Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Perhaps it's another attempt by Diona to undermine the alcohol industry's grip on Mondstadt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Plot twist: she breaks Mondstat's collective alcoholism by getting everyone cripplingly addicted to every other possible vice instead.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

well, the "we say so" was them constantly dropping it into events/commissions/quest bits/web events/&c. for quite a few months (although that's just inazuma and sumeru)

mind, you probably wouldn't know this if you didn't poke around event areas and talk to npcs and pay attention to whatever various people were saying.
My favourite one of these is the Traveller's conversation with Paimon, "About Cyno and Genius Invokation TCG". I love that the Traveller is canonically a complete goofball.

On the topic of those conversations, I also love that after the most recent set of Archon Quests, the one about Greater Lord Rukkhadevata disappears from the list.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Tree Reformat posted:

I just assume the in-universe TCG uses completely different cards than we the video game players use. Like they're playing with Vanessa and other lore people. Or erstaz fictional versions thereof.

I just throw it on the "gameplay does not equal story" pile with "the Traveler fights all the battles you use your gacha team for".

On the other hand I really liked the end of aranyaka where the traveler canonically had to 1v1 the end boss because there was only the one crown of memories.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Kale posted:

I love that according to the trailer for it Ganyu plays the TCG

If the rumors are true, Ganyu isn't even the least unlikely player of the game. If immersion is your bugbear you'd probably want to steer clear lest you have to internally rationalize situations like:

Rhodeia of Loch: "An assassin from our homeland? Or a fool who trespasses upon the waters of Qingce?"
Traveller:*Pulls out deck* "Genius Invocation TCG?"
Rhodeia: *sighs*"....Very well"*nods and pulls out deck*

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

mikemil828 posted:

Rhodeia of Loch: "An assassin from our homeland? Or a fool who trespasses upon the waters of Qingce?"
Traveller:*Pulls out deck* "Genius Invocation TCG?"
Rhodeia: *sighs*"....Very well"*nods and pulls out deck*

The power of water is to uh, take any of your cards

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Aside from Cyno mentioning it a bunch you can actually see some of the Eremites playing it in Sumeru before you aggro them, that's good enough for me to say it's popular.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 30, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Justin_Brett posted:

Aside from Cyno mentioning it a bunch you can actually see some of the Eremites playing it in Sumeru before you aggro them, that's good enough for me to say it's popular.

Yeah, like even during the slime event Cyno mentioned wanting to play Yae Miko in the letter you get from him towards the end, which makes me think that Cyno is the Kaiba of the Genius Invocation world.

Yae is Pegasus

Kale
May 14, 2010

I can also picture something like:

Raiden: So this is that game of trading cards that Miko is also talking about....:is having my face on a card possibly a sign of eternity? :confused:

Raiden being the most clueless entity alive outside of things that involve fighting and honor and maybe building robots is just how I see the character at this point

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Raiden doesnt understand the concept of pictures, they have to keep the game away from her.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

No Wave posted:

Raiden doesnt understand the concept of pictures, they have to keep the game away from her.

Or fiction. So if she overhears "I'm going to destroy your Raiden Shogun" as she passes by two kids playing a card game she's gonna murder someone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

I think it's kinda fun when people marvel over technology like that while having done things far fancier. It's like showing someone who built a hovercraft a laser thermometer and they're asking you 60 questions a minute about it.

'You built two autonomous puppets, one that you're currently housing your soul in but cameras fascinate you?'

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kale posted:

Raiden: So this is that game of trading cards that Miko is also talking about....:is having my face on a card possibly a sign of eternity? :confused:

Raiden being the most clueless entity alive outside of things that involve fighting and honor and maybe building robots is just how I see the character at this point

lol I was picturing Raiden as the tutorial character you beat up on to learn the basics

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, like even during the slime event Cyno mentioned wanting to play Yae Miko in the letter you get from him towards the end, which makes me think that Cyno is the Kaiba of the Genius Invocation world.

