Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Profiles for the new Grassley House Girls

Sabina Fardin: A Third Year Pilot Student who belongs to Grassley House. She is Shaddiq's right hand and assists him with his work both inside and outside the school. She's also currently the 5th ranked pilot student in betting odds.

Renee Costa: A Second Year Pilot Student who belongs to Grassley House. She serves as one of Shaddiq's supporters. She seems bubbly at first, but she's quite black hearted and changes her demeanor with boys and girls. She's currently the 10th Ranked Pilot Student in betting odds.

Ireesha Plano: A Second Year Pilot Student who belongs to Grassley House. She serves as one of Shaddiq's supporters. She's a timid, insecure worrier. She is good friends with Maisie.

Maisie May: A Second Year Pilot Student who belongs to Grassley House. She serves as one of Shaddiq's supporters. She's an overwhelmingly positive thinker who spreads smiles around her.

Henao Jazz: A third Year Pilot Student who belongs to Grassley House. She serves as one of Shaddiq's supporters. The mysterious taciturn type who tries to use her sixth sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm telling you we need a Mobike Suit Gundork show.

IBO had also a dreadnought as a boss.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Guel is so loving rad

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ah Shaddiq is rear end in a top hat Naze.

Buschmaki posted:

Guel is so loving rad

I love him so much.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
so shaddiq's been waiting until the right time to finally go mask off, much like ribbons, huh

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Tekne posted:

What I'm saying is that Suletta's blood is full of microscale bits and funnels.

Do they harden in response to the trauma of piloting a Gundam?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Shaddiq making it clear that he disagrees with his dad about gundams and is trying every way possible to force his way into this new gundam project makes me think that his arc will see him joining the team on more equal terms, and may focus on smoothing out his relationship with Miorine.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

where did they get a big enough green screen

Maybe just turned one of the tactical area walls green, seems like the sort of thing they'd let you do.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
idk if anyone's talked about Delling having Gundams in the OP but I bet he just straight up already has them. Like maybe he just took the Lfrith's and even kidnapped Narbo or something and has just been working on Gundams this whole time. He's already shown himself to be a double-standard lovely dad, and this "weight of the curse of Gundams" poo poo he's always saying makes way more sense if he has a Martyr complex about using Gundams and his whole tyrannical king style of ruling is because he has the sword of Gundamcles hanging over him

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The problem is, Prospera explicitly calls Delling "the man who supressed the Vanadis Incident 21 years ago". That has to be the prologue incident. Also nobody seemed to be mad for working on a Gundam.

It doesn’t have to be anything we’ve seen yet. There’s very obviously a lot of backstory we haven’t seen yet and if you think “eri and suletta are different people” Is a legitimate possibility on the table then you have to accept the possibility that there are other major events and turning points we haven’t seen yet that could become relevant.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sure, but then you have to imagine what Prospera would be more upset about than the deaths of her husband, mentor, and all her co-workers. It would also need to be common enough knowledge that Bel both knows about it and realizes it's what Prospera wants to get revenge for as opposed to the first thing. It's possible but has always struck me as really convoluted.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I said this last week, but to go a little bit further I think if they do come out and say that cryogenics are the reason for the timeline discrepancy that should set off alarm bells because it means we're in for a swerve. Right now "21 years" is a Chekhov's gun, and until it fires be careful around it, ESPECIALLY if they say it isn't loaded…

Arc Hammer posted:

I know it's not the case since someone fluent in japanese could easily verify the number but it would be hilarious if this whole theory crafting thing was due to a translation error or someone on the staff just got their math wrong.

I am a thoroughly mediocre Japanese speaker, but I can confirm that Prospera and Belmeria both say "21 years" when talking about the thing that happened.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want to throw out a different hypothesis for argument's sake that could be hiding in plain sight based on what we've seen. Suletta's an android and is herself another demonstration of GUND-format technology alongside her sister Aerial, demosntrating a full-body AI-driven GUND platform at human scale. We've seen severe/total body augmentation teased several times in those old GUND-ARM medical tech videos (specifically that shot of someone's body showing a fully-artificial torso under human skin), and this could hypothetically go a long way to explaining specifically why Suletta is so inexperienced in everything except piloting Aerial. What better way to work in space than with a fully-synthetic person who won't be affected by radiation and a lack of gravity for prolonged periods?

