Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
That's not a mistake, two thumbs per hand is just the future of humans evolution.

Twice the amount of opposable thumbs = twice the tool using!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Withnail posted:

wtf is musk wearing in his profile pic, it looks like some cosplay poo poo

Ant-man armor

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

The joke that both AI artists and human artists can't draw hands still holds

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/mattwallace888/status/1597430291484012549?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA
This guy just suddenly started popping up in my feed. Never heard of him but this was the third tweet today. Honestly thought he was being ironic but nope…he genuinely believes this.

somehow I don’t think Elon inventing a literal burner phone is going to make a dent in apple’s stock. Why do they all think Elon can just buy apple? Are they thinking of an apple?

He is also a financial expert on some of their shows and he always has that belt on his shoulder. It’s really frigging weird

similar energy as those guys who were like 'no russia totally meant to get thousands of vehicles blown up in Ukraine, it means that they're winning actually'

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Smashing Pumpkins has always sucked, even worse than REM. Similarly, Corgan has always sucked even worse than Stipe, which is a pretty phenomenal level of suckage.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Don't forget that Elon's dumb cosplay suit had a pentagram on it or resembled some Satanic imagery and now a bunch of his supporters turned on him and think he's pushing Satanism on his platform.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

LOL, people should start throwing Hail Satans at him.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

CaptainSarcastic posted:

LOL, people should start throwing Hail Satans at him.

That's how it begins.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Were you thinking that Billy Corgan had taken over the other NWA?

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 30, 2022

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-63796832

Get ready for an uptick on anti-mask, anti-vax rhetoric folks, when there's an uptick on the charts!

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

lmao at how fast chuds 180 on every belief they have

They're actually screaming that they should be guaranteed access to anything that's essential even if it means the government has to override private sector interests, but instead of schools and healthcare they're talking about loving Twitter

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Get ready for an uptick on anti-mask, anti-vax rhetoric folks, when there's an uptick on the charts!

Lol, he truly thinks all those poll votes are real people and he's some great liberator of The People instead of a narcissist getting suckered by bots.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597867558073667584?t=rXQ8aw_59k1pVFo3ALHJng&s=19

oh good we're getting asylum picture blade runner next

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Odds on it exclusively banning real people with left-leaning politics and never banning a single robot?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jelly posted:

This man's face is amazing. I can't stop looking at it. It's like John Cena blown up and cropped.

Well that just feels unfair to John Cena

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

Odds on it exclusively banning real people with left-leaning politics and never banning a single robot?

If he's doing anything other than chatting poo poo, they'll just be spinning back up some microservices that got the chop in the big cull

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zil posted:

If you are constantly removing the bottom 10% of your workforce, doesn't that eventually leave you with no one?

Forever approaching zero.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"Why the hell is the site down!?"

"I'm sorry sir, the anti-bots and the traditional bots started slap fighting about "you're the nazi!", "no YOUR'RE' the nazi!"

And they just went back and forth banning and unbanning each other and themselves several thousand times a second until all CPU time was totally tied up and things started making GBS threads themselves.

"Stop talking like a loving nerd. Anyway, sleeping is cancelled, just fix it. I expect an update in an hour after I take my... medicine."

"But sir... I haven't slept in days.."

*Elon does not hear this, he is already walking away. He knocks a potted plant off someone's desk for a laugh and contemplates the monetary and vindictive value of a 'no plants' policy.*

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Hes trying to automate moderation.

I wonder if the moderation team will also need to hold their hands above the keyboard ready to take action.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

His whole Apple beef is probably the funniest part of this to me. If Steve Jobs hadn't existed, no one would would ever care about Elon Musk.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

TelevisedInsanity posted:

This will eventually result more sickness and and death amongst anti-vaxers, which, on the bright side, will cut down dangerous misinformation somewhat as there'll be fewer idiots left to spread it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

spunkshui posted:

Hes trying to automate moderation.

I wonder if the moderation team will also need to hold their hands above the keyboard ready to take action.

It's so SIMPLE! Don't you understand what cam be done with coding and automation??

What so you mean "Nuance and context"?? :confused:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Why is Karl Pilkington trying to look tough?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
suddenly I'm remembering when Lego had to shut down their mmo because they were spending too much money trying to moderate away people building dicks

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

What happens when you run a skeleton mod crew, based on shoddy credentials?

It's never happened before. I guess we're about to find out!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Edmund Sparkler posted:

What happens when you run a skeleton mod crew, based on shoddy credentials?

It's never happened before. I guess we're about to find out!

You let true-believers of your cult volunteer to moderate Twitter for free.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah one big reason Twitter couldn't auto-clamp-down on bots is the only way to hit a decent number of bots is with plenty of false positives too, I get the feeling Elon doesn't care about that.

(That said the other chance is that this won't really be targeting bots at all, just people he disagrees with or people who like posts he disagrees with, because of course they must be bots!)

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

Buschmaki posted:

Bro i think you mean theyre and them

E: realized this could come off as a hostile tone and wanna make clear it isnt lmao

I've spoken with Laura Dale and Steph doesn't give a gently caress but prefers female or non-gender pronouns.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/mattwallace888/status/1597430291484012549?s=46&t=52vPQqtSZR7iZ99Q7LnAqA
This guy just suddenly started popping up in my feed. Never heard of him but this was the third tweet today. Honestly thought he was being ironic but nope…he genuinely believes this.

somehow I don’t think Elon inventing a literal burner phone is going to make a dent in apple’s stock. Why do they all think Elon can just buy apple? Are they thinking of an apple?

He is also a financial expert on some of their shows and he always has that belt on his shoulder. It’s really frigging weird

Anytime you see someone like this, like Boebert or MTG, or some Nazi saying DeSantis would be the first catholic president, it's because they're driving up their engagement so the algorithm puts them on more screens.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

lol

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

gently caress you Elon, the BotBots are awesome!

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

The Saddest Rhino posted:

When pictures of him looking like a big tofu slab emerged (and put side by side with pics of bezos genuinely looking not bad) he overcompensated and got some weird dragon cosplay suit with muscles on to wear for Halloween https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1597656858507894785

why he got gorilla foot for hand

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

priznat posted:

Wow it’s white trash thanos

Explains the fixation on his stepdaughter

Lmao how is that guy an expert on anything except "what shark testosterone does to your dick?"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mal-3 posted:

Because he's ~*~the richest man in the world~*~ (not really, especially now) and they think that he has more money than everyone and everything so he can just Richie Rich his way out of problems.

The idea that there are things in this world Elon can't actually afford is completely alien to this mindset. He is The Richest, therefore he can buy All The Things.

It's hilarious because actual Big tech like Apple is worth somewhere in the 2300 billion range, and Egroin is chump change to that at 190 billion at best.

He just hoards all of his money and donates nothing to charity. It's the only reason he's the "single richest Person in the world" (on paper: there are definitely dictators that have him beat with their actual assets, like Putin)

It's a meaningless, ego driven title, but hey that's the dude's entire life right?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

This tactic worked brilliantly for Epic Games as I recall, who pulled a similar stunt and then got Fortnite booted off the App Store, before substantively losing in court when they challenged Apple's position.

I wonder if he will think that crypto is the answer to his prayers? If people pay in Doge then Apple and Google are bypassed! I'm sure neither company has ever thought of that nor have any rules about such tactics.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Anti-bot bots?
Elon you've walked right into my trap, my anti-anti-bot bot bots have already been deployed!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

lmao

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Too smart for chess, too dumb to run Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Omg this woman is insufferable.

You could read this with Trump's voice and it would fit his failing mental faculties perfectly. Like what the gently caress is that veer off to Pelosi supposed to even be about?