Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Khanstant posted:

I should start cataloging my tokens. sleeving a commander deck just now, realized I didn't pickup any tokens for it. Looked up the appropriate ones for this deck and the next im making and jeez, I was expecting like 5-10 cents each. One was like 18, others 8, 6, 3. I dug through my token box and found a few, but the rest I'm just gonna make my own because feels silly to spend over a dollar for a dang token!

Go to https://www.mtg-print.com/ and print them out using a printer like I did!

E:

I put chaff cards in clear sleeves and then slipped these printed proxies on both sides for double-sided tokens.

E2:

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Khanstant posted:

I should start cataloging my tokens. sleeving a commander deck just now, realized I didn't pickup any tokens for it. Looked up the appropriate ones for this deck and the next im making and jeez, I was expecting like 5-10 cents each. One was like 18, others 8, 6, 3. I dug through my token box and found a few, but the rest I'm just gonna make my own because feels silly to spend over a dollar for a dang token!

Dry erase tokens are great.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

pseudanonymous posted:

Dry erase tokens are great.

Agree, but I figured I'd add that you can totally use dry erase markers on matte sleeves as well. So if you've got some sleeves you don't use anymore or are too beat up to be in a deck, you can just throw a chaff common in the sleeve for structure and use the back side as a dry erase token. I've done it before for webcam games!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Tsk, I guess if you don't want to spend hours carefully cutting out 200 tokens from 23 pages that's a fine alternative too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Khanstant posted:

the dry erase tokens are really good for stuff that's not super common or that you don't make often enough to spend money on

I love using those dry erase tokens for keeping track of all the different types of counters in my Perrie deck. I jokingly call it "bookkeeping tribal" because of how many goofy counters are in that deck.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I was also saying to catalogue em just because if sometimes a token is secretly worth 18 bucks, I'd rather trade that for 9 bucks in singles credit than have the token. Bet some of those ad-cards and alt-rules cards have some random ones worth way too much for what it is.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Khanstant posted:

i feel like i'm watching a couple of tweakers. Ari got the jitters and seems to really want to bend his cards and is constantly doing weird crap with them, sometimes just sits there trying to bend the corners of his cards. other dude acting like his cards are precious heirlooms except when they're in hand and then he manically stacks his cards then flits through them like he's gonna magically shuffle new information into his hand. I can't even watch the board, too distracted

I've always thought that was on purpose, like the whole point of making as much card noise as possible is to wait for other people's turns and then try to distract them or piss them off. We had a guy in my old draft/commander pod that would do it, total ashhole. Asked him to stop once because I have some sensory issues with junk like that, and he said "People with sensory issues shouldn't play competitive magic." We were literally at a kitchen table, there was no money. He only stopped when everyone started just full throat screaming for his entire turn.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

theironjef posted:

I've always thought that was on purpose, like the whole point of making as much card noise as possible is to wait for other people's turns and then try to distract them or piss them off. We had a guy in my old draft/commander pod that would do it, total ashhole. Asked him to stop once because I have some sensory issues with junk like that, and he said "People with sensory issues shouldn't play competitive magic." We were literally at a kitchen table, there was no money. He only stopped when everyone started just full throat screaming for his entire turn.

I used to do it intentionally when I was a comp player and sometimes I do it reflexively now in games.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
not showering or wiping for days at a time before a tournament, hoping my opponent choking on the stench gives me a competitive edge

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Reynold posted:

not showering or wiping for days at a time before a tournament, hoping my opponent choking on the stench gives me a competitive edge

We attack on all fronts. Physical, psychological, chemical.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like everyone picks up the habit by watching other people do it. It's madness.

I fidget around with my cards when it's not my turn, but I'm intentionally quiet about it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

* impulsively hits the previous page and next page arrows seven times while waiting for people to add replies to the thread *

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'd rather have people fidgeting and into the game than for 3 people to be on their phone the whole time then take a solid hour to play their turn because they weren't paying attention

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'd rather have people fidgeting and into the game than for 3 people to be on their phone the whole time then take a solid hour to play their turn because they weren't paying attention

* flits through seven smartphones waiting for his turn *

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

If I play with folks like that I just don't give them any courtesy to respond/remind them to anything on the stack, then I drink their tears :yum:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm gonna go play a format that's intended to be social and be as antisocial as I can

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm gonna go play a format that's intended to be social and be as antisocial as I can

MaladjustedGeeks.txt

Serf
May 5, 2011

I find that I just put my cards down and pay attention to everyone else until the turn before mine when I pick them up to consider what I'm gonna do. If I have counterspells I'll hold my cards, which is a bit of a tell but I'm fine with it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I hold my cards when I don't have a counter spell but I want them to think I do :getin:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm usually stoned as gently caress so I constantly look at my cards cause I forget wtf they are, lol