This is my new favorite theory for what's going on at the show. It fits extraordinarily well with the storyline and some of the themes so far, it does an extremely good job demonstrating what the medical value of GUND-ARM tech can actually be, and it provides a possible explanation for the timeline: Suletta is the full brain upload of/based on Ericht (who might not be around anymore…) who came after the prologue which could explain why the dates don't line up. And as people have pointed out it would also be a really exceptional juke on the part of Prospera: nobody is expecting the real Gundam to be the pilot!

It also kinda fits the opening, in the middle there there is a flash cut between heavy GUND prosthesis, Eri on the Aerial, the bottom half of Elnora's face smiling, and then the two holding hands.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Aerial is literally to be seen as the "Cool Robot" meme by everyone, while "medical enhancements" flies over your head unnoticed.

I would be over the moon if the show pulled this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Yeah I’m on Team Robot Suletta. Team Clone Suletta are fools, Team Cryo Suletta barely deserve mention.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
This is a worrisome point

https://twitter.com/mg45tallgeese/status/1596799028343476225?s=46&t=lWBHi2hRUQRedfdL3nH3Ww

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont think they'll get shrike'd unless they stick around Sarius, which who knows if they are orphans they might do that.

Honestly I'm not so sure whats going to happen with him. They are painting things as Sarius being the anti gundam absolutist, that the rest of the anti-gundam group were doing it for financial/political reasons (not letting earth get such advance weapons). Its pretty interesting.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 27, 2022

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

The one theory I absolutely cannot accept is Second Vanadis Incident. It'd be like if the Delling of the main series was secretly his hence-unmentioned older brother who has the same last name and a very similar face.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Second Impact Vanadis

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fangz posted:

Why is Delling only killing Prospera's husband an improvement on Delling killing Prospera's husband AND Suletta's dad? That way all parts of the narrative connect together. With the Prologue in, we've got Suletta's relationship with her mother as something that was once loving but now manipulative. Turning that into one where Prospera has only seen Suletta as a tool is a pretty big downgrade in terms of narrative complexity. (And contradicts her character in the short story too)

Fangz posted:

It would be really weird writing to have the prologue accidentally make the inference that there will be some crisis point in the core relationship in the show (of Delling killing the MC's Dad) and then just defuse that by having two other characters having a conversation off the side and say the wrong number of years. It'd be like having Anakin die in Ep 3 and it be revealed that Darth Vader is actually a different character, Jedi Master Steve.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Suletta and eri being separate would have made the entire characterization in the prologue loving pointless. They’re the same person and the only mystery there is how, not whether actually suletta is a completely separate person who just happens to look exactly like an aged up version of the completely separate character from the prologue who has an identical sibling relationship with the AI robot from the prologue, which is - coincidentally - almost certainly the same robot, since it’s been hit on multiple times that Prospera simply doesn’t have the resources to build a new one.

I mean, if Eri != Suletta, then perhaps Eri is the person who looks roughly 25-30 years old and who has never been at any point referred to as 'Elnora Samaya', just as Suletta has never been referred to as Ericht Samaya. Indeed, Ericht Samaya being so fallen into the depths of a desire for revenge that she dragged a completely unaware and perhaps unrelated child who loves her and she originally loved into everything is possible. Am I insisting this is true? No, but it has a lot more in-story support than "Suletta is 25 years old but everyone is saying she's 17 because cyrosleep and mind-wipes, two things the story has never hinted at". Also the only good time to spring that sort of twist would be at the end of season 1 so there's time for the fallout to be dealt with in season 2. So yes, you would start dropping much bigger hints about it before 3/4th of the way through the first season if you want to spring it at the most dramatic time.

The show seems to like presenting you with information and letting you make the wrong inferences, such as everyone thinking that it was 13 years since the prologue, not 21. They never said it was 13 years, but you naturally assumed it because Suletta is about 17 and we assume she's Eri because she seems enough like her physically to be her if 13 years had passed.

It's not a certain theory, but it has less holes in it.

