Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Demiurge4 posted:

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but here's a website that collates weapon traits and gives a range of available percentages. It also implies the power sword cleave is bugged because there's a trait that specifically boosts energized cleaves.

https://darktide.gameslantern.com/

There are at least some errors on this, I've got an Eviscerator with Shred and I don't see it on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Matchmaking appears to have broken again but this time more subtly in that no one ever shows up in my lobbies/games. Neat.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

drrockso20 posted:

Beastmen do exist as a type of Abhuman in 40k but they almost never show up in anything

This fucker never played necromunda!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Contracts really should be shared across character and keep non-completed/non-started ones. Having it reset 95% of the way at the end of the week and making you run another 2.5 hours of missions every day per character for space credits is stupid.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Orv posted:

Ah the nightmare of live services. There's a phenomenal power sword in Melk's shop but I don't have enough bougie bucks. I could have enough! If I played way too much today.

All power swords are very good. Settle for very good.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fishstick posted:

Contracts really should be shared across character and keep non-completed/non-started ones. Having it reset 95% of the way at the end of the week and making you run another 2.5 hours of missions every day per character for space credits is stupid.

Unless they’ve hidden something substantial like blessings behind only Melk weapons I’m beginning to think the answer is ignore his stuff as a source of good weapons and just craft them. Depends on if swapping out both blessings is possible I guess.

JBP posted:

All power swords are very good. Settle for very good.

See above. :v: But yeah, power swords are so good I contemplate not using them because it basically removes interaction with hordes since you just delete them.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I suspect they will do some sort of account merging thing for all the currencies/equipment that can be shared in the future and just make it mostly like it was in Vermintide 2. It feels like one of those things in a game that at some point in development had a grander point/plan than is evident in this early release version at least and now feels quite vestigial.

I saw some people saying it's probably to increase the grind/engagement but if that's true I expect it'll just make people way less likely to play multiple characters or buy any new classes/subclasses they add in the future. Seems like the sort of thing you can "fix" post release to get some good press and to look like you're listening as well.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Is it just me or are chain axes just a slower, less cleavy version of chain swords? Their heavy strikes are incredibly slow and the revved up swing doesnt seem to do much more than a revved chainsword swing.

Just tried an assassination with a chain axe and every time i swung that thing i just wished i had brought my trusty chainsword instead.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Mendrian posted:

I mean "Kruber is gonna be a grail knight" was a long running rumor a lot of people didn't want to believe because it wouldn't "make sense" and then it turned out to be good and also funny.

Hearing him refer to Saltzpyre as “peasant” like he’s a kindergartener will never get old

Orv
May 4, 2011

BombiTheZombie posted:

Is it just me or are chain axes just a slower, less cleavy version of chain swords? Their heavy strikes are incredibly slow and the revved up swing doesnt seem to do much more than a revved chainsword swing.

Just tried an assassination with a chain axe and every time i swung that thing i just wished i had brought my trusty chainsword instead.

Chain axe just generally seems worse at everything which is a bummer cause the visual feel of it is great.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

BombiTheZombie posted:

Yeah this was my experience with a chain axe, the extra damage, if it existed at all, didn't seem worth all the other trade offs.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

What are the "meta" traits for trinkets? Ive been gravitating towards +Wounds and useful DR (eg: 10% DR vs gunners) but I don't know if those are good picks.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the chain sword is by far the strongest weapon I've experienced in the game so far as a zealot and it's extremely useful for just deleting special bad guys.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
fatshark let me chat and do weird sitting emotes in the loading ship

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

are the random melk purchases ever worth it? i've heard that the best way to get truly excellent gear in this game is to buy very high power level greys and then refine them, since they have high base stats, but i don't know the best source for those things.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Fishstick posted:

What are the "meta" traits for trinkets? Ive been gravitating towards +Wounds and useful DR (eg: 10% DR vs gunners) but I don't know if those are good picks.

Wounds are just healthbar segments, they don't actually do anything except limit corruption gained from incaps.

Here's a list of the known curio traits.