Yae is Pegasus

The Kaiba of Genshin is Dainsleif because he's voiced by Kaiba. :colbert: He better be fightable and he better use Blue Eyes Khaenri'ahn Dragons.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kale posted:

"while you were learning to cook... i studied the blade

while you were practicing statescraft and brewing tea... i mastered robotics

and while you were learning how to write best-selling young adult novels and marketing childrens' trading cards.... i was having a five century long depressive episode"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

haypliss posted:

That Kaeya birthday message was uh, weird. Definitely read like he was paid to read copy and only once or twice slipped into his more normal character voice.

If he's getting that TCG sponsorship money, I'm happy for him

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Finally tried the new abyss, 3 hours before it reset lol. Sucks that they've started making genshin P2W after all this time..!!
Almost 15 seconds for every boss to load... 5 or more seconds between waves...

I don't know if I'll be able to keep 36 starring with my launch ps4 much longer :(

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They really like putting rear end in a top hat floors in the abyss, like the Dendro Cube and the Drake on 12-3 this time around. At the end of the day it was a pretty easy 36, but those two floors specifically seemed like pretty P2W choices.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've been taking 35* clears off and on for the past few months, which has opened my mind to just accepting a 33* clear, like for this annoying rotation. Maybe next time I will at least try doing it with real teams before there are 3 hours left.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Logged in to play the abyss right before reset since I had almost forgotten about it.
I wanted to play my nahida aggravate team (w/zhongli) but then the two halves of 12-1 were rift dogs and a thunder manifestation so rather than come up with a different comp I just said :effort: and quit

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. The have Kokomi or lose floor

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i mean i could have done it with raiden national or yaka in the first half and geosquad in the second but then I don't get to bring nahida and where's the fun in that

thunder manifestation in the abyss is always a pain in the rear end to fight though considering how it is always flying, teleporting and immune to most reactions you want to do. does anyone other than yoimiya make that fight smooth?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hyperbloom makes pretty short work of Thundering manifestation

BabyRyoga posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. The have Kokomi or lose floor

PA Heizou and XQ were enough healing for me v:shobon:v

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I cleared everything with Miko/Nahida/Kokomi on one side and Xiangling/Xingqiu/Bennett on the other, slotting in either Venti/Kazuha or Fischl/Raiden as appropriate. Pretty sure the second team was stronger, as is tradition :geno:

BabyRyoga posted:

They really like putting rear end in a top hat floors in the abyss, like the Dendro Cube and the Drake on 12-3 this time around. At the end of the day it was a pretty easy 36, but those two floors specifically seemed like pretty P2W choices.

That dumb drake had me hemming and hawing over team choices for a good ~10 minutes, before I realized that Fischl is a bow unit. I haven't messed with her gear in months and straight up forgot lol.

But seeing this post also made me realize that both bosses are vulnerable to Collei, a unit that I've unironically raised, to abyss clearing level, on purpose. If I remembered her I guess I could have run quickbloom on one side and Raiden hyperbloom on the other and obliterated the whole thing effortlessly, but eh :nallears:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

thunder manifestation in the abyss is always a pain in the rear end to fight though considering how it is always flying, teleporting and immune to most reactions you want to do. does anyone other than yoimiya make that fight smooth?

Hyperbloom Shinobu with Xingqiu and Nahida should work pretty well, maybe. I bruteforced with Rational, but maybe a team based on Xingqiu/Yelan might be better? I'm actually not sure if Xiangling's pyronado even hit him all that much, it might just have been the Raiden-boosted lions roar Xingqiu.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

MoonCrab posted:

Hyperbloom Shinobu with Xingqiu and Nahida should work pretty well, maybe.

Those three work great together, they destroy Thundering Manifestation without any trouble. The fourth team member can change based on what you're fighting. Kazuha for groups, Yelan for incredible single-target damage, or Zhongli if you want to live forever.

These are the teams I've settled on for this abyss, they make it pretty easy.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Not a super huge fan of the hangouts, but I just finished the Beidou one last night and that draws me current up to 2.4 content officially now and pretty soon to be 2.6 after I do the Yun Jin and Ningguang ones as well as wrap up my Enkanomiya 100% run which should be tonight. Its funny I remember joking with a buddy that at least one ending would involve one of Beidou cracking her knuckles and glaring ominously at some monster or treasure hunter and/or getting drunk and pulling the traveller into her chest. I had to wait till the very last ending I unlocked for the latter but it was too obvious given her character type.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
If I hoard much harder, I'll be out of stardust by February.