Also it's pretty clear that the whole "You don't have resources to build a Gundam" is actually pointing to Prospera having someone she's in cahoots with who does have the resources, as we see she is constantly talking to a mysterious person on the phone who certainly isn't that bodyguard guy. Also... is the Aeriel Lfrith? There's no reason they have to be the same unit, especially since the Aerial is definitely a more advanced unit. She's had the Aerial her entire life, so the Aerial is at least around 9 years old, and its AI is a different version than the Lfrith's, so the only reason why it'd NEED to be the same unit is possibly not there.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Even if it is acceptable in universe, why would Suletta not know about it? This school is very militaristic, in the military the first thing you do is go through a battery of vaccinations and medical exams. Even something as benign as teeth xrays will show she's a cyborg.

And if she did know about it, and is just oblivious about how shocking that is in universe, why make a fuss about Prosperas arm? Oh mom, you and your arm again, I'm like 95% robot.

I don't have any stake in the theory in question and I don't think it has quite enough support to be convincing yet, but I presume it's to reassure her about the Aeriel being a Gundam, as they both use the GUND-Format, and it's probably easier to point to than Suletta's body.

Vizuyos posted:

Isn't it a point against the timeline shenanigans? It's reasonable to assume that the video was made before the technology had been built into enough mobile suits to develop a widespread reputation for killing its users. It means that the 21 years refers to when they started developing GUND Format into heavy machinery, not when the whole project was terminated violently.

In fact, what if the 21-year grudge isn't the slaughter of the Gundam development teams, but rather the GUND developers being forced into weapons development in the first place? Their groundbreaking medical technology being absorbed into the military-industrial complex as a powerful weapon, which was then suppressed simply because it killed its users almost as quickly as the users killed their targets? It wouldn't be surprising if their regrets and resentments went further back than that final bloody day.

This episode drives real hard on two things: the fact that GUND was originally a medical technology whose creators wanted to use it to save lives rather than take them, and the fact that the big megacorporations REALLY wanted to use it for weapons and were willing to use both a big carrot and an even bigger stick to get their hands on GUND weaponry. That conflict is only just now being clearly established, but I suspect it's going to play a big part in the next few episodes, and it wouldn't be surprising if the original GUND developers suffered through that same conflict without having the independence or youthful optimism of GUND-Arm Inc.

Heck, just look at Belmeria Winston. She's continuing to work on Gundams because she sees it as the only way to continue GUND Format development in pursuit of that original ideal of using it to help people...but she's quite visibly unhappy with how she's spending that time turning poor people into guinea pigs who will either die from piloting the Gundam too much or be disposed of when they're no longer useful, all for the sake of helping a weapons company build better weapons. She tries to put it out of her mind, but she's quite sensitive to being reminded about it.

Belmeria is unhappy to work on the Gundams because she's having to do it under jerks who don't care about whether or not the pilot dies and she knows it.

Also the idea that Bel thinks Prospera is apparently entirely uninterested in the death of almost everyone she cares about and instead only cares about the research being stopped is pretty laughable, sorry.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah I’m on Team Robot Suletta. Team Clone Suletta are fools, Team Cryo Suletta barely deserve mention.

I'm not sure what team I'm on out of the first two, or if either are even correct. There's no support for clones in the setting so far, and while we do have evidence of cyborgs, we have no evidence of androids yet. But it is possible that that why it's the twist, as it is a reasonable theory considering all the imagery of the GUND-ARM.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 27, 2022

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/dha_315/status/1596868743669239809?s=46&t=c9xKWtzZ-_q9GSw9hFAPSA

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Artificial Suletta doesn't work with the prequel novel, unless you assume it's utterly misleading.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

SgtSteel91 posted:

I physically cringed when when Prospera was basically gaslighting Suletta about the reason she lied to her about Ariel

This part is doubly sad, because her reasoning is sound, if kinda lovely: "I coudln't let people know it was a Gundam because they might come after us, and I didn't trust you to keep that secret".Makes sense, even if it invites questions about her parenting.

But the moment she started doing the poo poo with her arm, she was going to emotionally manipulate Sulleta to accept whatever she says.And well:

This isn't the face of someone who would ever doubt her mom.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Kchama posted:

Also it's pretty clear that the whole "You don't have resources to build a Gundam" is actually pointing to Prospera having someone she's in cahoots with who does have the resources, as we see she is constantly talking to a mysterious person on the phone who certainly isn't that bodyguard guy. Also... is the Aeriel Lfrith? There's no reason they have to be the same unit, especially since the Aerial is definitely a more advanced unit.

