Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

How many wonderful ones did you end up with?

Ended up at 74.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Arch Nemesis posted:

Ended up at 74.

Nice haul!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nice turkeys.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

99)Ducktales Remastered

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

23. The Case of the Golden Idol

I saw all the comparisons to Obra Dinn in this thread and went in with high hopes, and I can understand the comparison but it does fall short of that admittedly very high bar. It was a little too handholdy with the way it guided you through each puzzle, but at the same time a few of the stories had so many blanks it was difficult to work out what they wanted you to put in. The clues in the scenarios also felt very "gamey" compared with Obra Dinn, where everything felt very organic and real, and I found that took me out of things whenever I noticed it.

It also crashed at one point and corrupted my save, and the game's given solution was to link to a google drive with save files up to the end of each chapter so I could replace the corrupted one, which I found funny.

I'm glad that people are taking inspiration from Obra Dinn with these kinds of games and even if this one isn't the best, it still managed to capture that feeling a little, which is impressive. If you liked Obra Dinn and temper your expectations a bit more than I did, I think you'll enjoy it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past. Total time clocked of 118 hours and 43 minutes. Absolutely fantastic game, it took 4 and a half hours before I got to see my first slime but I loved every minute of it from then on. The length never dragged since the majority of the story is like a series of vignettes; when the game starts the small island your character lives on is the only one in the world, which is otherwise endless ocean. You find a mysterious tablet that lets you travel back to a certain place and time in the past and discover that there were other islands and continents in the distant past but they were destroyed one-by-one in separate events, so it's got like an episodic structure where you travel back in time to one place, do that place's own separate story to figure out how it was destroyed and how to save it, return to the present to see how things have changed in the centuries since you saved it, and then at some point in that process you get the pieces to put together another tablet to do the same on another island, with the overarching story mostly just a framing device until you start getting towards the end. This structure really kept it fresh for the whole game so I never felt like it was dragging.

Dragon Quest gameplay is as fun as ever, all the 3D models looked great and I liked being able to see your characters in battle. The characters were charming and Maribel is probably one of my favorite companions in gaming history, maybe number one lol. I was constantly mashing the party chat to see what she had to say about everything. Glad to have finished another epic Dragon Quest adventure and looking forward to the next one.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

dragon quest

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

49) Another Metroid 2 Remake (co-op, 100%)

such a sick game

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. Deathloop
11. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
14. Dark Souls 3
15. Helltaker
16. Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2
17. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
18. The Looker
19. Yakuza 5
20. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
21. Vampire Survivors
22. Timespinners
23. Hollow Knight
24. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
25. Bayonetta 3
26. God of War Ragnarok

Very good overall despite how annoying the sidekicks can be with help.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past. Total time clocked of 118 hours and 43 minutes. Absolutely fantastic game, it took 4 and a half hours before I got to see my first slime but I loved every minute of it from then on. The length never dragged since the majority of the story is like a series of vignettes; when the game starts the small island your character lives on is the only one in the world, which is otherwise endless ocean. You find a mysterious tablet that lets you travel back to a certain place and time in the past and discover that there were other islands and continents in the distant past but they were destroyed one-by-one in separate events, so it's got like an episodic structure where you travel back in time to one place, do that place's own separate story to figure out how it was destroyed and how to save it, return to the present to see how things have changed in the centuries since you saved it, and then at some point in that process you get the pieces to put together another tablet to do the same on another island, with the overarching story mostly just a framing device until you start getting towards the end. This structure really kept it fresh for the whole game so I never felt like it was dragging.

Dragon Quest gameplay is as fun as ever, all the 3D models looked great and I liked being able to see your characters in battle. The characters were charming and Maribel is probably one of my favorite companions in gaming history, maybe number one lol. I was constantly mashing the party chat to see what she had to say about everything. Glad to have finished another epic Dragon Quest adventure and looking forward to the next one.

