Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nice touch with the end credits, how it goes through key moments and missions in the game with whichever Knight you were playing at the time including the suit you were wearing.

Scuba Trooper posted:

new game plus makes you unlock fast travel all over again UGH

And they are needed! Traversal in the game is not quick, lol. Is Red Hood's spirit jump the best? I haven't played him yet but based on trying to keep up with people when I dive into multi he has the quickest. Batgirl's is cool but slow. Robin's is brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Red Hood's is fast but you slowly lose elevation.

Nightwing's is the best because it's just flying. It's moderately fast and you can raise and lower yourself at will and just fly anywhere.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barbara's is fast if you actually do the whole diving thing but requires the most effort. Tim and Dick's are about as fast as one another. Jason is the easiest but can be outdone by the others.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Started with Batgirl, then I occasionally played Red Hood. Nightwing didn’t really click with me until higher levels, but he might be my favorite at this point, especially in co op.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Robin is really fun. His versatility is great and I love the fighting style with the bo. Like I said above though, his traversal is terrible. That's the biggest knock against him. I mostly use the bike with him.

Nightwing is very cool but he felt kind of pointless until mid-game when I had enough AP to give the combat some depth. Once you've earned a lot of skills and abilities he's like a non-stop highlight reel.

Batgirl is great overall but I find she's the worst against enemy types that evade. And all the factions end up getting evaders.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I like robins fighting the best and knighthood unlocks but hate his traversal the most by far

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Really hoping they upgrade the transmog system. I wanna customize those Talon outfits so badly (why is Robin's blue?!)

Anyone picked up blueprints/suits with colors that aren't otherwise accessible? I got one with Leviathan colors (then I outleveled it before I crafted it and it's gone forever)

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
This looks neat, if not official:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajiJSBXxJ_I

There have been a surprising amount of Doom and Wolfenstein Batman mods.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You must POW! and SMASH! until it is done.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
You are HUGE! That means you commit HUGE CRIMES!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
knights was on sale so I bought it. It's not bad, I'm playing as Babs.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Heroic Assault, the 4-player arena challenge mode thingy, comes out next week. Strange we haven't seen anything for it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Heroic Assault, the 4-player arena challenge mode thingy, comes out next week. Strange we haven't seen anything for it.

well if anyone on the ps5 want to team up when that happens, same screen name here as there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Soonmot posted:

well if anyone on the ps5 want to team up when that happens, same screen name here as there.

I'm LobokVonZuben on PS5 as well. Drops at 8am PT.

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/status/1597259093877878784?s=20&t=ycDLHNbcVsqA8QNNG-lsSA

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I haven't even gotten 50% through the main story...I wonder if this can be played solo. :v:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Well it's "up to" 4 players so probably. Just might not have the best time doing it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's been pretty fun so far but I've only done it solo. Unless you're dangerously underlevelled I would recommend going through the first few floors yourself to get an idea of the level layouts, where the secret stuff is, likely spots for traps, and because the rewards for those first few are mainly Epics only. I'm only going to do co-op at the bare minimum of Legendary loot floors.

Edit: also, the download wasn't just for the new mode. A whole bunch of changes and fixes. Console patch notes here:

https://dcgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/11632421355923-Gotham-Knights-Console-Patch-Notes-11-29-2022

Lobok fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 29, 2022

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight Suns reviews are dropping and they're generally positive.

Polygon

Gamespot

VGC

PC Gamer

Games Radar

RPG Site

IGN

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Midnight Suns reviews are dropping and they're generally positive.

Polygon

Gamespot

VGC

PC Gamer

Games Radar

RPG Site

IGN

I'm genuinely shocked.

I honestly thought it was going to get middle of the road scores and be "It's...alright I guess?" in most reviews. A "great" score from IGN is surprising.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm genuinely shocked.

I honestly thought it was going to get middle of the road scores and be "It's...alright I guess?" in most reviews. A "great" score from IGN is surprising.

Same, reading that IGN review made me go from "probably going to be a meh card-based game" to "when's the release date again?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Honestly what sold me on it was that a vast amount of the game is just like having hang out time with Magik and Blade.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Same, reading that IGN review made me go from "probably going to be a meh card-based game" to "when's the release date again?"

