Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1596151024707772416

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Not real unfortunately, Simon Rowntree is a gimmick poster and the Forest Echo is a fake paper.

I meant the microphone eating tbh but yes i was aware the 9/11 thing was as hitpost

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hoskins_(poet)

Early in 1638, when attending assizes, "a massive country fellow trod on his toe"; gangrene set in but, despite an amputation, he died in August that year, aged 72.

Mad props to that absolute country unit.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Apraxin posted:

he's not included in that list, i guess because he's still techincaly 'missing' but there's only one real contender imo, also maybe my favorite introductory wiki paragraph of any person's bio

Yeah he's further down the page in the "Members of parliament Who Disappeared" section. There are eight of them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Imagine if they all showed back up during the hung parliament a few years back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

If only she'd recently been in a position of power with the capability of fixing this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

not sure how a power bottom can fix a hospital

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not sure even the towering intellect of Liz Truss could build a new hospital in 44 days.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

I meant the microphone eating tbh but yes i was aware the 9/11 thing was as hitpost

Ah sorry I misread.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol work now asking me to do illegal acts regarding allowing works without permits/risk assessments all because they decided to do it past the last minute and didn't want to come in because of strikes.

I loving am done.

e: PHE is getting an anonymous email tomorrow

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 25, 2022

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Sorry Liz, there's no magic money tree.

(:ssh: There actually is a magic money tree, just ask Baroness Bra.)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the magic money tree is a redwood

first name john

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Good to see the tories finally doing something REALLY sensible to crack down on immigration.... (for the avoidance of doubt, this is a sarcastic comment).

https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-mulls-crackdown-on-foreign-students-to-reduce-immigration-12755125

quote:

Rishi Sunak is considering a crackdown on foreign students after net migration reached its highest level since the Second World War.

blah blah blah

Critics have warned, however, that universities could go bankrupt and British students could face higher tuition fees as a result.

Professor Brian Bell, chairman of the government's Migration Advisory Committee, told Today on BBC Radio 4: "Most universities for most courses lose money on teaching British students and offset that loss by charging more for international students.

"If you close down the international route I'm not sure how the university continues to survive."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The inevitable result of obsession with net migration numbers and the foreign hordes that are stealing are jobs and culture by studying for 3-4 years and then going back home.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

the magic money tree is a redwood

first name john

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFP5MjUuzsg&t=16s

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly I suspect the reason migration is being the number one topic right now is Keith et al cynically jumping on the anti-Sunak racism and choosing to pick a subject that he cannot win on since he can't exactly pretend to be nativist.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
I'm not an expert like Richie Rich of course, but surely "foreign students" are One Of The Good Ones? They've got to be net money into the country? THEY COME OVER HERE and pay money in rents and tuition and such to the hedge-funds-with-education-as-a-side-hustle institutions, plus, the population is small and well-behaved and if they have any sense, mostly bugger off after 3-4 years or so?

What's his angle? Desperation?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
All harks back to the ridiculous promise of net migration in the 'low tens of thousands' without explaining to people exactly what net migration is and what most migrants are doing.

Every migrant is three Zulu jihadis and net migration is because all the whites have left, and nobody in power wants to challenge that perception.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Only Kindness posted:

What's his angle? Desperation?

immigration polls badly with focus groups

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Apraxin posted:

he's not included in that list, i guess because he's still techincaly 'missing' but there's only one real contender imo, also maybe my favorite introductory wiki paragraph of any person's bio

chilling with that one Australian PM

e: it doesn't beat balloon guy but I appreciate the mp who got goon in a welled

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 26, 2022

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My supermarket delivery was scheduled for between 9pm and 10pm, then I got a text alert to say the driver was running an hour late.

It's gone half eleven. Am I safe to go to bed?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lady Demelza posted:

My supermarket delivery was scheduled for between 9pm and 10pm, then I got a text alert to say the driver was running an hour late.

It's gone half eleven. Am I safe to go to bed?

Do they have a helpline? Normally they can connect you to the driver.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Tesseraction posted:

Do they have a helpline? Normally they can connect you to the driver.

