Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Side you're looking forward to on Thanksgiving
This poll is closed.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 15 17.24%
Stuffing 32 36.78%
Green Bean Casserole 6 6.90%
Rolls 6 6.90%
Cranberry Sauce 6 6.90%
Sweet Potatoes 8 9.20%
Pies 14 16.09%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the problem with Booger's analysis is that there have been plenty of pampered bitch boys that actually did very well in the NFL, and plenty that have sucked, same with poor bitch boys. no two players have more divergent backgrounds than Wilson and Jamarcus Russell yet both turned out to be lazy shitheads. methinks Booger didn't think this through clearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

epic bacon posted:

the problem with Booger's analysis is that there have been plenty of pampered bitch boys that actually did very well in the NFL, and plenty that have sucked, same with poor bitch boys. no two players have more divergent backgrounds than Wilson and Jamarcus Russell yet both turned out to be lazy shitheads. methinks Booger didn't think this through clearly

I don’t think Booger thinks anything through clearly, but he does like to mash the gas pedal once his brain comes up with anything.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Noted rich kid Patrick Mahomes clearly lacks accountability.

Counterpoint: Jackson Mahomes

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 24, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

Rodgers entering the “Brett Favre texting pictures of his bruises to Peter king” phase of his career.

Well as long as that’s the only thing he’s texting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

epic bacon posted:

This doesnt track with me because everyone is different, though I'm not saying Booger's analysis was amazing or anything, but he didnt say "all pampered rich white kids" he just said "this particular one". Other rich kids not failing doesnt change the fact that Zach Wilson sure seems like a pampered rich kid that *is* failing.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This doesnt track with me because everyone is different, though I'm not saying Booger's analysis was amazing or anything, but he didnt say "all pampered rich white kids" he just said "this particular one". Other rich kids not failing doesnt change the fact that Zach Wilson sure seems like a pampered rich kid that *is* failing.

The cause he ascribed was wealth so it’s perfectly fair to point out that that logic is weak.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The knives are coming out for Zach

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1595763486721806339?s=46&t=CDe3EPNTOPys2Oi8jTowfw

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The gently caress are the Yips

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

A mental thing where you can’t putt a golf ball or throw a baseball to first any more.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ance%20anxiety.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

A more professional way of saying someone is mega-shook and nobody knows why

The takeaway is this is heavily implied to be how it is going forward this year, ie Flacco's the guy if White gets hurt/Zach's staying third-string

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If they had these concerns back in the spring I don't understand why they didn't bring in a better backup.

I guess they thought a competent #2 would exacerbate said yips.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

If they had these concerns back in the spring I don't understand why they didn't bring in a better backup.

I guess they thought a competent #2 would exacerbate said yips.
But Joe Flacco is elite? There is no possible better backup.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

A more professional way of saying someone is mega-shook and nobody knows why

The takeaway is this is heavily implied to be how it is going forward this year, ie Flacco's the guy if White gets hurt/Zach's staying third-string

Yeah barring an emergency situation the talk of it being mechanical and mental from Saleh and LaFleur would indicate that he’s being shut down for the year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ahhh okay thank you for the explanation, everyone.

I’m familiar with them in golf, everyone just follows Papa Nicklaus’ lead and calls em the shakes. I actually prefer the Yips..

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Simone Biles called them the twisties, and when you're flying upside down and suddenly have a mental block it could be very, very bad

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The best and most classic example of the yips is when catchers can’t toss the ball back to the pitcher. This happens a lot more than you might think!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My favorite example of the yips is when Chuck Knoblauch inexplicably forgot how to throw a baseball for like 2 years

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Simone Biles called them the twisties, and when you're flying upside down and suddenly have a mental block it could be very, very bad

I don’t think she came up with that, if I recall the twisties are a gymnastics specific thing where you lose your place mid air and is extremely dangerous.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Benne posted:

