Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have only just started playing this yesterday.
It feels so 'snappy' to play and rounds are quick!

I do not have many cards (certainly not any like I saw in decks on the last few pages) so I am guessing the more I play the more other parts of the game I unlock? It certainly does not feel like one that is all about monetisation right now either.

Also almost everyone I am playing (I am level 11) is doubling the cubes every round but doing it on turn 5 when I am controlling 2 of the locations and most likely going to have a victory. Is this a tactic to scare me? It is a tad confusing.

Also how does it determine wins if each of you control one location and the third one is level? I have just had two of those round ends and one was a victory and one was a loss and I am not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

VideoGames posted:

Also almost everyone I am playing (I am level 11) is doubling the cubes every round but doing it on turn 5 when I am controlling 2 of the locations and most likely going to have a victory. Is this a tactic to scare me? It is a tad confusing.

Also how does it determine wins if each of you control one location and the third one is level? I have just had two of those round ends and one was a victory and one was a loss and I am not sure why.

Until rank 30 you are only going to face bots. Don't be too concerned about snapping early or late yet.

If you each win a location but are tied at the third, it looks at the power difference at the locations. Did you win that one location with a surplus of 10 power and did your opponent win the other with 9 more? Congratulations, you won.

Edit: Have an example of a game that did lead to a tie, because there was no difference.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 25, 2022

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

Until rank 30 you are only going to face bots. Don't be too concerned about snapping early or late yet.

If you each win a location but are tied at the third, it looks at the power difference at the locations. Did you win that location with a surplus of 10 power and did your opponent win the other with 9 more? Congratulations, you won.

Edit: Have a visual example of a game where I won with a single point difference.

Oh really? They have realistic sounding names and are no longer just the heroes names. That is kind of cool - I genuinely thought I was playing real people now. :)

And thank you, that makes sense. I cannot remember the numbers in the previous rounds but I am fairly sure the one I one had me in the 50s for my power level compared to under 10 at one of the locations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You're welcome. I edited that post just now, because I didn't see that screenshot was actually an example of a tie at the end. Math is hard :shobon:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

You're welcome. I edited that post just now, because I didn't see that screenshot was actually an example of a tie at the end. Math is hard :shobon:

Ha! No problem, I struggle with the numbers too. Probably not the best for a game dealing with numbers, but the rounds are so fast I do not mind!

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

team overhead smash posted:

I really want green goblin just so I can drop him on bar sinister every time it appears.

I don't have green goblin but I once cable'd him from my opponent and then played him on bar sinister and they rage quit

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

God dammit collector caches, I don't want variants of poo poo I already have, I want new cards.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

the_steve posted:

God dammit collector caches, I don't want variants of poo poo I already have, I want new cards.

Give me varients! Anything but pixels!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Think I just had the luckiest game I'm ever gonna have:

When you highroll with a Deadpool deck you really loving highroll, to say nothing of pulling an 0 cost Hulk out of the Raft at the same time.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 25, 2022

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Oh you can definitely have weird stuff happen with a Deadpool deck

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Quackles posted:

If you want to progress quickly but have a less flashy collection, buy mission refreshes.

If you want to have a flashy collection and are content with your current rate of progression, buy variants.

I bought the variants.

Aren't variants also important for progressing collection levels, especially if a variant of a card you use a lot any way?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

KazigluBey posted:

Aren't variants also important for progressing collection levels, especially if a variant of a card you use a lot any way?

You can take advantage of the fact that your first card upgrade costs 25 credits for a level as opposed to the general 50 credits but paying 700+ gold for that privilege is a terrible deal,

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Each variant you buy is 1 "free" collection level. 720 gold of refreshes is 18 collection levels.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

No. All cards with gray borders can be thought to be worth 25 credits. As far as progression goes, spending 700 gold for 25 credits is not a great deal.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Played a Spectrum on Luke's Bar which temporarily powered down my Warpath and prevented him from getting destroyed by opponent's Shang-Chi. I am a loving golden god

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

KazigluBey posted:

When you max out a card to "Infinite" rarity it splits off and gives you a new common copy with an additional cosmetic effect; you'll never run out of cards to upgrade.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Are you sure they're snapping every time? In addition to snaps, the cubes double on the last turn if the game makes it that far regardless.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

KazigluBey posted:

Your cards prestige once you max them out. That gives you a grey framed, duplicated card with a special effect on it. So you could grind collection levels entirely with one card I suppose.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Vulpes posted:

It's not an exploit, it's a mechanic. You can't return a card to your hand when your hand is full. What did you expect to happen?

Destroy the Card, but that’s a Hearthstone mechanic I might have expected here. That said, not going anywhere when the location is full is consistent with other move mechanics in the game. Gonna have to keep that in mind when i see it next

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
I got real people immediately at rank 11. They are extremely stupid, like hopefully four year olds playing, but they are real.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Yea, “you only face bots before rank 30” is like patently false at this point. You will still face a lot of bots though.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

goferchan posted:

When you max out a card to "Infinite" rarity it splits off and gives you a new common copy with an additional cosmetic effect; you'll never run out of cards to upgrade.

