted:

No you didn't. loving liar :colbert:

Lmao I meant Swarm instead of Moon Knight.

I also went with Spider-Woman instead of Odin. Is that's a good idea?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Quackles posted:

Destroy decks are popular right now, I think because of the Season quests.

I should mention I've come up with a late pool 2 / early pool 3 Zoo list (!) that seems to be at least Killmonger/Destroy-resistant.

The List:

1-cost
• Iceman - A 1-drop that disrupts the opponent, sometimes badly. Surprisingly good. Drop him when you got him.
• Squirrel Girl - Great in zoo because of her many squrrels. A way to spread power across the board.
• Nightcrawler - He's just good. Along with Squirrel Girl, a way of sneaking into locations you shouldn't be in.
• Sunspot, Ant-Man - Your two aces. Be judicious when playing these lest they be sniped, and protect them as soon as you can - or play them after you have protection down (Armor, preferably, but also Cosmo). Good copy targets.
• Elektra - A tech 1-drop. Usefulness may vary. I was briefly thinking of replacing this with The Hood (!) of all people (you buff away the -2's drawback, or play him on a location that gets rid of him, then the demon is a 1-drop later)... I should try that.

2-cost
• Angela - Good when playing many cards, which we do.
• Armor - One of the key techs of the deck. Put your high-value 1-drops behind Armor! Alternately, if the opponent gives signs of running a Destroy deck (they have Bucky, Nova etc. out), then play Armor on the to-be-destroyed lane and wait for the inevitable reaction.
You should always try to play Armor ASAP if you can't get a read on the opponent's archetype or none of the above conditions are met. You never know what could happen...

3-cost
• Cosmo - The other key tech. This shuts down destroy decks, Elektra, various other unpleasant things to face. It's an alternate way to grant protection to your 1-drops, though it's not as good as Armor.

4-cost
• Ka-zar - The build-around. He and Blue Marvel are the core of the deck. Consider playing him late so he can be copied if he arrives the same time as...
Moon Girl - This is the 'secret sauce' that gives the deck flexibility. By itself, a Ka-Zar deck can run out of cards or have its minions chewed on by Killmonger, but this allows comebacks by holding 1-drops or Ka-Zar, copying them, and playing everything in your hand in the late game.
(Also, I suspect it confuses the heck out of opponents, as Moon Girl usually indicates an oncoming Devil Dinosaur.)

5-cost
• Blue Marvel - The other build-around. Not as flexible as Ka-Zar but you can do the same kind of copy shenanigans. And he's a good card.

Hi hello. I used this to brew a mid Pool 2 deck (I'm missing a few of the powerful 1 drops), and it's extremely sick. This owns so much, and Moon Girl let's me keep up with Dinos no problem. Thank you, gamer. 🫡

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good to feel validated, I've been running moon girl in my Kazar; I had no idea it was a sneaky mix up, I just wanted both more cards and the subtle ability to clone buffed cards.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I finally cracked pool3 and had some very uncommon-for-me video game luck and got Sera as my 5th unlock (Adam Warlock, Black Bolt, Crystal, Falcon, Human Torch, Viper are the other pool 3s I’ve pulled). Currently running this control deck and mostly kicking rear end at rank 44 and cl 564 but if anyone sees any obvious improvements, I’m all ears.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXJuYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPa295ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJTaW5pc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRm9yZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCaXNob3AifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Basically, playing on curve the first few turns and dominating a lane and getting established in at least one other lane, then dropping sera on t5 into playing 2 of killmonger/shang-chi/enchantress on t6 to steal at least one lane they thought they’d won.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
what card do i need for me to be good at this game

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Reek posted:

credit card

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Reek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xJKk6N9-ts

From the last Ben Brode game, not this one, but still.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
well, that was a terrifying deck from my opponent

colleen wing, nakia, morbius, iceman, dracula, sword master, moon knight, apocalypse, and america chavez (idk what the last one would be)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

flatluigi posted:

well, that was a terrifying deck from my opponent

colleen wing, nakia, morbius, iceman, dracula, sword master, moon knight, apocalypse, and america chavez (idk what the last one would be)

infinaut prolly
or gambit, lady sif, something like that

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
yogg-saron added when

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I have Electro and Psylocke... Is there potential for a extra energy/cheat deck using them?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Banjo Bones posted:

I have Electro and Psylocke... Is there potential for a extra energy/cheat deck using them?

Try Jubilee and big bois (Spider-Woman, White Tiger, Odin, Hulk, etc.).

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Quackles posted:

Try Jubilee and big bois (Spider-Woman, White Tiger, Odin, Hulk, etc.).

Enchantress with electro is good for shutting off the 1 card restriction too

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

LightReaper posted:

Enchantress with electro is good for shutting off the 1 card restriction too

Oh, that's clever. You'd still have to make the most of your last two turns, but I could see something like a Cerebro deck focused around 4-drops making hay with that...

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I got Wave, too, no Death yet though. Are there cool combos you can do with her?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Bloke gets me with a classic Hobgoblin switcheroo.

I respond with Jubilee, who summons Odin.

Hobgoblin returns. Jubilee triggers again. Hela time.

Now he has a Hobgoblin in one lane and Infinaut in the other.

I love this lovely deck.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

^burtle posted:

two wongs make a right

Had a match a few minutes ago where the first location was the "Fill your hand with random cards"
Ended up getting like 3 Wongs from that.

Sadly, I was running a Kazoo deck that doesn't have much On Reveal besides Iceman and Korg.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Banjo Bones posted:

I got Wave, too, no Death yet though. Are there cool combos you can do with her?

