Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

IcePhoenix posted:

how do you change natures?

mints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

IcePhoenix posted:

how do you change natures?

Mints appear in Chansey Supply after six badges for 20k a pop

They can also rarely be found as sparkling (non-ball) items on the ground and as Raid Rewards

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh drat I think I did find some of those and just had no idea what they did, that's rad

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Larryb posted:

Yeah as far as I know shiny Pokémon don’t have better stats or anything, they’re mostly just a different color and harder to find
my brain gets dopamine when the sparkles come out

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I found a dozen or so in PLA. Before that I only ever had one shiny, a Tsareena who's currently parked in my copy of Ultra Moon. I'll rescue her when Home becomes compatible with SV, probably. She's pretty awesome.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I hope they fix the slow sprite loading in the patch that is surely coming any day now

It's really annoying when using the boxes

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
you cant be a Master Trainer unless you say no to drugs. I can live without being a Master Shiny Hunter too by not having this stuff memorized at a glance. relatively minor in comparison, I think.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've encountered three shinies by chance this gen, a Lechonk, a Revaroom, and a Chansey. I've been able to catch the latter two.

Also I've found the best way to grind is farming Roaring Moon and Flutter Mane spawns.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
the Great Patch is coming any day now and we will all be lifted to a better place by the glory of the lord Arceus. He will deliver us from bugs and from want, and from that really annoying thing the game keeps doing that you hate, you know the one

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PittTheElder posted:

Same, and frankly I don't see what all the fuss is about

they are neat

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Augus posted:

they are neat

its true

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Hammerite posted:

the Great Patch is coming any day now and we will all be lifted to a better place by the glory of the lord Arceus. He will deliver us from bugs and from want, and from that really annoying thing the game keeps doing that you hate, you know the one
the game will be patched, not to fix any of the slowdown or issues, but to stop people from duplicating their ride pokemon indefinitely for apricorn balls

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaziken386 posted:

the game will be patched, not to fix any of the slowdown or issues, but to stop people from duplicating their ride pokemon indefinitely for apricorn balls

They hired ILCA just to put the dupe bugs in, as a treat for speedrunners.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I caught two shinies before my first gym, got all the badges since and nothing new...

I looked at my trainer card: it says '5 shiny pokemon encountered' and it is sending me

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I have sent my two shinies out enough times in the first third of my playthrough that I will admit there were times where I didn't see, hear, or notice the sparkle effect when the shiny came out to fight

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Lux Animus posted:

I caught two shinies before my first gym, got all the badges since and nothing new...

I looked at my trainer card: it says '5 shiny pokemon encountered' and it is sending me

Oh god you can see how many you've encountered? I don't know if I want to know if it isn't 0

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, that item duping is so easy. No way that survives the first patch.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Lux Animus posted:

For some bizarre reason that counter is including shinies that you evolve. I've only gotten 2 shinies myself (Litleo & Psyduck) and my counter says 4 due to the evolutions.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Better get your duping in before 2024.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Echophonic posted:

Between that and wanting to do 5-star eevee tera dens (event currently expired, but i wasn't done with the plot yet), I disconnected my switch from the internet for now

Best to complete that 'dex real soon if you want to dupe Beast balls before internet access from trading loses you dupe-access due to updating

YoshiOfYellow posted:

For some bizarre reason that counter is including shinies that you evolve. I've only gotten 2 shinies myself (Litleo & Psyduck) and my counter says 4 due to the evolutions.

Oh thank you I don't know why I didn't consider this :sweatdrop: that was totally it

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Echophonic posted:

How do you duplicate again?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

woke kaczynski posted:

Clocks posted:

There's a slightly updated version of duping where you only have to dupe your legendary once and then you can do some menu stuff after that.

https://youtu.be/staa9Fv0Rwo

For anyone who's as allergic to videos as me:

1) Do the previous duping method (have 5 Pokemon in the party, put the legendary into battle mode and attach the desired item, hit the + button twice to mount and dismount, put the legendary back into battle mode, capture any Pokemon, add it to the party, when asked which Pokemon to box hit A then B right after. If you do it correctly it will ask if you want to take the item off of the legendary, box the legendary and then put the newly caught Pokemon in your party.)
2) With the legendary still boxed, back out of the menu and hit + twice to mount then unmount the legendary. This adds it to the bottom left of the menu screen as it previously was.
3) Now, go back to the boxes and swap the newly captured Pokemon at the bottom of the party with the boxed legendary. You should now see the legendary Pokemon in the 6th slot and also see it in the ride icon.
4) Select the legendary in the 6th slot and give it the item you want to dupe.
5) Select it again and use the menu option "switch to ride mode".
6) Go into the box menu, hit the X button twice to get to the "battle teams" tag, then hit LB when in the first box or go to the "all boxes" display and select the upper right box labeled with the legendary's name. You should be taken to a box containing the legendary holding the item you're duping.
7) Remove the item from that legendary and put it in your bag.
8) Repeat steps 4 through 7 as much as you like. If you want to dupe a new item, you just have to give the legendary in the 6th slot the new item and follow the steps again, there's no additional setup.
9) When you're done, capture a Pokemon and use that same A then B button press trick to force the duplicate legendary into a normal box, then release it from there. Otherwise it'll be stuck in your party.

