Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The dual items in a little cave that you can’t interact with happened to me, too. They were gone when I closed and reopened the game. From what I’ve read those are related to the memory leak issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Flopsy posted:

I want to build team of bipedal cats just to piss off the entire community as a whole.

You'd have to go with Purrloin over Liepard.

It wanted to stand up so badly

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

TheDK posted:

when can I buy quickballs?

Town where the psychic gym is has them but they're probably gated by gyms beaten.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tinkaton is my little murder princess, I want to help her crush the world and everyone who lives there

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

I want to build team of bipedal cats just to piss off the entire community as a whole.

Incineroar, Meowscarada, Purrloin, Meowth, Alolan/Galarian Meowth, Perrserker, (Galarian) Sneasel, Sneasler, Espurr, Meowstic, Trubbish, Garbodor...

Plenty of options to pick from

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay what's this 1000 step bullshit to evolve how do you track this

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

Incineroar, Meowscarada, Purrloin, Meowth, Alolan/Galarian Meowth, Perrserker, (Galarian) Sneasel, Sneasler, Espurr, Meowstic, Trubbish, Garbodor...

Plenty of options to pick from

Exactly. Zeraora for extra coverage too.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Is this in the mines north of Levincia? If so, I think I know which cave you're talking about. Try dealing with the titan in the area if you haven't already and then look again, that worked for me.

I like how you all knew exactly what cave I was talking about. Coming back after defeating the titan worked. :shrug: Thanks.

Btw, I'm having trouble finding any new special attackers this gen. Using only new mons and my entire team is physical. It seems like gen 9's Pokemon in general are heavily weighted towards being physical, unless the special attackers are all hiding at the top of the map.

Notty
Jun 4, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Tinkaton is my little murder princess, I want to help her crush the world and everyone who lives there

She is the living embodiment of the proverb “when all you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail”

She’s the greatest.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Wattrel/Kilowattrel are special and pretty solid, especially with volt absorb. My problem was bulk. The only things I had resembling tanks were skeledirge and tinkaton and they shared the same ground weakness.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Metapod posted:

Go to the top of a lighthouse. Throw them out with ZR. Walk in a circle for 5m. Then, while they are still out, level them up with a candy. You can't do it thru autobattle or in-battle levelups.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Metapod posted:

Run around a ton, when you think you're done, one candy and you've won.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A very good ghosty boy :3:

Is there a friendship checker in this game? And an ev and Iv checker? Where are they?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ty yall

Is there a friendship checker in this game? And an ev and Iv checker? Where are they?

You get the iv checker when you beat the main story. The health center nurse will tell you when you first talk to her after beating the game

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Friendship checker is in the city with the water gym, she's standing next to a marill

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Muscle Tracer posted:

Go to the top of a lighthouse. Throw them out with ZR. Walk in a circle for 5m. Then, while they are still out, level them up with a candy. You can't do it thru autobattle or in-battle levelups.

Mine evolved from a battle after I had walked enough steps with her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So I hear that the end of the Titan story spoils the end of the Team Star story a bit if you finish the former before the latter. I already pretty much have an idea of how the latter is going to turn out but how big a spoiler are we talking here?

I was debating which of the two I wanted to finish first since I’ve already decided to save the 8th gym and Elite 4 for last (which just seems appropriate honestly)

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just wandered my way into "The Cave of Level 15-44 lol" trying to find how you get to that gym in the corner. Needless to say tera ghost Houndoom destroyed most of my team before I glanced up at the HP bar and saw the level.

Notty
Jun 4, 2010

Larryb posted:

So I hear that the end of the Titan story spoils the end of the Team Star story a bit if you finish the former before the latter. I already pretty much have an idea of how the latter is going to turn out but how big a spoiler are we talking here?

I was debating which of the two I wanted to finish first since I’ve already decided to save the 8th gym and Elite 4 for last (which just seems appropriate honestly)

I wouldn’t say it really spoils anything, it just does that Pokémon thing of going WINK WINK HINT HINT NOD NOD in a needlessly aggressive fashion.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Larryb posted:

You can get all the dragon-bike HMs and not complete the Titan story.

After the last Titan, Arven asks you to meet him at a specific spot on the map. I haven't done that yet, myself

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HopperUK posted:

Town where the psychic gym is has them but they're probably gated by gyms beaten.

The pokecenter inventory is the same in every location, but you're correct, it expands from gyms beaten. Unless you mean you grabbed them from some other store

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Larryb posted:

As long as you don't completely ignore the Team Star line, it's more like the game's giving you the answer in case you didn't already figure it out. You'll go "oh duh I'm an idiot" instead of "damnit arven."

End game spoiler: it's a time machine, it can exist in several time periods at once. It's in that particular spot for a reason, too, so time may not function there as it does normally. Ancient/Future pokemon may leak into other time periods because of whatever's there to make the time machine possible.

Heliotropical
Jul 19, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All 3 of the starter signature moves are stupid good.

Yeah, Flower Trick for Meowscarada is one hell of a move. It's like they looked at Leaf Blade and thought "what if we take this old junk and have it ignore defense boosts entirely." And then make it never miss for some reason.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Grusha sure talks a lot of poo poo for someone who's lead Pokémon is a Frosmoth

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Heliotropical posted:

Yeah, Flower Trick for Meowscarada is one hell of a move. It's like they looked at Leaf Blade and thought "what if we take this old junk and have it ignore defense boosts entirely." And then make it never miss for some reason.

