Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

European Super League
AC Milan - Sold 2022
Chelsea - Sold 2022
Manchester United - For Sale 2022
Liverpool - For Sale 2022
Barcelona - Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Double postin'

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1595379345308139521

Lol. It's for him slapping the phone out of that kids hand.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Hard for him to serve a suspension when he won't play in England again

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

webmeister posted:

Hard for him to serve a suspension when he won't play in England again

It's trivial for the FA to request whichever league he goes to honours it. I believe Suarez was finishing out a ban when he moved to Liverpool iirc. Or maybe it was when he left.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's trivial for the FA to request whichever league he goes to honours it. I believe Suarez was finishing out a ban when he moved to Liverpool iirc. Or maybe it was when he left.

iirc it was both

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
is that actually enforceable, or just a gentleman's agreement type thing

because when he inevitably signs for the Qatari All Stars League or whatever, i find it hard to imagine whoever's made the investment will be happy with "oh he'll play in a couple of games, he's currently banned for assaulting a spectator"

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

webmeister posted:

is that actually enforceable, or just a gentleman's agreement type thing

because when he inevitably signs for the Qatari All Stars League or whatever, i find it hard to imagine whoever's made the investment will be happy with "oh he'll play in a couple of games, he's currently banned for assaulting a spectator"

Oh if he goes there then yeah forget it. But if Mendes has a gig lined up at a team in the CL or there's anything to the Chelsea rumour then he'll serve it most likely, obviously in the case of Chelsea.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think when Suarez left Liverpool the ban was enforceable because it was a ban from FIFA for biting at the World Cup so it applied globally, but when he signed for Liverpool the ban was specific to the Dutch FA and didn't affect his eligibility for the PL. I might be misremembering that though.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
yeah you'll have to be more specific regarding the Suarez ban for what offense lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Shrapnig posted:

European Super League
AC Milan - Sold 2022
Chelsea - Sold 2022
Manchester United - For Sale 2022
Liverpool - For Sale 2022
Barcelona - Lol
Some different reasons here but I do think the Super League's immediate collapse is a factor in both Liverpool and Manchester United being put of for sale. Football as we know it is ruined so I can understand them.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Oh absolutely both FSG and Glazers were holding out for the massive super league payoff.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheRat posted:

Oh absolutely both FSG and Glazers were holding out for the massive super league payoff.

100%

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sticksy posted:

yeah you'll have to be more specific regarding the Suarez ban for what offense lol
biting

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ah, i see your problem now

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

ah, i see your problem now

lol

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Wishing Manchester United and their future owner Jeff Bezos all the best

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Liverpool's Sporting Director just quit (effective end of season).

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Liverpool's Sporting Director just quit (effective end of season).
Why

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1595750131789451267
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1595765966402633729?t=hOR4zGlymbUuQJV2WSJeBg&s=19

rut-roh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
How long has klopp got left on his deal? Be interesting to see if he can be arsed overseeing the sort of rebuild Liverpool are going to need in the near future and whether he thinks he'll get the money needed to do it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Couple of years I think.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

How long has klopp got left on his deal? Be interesting to see if he can be arsed overseeing the sort of rebuild Liverpool are going to need in the near future and whether he thinks he'll get the money needed to do it

He just signed a new one in the summer that runs until 2025 I think.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

:bahgawd: BAH GAWD THAT'S ED WOODWARD'S MUSIC

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Make it so.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/appleinsider/status/1595757211271430145

Lmao what?

E: Apparently the origin of this is Luckhurst so it's probably just some shite he made up.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 24, 2022

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mancchester United and Apple Mac???????????????

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Manchester Red Apples

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

iTrafford, surely.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
iPhoning it in

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

iPadded stats

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shame that we won’t get a change to have the iPog

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i hope this happens just because apple wont be able to resist the corporate synergy between manchester united and Apple TV's biggest hit show

yes, you know the one

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

i hope this happens just because apple wont be able to resist the corporate synergy between manchester united and Apple TV's biggest hit show

yes, you know the one

...is Lasso Apple TV?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
It is. They even did lame promos for the USMNT

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

OK Qatar would be the second worst thing

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

vyelkin posted:

yes, you know the one

They already have a deal with the FA for the next season to splice in actual match footage so they're gonna get all Dream Team with it.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Ted Lasso would never have the guts to kill the whole team in a bus crash though

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Mancchester United and Apple Mac???????????????

The prophecy has come to pass

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If you're not going to brutally murder a journalist then why even buy a ckub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oh joy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/24/saudi-government-to-back-private-bids-for-manchester-united-or-liverpool