Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/11/21/company-behind-mods-delayed-ajax-programme-pays-80m-dividend/

Amazed this thing hasn't been scrapped a long time ago. It would have been more effective to steal BMP-1s from Iraq.

isn’t this the thing which basically cripples it’s crew just by driving it for five minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yup. Causes severe hearing damage and back pain.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

isn’t this the thing which basically cripples it’s crew just by driving it for five minutes?

It has achieved its primary goal of filling the bank accounts of capitalists.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Reinventing the Bob Semple Tank but somehow less functional and waaaaaay more expensive.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol i guess we can just park them next to one of those aircraft carriers that can’t go anywhere then

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/georgegalloway/status/1595881740320575488

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

George Galloway is an innocent ordinary man running for office.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
England vs. USA tomorrow

I have to be at work, but my BiL promised to yell drunken insults at the TV for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zeroisanumber posted:

England vs. USA tomorrow

I have to be at work, but my BiL promised to yell drunken insults at the TV for me.

if USA wins you guys have to officially become our colony, right?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

become???

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kecske posted:

become???

Officially become. Like, we know that there's probably a guy from DuPont that your government has to run all their decisions by in secret, but if we beat you at soccer the DuPont guy gets an official title and a seat at the center of the House of Lords.

Also you have to start calling it soccer

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the English came up with the name soccer!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the winner today gets to bring home the Scepter

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Or sceptre.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I don't care about james bond

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ArmZ posted:

the English came up with the name soccer!!!
yep. and then they tricked the americans into promoting it

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

baby jesus in heaven please make england lose

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i'll take it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm rooting for a tie because that'll make everybody unhappy

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

a tie is a win for the US

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

i'll take it

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Apparently it was a massive turd of a football match, glad I didn't watch it. I hope iran beat USA though!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Maya Fey posted:

a tie is a win for the US

Any American who says a tie is a win will be reported to the HUAC

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

CancerCakes posted:

Apparently it was a massive turd of a football match, glad I didn't watch it. I hope iran beat USA though!

same. that would rule.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

Any American who says a tie is a win will be reported to the HUAC
fine by me. but it really is

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Epic High Five posted:

congratulations

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

That online crimes bill is just making racism and transphobia protected speech no

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Anyone who calls rugby rugger is a oval office and that's basically the same as calling football soccer

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Welp, I'm told it was a dog of a match so I guess I didn't miss out on much...

...except for my dad making Thanksgiving sandwiches for the match. Those are the best sandwiches.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Encouraging self-harm to be criminalised in Online Safety Bill

I guess the MPs have gotten tired of getting told to get in the sea on Twitter.

Article19Group posted:

The harmful communications offence (section 150), which criminalises sending a message if there is a ‘real and substantial risk’ that said message would cause harm (defined as psychological harm amounting to at least serious distress) to a ‘likely audience’, and the sender intended to cause such harm, and there is no ‘reasonable excuse’ (namely the intention to contribute to a matter of public interest) for sending the message.

The false communications offence (section 151), which outlaws sending a message that the sender knows to be false, that the sender intends to cause ‘non-trivial psychological or physical harm to a likely audience’ and for which the sender has no ‘reasonable excuse’.

The wording of both these offences is much too broad to comply with international standards on freedom of expression. We further note that criminalisation should be reserved for the most serious forms of speech-related crimes and that criminalising speech that could cause psychological harm without even the requirement of any actual harm to the victim is extremely problematic. Indeed, the harmful communications offence can effectively criminalise speech merely for being offensive or provocative. The false communication offence, for its part, goes one step further – it does not even include a likelihood of ‘harm’ occurring and it will be up to the prosecuting authorities to define what ‘non-trivial psychological or physical harm’ means. The Bill exempts ‘recognised news publishers’ from liability in both the harmful and the false communications offence – again making an unjustifiable distinction between traditional media and other actors.

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Nov 27, 2022

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1596794163764527105

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Is this like that bit in The Thick of It series 4 where Nicola Murray insists that her party agrees with the government to show they too can make difficult choices?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ah so we're going to dangle the carrot of "you can have your pay rises *after* we've fixed the budget" in front of people

Wonder how well that will go

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nikicaga/status/1597323499172872192

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That one who quit to bang a MILF was better.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gripweed posted:

That one who quit to bang a MILF was better.

Wasn’t he an avowed Nazi

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The one who was murdered by the others tbh

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jel Shaker posted:

i like how only one out of the 67 comments barely acknowledges it as a product of an fully captured american colony

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
England and Wales now minority Christian countries, census reveals

Data shows Leicester and Birmingham have become UK’s first ‘minority majority’ cities in new age of ‘super-diversity’

Meanwhile, 37.2% of people – 22.2 million – declared they had “no religion”, the second most common response after Christian. It means that over the past 20 years the proportion of people reporting no religion has soared from 14.8%.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/nov/29/leicester-and-birmingham-are-uk-first-minority-majority-cities-census-reveals
gonna be a lot of racist tears about this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
gov removed a few provisions from the online safety bill that would let them label legal content as harmful and ban it without making any laws, guardian runs with: