Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Well I don't know what I expected but it wasn't that

At no point in that was I able to guess what was going to happen next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I really feel that Bungie could have done something far more with this in order for a awesome season ending.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

osiris drank nezarec

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
A fine cuppa tea, govnah!

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

We spend a whole season on the topic of, "can we even trust Mithrax" and then we let him make what is possibly the most satanic cup of coffee ever devised, which he then feeds to our comatose grandpa?

Roctavian fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 29, 2022

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Maybe spoiler tag that one, it's been four hours and most people are still at work

not me though! anyway that was pretty much my take on it. "the darkness whispered to mithrax, something that has never caused anyone problems ever, and told him to make a darkness tea and feed it to the half dead lightless guy, and then everyone's wildest dreams came true! there is absolutely nothing suspicious here, enjoy neomuna!"

also, :roboluv:

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 29, 2022

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Maybe spoiler tag that one, it's been four hours and most people are still at work

But it's really dumb and funny so who cares

I can't wait for the Destiny lore community to make hours of video about how this is really deep and impactful or something

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Has there ever been a season more phoned-in than this one? I started with Splicer--so maybe its just my bias--but Splicer and Lost seemed so "big" and "happening". Risen being small I understood, since it was in some ways a 0.5 season alongside WQ and it had some interesting story progression. I know a lot of people didn't like Haunted, but it did have some emotional moments and dared to change up the play cycle a little bit. Plunder just had cool theme potential. Story-wise it was a bland, predictable, by-the-numbers, nothing grind with some dark, ill-designed play patterns. They did my bro Mithrax wrong.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I sincerely hope that Bungie is planning for some long due overhaul of the seasonal content and how rigidly it follows the current formula. Unfortunately I have sinking feeling that they will happily keep doing the same thing right through Lightfall to the next expansion.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Pioneer42 posted:

Has there ever been a season more phoned-in than this one? I started with Splicer--so maybe its just my bias--but Splicer and Lost seemed so "big" and "happening". Risen being small I understood, since it was in some ways a 0.5 season alongside WQ and it had some interesting story progression. I know a lot of people didn't like Haunted, but it did have some emotional moments and dared to change up the play cycle a little bit. Plunder just had cool theme potential. Story-wise it was a bland, predictable, by-the-numbers, nothing grind with some dark, ill-designed play patterns. They did my bro Mithrax wrong.

People have rose-colored glasses about it now but Hunt (S12) was insanely bare-bones. You did some fancy public events and lost sectors for some garbage dick guns that have never been meta for anything, and then the season finale was just the Keep of Honed Edges ascendant challenge with a different boss. The fact that it accompanied half the game's content being removed didn't help its perception at the time. It was a micro-season like Risen, but Risen kicks the poo poo out of it on every level.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 29, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have always thought it was a mistake to release an expansion and a season simultaneously and continue thinking this harder each year. Undying and Hunt were both pretty weak. Risen was somehow OK, but still felt like a distraction

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

PERMACAV 50 posted:

You did some fancy public events and lost sectors for some garbage dick guns that have never been meta for anything

Glares in Deafining Whisper

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Astrochicken posted:

osiris drank nezarec

One cup of Nezzcafé

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

I have always thought it was a mistake to release an expansion and a season simultaneously and continue thinking this harder each year. Undying and Hunt were both pretty weak. Risen was somehow OK, but still felt like a distraction

I agree with this entirely. I have a busy real life, so trying to do expansion content and an entire season was a lot, to the point that lol, I don't even have most Throne World weapons unlocked. This season was the first time I had a chance to do the older content I haven't actually gotten around to.

Also as far as seasonal stuff, Plunder was eh, I agree. Pirates are not perpetually engaging for me because I'm not 14 anymore. However, I loved the poo poo out of Risen and Haunted.

Risen had a great story, I enjoyed PsiOps, seasonal weapons were fun, armour is cool. Just solid as hell. I just didn't like that it was at the same time as the dang core expansion.

Haunted is probably my favourite season so far (I came in halfway through Beyond Light for reference), I loved the story, Sever was fun and honestly quick and simple, felt good. Containment was a big multi-stage public event horde mode with tonnes of rewards, why would I not love that? And again, weapons and armour ruled.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
This season, I did enjoy the lighter tone and the pirate theme. Ketchcrash is great. All the story stuff was just fine. The expeditions were a mediocre activity on their own merits, but made tedious and terrible by the worst part of the season: the triumphs and challenges. The ruffian thing was baffling, and it feels like there was a last minute rework of the expeditions that made them unintentionally a complete pain in the rear end. Getting enough red frames in the first half of the season was pure rng (before they patched in the weekly buyable red frame), and a lot of challenges were gated behind that, and then grinding levels on the guns crafted from them.

I know that they have to add a grind to each season, since the activities on their own aren't enough to stay fresh for all 3 months, but this time they did it completely wrong.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm at step 6 of 62 in the sails of the shipstealer quest. I have 11/75 seasonal challenges completed. I'm rank 124 on the seasonal pass. I just watched the gayest cut scene in destiny history.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

haveblue posted:

Risen was supposed to happen concurrently with the wq story, but the way it played out felt like an epilogue.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Given the contents of that cutscene I'm going to spit ball some lore predictions.

We know Ana has what is left of Rasputin in an engram and has an experimental Exo chassis. We know that to create a stable Exo mind takes a combination of Darkness and Vex radiolaria.

We know that Elsie is well versed in Exo mechanics and is aware of Neomuna because that is where Pouka is from and Pouka asked her for help, presuambly to get home.

We are aware of the Nefele Stronghold as a Warmind asset of the higest secrecy. It's likely, based on the involved wording and the presence of nanotechnology, that the Nefele Stronghold developed into Neomuna during the past thousand years.

From the cutscence we know that Savathun is aware of something powerful on Neptune, and that Mithrax, the Splicer, can cook up a hot cup of

(which is the canon term from now on) and radiolaria is easy enough to come by.

So, everyone gets together, cooks up a Nezzcafé/radiolaria Exo Alkahest, decrypts Rasputin into an Exo body so he can be a vendor, and then he sends us off on a series of weekly missions to, let's say, rebuild the access mcguffin he needs to get us to Neptune since in his present form he is cut off from the wider Warmind network. Hopefully along the way we get some answers to the lingering Witch Queen plot threads or at least some indicaiton that Savathun will continue to be a player into Lightfall.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/kking_draws/status/1597772676457672705?s=20&t=07h0vrxECc46aOeewaXXhQ

:3:

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Does anyone else feel like we don't live in a universe where it's been revealed that Ball God doesn't really care about us. No, Eva, Revelry this year is cancelled because God is dead!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Astrochicken posted:

Does anyone else feel like we don't live in a universe where it's been revealed that Ball God doesn't really care about us. No, Eva, Revelry this year is cancelled because God is dead!

We definitely took a break from it for Plunder but Zavala’s arc in Haunted was half about Safiyah and half about his lack of purpose now that he knows his devotion to the Traveler has been completely hollow.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

They aren’t cancelling Christmas because Joe Bluden had a bad trip.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

what happened makes sense with the lore perspective and theming because they've been hammering the whole "DARKNESS MAKES YOU REMEMBER" thing and he's been in a coma because his thinkmeats have been carrying around savathun's stank ever since she departed. the hosed up tea sorted out his brain and dispelled the Curse Of Osiris by making him remember what memories were his and which were savathun's

it ain't complicated if you paid attention to the narratives that have been going on for several years

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kith posted:

what happened makes sense with the lore perspective and theming because they've been hammering the whole "DARKNESS MAKES YOU REMEMBER" thing and osiris has been in a coma because his thinkmeats have been carrying around savathun's stank ever since she departed. the hosed up tea sorted out his brain and dispelled the Curse Of Osiris by making him remember what memories were his and which were savathun's

it ain't complicated if you paid attention to the narratives that have been going on for several years

gently caress you for expecting me to pay attention in the bang bang shooty game.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nezzcafe+vex milk mix with redboi and I hope he gets all hooked up to ~tubes~ and becomes lotus for guardians. Drifter is still my real dad

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Pirate Jet posted:

We definitely took a break from it for Plunder but Zavala’s arc in Haunted was half about Safiyah and half about his lack of purpose now that he knows his devotion to the Traveler has been completely hollow.

Traveler very, very much cares, it's just not good at showing it. Read the Constellations lore book.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The reason the traveller doesn't talk is because the big sphere doesn't have a mouth. It would use interpretive dance but still a big sphere.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
After learning that a human is apparently banging a robot, my Awoken guardian is starting to doubt if mankind is really worth saving.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just love that even sitting by the bedside of his comatose lover, he's still wearing his full battle armor right up until it's time to actually kiss

Clearly has never checked the "remove helmet in tower" box

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

So, despite how they look, exos have soft kissable lips? Or is Osiris into cold grills?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Lexorin posted:

So, despite how they look, exos have soft kissable lips? Or is Osiris into cold grills?

The “Achilles Weaves a Cocoon” lore book describes Lakshmi-2 as having “metal-flesh” and says she’s warm. One of the DSC armor pieces (I think) about Exo Stranger says they feel pain and it’s possible to pinch them. That’s about all we’ve got on that front.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

el B posted:

I'm at step 6 of 62 in the sails of the shipstealer quest. I have 11/75 seasonal challenges completed. I'm rank 124 on the seasonal pass. I just watched the gayest cut scene in destiny history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy9jaX9RAbA&t=57s

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PERMACAV 50 posted:

The “Achilles Weaves a Cocoon” lore book describes Lakshmi-2 as having “metal-flesh” and says she’s warm. One of the DSC armor pieces (I think) about Exo Stranger says they feel pain and it’s possible to pinch them. That’s about all we’ve got on that front.

Let me look some Ada-1 fan stuff online and see what else we can find on this front.

Actually, let’s not.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sebastian Flyte posted:

After learning that a human is apparently banging a robot, my Awoken guardian is starting to doubt if mankind is really worth saving.

hosed up if gay human-robot relationships don't make humanity even more worth saving to you

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
I don't suppose there's any lore regarding the lower anatomy of Exos - like, if Exo dudes actually have dicks, what was the particular reason why Clovis Bray gave them dicks? Other than the obvious "deranged scientist craves hot robot cock."

And since we are on the subject, if the Eliksni have four eyes and four arms, do they also have two dicks?

Sorry, it's the last week of the season and I have absolutely nothing better to do than thinking about space dicks.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't have specific citations but I remember somewhere it says that body dysmorphia was a major issue with the first Exos, so they're probably as anatomically accurate as possible

Imagine waking up to find that not only are you now a robot, you no longer have a dick

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

haveblue posted:

Imagine waking up to find that not only are you now a robot, you no longer have a dick

That makes sense, yeah.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Sebastian Flyte posted:

I don't suppose there's any lore regarding the lower anatomy of Exos - like, if Exo dudes actually have dicks, what was the particular reason why Clovis Bray gave them dicks? Other than the obvious "deranged scientist craves hot robot cock."

And since we are on the subject, if the Eliksni have four eyes and four arms, do they also have two dicks?

Sorry, it's the last week of the season and I have absolutely nothing better to do than thinking about space dicks.

Exos had to eventually be designed to include certain functions that weren't actually necessary to do robot stuff to stave off the consciousness rejecting the new body.

If this includes robot dick, the world will never know.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
We already know that exo bodies have a whole system for "eating", so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Lethrom posted:

If this includes robot dick, the world will never know.

i see you dont have The Lament