Has there been anything to imply otherwise? I haven't been following much of the merchandizing, so all I know is that there's apparently some other Lfrith model with a different name, but it would be more than a little obtuse for the prologue to hinge most of its drama on Eri bonding with the AI of Lfrith, only to then have Suletta and Aerial with the same unique connection as two completely different characters. Not impossible that they would go that way, but I think it would come off as needlessly convoluted.

And I feel like the "You don't have the resources to build a Gundam" isn't meant to be some big dangling mystery for the audience. If we assume that Aerial is Lfrith, then it's completely accurate: Prospera and Shin Sei didn't have the resources to build a Gundam, because she just showed up to Mercury with one almost completely intact. All they had to do was just repair the missing arm and do some cosmetic overhauling to make it unrecognizable while also working on some incremental upgrades over the years based on any knowledge that she had from working at the Vanadis Institute. The suspicious thing is that Shin Sei didn't have any of the groundwork to make something so advanced, and they never actually did because the Vanadis Institute did 99% of that for them. :shrug:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont think they'll get shrike'd unless they stick around grassley, which who knows if they are orphans they might do that.

Honestly I'm not so sure whats going to happen with him. They are painting things as Grassley being the anti gundam absolutist, that the rest of the anti-gundam group were doing it for financial/political reasons (not letting earth get such advance weapons). Its pretty interesting.

Yeah I was surprised that Sarius is even more Anti Gundam than Delling.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Generic American posted:

Has there been anything to imply otherwise? I haven't been following much of the merchandizing, so all I know is that there's apparently some other Lfrith model with a different name, but it would be more than a little obtuse for the prologue to hinge most of its drama on Eri bonding with the AI of Lfrith, only to then have Suletta and Aerial with the same unique connection as two completely different characters. Not impossible that they would go that way, but I think it would come off as needlessly convoluted.

And I feel like the "You don't have the resources to build a Gundam" isn't meant to be some big dangling mystery for the audience. If we assume that Aerial is Lfrith, then it's completely accurate: Prospera and Shin Sei didn't have the resources to build a Gundam, because she just showed up to Mercury with one almost completely intact. All they had to do was just repair the missing arm and do some cosmetic overhauling to make it unrecognizable while also working on some incremental upgrades over the years based on any knowledge that she had from working at the Vanadis Institute. The suspicious thing is that Shin Sei didn't have any of the groundwork to make something so advanced, and they never actually did because the Vanadis Institute did 99% of that for them. :shrug:

There are three Lfriths in the prologue, the two blue pre-production models and the pink one just called Lfrith. Both of the pre-production types were shot down, but neither were destroyed, and models have been shown of two Gundams, called Lfrith Thorn and Lfrith Ur. We won't get more info until the kits are released and they show up on the show, but notably, thorn and ur are both Norse runes which fits the naming scheme from the prologue (Vanadis, Folkvangr)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Look at the short story. Suppose Prospera is Eri. Then where does the sequence of events in the short story going from Suletta aged 5 to aged 17 come in? Did Eri give birth to Suletta when she was 8 years old? Did 8 year old genius Eri mastermind this plan? Like it's weird that people mentioned that Prospera looks young... and don't for a moment consider that oh, cryogenics would explain that too.

When Suletta was aged 4, Aerial already existed.

quote:

Suletta had been too young to remember living anywhere but Mercury.

So we've already established that she didn't remember. Also confirms that Suletta didn't come from Mercury.

More-over, the short story clearly gives a situation where Prospera starts off being a loving mother who is looked on with suspicion by the Mercury folks

quote:

Mom came to this planet with her daughter, seeking refuge.
People had hidden them, but that didn't mean everyone had been friendly, and some elders had argued for expelling them to avoid trouble.
All you have here are days spent mining for resources while dreading the solar winds. Living like that, it's no wonder Mercury's elders are cranky.
Those words must have had the same effect on Mom. They were her own spell, for a single woman who had to struggle here at Mercury while caring for her young daughter.