General recommendations:
  • Increased EXP is king until you're 30, then it's useless.
  • Combat Ability Regeneration is nice in theory but the most you can get from curios is 12%, which reduces a 30s cooldown to 26.4s. You're much better off chasing survivability or utility.
  • If you're the Ogryn or Zealot, you want +Health.
  • If you're the Veteran, you want +Toughness.
  • If you're the Psyker, either works.
  • Toughness Regeneration Speed is almost always useless - just hit something in melee or use one of the many extremely effective Toughness-generating abilities. Alternately, get in Cohesion.
  • Corruption Resistance is generally useful.
  • Corruption Resistance (Grimoires) is more niche but takes the edge off of having to carry around evil books.
  • Stamina, Sprint Efficiency, and Stamina Regeneration allow you to do stamina-related poo poo more often, which particularly matters to Veterans with the Deadshot feat (which lies, incidentally - it costs a Stamina Bar per second, not 10% of your total Stamina).
  • Damage Resistance is worth chasing if you find that you're getting your rear end kicked by specific specials, but +Primary Durability and Corruption Resistance are better overall since they're more flexible.
  • Extra Curio Dockets is extra money. How much that matters to you is your decision.

My personal wishlist for a curio as a filthy Deadshot user would be:

Main: Stamina
Secondaries: Corruption Resistance, Toughness, Sprint Efficiency

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

are the random melk purchases ever worth it?

Only when the extremely low chance of getting something incredibly powerful works out for you. Otherwise, no.

Kith fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 28, 2022

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I would like to add that damage reduction from gunners seems extremely valuable on higher difficulties, as they will be the vast majority of the chip damage you take throughout a mission.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

also is it just me or are braced autorifles just good at everything? graia pattern especially, holy macaroni

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kith posted:

also is it just me or are braced autorifles just good at everything? graia pattern especially, holy macaroni

Seems that way.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

My two curios give me a combined +10% ordo dockets per mission and that has been helpful to fuel my desire to buy crap. Not a ton but it does add up over time.

Any zealots out there use the Turtolsky Heavy Sword? I've not touched one and they seem to show up in the store very rarely. They all look really rad but I've heard nothing about the performance. Been kinda disappointed by the Catachan swords with how weak they are compared to everything else - the cleave just doesn't make up for the fact you have to hit a basic enemy a few times to kill them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Zealot heavy sword is, I believe, the single worst melee in the game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Yeah, I tried using the heavy sword while leveling, and I have a hard time thinking of a single thing it excels at, it just feels awful to use.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Its good for getting an experience what it would be to be dropped in to a zombie survival situation armed with only a pool noodle

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I appreciate that there are so many weapon patterns so you can tune what you want your chosen weapon family to excel at, but it really loving sucks that almost none of these differences are explained... anywhere.

The Columnus Mk II Braced Autogun is the all-rounder: it's got a nice beefy magazine and reserve ammo and its Braced stance gives you some auto-aim.
The Agripinaa Mk VIII Braced Autogun is the harder-hitting variant that trades magazine/ammo for higher base damage and the ability to punch through multiple bodies.
The Graia Mk IV Braced Autogun tends towards a higher fire rate and trades the Braced stance's Auto-Aim for even more fire rate, making it frighteningly good at Boss DPS in addition to being good at most other things because it's a Braced Autogun.

None of this is told to you by the game - you have to buy the guns and test them out yourself to discover these differences. Even after obtaining a suite of melee weapon family variants, I still can't tell the difference between most of them.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, I tried using the heavy sword while leveling, and I have a hard time thinking of a single thing it excels at, it just feels awful to use.

I'm currently using one with stacking extra cleave when you hit (I'm level 23 and it was 50 damage more than everything else on the shop) and it does great against the zombies. It feels much better against hordes than the thunder hammer I was using but can't do poo poo against the armored guys without slow heavy attacks. Which yeah makes me wonder what the point of the standard heavy sword is.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
My framerate really loves to be locked at 30 FPS for most of the time.
Sometimes it rises to near 60, but that's rare.

I am not talking about "at about 30 FPS", but really stable 30, not more, not less.

Does anybody else experience something like this? I've tried to gently caress around with the settings, but that doesn't really seem to affect anything on that number.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

I would like to add that damage reduction from gunners seems extremely valuable on higher difficulties, as they will be the vast majority of the chip damage you take throughout a mission.

