Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
wow you guys are all way off, David Staples told me the only thing the Oilers need to go back to being a contender is for Markus Niemelainen to start playing the way we know he can in top 4 minutes. Oilers are just missing that physical presence on the 2nd pairing.

**wow I get to set the discussion topic for the entire page! alright guys, are the following teams break out contenders or are they frauds?

Seattle
Dallas
Winnipeg
NY Islanders
Detroit

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Starsfan posted:

wow you guys are all way off, David Staples told me the only thing the Oilers need to go back to being a contender is for Markus Niemelainen to start playing the way we know he can in top 4 minutes. Oilers are just missing that physical presence on the 2nd pairing.

**wow I get to set the discussion topic for the entire page! alright guys, are the following teams break out contenders or are they frauds?

Seattle
Dallas
Winnipeg
NY Islanders
Detroit

All frauds. Also St.Louis.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars were frauds last time they made the finals and I'm loving here for it again.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
the Oilers are worse than they were last year and they weren't built well last year either. it's cool

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Back 2 back covid cups beating Dallas and then the mighty Habs

Tampa are the true frauds

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

The Dirty Burger posted:

They even had to cheat to do it!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

should be noted that while Tampa Bay are clearly true frauds, both of those finals were enabled by the actual greatest fraud team of all time making GBS threads the bed, the Pete DeBoer led Vegas Golden Knights

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Starsfan posted:

Seattle
Dallas
Winnipeg
NY Islanders
Detroit

Frauds
OK
Frauds
This year's Stanley cup champ
Frauds

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Iodised QQ posted:

Frauds
OK
Frauds
This year's Stanley cup champ
Frauds

DRIVE FOR FIVE BABEY!!!

Stars have looked very good though

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

the Oilers are worse than they were last year and they weren't built well last year either. it's cool

They were flawed but had the offensive talent once they signed Kane to hide those flaws and Smith+Skinner gave them good goaltending. This year Campbell stinks and they are missing a lot of goal scoring with Kane and Yamamoto being hurt.

Also Keith was better than Kulak or Murray or Niemelainen which Jesus Christ I want Duncan Keith back???

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

My literal exact same response

:hfive:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Took a look at the point leaders today, and wasn't expecting to see Jason Robertson tied for second with Draisaitl. Is the Frontenacs curse over?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1596145799997845506

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The “event level of the arena?” The hell does that mean? Is it now spawning higher level aquatic monsters than were originally in the event?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the one day where I’m able to see the defending Stanley Cup champion Colorado Avalanche at a good hour on a day off and it’s postponed…

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hockey is the event and the level is the ice surface and locker room areas. So either the ice got hosed or locker rooms did.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Twin Cinema posted:

Took a look at the point leaders today, and wasn't expecting to see Jason Robertson tied for second with Draisaitl. Is the Frontenacs curse over?

It's just building up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

Hockey is the event and the level is the ice surface and locker room areas. So either the ice got hosed or locker rooms did.

drat. We all laughed at Arizona having locker rooms curtains in a random hallway, but who's laughing now?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

drat. We all laughed at Arizona having locker rooms curtains in a random hallway, but who's laughing now?

Us. We're laughing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
WTF is with the 8PM start time for Sabres games?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Arivia posted:

The “event level of the arena?” The hell does that mean? Is it now spawning higher level aquatic monsters than were originally in the event?

I think the event level is the floor where the ice / dressing rooms / service areas are.. presumably if the water main break on one of the upper levels they could still hold the game I guess.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Hand Knit posted:

It's just building up.

So, you are saying there is no hope for Shane Wright?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Probably for getting Canadians across the border.

Not sure what the %is now but use to be like 15% or something of season ticket holders were from Canada

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Twin Cinema posted:

So, you are saying there is no hope for Shane Wright?

There's plenty of hope for Shane Wright. Many people have managed fulfilling careers after hockey.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

xzzy posted:

I saw some reporters saying the water in the locker rooms is 3 feet deep, and water for the level fans enter in is 1 to 3 inches deep

fermun fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 25, 2022

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/1596210208224980994

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

That's cool and I guess this was unfortunately predictable that they would have had time to have these ready, but is there some hosed up locker in the equipment room that no one wants to look at that has a bunch of these just in case?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bruins set a NHL record, 12-0-0 at home to start a season. Pretty good

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Just realized that this Nashville postponement means Dallas gets to play rested Colorado on the road tomorrow night b2b

As per usual everything works out to screw the Stars

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

pseudodragon posted:

That's cool and I guess this was unfortunately predictable that they would have had time to have these ready, but is there some hosed up locker in the equipment room that no one wants to look at that has a bunch of these just in case?

I can guarantee you there is, or at least the graphics are worked out and statements prepared well in advance. Place I work at has a whole hopper of material ready to go for when our notable elderly donors or former presidents etc. pass on.

Pretty much any large public-facing org involved with wealthy or famous people is gonna do the prep work to make sure that when the unfortunate happens they can respond in a timely fashion without mistakes.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lol at having a hockey rainout

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Koopa Kid posted:

I can guarantee you there is, or at least the graphics are worked out and statements prepared well in advance. Place I work at has a whole hopper of material ready to go for when our notable elderly donors or former presidents etc. pass on.

Pretty much any large public-facing org involved with wealthy or famous people is gonna do the prep work to make sure that when the unfortunate happens they can respond in a timely fashion without mistakes.

Tragedy today as former president Gerald Ford was eaten by wolves

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I picked a hellavu Caps game to go see live, where the hell has this team been all season?

Dominating defense? Check!
Kuznetsov sick career highlight goal? Check!
Ovi PPG one time from the office? Check!
DK shutout? Check!

Was so loving loud and packed and I probably got Covid now, but gently caress me that was an amazing game

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/bradytrett/status/1596258910989856768?s=46&t=2JLTgEAEk-1RwHbSgvxFJQ

This rules, add the Eichel hat trick against Buffalo and it’s been a good year for revenge games

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Youfuckedup.jpg

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1596254017881051143

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Starsfan posted:

Just realized that this Nashville postponement means Dallas gets to play rested Colorado on the road tomorrow night b2b

As per usual everything works out to screw the Stars

I look forward to the refs just preemptively calling a minor penalty on the Stars before the game even starts just because they "felt bad vibes" or some poo poo. It's the logical progression to how they call Stars games, I think.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

mcmagic posted:

Someone suggested the other day that TNT wanted an exclusive window for their afternoon game. Columbus also starts at 8, which is unheard of.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

God, I'd have stroked out on the spot if I were the Flames coach and saw that play develop.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/bradytrett/status/1596258910989856768?s=46&t=2JLTgEAEk-1RwHbSgvxFJQ

This rules, add the Eichel hat trick against Buffalo and it’s been a good year for revenge games

I yelled when this happened.

Also, I hope the Habs get a decent return for Monahan at the trade deadline. It's the right thing to do with an expiring contract during a rebuild but... man, I'm really liking him on the team :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJ/Preds has also been postponed

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1596309001968443393?t=BbI3O4XPoBNtCwU0lXRuSg&s=19

Unless it happened with Brian Engblom when I was only occasionally watching in 05-06, I believe this is the first time a Columbus color analyst has missed a local game for a national one.