My favorite example of the yips is when Chuck Knoblauch inexplicably forgot how to throw a baseball for like 2 years

Jon Lester losing the ability to throw to first is also a strong contender

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This is a good article on Rick Ankiel: a guy who threw a single pitch that was so bad it broke his brain
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/05/the-secret-life-of-pitchers/521415/

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It’s very charitable to call what’s wrong with him the yips when it seems he just actually sucks

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah apparently he's had the yips his entire pro career!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The most lost, in terms of locker rooms

https://twitter.com/e_moore03/status/1595779870772142081

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

epic bacon posted:

https://signature.theplayerstribune.com/jamarcus-russell-nfl-football/p/1

Amy Pole Her posted:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i mean, the loving manning bros.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what a fool. god likely doesn't work hard at all, if real. They are infinitely powerful.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cavauro posted:

what a fool. god likely doesn't work hard at all, if real. They are infinitely powerful.

it’s a really embarrassing mistake to make, theologically

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

yeah i know for a fact god doesn't even lift a finger to poo poo on me. he just relaxes and it comes out gently.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You guys try to catch passes from a white devil for a few weeks before you criticize.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm ready for "touchdown" trevor siemian to lead the bears to nearly three (3) points

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Noted rich kid Patrick Mahomes clearly lacks accountability.

Counterpoint: Jackson Mahomes

It's so weird how much people hate Jackson Mahomes. As far as I know he hasn't done anything all season but hey I don't have Tik Tok so I don't really understand the hate.

All this to say that the rich dad that Patrick has is not the same dad that Jackson has and I'm not sure Mom Mahomes has money on her own. Anyway it's a bad example.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

even weirder was the fanfiction people invented about Patrick being "mad" at his wife and brother for hanging out and having fun

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

It's so weird how much people hate Jackson Mahomes. As far as I know he hasn't done anything all season but hey I don't have Tik Tok so I don't really understand the hate.

All this to say that the rich dad that Patrick has is not the same dad that Jackson has and I'm not sure Mom Mahomes has money on her own. Anyway it's a bad example.

What? Pretty sure Jackson and Patrick have the same parents…

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kiimo posted:

stuff I remember that was “controversial”:

- pouring water on ravens fans

- dancing on Sean Taylor’s memorial

- dumping on a restaurant on social media and the restaurant firing back saying it was just Jackson being entitled because they refused to accommodate his very large party

I dunno anything else about him tho.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Someone find the "wr tweets" tweet

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Water reacts violently with the sulphuric acid that those goblins sweat out of their skin

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I mean dancing on a dudes memorial is kinda lovely

Otoh the memorial was being revealed to distract from bad press about Snyder so maybe that’s what the universe deemed appropriate.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alaois posted:

Someone find the "wr tweets" tweet

https://twitter.com/cdcarter13/status/895632972715626497?s=46&t=AlypCtLe6PRQnQJ-mP4uyA

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ehud posted:

stuff I remember that was “controversial”:

- pouring water on ravens fans

- dancing on Sean Taylor’s memorial

- dumping on a restaurant on social media and the restaurant firing back saying it was just Jackson being entitled because they refused to accommodate his very large party

I dunno anything else about him tho.

ok but what has he done lately other than be a spoiled useless rear end in a top hat? Huh seems pretty unfair without a constantly updated resume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jackson is just an annoying kid who tried to trash a bar on social media. Other than that his biggest offense is being a normal TikTok idiot.

Brittany was pretty vocal and trashy including saying things like “why can’t I just do whatever I want and people leave me alone?” after spraying the crowd with champagne on a freezing night after a chiefs win. It seemed like very few people in that crowd cared but also very entitled in her part.

My favorite in joke was when Mahomes got concussed and she tweeted “I’m fine, we’re fine, Patrick’s fine” in that order.

But they’ve both been pretty non visible unless you count her being a part owner of the KC women’s soccer team and working to get them a stadium which seems like a good thing.