Wave 3, Onslaught 4, Mystique 5, Wong + Hazmat 6. You may not have much on the board, but you win every lane where your opponent has more cards.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Banjo Bones posted:

Wave 3, Odin on wave 4 (11 power total), another 6 drop on 5, whatever on 6. Messes with a lot of decks too because they can't get their plays rolling

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
About to go on tilt for the number of times I’ve filled up The Raft on the left location… only to get Giganto. what the gently caress ben brode

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Nybble posted:

About to go on tilt for the number of times I’ve filled up The Raft on the left location… only to get Giganto. what the gently caress ben brode

I want to fill up a Raft with Beast as my last card some time. Noone will see it coming.

Speaking of tilting, I lost two cubes to the Attilan shuffle forever bug today. Shuffle takes 9 years, I draw my three (including Dino), and the locations get tallied up, I get "Escaped!", and lose two cubes. Not the end of the world, but annoying in the moment it happened.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nybble posted:

I think I'm coming around on Nightcrawler as one of the best general purpose 1-drops even if your deck doesn't care about movement; Raft is one of many locations where he's super handy -- you can move him in to fill it up when it's revealed or move him off after you've filled it to play a card that will get you points there

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nybble posted:

Venom and Carnage are friends of the Raft.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

goferchan posted:

I think I'm coming around on Nightcrawler as one of the best general purpose 1-drops even if your deck doesn't care about movement; Raft is one of many locations where he's super handy -- you can move him in to fill it up when it's revealed or move him off after you've filled it to play a card that will get you points there

Yeah, nightcrawler is a great utility card. Play him with Angela then move him to make room for someone else so that she gets a 4th buff, stick him in places you can't normally play cards like Sanctum Satorium or Deaths Domain. Put him on Shuri's Lab then move him off to make room for someone else.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

cirus posted:

Wave 3, Odin on wave 4 (11 power total), another 6 drop on 5, whatever on 6. Messes with a lot of decks too because they can't get their plays rolling

That sounds awesome, I'll try this.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

Yep and compare him to vision, who also rules and belongs in lots of decks even though he is under statted as a 5/7 - you don’t pay any cost for nightcrawler’s ability

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Venom and Deadpool as 2 of the most recent cards I opened... think the game is trying to tell me something?

I never did much with the self-destroy type of decks, are they any good? I'm at almost 900 CL and my rank is around 73.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lol I just lost to a turn 1 sunspot and a turn 6 infinaut and nothing else

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

uXs posted:

Venom and Deadpool as 2 of the most recent cards I opened... think the game is trying to tell me something?

I never did much with the self-destroy type of decks, are they any good? I'm at almost 900 CL and my rank is around 73.
I would love Venom in my Deadpool&Taskmaster deck. I actually "win" a lot with Deadpool, but when you tuck a 20 Power Deadpool into your hand on T5 they bounce 100% of the time. Also you tend to get Armor'd a lot. Most of the cubes come from people not expecting the Taskmaster followup.

I find it the most fun one to play though.

EDIT: For reference I'm 980CL and Rank 101

MissMarple fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 24, 2022

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I think we're finally starting to see what the real business model of this game is. It's not about selling cosmetics. It's about selling priority access to the newest cards which will gradually become cheaper to obtain as time passes.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

BoldFace posted:

I think we're finally starting to see what the real business model of this game is. It's not about selling cosmetics. It's about selling priority access to the newest cards which will gradually become cheaper to obtain as time passes.

Yeah that's what it looks like.

Let's see what ol' Jeff Hoogland has to say... he has a new video out about getting a full collection and how much time and money it costs.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I mean I'd really rather not ever hear what hoogland has to say about anything

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

flatluigi posted:

I mean I'd really rather not ever hear what hoogland has to say about anything

Sure, but his calculations are interesting.

Seems like he's assuming that all pool 5 and 4 cards will go down and eventually end up in pool 3, and that this rate will make it so that the amount of cards in pool 4 and 5 will always stay the same. So F2P will always be behind by a fixed amount of cards.

We'll have to see if that's true.

Personally I'm not too sure, I can see them keeping Galactus and Thanos in pool 5 for a long time, for example.

(Also getting all cards on release will apparently cost you 500+ bucks per month.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BoldFace posted:

Which is problematic, but only if the cards take too long to drop down. And it's actually not possible to get every S5 card even by whaling, if they're weekly release - it would take up to 30,000 credits a week and you can only buy or earn around 20k.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

uXs posted:

Here's what I've run give or take a few cards (Nakia, Okoye, and Sabretooth I'm all not sure on. If I owned Death she would absolutely be in there.)

# (1) Deadpool
# (1) Nova
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Okoye
# (3) Nakia
# (3) Venom
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Sabretooth
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhZHBvb2wifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWZW5vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FicmV0b290aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRm9yZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9rb3llIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOYWtpYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Got Human Torch as my second pool 3 card. I hate playing against movement decks, but perhaps it is time to become what I have sworn to destroy.

Actually it's not "destroy" as much as "quit" when I see it coming and don't have my ideal hand.

I don't have Miles, but are there any good early pool 3 decks using only pool 2 and Human Torch? I'm seeing some with Storm, some with Vision, some with neither. Not sure exactly where to go, this thread has helped me a lot in this game, I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Fun, Kingpin shenanigans can catch people who don't know about Aero or Magneto off guard. One guy Swarmed my Kingpin lane to prevent that, but more than once I've got the win by one of them on T6.

Also fun: if you have priority playing Aero, Kingpin murders them as they arrive before they have a chance to flip. What was my opponent's plan? No clue! All I know is I ruined it.