That closed at 11pm.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

:eng99:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
That well known bastion of truth and certainly not been done for libel several times, the JC - ahem - claims:

https://www.thejc.com/news/news/children-chant-massacre-jews-song-at-north-london-school-3PhICML3MzCLam4xjXz3vr

quote:

An Iranian propaganda video in which dozens of children sing a song that references an apocalyptic myth about massacring Jews was filmed at a school just 15 minutes’ walk from the New London synagogue in St John’s Wood, a JC investigation has revealed.

In the video, shot earlier this year in the playground of the Islamic Republic of Iran School (IRIS) near Queen’s Park station, the children sing about joining 313 mythical warriors in a conflict against the infidels, when (according to the present Iranian regime) Israel will be obliterated and Jews killed.

etc

Yes, it does need investigation to find the truth of the matter.

Here's a bit of my investigation:

This is the song in question with English subtitles. It's boring so I didn't watch it all but it just seems to be about the origins of Shia Islam and who they believed was the true inheritor from the prophet with some hints that the current Ayatollah is a true descendant. Can't find a simple text of the English translation anywhere so maybe someone who speaks Persian ITT can give it a whirl?

https://iranpress.com/content/60332/english-version-song-hello-commander-performed-london

More about it here:

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/473059/Hello-Commander

Oh and the JC have contacted Jezza for comment :rollyeyes:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 26, 2022

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Surely it would be easier at this point to hit the net migration numbers by paying citizens to leave.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Oh and the JC have contacted Jezza for comment :rollyeyes:

GERMINGLY CRUBBLINS :argh:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Apraxin posted:

Not a MP, but Prince Fredrick was mortally wounded by a cricket ball.

Quite the turning point. If he lived to inherit instead of his son George III, Pitt remains in power for another couple of decades. War starts up with France again soon over the Corsica issue and the colonists don't rebel any time soon because Pitt's in favor of clearing out the natives from the newly won territories and giving the colonials nominal representation (the former is much more important to the colonial elite who had greatly invested in land speculation).

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 26, 2022

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

https://twitter.com/CrispianWheldon/status/1595591829252194305?s=20&t=fY6cbinkQapEOWYc_XIUTg

I would absolutely love it if the good people of Holborn & St Pancras launched a trigger ballot and pushed to deselect Starmer. It would be massively cathartic to see the guy brought down by his own underhanded methods.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Rarity posted:

If only she'd recently been in a position of power with the capability of fixing this

To be fair she was there for about 5 minutes. She'd barely have had time to read the memo.

Edit: and re Starmer, if the CLP tried that they'd just be suspended by the NEC. Not going to happen, unfortunately.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 26, 2022

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Good to see the tories finally doing something REALLY sensible to crack down on immigration.... (for the avoidance of doubt, this is a sarcastic comment).

https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-mulls-crackdown-on-foreign-students-to-reduce-immigration-12755125

Firstly, it is mental that students are counted as immigrants - most of them go home after they've finished, obviously enough (over my wife who came over here to do her PhD, let a veil be discreetly drawn).

Secondly, having been to her university quite a few times, yes it is quite heavily dependent on people from China. Stop them coming and the place goes bankrupt within a week.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LondonEconomic/status/1596448180706709507

:allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"My ex-wife's Turkish I didn't want her whole family coming round" :allears:

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Tesseraction posted:

interesting time to do the JOG to Land's End challenge

Nah we were down there a couple of years ago. Certainly more to see.

I'm in thermals, with a coffee and a small heater in a small space and I'm almost sweating. Just been outside in 11⁰C wind and it's bearable. Layer up, folks.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

feedmegin posted:

To be fair she was there for about 5 minutes. She'd barely have had time to read the memo.

Edit: and re Starmer, if the CLP tried that they'd just be suspended by the NEC. Not going to happen, unfortunately.

Suspending your leader's local campaigning and recruitment organisation is not entirely without risk, of course.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

feedmegin posted:

A Recall Ballot doesn't require the CLP's involvement - you just need to get enough signatures on the street.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Suspending your leader's local campaigning and recruitment organisation is not entirely without risk, of course.

Couldn't he just parachute himself into another seat?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SimonJonesNews/status/1596414229418237952

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Depressingly high ratio of cunty comments in the replies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Rarity posted:

"My ex-wife's Turkish I didn't want her whole family coming round" :allears:

Sure showed me - here was I thinking people were voting against their own interests. This guy's got it all figured out!

The lesson here is that if you have a problem with gnats, don't get some bug spray, just drop a nuclear bomb on them.