Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

Deptfordx posted:

It took about that long to fix the #NAME map bug in Chaos Wastes which any normal company would have hotfixed in a week, two at the most.

And it was fixed in a 40gig or something patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
My favourite part about VT2 was when some member of the community discovered that a bunch of traits didn't do anything at all, a few weeks in.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

k
Things doing the opposite of what they should, doing 10x what they should, not working at all, excel spreadsheet errors in the UI, god drat I love Fatshark!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Game is fun as heck when I can get in but these loading times are atrocious is anyone else experiencing them? It's just the "first time loading in" and then doing other missions it's fine. I also tried to switch operative and got an infinite loading screen.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

k
Load times during the preorder beta were terrible to the hub too. At least you're not randomly disconnecting during them and having to start again (I hope).

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Spudd posted:

Game is fun as heck when I can get in but these loading times are atrocious is anyone else experiencing them? It's just the "first time loading in" and then doing other missions it's fine. I also tried to switch operative and got an infinite loading screen.

Been like that since beta.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

Load times during the preorder beta were terrible to the hub too. At least you're not randomly disconnecting during them and having to start again (I hope).

Nah no crashes just incredibly long load times, at least I'm not alone but that still sucks. Still satisfying to hit poxwalkers.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

Things doing the opposite of what they should, doing 10x what they should, not working at all, excel spreadsheet errors in the UI, god drat I love Fatshark!

This game got delayed by a year didn't it? I wonder if they had to rebuild it from the ground up at some point.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I googled this earlier today, and people were saying that ~375 was the highest rating they'd seen on a grey item. Haven't seen this myself, mind you.

I'm tempted to see if i can find a high level green item because that should work too--there's probably break points in terms of item power but i don't want to be the guinea pig that wastes all my crafting mats for it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Are randoms in this game generally chill? I never really played vermintide 1 or 2 and I have weird online social anxiety but drat does this game look cool.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I do feel like the toughness change makes heavy attack spam a lot more viable on the ogryn. I am still trying it out, but I like the Mk VI Cleaver and possibly the Bully Club a lot more. (The Mk IV is still mostly trash.)

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Are randoms in this game generally chill? I never really played vermintide 1 or 2 and I have weird online social anxiety but drat does this game look cool.

About the usual amount. There's no real penalty on bailing on dickheads though.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've rarely seen anyone use chat at all, and I haven't seen anyone be toxic in chat yet.

I've only heard someone on voicechat once or twice ever, and the default volume settings had them far too low to hear anything they said

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Man the veteran and ogryn premium cosmetics are too fuckin' fire, that bomber jacket alone is just mwah.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

i've mostly done difficulties 1-2 but yeah haven't had a single person complain or rage

so the full release basically just added weapon information and the DLC store? lol

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CODChimera posted:

so the full release basically just added weapon information and the DLC store? lol

and a bunch of new stages and a new special condition

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Randoms are fine in this game, sometimes you get someone who runs ahead and dies or just sucks but there's pings so you can relay info without talking and text chat if needed. Most of the time nobody says a word.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Daemonhost seem to be a regular enemy now instead of limited to just darkness mode, don't know if this is intentional or not.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

drat Dirty Ape posted:

My experience with VT2 is that it's fine. Not as good as Deep Rock but not utterly horrible like Overwatch or LoL or whatever. Fairly uncommon to see people freaking out, but it does happen.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I want this hat.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
https://twitter.com/TafferKing451/status/1598127058541871104

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only prolapse

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Everyone i've played with randomly has been overall pretty chill. which has been nice. The worst I can say for the randoms is that some of them like to run ahead by themselves and die or get the rest of us stuck in big traps because they're trying to burn through the level solo.

No one has ever been an outright dick.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Daemonhost seem to be a regular enemy now instead of limited to just darkness mode, don't know if this is intentional or not.

Always was.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dramicus posted:

I want this hat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ChickenHeart posted:

what'd they gently caress up to get so many negatives, was it adding the cash shop?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

what'd they gently caress up to get so many negatives, was it adding the cash shop?

yeah, reddit is all a flurry about it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The random groups ive been in have all been fine. I had one weirdo who got mad because we weren't camping by the lift with him, so mad in fact he was busy typing instead of helping in the next fight, so we made fun of him and kicked him. That's about as toxic as it's gotten.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

That, it runs worse for a lot of people than the beta did, there are a couple weapons missing that were very visibly in trailers (and several more in leaks but those don’t count really) and just gamers being their usual baby selves.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

yeah, reddit is all a flurry about it
guess i can't blame them much, it sucks that this sorta poo poo is just becoming the norm in full price games

to be fair they have servers to maintain i guess, but still, gently caress a capitalism

Orv posted:

That, it runs worse for a lot of people than the beta did, there are a couple weapons missing that were very visibly in trailers (and several more in leaks but those don’t count really) and just gamers being their usual baby selves.
lol how the hell do they keep making it perform worse

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

That's weird, because for me this version today is running about 20%-ish better than before. I've had the FPS counter on all beta.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Saw a high statted MK IX heavy sword in the shop and thought I’d give it a go since I haven’t touched one for ages.

It actually seemed to be decent?! Lots of mobility and light attacks happily mop up hordes. The first heavy attack is a straight down hit aiming for the head, quick to fire and higher damage than I expected. Chain heavy attacks swap to clearing sweeps. Played a couple of maps with it and the revolver and actually enjoyed it.

All in all, pleasantly surprised. I haven’t tried the other heavy swords but if they don’t have that opening skull cracker heavy attack I don’t have high hopes.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 1, 2022

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

guess i can't blame them much, it sucks that this sorta poo poo is just becoming the norm in full price games

gently caress a capitalism

It's not a full price game to be fair.

But adding a cash shop with FOMO timers and awkward currency bundles isn't a great look when the game is a little busted and missing core features right now.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

did they buff rewards? I've done a Malice and a Heresy mission since launch, the Malice gave me a purple curio, the Heresy gave me a orange shield and 18000 space gold

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

lol how the hell do they keep making it perform worse

Dramicus posted:

That's weird, because for me this version today is running about 20%-ish better than before. I've had the FPS counter on all beta.

Seems like yet more config roulette.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

computers: they're bad, folks

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

ChickenHeart posted:

The mission goal is "to crack an excise vault, and get a sample". :discourse:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Dramicus posted:

I want this hat.

How do you get the big hat? I want it too lol.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Seems like yet more config roulette.

I don't think it was that, as the first thing I did was set all my settings back to what they were in the beta. It's a like-for-like comparison.

OGS-Remix posted:

How do you get the big hat? I want it too lol.

unfortunately, I think it's a bug. That's the Ogryn helmet. It shouldn't be available to the Psyker.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Opened up the game, was looking at the stats of a weapon and game crashed. 10/10

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dramicus posted:

I don't think it was that, as the first thing I did was set all my settings back to what they were in the beta. It's a like-for-like comparison.

I did the same and am still seeing significantly less frames than I did before Monday’s hotfix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

To folks having performance issues, this might be worth a look: https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/z96o7v/comment/iyff56g/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

quote:

Wow, thank you. I was able to fix my issues because you sent me in the right direction. Anyone reading this and is also having massive performance problems like I was should do the following:

Windows key+r and type in %appdata%

Navigate to appdata -> roaming -> FatShark

Open user_settings.config with Notepad

Toward the bottom there is a setting called rt_light_quality

As you can see this is set to high. Delete high and type in low

Close and save

Very important! Right click on user_settings.config and choose properties. Select “read only” (you may need to change this back when FatShark fixes the game)

You are officially a hacker now, and you can play DarkTide