But then she climbs the ranks, which leads to being alienated from Suletta:

quote:

Mom has been busier and busier since receiving her promotion, and it isn't unusual for her to be away in the Earth Sphere.
He was originally against the idea of taking them in, and now he's working under Mom after her recent promotion. I can understand his situation, but it's no reason to be mean to Suletta. What a childish old man.
Mom continues to be as busy as ever, going back and forth between Mercury and the Earth Sphere. Every year, she is unable to join her daughter for her birthday.

So here's some problems:

1. If the Suletta/Prospera relationship matters, then it's rather critical whether Prospera has always seen Suletta as her tool or whether she was a "good mother" at a point in the past. If the Prologue is part of Suletta's past, then that's evidence for the latter. The short story also says the same thing. However if the prologue is *not* part of Suletta's past, then suddenly there is no primary material that indicates Prospera *ever* loved Suletta. And yet the short story indicates that intent. Thus, if Suletta isn't Eri, then the show has to actually show that Suletta and Prospera had a similar relationship to Eri and Elnora.

2. There's quite a contradiction between both the capabilities and personality of Prospera when Suletta is aged 4, and what is required for Suletta != Eri to work. Aerial remembers Prospera as a put-upon single mother who is trying to do her best to her daughter. She's not a mastermind, she hasn't made a robot child (who has to get vaccinated, BTW), she doesn't have any mysterious contacts. There isn't a single mention of revenge until Suletta is 16 years old. The Prospera at the start of Cradle Star just doesn't seem like she can build a Gundam from scratch, and also a robot clone child just for revenge. It doesn't seem like she *would*. She's a dirt miner single mom hiding from the law. In fact she had to be made while Prospera was still a fugitive, before she arrived on Mercury. From the short story you can probably localise Prospera's sudden rise in influence to when Suletta was aged 10. (The first time she missed her birthday)

Then you have the lyrics to Blessing

quote:

As you are now thinking of the stars, so remote
You're dozing off to be sleeping through with a thought

You hold old memories; asleep in you
You then were taken afar, so young to this star
As to scoot, holing up as you ran up to me
So, you climbed up in the cockpit and stayed inside
That kid in scenes left in the past, no more to cry
Before I realized, you grew to be powerful

Fangz fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 28, 2022

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
suletta is actually a mobile doll ai, she's in deep role play within the battle nexus

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gundam Build Divers season 3

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

One last thing to point out is that in today's episode Suletta saying "who is she" is not the slam dunk "oh she doesn't remember Cardo Nabo at all" it's being made it to be. Not when you take in the context that she is the only person saying this, while looking at a video that lists her name, after Cardo Nabo already introduced herself! Yes, you can look at this as a terribly on the nose message from the creator again emphasizing Suletta doesn't remember anything before she came to Mercury. However, there could be a very different subtext: Suletta, and Suletta alone is saying this, because seeing Cardo Nabo (and not what Cardo Nabo had to say!), triggered an immediate interest in the identity of this woman. In other words, Suletta saying "who is she", and not "what's this video about" like Chuchu does could actually be a hint that she sees something strangely familiar about Cardo Nabo and wants to know more.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

shaddiq you son of a bitch......

also i thought the implications of a previous space-earth war were p cool, gave me big g gundam vibes :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm pretty content to just react to whatever the writers do whenever they decide to land it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No, only one theory can be right and we must tell everyone we refute their ideas.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fangz posted:

Look at the short story. Suppose Prospera is Eri. Then where does the sequence of events in the short story going from Suletta aged 5 to aged 17 come in? Did Eri give birth to Suletta when she was 8 years old? Did 8 year old genius Eri mastermind this plan? Like it's weird that people mentioned that Prospera looks young... and don't for a moment consider that oh, cryogenics would explain that too.

When Suletta was aged 4, Aerial already existed.

So we've already established that she didn't remember. Also confirms that Suletta didn't come from Mercury.