Not as useful as you think. Damage reduction from gunners is not damage reduction from ranged fire, only from the specific Scab / Dreg gunner enemies. The ones with heavy stubbers.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

BombiTheZombie posted:

Not as useful as you think. Damage reduction from gunners is not damage reduction from ranged fire, only from the specific Scab / Dreg gunner enemies. The ones with heavy stubbers.

Yeah, and there are shitloads of them on higher difficulties. And as opposed to most of the other specials, they can be hard to evade damage from completely.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Plasma gun for vet is cool but I am not sure how much more useful it is compared to the bolter. It reload slows and I can kill specials and elites just as fast with volley + bolter.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

raverrn posted:

drat, I must be pretty close!
I have that same bug on the "Complete all missions on Sedition" penance. Fortunately you can still unlock the harder versions though.

BombiTheZombie posted:

As someone with an addiction to shove-attacking, that's one thing the chain axe is very good at - it has a wide horizontal swing as a shove attack. Otherwise it's like a slower, more cumbersome version of the Atrox axe line. (Though with the added ability to shred Maulers)

Kith posted:

It's absolutely terrible at taking down specials or ranged troops at medium/long range. (though it will supress them I suppose) And there's a lot of those on Heresy+.

Great at clearing hordes though, so if there's ever a class that can carry two ranged weapons it would probably be the best secondary. But I just can't trust pubbies to take down specials fast enough to justify taking it as my only ranged weapon.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Unlike the bolter, the plasma gun doesn't take 6 weeks to ready up when you switch to it so you can make snapshots in the middle of melee to delete flamers/shotgunners/trappers. The mag is also huge so unless youre overcharging shots constantly you can last a long time between reloads, and interrupt it at multiple stages to continue later.. With the bolter I keep getting stuck in the "ok switch to bolter, rack the bolt - oh its out of ammo - start reload process" cycle, but I tend to switch to melee a lot rather than play pure ranged even in melee situations

Also hipshotting a bunch of shotgunners and evaporating all the poxwalkers in front of them like a beefy Q3 Railgun feels really good.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Does anyone know if Darktide is still on the Stingray engine? I thought that had been discontinued, but it seems like it would take a lot of work to port the melee system over to Unreal or Unity or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zephro posted:

Does anyone know if Darktide is still on the Stingray engine? I thought that had been discontinued, but it seems like it would take a lot of work to port the melee system over to Unreal or Unity or something.

If it’s not Unreal it sure does texture load-in like Unreal.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Jimbot posted:

My two curios give me a combined +10% ordo dockets per mission and that has been helpful to fuel my desire to buy crap. Not a ton but it does add up over time.

Any zealots out there use the Turtolsky Heavy Sword? I've not touched one and they seem to show up in the store very rarely. They all look really rad but I've heard nothing about the performance. Been kinda disappointed by the Catachan swords with how weak they are compared to everything else - the cleave just doesn't make up for the fact you have to hit a basic enemy a few times to kill them.

The turtolsky heavy sword makes the catachan sword look overpowered.

I used one for a couple missions. On the second difficulty it took 4, literally 4, swings to kill the lowest-tier zombie. 3 if you hit the head!

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 28, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Ogryn heavy stubber is a real good time. Sucks at high range but my god it is great how it just cuts people in half with two shots. I was disappointed by the not-China Lake grenade launcher that was hyped up here but now I am saved.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

drat, that stinks. It might explain why a lot of non-psykers are worried about the power sword - it's the only sword worth anything and by comparison it does feel overpowered.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, anyone ever tried the "Q to merge strike teams" option that appears after a run?

Well guess what, it doesn't work lol

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Broken Cog posted:

Ok, anyone ever tried the "Q to merge strike teams" option that appears after a run?

Well guess what, it doesn't work lol

The two times I had good teams that actually pressed Q I got an error saying they were running a different version of the game.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think at this point our characters wont be reset, we’re only like a day before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

I think at this point our characters wont be reset, we’re only like a day before release.

They confirmed it the other day.