After these steps, you should be back to the standard status quo with the legendary with as many duped items as your heart desires.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Team Star discussion/spoilers:

Anyone else notice that the leader-group seems mostly queer-coded? Their plot revolves around how they all got bullied in school, made costumes and stood up to their bullies, who then fled and dropped out of school without a fight. Now THEY (Team Star) are branded as the bullies in part due to their rowdy recruits, and are then threatened with expulsion. Seems to take a page off of recent bullying / social justice / back-and-forth cancel culture trends in modern society and discourse.

Also they are totally using charcadet to power their vehicles, too - not just revavroom

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I am amazed by the slowdown on water, in part because I can sometimes reduce it dramatically but by doing opposite things. Sometimes moving the camera all the way up will double my framerate... sometimes lowering it to the very horizon will do it. Awe inspiring.

I am also genuinely loving that raid battles allow me to play a support/healer role for when Belly Drum Iron Hands is not going to get the job done on its own. Saw somebody running a Chansey with Light Screen / Life Dew and shed a single tear of joy.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
The number one thing I want to know about team star is when I'll be able to buy a real version of Penny's backpack

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lux Animus posted:

Team Star discussion/spoilers:

Anyone else notice that the leader-group seems mostly queer-coded? Their plot revolves around how they all got bullied in school, made costumes and stood up to their bullies, who then fled and dropped out of school without a fight. Now THEY (Team Star) are branded as the bullies in part due to their rowdy recruits, and are then threatened with expulsion. Seems to take a page off of recent bullying / social justice / back-and-forth cancel culture trends in modern society and discourse.

Also they are totally using charcadet to power their vehicles, too - not just revavroom

Maybe it's just me but more than half the cast seems to be queer coded including your starters. I mean you got butch women, fem dudes and everything in between.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

big black turnout posted:

The number one thing I want to know about team star is when I'll be able to buy a real version of Penny's backpack

https://poshmark.com/listing/NWT-Po...gQaAiLeEALw_wcB

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

PittTheElder posted:

Same, and frankly I don't see what all the fuss is about

Black Charizard and blue Gardevoir are cool

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Muscle Tracer posted:

I am amazed by the slowdown on water, in part because I can sometimes reduce it dramatically but by doing opposite things. Sometimes moving the camera all the way up will double my framerate... sometimes lowering it to the very horizon will do it. Awe inspiring.

Most of the time when I am 'farming materials' from an area (AKA wholesale slaughter of the local wildlife by my 'outdoor cat' Sweetleaf) I will simply send out my Pokemon into a crowd and turn away.

It's not that I cannot bear to watch: it simply takes less time to kill everything if the game has less animations to render

god forbid the weather changes near a body of water

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Echophonic posted:

frantically trying to complete my dex before its patched and i can no longer connect to the internet to trade for version exclusives

once again would like to reiterate that we would not need to do this if special pokeballs were once again feasible to obtain, you brought this on yourselves gamefreak

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

It's cute but it's missing the fluff straps

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

OK that was without a doubt the silliest bug/cheese yet. I just did a six star ditto raid and the host swapped to their own ditto. The boss just sat there failing to use transform on the hosts ditto until it died.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

frantically trying to complete my dex before its patched and i can no longer connect to the internet to trade for version exclusives

once again would like to reiterate that we would not need to do this if special pokeballs were once again feasible to obtain, you brought this on yourselves gamefreak

In addition to ball aesthetics, it’s important to build up a huge stockpile of patches since so many mons don’t have what makes them fun until they have their hidden ability.

Speaking of which, can anyone spare an Ability Patch for your boy?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

FoolyCharged posted:

OK that was without a doubt the silliest bug/cheese yet. I just did a six star ditto raid and the host swapped to their own ditto. The boss just sat there failing to use transform on the hosts ditto until it died.

5-star dynamax ditto raids were fun in Sw/Sh when everyone brought a legendoggo that can't enter into Dynamax mode, even thru Transform

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
After hundreds of eggs and dozens of hours spent refreshing mass outbreaks, I finally have a shiny charcadet. Now I can finally play the game again :negative:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

After hundreds of eggs and dozens of hours spent refreshing mass outbreaks, I finally have a shiny charcadet. Now I can finally play the game again :negative:

blue eyes red Megaman, or red eyes blue Zero?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

There's no way to speed up the pause on status transitions and other random mid battle text right? I've got the text speed on fast but this 2 second delay on everything just slows everything down so much

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Jesus tap dancing Christ how much walking do you need to do to evolve Rellor again???

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

This rear end in a top hat is buying poo poo at the pokecenter and auctioning it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Lux Animus posted:

blue eyes red Megaman, or red eyes blue Zero?

Blue eyes red megaman

I'll go back for Zero before my winning outbreak expires :shepface: