Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Side you're looking forward to on Thanksgiving
This poll is closed.
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 15 17.24%
Stuffing 32 36.78%
Green Bean Casserole 6 6.90%
Rolls 6 6.90%
Cranberry Sauce 6 6.90%
Sweet Potatoes 8 9.20%
Pies 14 16.09%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
They couldn't even be bothered to get a mannequin, they just used a wireframe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Washington just keeps finding new ways to be embarrassing, it's honestly kinda impressive

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Doctor Teeth posted:

peterman gets another chance and christian hackenberg couldn't even get a single one. just how loving poo poo was he my god

Hack managed to get benched in the AAF. IIRC he's the only QB in that league to be benched for being bad.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The cheapness of some of these mega-wealthy organizations can be unreal

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Unless I was still being paid fat stacks by the lovely team, if I were Taylor's family I'd be on the phone with the lawyers the second I saw that poo poo for a cease and desist.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

haljordan posted:

They just need to build him an exoskeleton

Seeing this on as I’m watching mythic quest It’s wild how far they’ve come

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:chloe:

Mind_Taker posted:

Haha that is so loving tacky and thrown together at the last second.

One element that shows how :effort: they went with this is that the jersey and pants have different manufacturer logos and markings. The jersey is a Nike one with what looks like the flywire collar, which would make it from 2013-2016 (They had a partially red collar when Nike first took over in 2012, and dropped the flywire in 2017), but the pants have the Reebok logo from 2002-2011, which at least would be correct for what they wore when Sean Taylor played...

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly both teams should refuse to play.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man the Washington assholes are incredibly bad at this. Sean Taylor was a pure legend and they didn’t have the respect to do ONE thing that was specific to his style? They put up a brand New Jersey lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
No! No!!

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1596924381263192064?t=INhYr63eAM6yd0QOJUV-HQ&s=19

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nike shirt, Reebok pants, Riddell helmet, Adidas cleats

It's almost impressive how much they half-assed this

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Hack managed to get benched in the AAF. IIRC he's the only QB in that league to be benched for being bad.

lol i forgot about the aaf. that thing collapsed exceptionally quickly. also i had no idea he got benched there lmaooooooooooooooo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
BOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1596926982826360833?t=vIGRfmt-IhVB844Bz1t_bQ&s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's trevor time

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

northwestern BACK

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

Nike shirt, Reebok pants, Riddell helmet, Adidas cleats

It's almost impressive how much they half-assed this

Some quick googling says the helmet and shoes are at least correct. It's got the right facemask, and there's some pictures of him wearing Adidas cleats.

The jersey annoys me the most since at minimum it's from at least 6 years after his death and just reeks of something they had laying around or could get as quickly/cheaply as possible. IIRC, it's been mentioned a few times that the organization had always held off on doing anything to honor Taylor until they absolutely needed something to generate some good will, and that feels like a jersey they had made during RGIII's second year when he was hurt and they might have needed it, only for it to sit in storage for another decade.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fartknocker posted:

Some quick googling says the helmet and shoes are at least correct. It's got the right facemask, and there's some pictures of him wearing Adidas cleats.

The jersey annoys me the most since at minimum it's from at least 6 years after his death and just reeks of something they had laying around or could get as quickly/cheaply as possible. IIRC, it's been mentioned a few times that the organization had always held off on doing anything to honor Taylor until they absolutely needed something to generate some good will, and that feels like a jersey they had made during RGIII's second year when he was hurt and they might have needed it, only for it to sit in storage for another decade.

They didn't even get the cleats right

https://twitter.com/KevinAMolina/status/1596930653781561347

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Jesus Christ.

gently caress Dan Synder

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what happen to deebo

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

edit: god drat it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mystic Stylez posted:

N: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1596858629860343809?t=FQ7N-x7uQHHTqpFP099wMw&s=19

V: he may be kind of a bitch but he's really loving good and consistent

Got it

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1596953973218762752?t=AWXbV_0vEJnBzdv8InpwfQ&s=19

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Zack Wilson on the sidelines watching Mike White look like prime John Elway against the Bears is certainly a thing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gonz posted:

Zack Wilson on the sidelines watching Mike White look like prime John Elway against the Bears is certainly a thing.

lol he would have also looked like elway against the bears

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/andyslater/status/1596953020209958912?s=46&t=6I6jyjVN-mVnyEk1JAVD6w

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So, a cast sculpture is hard to do from just photographs, and Sean Taylor is not available for sittings. But if this is really meant to be a sculpture, well, an abstract wireframe in a static pose is very depersonalized. You can read the wireframe as an artistic statement about, like, the void left behind by his death, but I’m not sure that this kind of “statue” is an appropriate place for that statement; also, a more dynamic pose would have gotten that message across effectively without reading as a mannequin.

If this is just a display of his uniform, a mannequin is appropriate, but they should not call that a statue, and they should really be using actual game-worn equipment, which it sounds like they aren’t.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol he would have also looked like elway against the bears

2022 Elway would look like Elway against the Bears.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

My god this team CANNOT EXECUTE

edit: I apparently CANNOT EXECUTE either.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Which one. do you know what happened to deebo?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

i was just thinking about this and he's easily the bucs all time receiving leader right? like we've never really had a guy we drafted turn out to be this good for this long

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i was just thinking about this and he's easily the bucs all time receiving leader right? like we've never really had a guy we drafted turn out to be this good for this long

Im wracking my brain trying to remember another Buccs wr

Arrelious Benn?????

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Godwin is going to be second in no time too.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No doubt about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1596964301943689216
https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/status/1596965237399621632

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

6 more years of Russell Wilson in Denver.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Get me the mic'd up audio. I hope it has Russ saying "keep riding" or some other cringe poo poo.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wilson's line was 19-35 for 142 yds and 1 touchdown in garbage time. Are they going to bench him yet?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lifespan posted:

Wilson's line was 19-35 for 142 yds and 1 touchdown in garbage time. Are they going to bench him yet?

It rules how much of an albatross that contract is. Worse than Osweiler's.

e: https://twitter.com/DailyBroncos/status/1596997244481568769

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 27, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lifespan posted:

The Broncos have one of the few backups in the league that might actually be worse than Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Alaois posted:

Im wracking my brain trying to remember another Buccs wr

Arrelious Benn?????

yep. i mean Joey Galloway was great for us for a few years but that was at the end of his career. I guess Keenan Mccardell would be the other one.

ok i had to look it up and lmao its Mike Evans then a huge drop followed by Chris Godwin. They already have the top two spots all time for the Bucs