Here's hoping I don't get lucky on Raiden! That would be a disaster!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I decided I'm going for Raiden in 3.3 and skipping Ayato, the Sultan of Shing

Hopefully I can get a Yelan rerun in 3.4

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

3.4 banners are gonna be:

First part: Alhaitham with an sword thats great on him but mediocre on almost everyone else (sword Hunter's Path), Yelan with Aqua Simulacra, and Yaoyao
Second part: Hu Tao and Shenhe with their polearms.

This isn't a leak, I am "manifesting" it :pray:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mihoyo never likes to put two really good generalist weapons in a banner, but putting hyper focused weapons in as the pseudo dud is still better than the Geo series.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

3.4 banners are gonna be:

First part: Alhaitham with an sword thats great on him but mediocre on almost everyone else (sword Hunter's Path), Yelan with Aqua Simulacra, and Yaoyao
Second part: Hu Tao and Shenhe with their polearms.

This isn't a leak, I am "manifesting" it :pray:

hah! Was going to ask you for a source.

Hunter's path is pretty good for reaction based archers. Most notably Ganyu and Childe comps.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm having a hard time theorycrafting a viable overworld team with Scaramouche in it. Sayu and Nahida are obviously auto-includes for their general utility and mass plant-collection ability, respectively. And then bringing in Faruzan to complete the pair also gives you an archer. So that's pretty good. The only downside is that it leaves you with no way of ever triggering any elemental reaction except through the strategic use of campfires. This results in suboptimal damage output.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm having a hard time theorycrafting a viable overworld team with Scaramouche in it. Sayu and Nahida are obviously auto-includes for their general utility and mass plant-collection ability, respectively. And then bringing in Faruzan to complete the pair also gives you an archer. So that's pretty good. The only downside is that it leaves you with no way of ever triggering any elemental reaction except through the strategic use of campfires. This results in suboptimal damage output.

overworld speedrun comps should really be more of a thing we meta over, imo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
ayaka yelan sayu mooch, the gofastest gofast team known to man

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tree Reformat posted:

It used to be. But the meta got solved into Sayu+Kazuha+Yelan+1 (Ayaka/TallMale/Rosaria). Scara has the potential to shake up the Kazuha slot and being able to float over water might kick Ayaka out.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Excelzior posted:

I decided I'm going for Raiden in 3.3 and skipping Ayato, the Sultan of Shing

Hopefully I can get a Yelan rerun in 3.4

Ayato is neat and decent and all, but Yelan is amazing at everything from overworld to applying hydro to doing stuff herself (well, sort of). I used to have Kazuha in every team but Yelan has pretty much replaced him. Raiden is super and works well with everything, but sort of less unique.

Tree Reformat posted:

100%. I'm going for Yelan +1 after my 10ish pull guaranteed Scara :colbert:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

I rolled for both Ayato and Yelan when I was on 50/50. Won on Ayato, lost on Yelan.

Now I do like Ayato quite a bit, he's quite useful in different roles in a lot of different types of teams, and plays smoothly in overworld. But I'm pretty sure I'd be much better off if the wins and losses were reversed :(

Favorite dumb Ayato role: Severed fate favonius burst bot, in Hu Tao/Ayato/Xingqiu/Zhongli. It works, but I get the feeling that there just might be a better character for the role :thunk:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Yeah I gave the dogs a shot with Nahida aggravate to see if I could kill them fast enough then just fall back on Zhongli shield for the next 2 floors but it didn't quite work out so I just did the old standards and blew through it without issue.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Been using Jean a lot lately and I'd pay $1.50 for a version of her burst that doesn't flip your camera orientation around backwards.

Desperately wish you could just turn off the 5* burst zoom-in animations in general. Sometimes they seemingly randomly don't trigger and it's so much nicer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Geo is top tier because you can use constructs to disable burst cam