Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

The thing that gets me is that "Stephen King's Twitter Account Run By a Parrot" is actually a decent joke but they ruin it because they just can't contain their vitriol so they have make it a Mentally Ill, drugged out parrot. With Tourette's!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Get back to work, Elon

It's a good point though. Twitter has always been garbage and now its sole purpose is to provide Elon with narcissistic supply. Just stop looking at it and do something else, you won't regret it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Boy it sure is a shame that Samsung solved their “phones exploding into flames” issues years ago. Those would have been the perfect Tesla phones.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I assume you can't install hookup apps on his new phone https://twitter.com/ShannenJPEG/status/1596286232287330305

Lol imagine not being a holistic hedonist

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"🤣🤣🤣 if you care about pleasing your limbic system" - a man who's concerned that in the far future an AI will perfectly simulate him in order to exact revenge on him for not inventing it.

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

Automata 10 Pack posted:

And yet, you’re still there.

I'm so owned oh no

There is, he's just an idiot.

https://status.twitterstat.us/

https://api.twitterstat.us/

Edwardly fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 28, 2022

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

please sir thank you for unbanning us sir

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
as a mentally ill glue sniffing parrot, I resent this joke. my mental illness is no laughing matter and my glue sniffing habit is purely social.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

As someone who actually has Tourettes I just wish the joke was coprolalia rather than Tourettes being short hand for "swears lol"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
another reason south park is poo poo and its creators really should be milkshaked duck/canceled, their Tourettes episode.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

hahaha elon doesn't gently caress he just pays women to get in vitro'd

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

another reason south park is poo poo and its creators really should be milkshaked duck/canceled, their Tourettes episode.

I mean, they fairly accurately portrayed actual Tourettes in that episode. Like on a bad day I would fit right in with the episode

But it feels like someone cake and eat it too with Cartman coming out on top

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

thin blue whine posted:

hahaha elon doesn't gently caress he just pays women to get in vitro'd

Once you have reached the peak of human perfection you no longer crave sexual intimacy. All you need to be fulfilled is a dry handy on an airplane, achieved through bartering livestock.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

Not to defend it too hard, but that's kind of the point of Cartman. He does lovely things and never really suffers consequences.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Jestery posted:

I mean, they fairly accurately portrayed actual Tourettes in that episode. Like on a bad day I would fit right in with the episode

Didn't that episode get endorsed by some Tourettes association?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TttI60-mjQ

gently caress south park.

elon musk does not gently caress though.

alright, who among the mod staff got pissed at south park chat?

god please help me fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 28, 2022

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Proteus Jones posted:

Not to defend it too hard, but that's kind of the point of Cartman. He does lovely things and never really suffers consequences.

Oh for sure

I guess what I'm getting at is that the quantity of Cartman has a quality

Like if Southpark had gone for like 4 seasons and been a funny artifact of the late 90s it would be easy to look at it and appreciate the joke of Cartman

But given now that the show has been going for nearly 30 years now the joke has taken on new cultural cache where the Cartman identity has been formative for some discourse and the relationship between the fans and creators has been enabled to become reciprocal

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeah cartman has always just appealed to a certain type of person who misses the joke that cartman is terrible, who gleefully quotes him, thinking that simply being an rear end in a top hat is the funny part

proto-pickle-rick

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Anyway, we are getting a bit off topic because a mod got their nerve touched

Everyone get their South Park hot takes in and let's leave it on this page

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Jestery posted:

Everyone get their South Park hot takes in and let's leave it on this page

Well what did South Park say about Musk? Fawning Praise?

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jestery posted:

Oh for sure

I guess what I'm getting at is that the quantity of Cartman has a quality

Like if Southpark had gone for like 4 seasons and been a funny artifact of the late 90s it would be easy to look at it and appreciate the joke of Cartman

But given now that the show has been going for nearly 30 years now the joke has taken on new cultural cache where the Cartman identity has been formative for some discourse and the relationship between the fans and creators has been enabled to become reciprocal

cartman jumped the shark when he commanded chutlu

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

There is--it says "No incidents in the last 180 days." :thunk:

https://status.twitterstat.us/pages/history/564314ae3309c22c3b0002fa

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah cartman has always just appealed to a certain type of person who misses the joke that cartman is terrible, who gleefully quotes him, thinking that simply being an rear end in a top hat is the funny part

proto-pickle-rick

I find myself happy to have never met a person who thinks of Cartman as anything other than the antagonist of the show. The whole point of him is he’s a piece of poo poo but when you think back to school days you probably had someone in your group who was just a tremendous rear end in a top hat yet still was tolerated for reasons unexplained. If you can’t identify them you probably were that person.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Alan Smithee posted:

Hahahaha what is the gender’s parrot?!?!?! 😂😂😂

log by bolb ???????? gender! 🤣🤣🤣

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
No, you see, we never said we were like the Onion, you misheard! We said we're doing "parroty" news.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

PhazonLink posted:

That episode was specifically ridiculing the notion that Tourette's is just random cussing...

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

proto-pickle-rick

That's how it goes, some people are not going to get the joke. Like do you remember when a bunch of chuds got mad when someone told them that Homelander, a guy who fantasized about murdering people and had literally a nazi girlfriend, might be a bad guy?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kingo Ligma posted:

Once you have reached the peak of human perfection you no longer crave sexual intimacy. All you need to be fulfilled is a dry handy on an airplane, achieved through bartering livestock.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

The thing that gets me is that "Stephen King's Twitter Account Run By a Parrot" is actually a decent joke but they ruin it because they just can't contain their vitriol so they have make it a Mentally Ill, drugged out parrot. With Tourette's!

If it was just a parrot the joke would not be nearly hardcore enough.

The babylonbee cracks me up cause back in the day my Christian dad would share the cringey yet neutral church jokes from it on facebook, then it all the sudden swung into full chuddom. Did somebodies kid get the keys to the account at some point?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Renreeja posted:

The babylonbee cracks me up cause back in the day my Christian dad would share the cringey yet neutral church jokes from it on facebook, then it all the sudden swung into full chuddom. Did somebodies kid get the keys to the account at some point?

https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1597099616645787648

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597169327534264320

I shouldn't be surprised he tweeted this out, but here we are

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ignis posted:

GUYS, HE'S SPEEDRUNNING THE DECLINE OF LOWTAX!!!
*gang gathers around to watch*

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
That's a gun from Deus Ex, right?

Edit: as in, it's a toy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Renreeja posted:

jesus how old is it

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Neither of those are real guns. That flintlock looks like it’s straight out of the Bradford Exchange.

Also, caffeine free Diet Coke. Hardcore…

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ignis posted:

incredibly divorced

like trump without the button

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Trump's button is much bigger & actually works

it does bring coke tho

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Renreeja posted:

The original guys were apparently just interested in making fun of how the church does things, when it got mildly successful it got bought over by a couple alt right types and then it immediately pivoted to weird culture war poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
that's a nice looking butt plug. a little small though