*put cards down*
Uh did I have an instant speed spell in my hand?
*pick cards back up*
Oh, nope

ad infinitum

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Reynold posted:

Ah the Smash Bros. Melee gambit.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm usually stoned as gently caress so I constantly look at my cards cause I forget wtf they are, lol

*put cards down*
Uh did I have an instant speed spell in my hand?
*pick cards back up*
Oh, nope

ad infinitum

Haha. I'd take a table full of this over one person on their phone. Also,

Johnny Truant posted:

If I play with folks like that I just don't give them any courtesy to respond/remind them to anything on the stack, then I drink their tears :yum:

This x1000

Reading cards aloud for those not familiar? Sure, but that's for people not on their motherfucking phones. Missed it? You'll find out when it triggers there, Mark Zuckerberg. I'm at the table to get away from my phone and computer and actually have real social interactions.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

My pet peeve is the active player just stopping the game to have a conversation

No! Do that not on your turn you idiot, you absolute moron!!!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Johnny Truant posted:

Same, a few weeks ago I played Incite Rebellion and then got really confused when I started reading the card aloud and it wasn't Disrupt Decorum

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
There is a fine line between "disengaged and unable to pay attention" phone use and "my opponent is playing U/W/x blink and their turn has been going for 20 minutes while I'm tapped out" phone use.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tarnop posted:

Same, a few weeks ago I played Incite Rebellion and then got really confused when I started reading the card aloud and it wasn't Disrupt Decorum

i confidently revealed the wrong card from hand trying to play Epic Confrontation, opponent was confused and I was like "oops grabbed wrong card" and then i corrected it by playing the artifact removal I was hoarding and then finally fixed it and played the right card.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Sleeved up all 200 tokens (100 sleeves, double-sided). Now I need a damned deck box for the tokens alone.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

I understand doublesleeving your high-dollar cards, but why do it to tokens?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Oh, I didn't double-sleeve tokens. I just had clear sleeves, put some chaff card in each sleeve, and printed out tokens I could insert on each side.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 27, 2022

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Tenasscity posted:

I mean, some tokens are not exactly cheap. The Utvara Hellkite dragon token is like 6 bucks

Of course, Papa Proxy and his band of PnP Pirates mean that doesn't actually matter.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Magnetic North posted:

I mean, some tokens are not exactly cheap. The Utvara Hellkite dragon token is like 6 bucks

Of course, Papa Proxy and his band of PnP Pirates mean that doesn't actually matter.

I’m putting the finishing touches on my Chatterfang deck, and since I happen to have a pristine Ron Spencer Unglued Squirrel Token I will absolutely be sleeving and playing with it.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

TotalHell posted:

I’m putting the finishing touches on my Chatterfang deck, and since I happen to have a pristine Ron Spencer Unglued Squirrel Token I will absolutely be sleeving and playing with it.

Pretty sure my most expensive tokens are Squrrels and Goblins from Un-sets.

God of Mischief
Oct 22, 2010

Tenasscity posted:

I have some of the Magic Player Rewards tokens that are $20-$30. I definitely did not buy them for that much.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I got a Crimson Vow Collectors bundle box in the amazon sale the other day. It wasn't damaged on outside but inside was missing the dice, and the foil lands packet. The collector's booster also seemed weird, it was really hard to peel open at the seams like normal and you could see and feel glue and couldn't just peel it open like normal, but maybe that's normal for collector boosters idk. There was nothing good inside but that could also just be the pack being bunk the usual way and seems totally insane to rifle through one collector booster, take a stupid foil land packet, and spindown die.

Amazon returns process just doesn't seem to let you be specific at all about the return with damaged/missing rolled into one, only asking if the outside box or inside packaging was damaged, presumably so they can determine if they can reshelve it or trash it. They are sending me a new one, I'm sending back this one.

Problem is, what do I send back exactly because I already tore open the 8 set boosters before I even noticed missing die/foil land packet/maybe-weird collector booster. Some of the packets were still on my desk but most in the trash and wasn't going to go digging around in there. I opened this other non-collector vow bundle also got for same dirt cheap sale beforehand and had them loosely sorted into piles of lands/tokens/art cards/rares/rest to make it easier when I scan with delver eventually. I mostly wanted the spindown and box lol

the collector booster is all still together stuffed back in the torn pack, but everything else would be loose cards and trash wrappers. Presumably they will just throw this away and the most expensive thing between both bundles was like 3 dollars who cares, I just don't wanna get charged for both or do they care enough about anything to flag someone as a grifter or something and honestly I'd almost rather just buy the die at this point than try to recreate 8 booster packs, cant imagine anyone would be checking anyway once you see the mess. i also feel like i've now put way more thought into this than amazon ever deserves, even if i mail back an empty box dont think ive returned anything before what are they gonna do? feels like an awkward thing to return anyway i slice it now

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Khanstant posted:

I got a Crimson Vow Collectors bundle box in the amazon sale the other day. It wasn't damaged on outside but inside was missing the dice, and the foil lands packet. The collector's booster also seemed weird, it was really hard to peel open at the seams like normal and you could see and feel glue and couldn't just peel it open like normal, but maybe that's normal for collector boosters idk. There was nothing good inside but that could also just be the pack being bunk the usual way and seems totally insane to rifle through one collector booster, take a stupid foil land packet, and spindown die.