The 7 party is very underrated...Maribel is awesome start to finish, I really like the way Keifer's story is treated, Ruff is a cool dude and Mervin is like having a DQ Hero from a diff game with a speaking role in your own party. Theyre a great team

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
7 rules

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

49) Another Metroid 2 Remake (co-op, 100%)

such a sick game

am2r kicks so much rear end

----------------

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

The 7 party is very underrated...Maribel is awesome start to finish, I really like the way Keifer's story is treated, Ruff is a cool dude and Mervin is like having a DQ Hero from a diff game with a speaking role in your own party. Theyre a great team

Yeah, there's a ton of really good little character moments throughout. Maribel and Ruff consistently having complete opposite opinions on everyone you meet always made me laugh and the relationships between Maribel and the hero's mom and the hero and Maribel's mom were really cute. The ending of Keifer's story really got me too. There were a lot of affecting stories like that too, the ill-fated love story in the herb-growing city comes to mind. Just really great character writing all around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

25. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep secret ending critical mode. My fave KH game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

25. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep secret ending critical mode. My fave KH game

Birth by Sleep ftmfw

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harvestella

I never would have guessed from the Nintendo direct trailer that this particular random farming game would go completely wild into sci fi epic rpg adventure territory but that's what it does. A friend insisted I play it despite my misgivings and she was right, it's amazing.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
39. Call of Duty: World at War (Regular)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous
14) The Hong Kong Massacre
15) Shadwen
16) The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
17) The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
18) The Dark Pictures: Little Hope
19) The Quarry
20) SUPERHOT

I've only beaten the story mode and got a bit over half the achievements so far, as it's getting a bit late. It's a fun game, although it's very short. I'll probably finish unlocking the endless mode arenas tomorrow, I think (unlocked a couple, but there are still a bunch left)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

25. Octopath Traveler

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

new pokemon snap. good but i wsh it were a bit shorter, kind of goes on too long before youre into pure score attack stuff

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

100)Spring Falls

I was hoping that my 100th game would be something big or interesting, but nope, just a relaxing little puzzle game. It was a nice experience, a solid B. Reminded me a lot of Wetris or Aqua Aqua.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Plebian Parasite posted:

100)Spring Falls

I was hoping that my 100th game would be something big or interesting, but nope, just a relaxing little puzzle game. It was a nice experience, a solid B. Reminded me a lot of Wetris or Aqua Aqua.

you had full control over this

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

symbolic posted:

you had full control over this

My bathroom isn't yet outfitted for playing Arkham City on the shitter.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

100)Spring Falls

Grats! It's a big achievement.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

100)Spring Falls

Nice one! Still over a month left though - any plans for hitting additional milestones? :D

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Nice one! Still over a month left though - any plans for hitting additional milestones? :D

I mean, no reason to stop now right? I got a gameplan for the IZGC redo week, gonna see if I can crack the top 10 for trophies, or at least pick up a platinum.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I mean, no reason to stop now right? I got a gameplan for the IZGC redo week, gonna see if I can crack the top 10 for trophies, or at least pick up a platinum.

Hell yeah, I have faith in your gaming prowess! I'll have to do a better job keeping a eye on the IZGC goings-on myself, now that you've mentioned it... I haven't been doing a good job of it, lately. Good luck with bagging a plat!

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

congrats on the 100. that alone merits a plat

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wont congratulate him until he has beaten a wonderful 101 games

----------------

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Wario Land

It's supposed to be the best virtual boy game, but it's definitely the worst of the Wario series. People need to stop picking game club games that make my eyes bleed.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Pokemon Red

Charizard, Mr. Mime, Machamp, Tentacruel, Jolteon, and Aerodactyl

42.2 Pokemon Red (150 Pokemon).

A friend played through Blue while I played through Red.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ArfJason posted:

wont congratulate him until he has beaten a wonderful 101 games

101) Virtual Boy Wario Land (Normal, all treasures, clear time 2:23)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

101) Virtual Boy Wario Land (Normal, all treasures, clear time 2:23)

2 minutes 23 seconds? thats well above the par

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

25. Virtual Boy Wario Land (Normal, all treasures)