Once it no longer one-shots everything, Meowscarada's Flower Trick (always crits, never misses) is amazing for dealing consistent damage to pokemon you want to catch that might otherwise be busy bulking up and throwing off your number estimates.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Also finding it funny that my first Rillaboom run in GEN8 and my Meowscarada run in GEN9 are both ending with them knowing

- Signature Grass starter move
- Bread-And-Butter Grass attack (Razor Leaf or Seed Bomb)
- U-Turn
- Knock Off

Starting to become like a fire/fighting starter pattern....

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Hey I have a question.

Why did Game Freak take the menu off of Start? Like, I know this started generations ago, but it was baffling then. Do we know why?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DoctorWhat posted:

Hey I have a question.

Why did Game Freak take the menu off of Start? Like, I know this started generations ago, but it was baffling then. Do we know why?

I think it was just ease of access since start buttons were tiny and the other bigger buttons weren't really being used for much.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I have to say, since my party has been a revolving door this whole game as I've been solidly on my mission of filling out my dex as I play, my one and only consistent team member has been Pawmot. I wasn't expecting to love it so much, but with Nuzzle at a low level and decent bulk/damage output, she's been my catchin' pal for the whole game.

Like I wanted to shift over to Gallade or something for False Swipe and Thunder Wave combo, but I never wanted to give Pawmot the boot.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Baller Ina posted:

If you mean the ones you get 10 of, yes. If you mean the ones you get one of, lol.

Yeah those like the heavy ball. I guess the old Capricorn balls is what you would call them. But that's super wack if you only get one of each

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Larryb posted:

He says that you're going to need help for the next plot beat and says Nemona or Cassiopia can help (but with Cassiopia's real name) because they're so strong. It's goofy but also kind of obvious

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My partner really likes Grusha's scarf and I managed to find reasonable color matches from my usual source for yarn. So now I'm working on drafting up a concept pattern to knit it for him. Most difficult part is going to be the Pokeball on the end of it.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i mean re the team star leader identity penny was already noted to be a genius tech wonderkid when we were introduced, so it didn’t seem too far fetched to me when her name came up. i hadn’t finished the star plot line when i finished the titan path, so i didn’t know her real identity, but i was also p sure she and Cassiopeia were the same person along with being the team star boss.

also i had the e4 music bug. interestingly i did a reset because i wanted to see what would happen if i said “no” in the conversation afterwards and had to battle the e4 champion again. this time the music played properly. i guess it might be related to the memory leak? lol

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

As long as you don't completely ignore the Team Star line, it's more like the game's giving you the answer in case you didn't already figure it out. You'll go "oh duh I'm an idiot" instead of "damnit arven."

End game spoiler: it's a time machine, it can exist in several time periods at once. It's in that particular spot for a reason, too, so time may not function there as it does normally. Ancient/Future pokemon may leak into other time periods because of whatever's there to make the time machine possible.

I can see why leaks were having such a hard time describing the final storyline because nobody seems like they can fully agree on what the gently caress is going on down there. I really hope the DLC clears a few things up.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah those like the heavy ball. I guess the old Capricorn balls is what you would call them. But that's super wack if you only get one of each

Apricorn balls can also be bought in infinite supply at the auction but they’re also by a wide margin the most expensive items in the game, probably running you around 400,000 each. So you’ll have to work for your aesthetics.

The Beast Ball is truly one of a kind, which sucks.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He says that you're going to need help for the next plot beat and says Nemona or Cassiopia can help (but with Cassiopia's real name) because they're so strong. It's goofy but also kind of obvious

But he doesn't straight up say that does he? He doesn't say lets ask Penny for help because, as we know, she is actually this character so we know she is strong

I didn't pay attention because I went to lighthouse after everything else, just that shes possibly strong. They even say shes good at hacker stuff I think so you could logically go "oh he's asking for her because we probably gotta hack into the place, since we're not allowed to go there" and, he would know that even without knowing who she really is. We learn that really early on in the story well before we learn about who she actually is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh I figured out who and what Cassiopia was pretty early on, all I’m missing now is context.

Anyway I’ll probably finish off the Titans first as apparently the last ability you unlock can provide a handy shortcut to the Fighting base

Also you guys weren’t kidding about the Chanseys (though it seems direct combat provides more EXP than using the Let’s Go feature), it also helps that the game gives you a free Lucky Egg upon entering your sixth gym.

Unless someone knows an area with higher leveled Chanseys it seems the best grinding spot is right outside the Fairy base

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 27, 2022

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i did arven first and i don't remember him saying anyone's name, he says something to the effect of "we'll need [orange text]someone who's good at battling and [orange text]someone who's good at hacking

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Larryb posted:

Oh I figured out who and what Cassiopia was pretty early on, all I’m missing now is context.

Anyway I’ll probably finish off the Titans first as apparently the last ability you unlock can provide a handy shortcut to the Fighting base

Also you guys weren’t kidding about the Chanseys (though it seems direct combat provides more EXP than using the Let’s Go feature), it also helps that the game gives you a free Lucky Egg upon entering your sixth gym.

Unless someone knows an area with higher leveled Chanseys it seems the best grinding spot is right outside the Fairy base

How else were you supposed to get to the fighting base? On the complete opposite side of the map, I thought the psychic gym was also gated by the titan quest so I'm dumb. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

How else were you supposed to get to the fighting base? On the complete opposite side of the map, I thought the psychic gym was also gated by the titan quest so I'm dumb. Oh well.

Apparently there’s an alternate route if you can glide:

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-fighting-crew-base-how-to-beat-boss-eri