Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol gently caress this, I'm gonna sell this thing

why did I bother trying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

too long for a thread title?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Clark Nova posted:

too long for a thread title?

Andoird: I'm gonna sell this thing; why did I bother trying it?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

this is exactly what i assume will happen every time I consider getting an android, so i just skip the step where i pay money to punch myself in the balls for no reason

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

this is exactly what i assume will happen every time I consider getting an android, so i just skip the step where i pay money to punch myself in the balls for no reason

I put the work in for you, you're welcome

There is no reason for you to buy an android if you've already got an iPhone

Apr 7, 2003

https://nanoreview.net/en/phone-compare/google-pixel-7-vs-apple-iphone-12

Literally shittier in every way that matters than a 2 year old iphone base model

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

again, i use an android by choice and i totally agree. if you use an iphone, continue to use iphones. if you have no smartphone, get an iphone. androids are, by and large, for masochists.

my pixel 5 may be the last android phone i buy, too, because i don't like anything google is doing with their new phones (they're too loving big!!) and lmao @ buying from any other manufacturer. i like my current phone but there's nothing good on the horizon

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

did you not see? the pixel has way more ram which is definitely something you should care about in your phone

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have an Android but it's because I forsake myself and started programming them for money. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

did you not see? the pixel has way more ram which is definitely something you should care about in your phone

I literally just had someone on reddit tell me that the Pixel 7 has twice the ram the iPhone 12 does and that's why it's superior.

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
69bonerdad, a troll? surely not.

Apr 7, 2003

Higher refresh rate, definitely a selling point in a phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

buttery smooth scrolling

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Does it really have a bigger battery?

What if you measure it in terms of the thing that people care about (hours) instead of the thing that nobody cares about (joules)?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

He means physically, in grams (g)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Higher refresh rate, definitely a selling point in a phone

higher refresh rates are for scrubs

now, the ProMotion™ display on the iPhone 14 Pro, on the other hand,

Apr 7, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

higher refresh rates are for scrubs

now, the ProMotion™ display on the iPhone 14 Pro, on the other hand,

Unironically agreed

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
promotion isn’t only about higher refresh rates but being able to drop the refresh rate down to 10hz (or 1hz on the 14) while nothing is moving on the screen. That saves a lot of battery life.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i would prefer to not interact with android devices, even remotely. thanks

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hmm on the one hand the new android phone has more and faster ram, and a bigger battery

but the old iPhone runs faster and lasts longer

it’s so hard to decide!

Apr 7, 2003

Google will let me return this piece of poo poo for all my money back, seems fair

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

hmm on the one hand the new android phone has more and faster ram, and a bigger battery

but the old iPhone runs faster and lasts longer

it’s so hard to decide!

but think of the billions of 1s and 0s your iphone isn't able to store in memory!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1597660295152943104?s=20&t=MCYWm6E3EQR5Am1hJc7pDg

quote:

Google's ads had on-air personalities give first-hand accounts of how much they liked the Pixel 4, but, to quote the FTC's press release, "the on-air personalities were not provided with Pixel 4s before recording and airing the majority of the ads and therefore did not own or regularly use the phones." Therefore the first-person claims made in the ads, like, “It’s my favorite phone camera out there, especially in low light, thanks to Night Sight Mode,” “I’ve been taking studio-like photos of everything,” and “It’s also great at helping me get stuff done, thanks to the new voice-activated Google Assistant that can handle multiple tasks at once,” can't be true.

anroid, too terrible for radio djs in 2022

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I’m wailing with the voices of a thousand damned souls and the new voice-activated google assistant can process commands from all of them simultaneously

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

tiny phone wanters, your desire has arrived

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1600590861976621056?s=20&t=Ze4Dl6qAV2NcOfQtlo_lYQ

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

I kind of doubt that I’ll use this phone for very long as my main phone. It is very stupid. But there’s something honorable about doing a stupid thing really well.

:same:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a real pity it runs android

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

a very good review for this kind of thing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

a very good review for this kind of thing.

almost up there with the american singles blackberry passport review

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Not the smallest, there's a 2.5" one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001452960369.html

I'm considering getting one (or probably the XS12 which is slightly larger but way better) as a backup that I could use for traveling, because smashing the screen on the S22 Ultra really loving sucks, as it turns out.

Apr 7, 2003

Every Galaxy I see in the wild has a smashed screen, I'm sure it's just fine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The only truly good android phones were the Sony Xperia compact series and they stopped making them. The last semi-decent Android phone was the Pixel 5 and they stopped making those too. No Samsung phone has ever been good. There are no even slightly good Android phones left.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

quote:

Unihertz's tagline is “Unique Smartphones for the Minorities,” which is really close to being a good tagline. Just needs some editing.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

"the minorities" should not ever be a part of corporate marketing

they are not a monolith

unless you're referrring to a specific minority in which you should br incredibly clear about it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sb hermit posted:

"the minorities" should not ever be a part of corporate marketing

they are not a monolith

unless you're referrring to a specific minority in which you should br incredibly clear about it

the minority of people who want a small phone

a small phone being a minority too, it's a sort of pun, or joke, if you will

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

despite this being the internet, the word minority does not necessarily have to refer to a social qualifier

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

The only truly good android phones were the Sony Xperia compact series and they stopped making them. The last semi-decent Android phone was the Pixel 5 and they stopped making those too. No Samsung phone has ever been good. There are no even slightly good Android phones left.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

god drat OnePlus how have you managed to gently caress up a loving clock? phone updated and now you can only have one timer running at a time instead of being able to set multiples

at least the alarm toggles are actually possible to press now I guess, and you no longer have to drag the hands round on a clock face to set an alarm which was about the worst way to set it you could imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

god drat OnePlus how have you managed to gently caress up a loving clock? phone updated and now you can only have one timer running at a time instead of being able to set multiples

at least the alarm toggles are actually possible to press now I guess, and you no longer have to drag the hands round on a clock face to set an alarm which was about the worst way to set it you could imagine

you know what doesn’t have a messed up timer app? iPhone. stop using andoird :smug: