Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I was raised vegetarian and let me tell you, I was pretty underwhelmed when I finally tried bacon. So many better meat products. I dont get what the hype was.

People needed a hobby. Bacon was just there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Literally A Person posted:

People needed a hobby personality. Bacon was just there.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Mine was a joke, yours is just accurate.

:whitewater:

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I was raised vegetarian and let me tell you, I was pretty underwhelmed when I finally tried bacon. So many better meat products. I dont get what the hype was.

Meat fan here, bacon is nasty. Try prosciutto.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^
Prosciutto is just paper bacon don't @ me.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It's ok but do you have one that's a little bit more... Dragula?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Meat fan here, bacon is nasty. Try prosciutto.

Thin sliced corned beef or pastrami with some Dijon mustard

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The curse is coming from inside the thread!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Bacon is fine, for what it is, it was just never supposed to be on everything, in everything. The pork industry tried "the other white meat" which failed miserably so they decided on "come on, we know you're nasty, motherucker" and that seemed to work

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
There was also the meme culture that sprung up around bacon about the time that pirate zombie ninjas and use of the words "epic" and "le" were at peak annoying.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
prime rib, rare with freshly grated pure horse radish and au jus

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Bacon is the most mid meat to ever exist, overhyped to death and obscenely salty.

It is best used as an accent and not the main focus, like on BLTs, where the tomato should always be the star of the show.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
A bacon and egg sandwich will always be a favorite of mine.

Death to the blasphemers who had blended some into the pumpkin soup I tried last week.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I am begging you, do not go on a goddamn food derail in the goddamn Cursed Images thread.

Also, I will probe you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I am begging you, do not go on a goddamn food derail in the goddamn Cursed Images thread.

Also, I will probe you.

gently caress the mods, I'm gonna post the squeezable bacon

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Inceltown posted:

I never thought something could top the shelf stable unrefrigerated pre-cooked bacon but here we are.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Those are sufficiently cursed. Thank you.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Maybe old content:

https://twitter.com/angryblkhoemo/status/1441457770604240897

I own my home that I actually live in and I have made it a habit to reply to every single rent seeker that sends me poo poo in the mail about how they want to buy my house with "Mao was right".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p9rqqJmDaQ

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Inceltown posted:

Not even in Sweden, Vilhelm Lillefläsk.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Inceltown posted:

:stare:

Why?

… I want to try it.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

oh i remember that, it's an april fool's joke from back when you could still discern fiction from reality

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Wow, you must be old.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wife found this in Giant Food yesterday. We’re not sure whether this is leftover from Halloween or what but it turns out no one wants to buy a product called:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Can't wait for Ghost Cum aka Mayonnaise.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

busalover posted:

Can't wait for Ghost Cum aka Mayonnaise.

What’s ranch dressing then?

Just cum?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tarquinn posted:

What’s ranch dressing then?

Just cum?

It is wherever Piers Morgans eats.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Ranch is white colouring and Xanthan gum with salt.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Who doesn't like a little treat while riding the train?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhWIKqar5LU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
M-m-m-megabarfo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
tfw you're making it by the skin on your teeth

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Wife found this in Giant Food yesterday. We’re not sure whether this is leftover from Halloween or what but it turns out no one wants to buy a product called:

I've made biscuits with the blood from a package of steaks mixed in to the batter. They turn pink and they're tasty as hell 🧛‍♂️

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Takes No Damage posted:

I've made biscuits with the blood from a package of steaks mixed in to the batter. They turn pink and they're tasty as hell 🧛‍♂️
that's not blood. it's myoglobin

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

You can get lengua in a lot of Mexican restaurants. Seems pretty normal to me.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

I really thought for a moment that it said "reverse" beef and that it was like.. inside out or something

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

butt dickus posted:

that's not blood. it's myoglobin

Huh.

Sounds pretty close, but more like blood just for the inside of your muscles? There's blood and actual separate steak juice.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Cow tongue is extremely blessed. When I talked about bacon being overrated, tongue was what I had in mind as far as an underrated meat. Lengua is my go to meat choice when I get tacos, burritos, and tortas.

Also, that's a really good price for beef tongue. I've heard white people talk about being so poor growing up that they had to eat beef tongue sandwiches and now it's a premium meat choice at Mexican restaurants and food trucks.

Curse tax:

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 1, 2022

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Snackmar posted:

I really thought for a moment that it said "reverse" beef and that it was like.. inside out or something

Reverse beef is just being kind to people.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Poops Mcgoots posted:

You can get lengua in a lot of Mexican restaurants. Seems pretty normal to me.

i tried it once and it wasn't terrible, the texture and taste was great but if i was to cook it at home i would trim the tastebuds off because i swear to god it felt like i was french kissing that torta until i chewed up the chopped lengua

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
You're supposed to boil and then skin the tongue before using it for other stuff so the only part you end up eating is pure muscle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

I wish the guy who ran my favorite taco truck knew that before i was momentarily transported back to the 7th grade by eating the creepy sandwich