I just preordered it from Best Buy after reading that review. I’m very surprised.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, IGN's article says you can unlock swimsuit options?

Sold. Gotta see what Ghost Rider wears to the beach.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Wait, IGN's article says you can unlock swimsuit options?

Sold. Gotta see what Ghost Rider wears to the beach.
Flames.

And a leather jacket

But mostly flames

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If only they could play softball!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As if it hasn't already been done

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

As if it hasn't already been done

The concept is funny but that artwork is unbelievably awesome.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
according to jake solomon he fought for there to be a pool in the game since he grew up reading X-Men omics and considers "hanging out in swimsuits" a quintessential part of the superhero team experience

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blockhouse posted:

according to jake solomon he fought for there to be a pool in the game since he grew up reading X-Men omics and considers "hanging out in swimsuits" a quintessential part of the superhero team experience

If he's a real Claremont head there should be a scene where they play baseball.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

If he's a real Claremont head there should be a scene where they play baseball.

Or they go to a fetish bar and a leather clad woman beats up someone that's the real Claremont signature story moment.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Magik and Spider-Man are going to be my best friends. Going to go full 80’s with the New Mutants and Symbiote suits.

They also announced the last playable hero during a livestream yesterday. …Hulk…

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm sad my character can't smooch Illyana or Cap or Nico or Spidey

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Is it only 12 characters at launch, w/ 4 DLC characters coming down the line? Feels like there's the potential to have a boatload of hero pack DLCs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm sad my character can't smooch Illyana or Cap or Nico or Spidey

Is that confirmed already? Too bad...

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The general reaction I've seen is that the gameplay is where the game shines and it absolutely shines in the gameplay with very few caveats. However, when you aren't strategizing or fighting, you're interacting with the other characters...which, is not good at all.

The writers seem to have zero understanding of the character personalities and it leads to things like Blade creating a book club to try and hook up with Carol and Captain America being too chicken poo poo to ask Blade if they can be friends. Everyone likes doing the same stuff and going to the same locations to hang out so there's never any real changes there. Everyone has a lot of poo poo to say but none of it matters or is anything you should care about. It's one of those "how did you get the characterizations and feel of the characters so right in one spot and so wrong in another" kinds of things.

However, getting back to it, the gameplay is worth is so much that you can just skip through dialogue and have as much if not more fun.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

RevKrule posted:

The general reaction I've seen is that the gameplay is where the game shines and it absolutely shines in the gameplay with very few caveats. However, when you aren't strategizing or fighting, you're interacting with the other characters...which, is not good at all.

The writers seem to have zero understanding of the character personalities and it leads to things like Blade creating a book club to try and hook up with Carol and Captain America being too chicken poo poo to ask Blade if they can be friends. Everyone likes doing the same stuff and going to the same locations to hang out so there's never any real changes there. Everyone has a lot of poo poo to say but none of it matters or is anything you should care about. It's one of those "how did you get the characterizations and feel of the characters so right in one spot and so wrong in another" kinds of things.

However, getting back to it, the gameplay is worth is so much that you can just skip through dialogue and have as much if not more fun.

I’d join Blade’s book club and Cap sounds like he has self confidence issues despite being a loving powerhouse of a man. Or he’s scared of vampires. Both of which are valid things.

I don’t know, it kind of sounds great still. Weird personalities but refreshing that it’s not the same stuff from the MCU or comics.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
From the reviews I'm reading that's not the general consensus, most of the reviews say the main plot is pretty basic but the abbey stuff is pretty good to great. Skillup really hated the conversation stuff though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Thanks for making me skim those reviews to see which one says the writing is terrible. Turns out it’s none of them.

I’m surprised how completely I’ve turned around on this game. Been working a lot of overtime, so I might go for the Legendary Edition, so I can play dress up with my super people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think changing details about characters in terms of making them feel interesting is a good thing.

Like gently caress Gotham Knights basically threw out everything but the skeleton of Jason Todd and waa better for it.

... Also it isn't like the characters don't vary in the comics themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I ordered this game today and Best Buy has already shipped it to be delivered tomorrow? I'm...not sure how.

Also, Amazon is on backorder for PS5 at least.