More-over, the short story clearly gives a situation where Prospera starts off being a loving mother who is looked on with suspicion by the Mercury folks

But then she climbs the ranks, which leads to being alienated from Suletta:

So here's some problems:

1. If the Suletta/Prospera relationship matters, then it's rather critical whether Prospera has always seen Suletta as her tool or whether she was a "good mother" at a point in the past. If the Prologue is part of Suletta's past, then that's evidence for the latter. The short story also says the same thing. However if the prologue is *not* part of Suletta's past, then suddenly there is no primary material that indicates Prospera *ever* loved Suletta. And yet the short story indicates that intent. Thus, if Suletta isn't Eri, then the show has to actually show that Suletta and Prospera had a similar relationship to Eri and Elnora.

2. There's quite a contradiction between both the capabilities and personality of Prospera when Suletta is aged 4, and what is required for Suletta != Eri to work. Aerial remembers Prospera as a put-upon single mother who is trying to do her best to her daughter. She's not a mastermind, she hasn't made a robot child (who has to get vaccinated, BTW), she doesn't have any mysterious contacts. There isn't a single mention of revenge until Suletta is 16 years old. The Prospera at the start of Cradle Star just doesn't seem like she can build a Gundam from scratch, and also a robot clone child just for revenge. It doesn't seem like she *would*. She's a dirt miner single mom hiding from the law. In fact she had to be made while Prospera was still a fugitive, before she arrived on Mercury. From the short story you can probably localise Prospera's sudden rise in influence to when Suletta was aged 10. (The first time she missed her birthday)

Then you have the lyrics to Blessing

I've never once insisted that Suletta is a robot or android or a clone. She doesn't have to be any of these things. She also doesn't have to be Eri's biological daughter. Prospera doesn't seem to care about that sort of thing, as she says Aerial is one of her precious daughters. And at no point did I suggest that Prospera has never loved Suletta. You're inventing a lot of things to argue against that I never suggested, and none of what you suggest argues against me.

The prologue novel does not seem to be from Prospera's point of view, so it's very simple that Prospera could have secret contacts. After all, that's the point of the secret contact. You keep it secret. The line about how her not remembering anything before living on Mercury doesn't really imply that she did, in fact, live somewhere else. Just that when she was 4, four years after the Vanadis Incident, she didn't remember living anywhere else. She could have lived somewhere else for a time, since it's not like it's been confirmed to be an impossibly long trip from Mercury to anywhere else. She goes from Mercury to the academy on a regular ship, no cold-sleep implied. Hell, that would have been the perfect time to make the cyrogenics aspect clear without arousing any suspicion.

And it's not like the Aerial is the Lfrith with the serial numbers filed off. It has been upgraded in a way that people have openly suggested can't be done alone, because it has capabilities beyond the Lfrith, including not killing its pilot. This isn't the suggestion of someone who would be ignorant of the Lfrith either, considering that Bel use to be one of Elnora's close friends and colleagues.

The Prologue suggests that Eri was special and that is why she could activate Permet Score 4 without being injured or worse, but the show suggests that the Aerial is perfected and doesn't harm its pilot anymore, because we see people use Permet Score 4 and suffer in the other Lfriths, while it is the fact that Elan didn't suffer at all that clued him in that Suletta wasn't an Enhanced Human like him.

Also, I never got the sense that Suletta had any recognition or memory of Cardo. Her reaction to hearing about her is of someone who has no clue who Cardo has, not someone who has a glimmer of recognition.

EDIT: Honestly, the most damning thing to the 'cryogenics and mind-wipes' theory is that it's established that the trip between Mercury and the Earth Sphere isn't very long and there's like 8 years of age between Suletta and Ericht. Why was she is in cryogenics the rest of the 8 years?

Arc Hammer posted:

No, only one theory can be right and we must tell everyone we refute their ideas.

Multiple theories can be right! Just that a lot of them are very contradictory of others, like the cyrosleep idea or the "Actually the mentioned-singular Vanadis Incident was actually decades worth of events so that the Vanadis Incident could both happen 21 and 13 years ago simultaneously" one.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 28, 2022

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
My theory is that Suletta is cute but Miorine is cool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm just saying that an incident doesn't necessarily have to be a single moment. An affair can be an ongoing thing but we still refer to it the same if it's a one-time thing.

I'm still firmly in the camp that Suletta and Eri are the same person and that Prospera has done something pretty drat horrible, whether that's cryosleep, memory removal, power of suggestion, or full body prosthesis, or whatever.