Donnerberg posted:

Your cards prestige once you max them out. That gives you a grey framed, duplicated card with a special effect on it. So you could grind collection levels entirely with one card I suppose.

OOOOOO, this I didn't know, cool cool

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Silynt posted:

Yea, “you only face bots before rank 30” is like patently false at this point. You will still face a lot of bots though.

I think this was true for the first season to bootstrap people past rank 30, and then everyone would be down ranked in the next season by 30 levels.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Quinjet + Moongirl is amazing

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sometimes, the stars align

Small note, their T6 play was Jubilee mid (they had BP), who brought Arnim, who destroyed BP.

I opened Ultron yesterday and he seems to be what the Patriot deck really needed. Thinking of moving the top end around a bit, dropping Abomination for something else, maybe putting Doom back in, but it seems alright so far (except I rarely want to play Squirrel Girl)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gently caress, just had 3 games in a row where the opponent Killmonger'd my Kazoo deck because I couldn't draw Armor to protect them.
And then in the third one, just to twist the knife, they hit my Kazar/Blue Sentinel/Onslaught space with Enchantress.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

the_steve posted:

gently caress, just had 3 games in a row where the opponent Killmonger'd my Kazoo deck because I couldn't draw Armor to protect them.
And then in the third one, just to twist the knife, they hit my Kazar/Blue Sentinel/Onslaught space with Enchantress.

That's what the turn 6 one drops dodge, it lets you have your stuff spread out, and they will generally reveal first so Killmonger is unlikely

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Serperoth posted:

That's what the turn 6 one drops dodge, it lets you have your stuff spread out, and they will generally reveal first so Killmonger is unlikely

How do I do that and still get Onslaught on the field? I know there are +Energy cards like Electro and Psylocke, but Electro would shoot that in the foot as well due to his drawback

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_steve posted:

How do I do that and still get Onslaught on the field? I know there are +Energy cards like Electro and Psylocke, but Electro would shoot that in the foot as well due to his drawback

It’s a good point and you can’t really do both , whichever is better depends on how much killmonger you’re seeing (if it’s lots, the onslaught list doesn’t work that well, as you experienced)

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I was curious…

Force quit the game after ~15 Arnims made it to the right lane and it looked like it switched over to Arnim 2/4 in Bar Sinister.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I’m at CL485, is there any good reason not to keep ranking up?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:slick: Just killed a Hulk Bustered Blade with Elektra. :slick: It was after their snap too

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mattavist posted:

Caches will get quite a bit better when the patch goes live on Monday or Tuesday - they'll have a pity of 40 to hit a series 5 card and will contain tokens instead of boosters. If you can hold your credits until then it would be worth it.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

No Wave posted:

Caches will get quite a bit better when the patch goes live on Monday or Tuesday - they'll have a pity of 40 to hit a series 5 card and will contain tokens instead of boosters. If you can hold your credits until then it would be worth it.

Pity timer is only for s4 just fyi - no timer on s5 cards

Just pulled daredevil, time to lock down some lanes with my boy charles

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mattavist posted:

You'll get your first Collector's Cache at CL 506. I would hold off getting to that point until the patch has hit and you've updated your apps. The chance to get boosters is being removed from those caches and will be replaced by a chance to get tokens, you will definitely prefer that. Holding on to them won't work, those unopened caches will still have the old drop tables.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 25, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
My first consistent deck since hitting pool 3. Still lacks some discard heavy hitters but I'm steadily climbing again:

quote:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sbGVlbldpbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlbGxjb3cifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN3b3JkTWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb3JiaXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTd2FybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXBvY2FseXBzZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhZGUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

A lot of people snap early feeling like they are way ahead and then you drop chavez/apoc with the swarm which can be a pretty good amount of power on turn 6 plus buffing the bishop in play.

Was running Angela and that was working too but I felt like I wasnt getting enough discards for Morbius so I dropped her for Blade for now

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Reek posted:

Angela and that was working too but I felt like I wasnt getting enough discards for Morbius so I dropped her for Blade for now

RIP Angela, another victim to a Morbing 😔

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Of course right after I post I do this

If I had a dollar for evertime I read disabled as doubled I would be buying so many variants

Really thought I was making a big brain play here playing swarm on Bar With No Name to buff bishop into a tie and dropping a 12 bomb morb on them

:negative:

suction
Jul 17, 2009
Is it possible to play multiple accounts on Steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Reek posted:

Of course right after I post I do this

If I had a dollar for evertime I read disabled as doubled I would be buying so many variants

Really thought I was making a big brain play here playing swarm on Bar With No Name to buff bishop into a tie and dropping a 12 bomb morb on them

:negative:

The most embarrassing thing about that is that Onslaught's Citadel is also on the board, and even has a doubled Ongoing in it.