Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bike tory posted:

I hate to inform you all that cars might actually be cool and good now

https://i.imgur.com/PZdwECL.mp4

I haven't seen a donk in ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

silicone thrills posted:

Like how the gently caress could you pull an assault charge for spitting on a car unless people see the car as an extension of themselves.

Car rights > pedestrian rights. Pedestrians are the lowest of the low. Untermensch. Weirdly enough in Texas, gun rights > car rights, so there are a few recent cases of cars trying to murder pedestrians and cyclists, and the pedestrian lights up the car. In every case I read, the driver was arrested. I think the shooter called the cops first or something. Very normal that I should carry a gun to go for a stroll.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Minty_2022/status/1596082017556316160

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mister Speaker posted:

Finally he handed me back my ID and said "OK, you got lucky, but listen: There are people in this city who would beat your rear end for doing that." And I thought drat, true, a life lesson from a pig. And then he leaned in a little bit closer across his passenger seat and said "Matter of fact, if you did that to my car, I'd put six loving rounds into you."

Did he have an old service revolver in his glovebox or do TPS really have the trigger discipline to squeeze off exactly six rounds?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Incredible improvement. Now the cars are trying to kill adults as often as children

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Something to tell your kids about before they transition and never speak to you again.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

silicone thrills posted:

People who see cars as like an extension of themselves blow me away. A friend of mine who I used to think was pretty cool - I told her about the time as a pedestrian someone turned right into my leg and hit me and I slammed my fist down on their hood to get them to stop - and she was like "wow I would have been pissed and slammed on the gas for that" and I was like "welp guess we arent friends any more what the gently caress"

Like how the gently caress could you pull an assault charge for spitting on a car unless people see the car as an extension of themselves.

But of course ramming into you is not the same and how dare you threaten to kill me when I threaten to kill 5 different people everyday on the way to get coffee

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Greg12 has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Aug 29, 2023

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://komonews.com/news/local/child-shot-interstate-5-tacoma-washington-shooting-investigation-state-patrol-road-rage-gun-violence-crime

Car brain strikes again. Jesus christ.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

silicone thrills posted:

Look its cheaper to make this plastic bag that someone might use 2 times ever than this cotton bag that you can use basically forever. checkmate.

I'm on year 16 of using the same like 4 bags for all my grocery shopping

I am doing the same. I even got the bags for free. In Finland you have to pay for plastic bags. Instead of spending hundreds for plastic bags, I’ve spent no money at all!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Greg12 posted:

go to jury duty always
you can literally single-handedly free anyone for any reason, no questions asked
especially if they are on trial for daring to bleed on the car someone tried to kill them with

the last time i did jury duty it was an incest case :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Car rights > pedestrian rights. Pedestrians are the lowest of the low. Untermensch. Weirdly enough in Texas, gun rights > car rights, so there are a few recent cases of cars trying to murder pedestrians and cyclists, and the pedestrian lights up the car. In every case I read, the driver was arrested. I think the shooter called the cops first or something. Very normal that I should carry a gun to go for a stroll.

Sadly in Toronto the only thing that has more rights than a car is the statue of Ted Rogers.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Greg12 posted:

go to jury duty always
you can literally single-handedly free anyone for any reason, no questions asked
especially if they are on trial for daring to bleed on the car someone tried to kill them with

You have to make it through jury selection first though, which is designed to weed out people who want to do this. For example, every time I've been in the selection they've straight asked me how I feel about police. One time they asked me if I thought it would be funny if someone threw a plate of spaghetti through a window (the defendant had thrown a plate of spaghetti through a window).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lol. Do you think someone getting HIT in the FACE with a pie is HUMOROUS

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

All of us were like, nope, not funny at all, even though it's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. That was the one case I really wanted to sit through but they struck me of course.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You have to make it through jury selection first though, which is designed to weed out people who want to do this. For example, every time I've been in the selection they've straight asked me how I feel about police. One time they asked me if I thought it would be funny if someone threw a plate of spaghetti through a window (the defendant had thrown a plate of spaghetti through a window).
Massachusetts doesn't have voir dire at least

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Greg12 has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Aug 29, 2023

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

mystes posted:

Massachusetts doesn't have voir dire at least

yes they do

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
It's that time of the year, the rufford ford has flooded again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSRCepCjv9g

(the "long" route, avoiding this water crossing, would have added 3-5 mins to their journey)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I haven't seen a donk in ages

put a banging donk on it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

an actual frog posted:

(the "long" route, avoiding this water crossing, would have added 3-5 mins to their journey)

Every time a car drives through and stalls

"You can't park that there, mate"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Thankfully there is a marvelous invention called "lying."

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Thankfully there is a marvelous invention called "lying."

You can't, it's under oath! They may even have a bible!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
This man's hate for cars. I respect it

https://komonews.com/news/local/man...uspect-arrested

quote:

LYNNWOOD, Wash. — Authorities have arrested a man after he barricaded himself in an auto shop and set part of the building on fire.

Around 5 p.m. Friday, A man entered an auto body shop in Lynnwood and charged at the manager wielding a screwdriver, according to police. Employees in the shop intervened and corralled the man, but he managed to barricade himself in a room full of acetylene tanks, oxygen tanks and welding equipment in the auto shop.

Or it was meth. But I choose to believe it was a pure latent hatred for all things cars.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

an actual frog posted:

this has to be some kind of local ritual of car sacrifice?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
“Rufford” is a little on the nose.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cars kick rear end

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AnimeIsTrash posted:

cars kick rear end

i think you'll find that it's actually feet, which kick rear end

and are also an excellent mode of transportation

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

cars kick rear end

i wish to destroy them

mystes
May 31, 2006

an actual frog posted:

Too many cars are making it through. I hope they get another inch or two of water.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

They need a lot more current in the river. Just wash the cars away.

Or electrical current could work I guess.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

EVs get hosed up pretty good if water gets in them, especially if it's salt water.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

just saw two crashes within a minute of each other in opposite directions on the same section of highway. good work out there, folks

mystes
May 31, 2006

BonHair posted:

Or electrical current could work I guess.
Something like that electrical fish barrier

mystes
May 31, 2006

duomo posted:

yes they do
Oh they apparently changed that in 2015 while I was elsewhere, oh well.

Apr 7, 2003

Big day for wrong way driving too

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Big day for wrong way driving too

I assume there was no collision, that driver is just refusing to turn around on principle?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cars ftw

Apr 7, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

I assume there was no collision, that driver is just refusing to turn around on principle?

Don’t know the specifics but it looks like her airbag deployed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

going to put pfc, cup runneth over, and lobster shirt in my car and drive around town