Amazon returns process just doesn't seem to let you be specific at all about the return with damaged/missing rolled into one, only asking if the outside box or inside packaging was damaged, presumably so they can determine if they can reshelve it or trash it. They are sending me a new one, I'm sending back this one.

Problem is, what do I send back exactly because I already tore open the 8 set boosters before I even noticed missing die/foil land packet/maybe-weird collector booster. Some of the packets were still on my desk but most in the trash and wasn't going to go digging around in there. I opened this other non-collector vow bundle also got for same dirt cheap sale beforehand and had them loosely sorted into piles of lands/tokens/art cards/rares/rest to make it easier when I scan with delver eventually. I mostly wanted the spindown and box lol

the collector booster is all still together stuffed back in the torn pack, but everything else would be loose cards and trash wrappers. Presumably they will just throw this away and the most expensive thing between both bundles was like 3 dollars who cares, I just don't wanna get charged for both or do they care enough about anything to flag someone as a grifter or something and honestly I'd almost rather just buy the die at this point than try to recreate 8 booster packs, cant imagine anyone would be checking anyway once you see the mess. i also feel like i've now put way more thought into this than amazon ever deserves, even if i mail back an empty box dont think ive returned anything before what are they gonna do? feels like an awkward thing to return anyway i slice it now

Amazon sells returned packages to a third party. As long as it weighs about right they don't care at all.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Did you do the automated return process or did you do a direct chat with customer support? I ordered a box of Unfinity, supposedly new directly from amazon, but when it showed up every pack had been opened, missing the land, and all the non-trash rares. When I went through the automated process, it wanted me to send it back but when I contacted support directly they told me to keep that one and they would just send a replacement (which then had the exact same problem, and they refunded me after that).

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Yeah avoid Amazon for MTG product, seems like those issues are extremely common.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah 22 bucks for giftbox was cheapest I ever saw em so took the Amazon gamble and lost. I just wish my LGS had better pricing on boxes, I've bought a couple but it always feels like I'm donating 20+ bucks to the store for the inconvenience of having to go in. They do marketp rice for cards usually though so I try to get singles from them as much as I can.

xK1 posted:

Did you do the automated return process or did you do a direct chat with customer support? I ordered a box of Unfinity, supposedly new directly from amazon, but when it showed up every pack had been opened, missing the land, and all the non-trash rares. When I went through the automated process, it wanted me to send it back but when I contacted support directly they told me to keep that one and they would just send a replacement (which then had the exact same problem, and they refunded me after that).

Every support link that seemed like it would bring me to a person or even an automated chat type thing all lead back to the self-service page.

pseudanonymous posted:

Amazon sells returned packages to a third party. As long as it weighs about right they don't care at all.

I see, well, it would be the wrong weight even if I didn't touch anything since it was missing a whole lands packet + dice. After work I'll try and get in touch with somebody because it's a waste of ups, mine, amazon's, and the third party package place to be mailing this trash around back n forth

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Every support link that seemed like it would bring me to a person or even an automated chat type thing all lead back to the self-service page.

Yeah, it was definitely buried in the site and hard to access, I think it was:
https://www.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/foresight/hubgateway-issues-10, Help With Something Else, Something Else, I need more help, and from there I was somehow able to chat with a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Yeah 22 bucks for giftbox was cheapest I ever saw em so took the Amazon gamble and lost. I just wish my LGS had better pricing on boxes, I've bought a couple but it always feels like I'm donating 20+ bucks to the store for the inconvenience of having to go in. They do marketp rice for cards usually though so I try to get singles from them as much as I can.

I see, well, it would be the wrong weight even if I didn't touch anything since it was missing a whole lands packet + dice. After work I'll try and get in touch with somebody because it's a waste of ups, mine, amazon's, and the third party package place to be mailing this trash around back n forth

No.... I mean do what you want but basically just mail it back. It's probably close enough in weight, Amazon doesn't care, their algorithm and the state of US shipping subsidy says they don't really care about individual packages and just... return it.

If you call them or chat with them you're gonna waste a bunch of their time and end up arguing with someone in a call/chat center in another country whose English is pretty good and has a manual to follow and doesn't really care.