And I am being facetious with a few of these theories, but if I'm not clear enough with my deviation between my serious theories and joke ones about grammar and mermaids then I apologize.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm just saying that an incident doesn't necessarily have to be a single moment. An affair can be an ongoing thing but we still refer to it the same if it's a one-time thing.

I'm still firmly in the camp that Suletta and Eri are the same person and that Prospera has done something pretty drat horrible, whether that's cryosleep, memory removal, power of suggestion, or full body prosthesis, or whatever.

And I am being facetious with a few of these theories, but if I'm not clear enough with my deviation between my serious theories and joke ones about grammar and mermaids then I apologize.

We've only literally had one thing referred to as the Vanadis Incident, and that was the outlawing of the Gundams and the massacre of the Vanadis Institute. Trying to extrapolate that this means that everything related to the Vanadis Institute (and we don't actually know if the Gundam deaths were specifically Vanadis Institute Accidents) is the Vanadis Incident is wholly unsupported and just seems like an extreme reach to deny other theories.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It doesn't deny anything, it suggest an alternative. We're extrapolating from what has already been told to us but we can't rule out what hasn't been told yet. We haven't seen all the pieces yet, so while we can make guesses based on what we have, it's not the whole so we can't rule out future revelations.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 28, 2022

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ammat The Ankh posted:

My theory is that Suletta is cute but Miorine is cool.

I call foul on this, Miorine is also cute and Suletta is also cool. For this abhorrent affront to my clutched pearls I challenge you to a thread slapfight!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Kchama posted:

EDIT: Honestly, the most damning thing to the 'cryogenics and mind-wipes' theory is that it's established that the trip between Mercury and the Earth Sphere isn't very long and there's like 8 years of age between Suletta and Ericht. Why was she is in cryogenics the rest of the 8 years?

That's super easy. It's fast on a powered spaceship. It's slow on a mobile suit running on reserve power using gravity assists.

How long did it take for the Messenger probe to go from Earth to Mercury? 7 years. So 8 years is around the right time to get from the base in the prologue to Mercury.

Mind you, Suletta was aged 16 when she left Mercury, and 17 when she arrived at the school. Travel time is still a thing.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 28, 2022

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

It doesn't deny anything, it suggest an alternative. We're extrapolating from what has already been told to us but we can't rule out what hasn't been told yet. We haven't seen all the pieces yet, so while we can make guesses based on what we have, it's not the whole so we can't rule out future revelations.

Okay, but... what does 'The Vanadis Incident Actually Took Place Over 4+ Years' do for the show? Bel's words are very strong support for that not being the case, because she was unhappy that Prospera would use her daughter as tool for revenge for 'what happened 21 years ago', which is the same year that Prospera herself pegged the Vanadis Incident as happening. So the Vanadis Incident and the attack happened 21 years ago by the show's own words. So why would the Vanadis Incident taking place over four years change anything at all? I mean, I could theorize as an alternative to the 'they aren't the same person' theory that actually Eri became Steel Suletta and Suletta is just her human-sized form and at the end of the season she's going to Build Up with the Lfrith and Aerial into Steel Suletta and stop on Delling, but that doesn't mean that my alternative theory holds any water when nothing indicates that that will happen.

Fangz posted:

That's super easy. It's fast on a powered spaceship. It's slow on a mobile suit running on reserve power using gravity assists.

How long did it take for the Messenger probe to go from Earth to Mercury? 7 years. So 8 years is around the right time to get from the base in the prologue to Mercury.

... The Lfrith didn't have a coldsleep pod...

Never mind that the Aerial was apparently completed in the 8 year time window between the Vanadis Incident and Suletta being 4 years old.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Kchama posted:

... The Lfrith didn't have a coldsleep pod...

Says who?

quote:

Never mind that the Aerial was apparently completed in the 8 year time window between the Vanadis Incident and Suletta being 4 years old.

Or the Aerial is just the Lfrith after a system reboot and with a fresh coat of paint.

quote:

The Prologue suggests that Eri was special and that is why she could activate Permet Score 4 without being injured or worse

No, the Prologue suggested that Eri was special because she could *wake Lfrith up*.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 28, 2022