Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

in fear of the prospects of a chicken lucavi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Dr. Chicken Goerge, like someone named Human

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chicken George is the best character ever. This Manga is a hell of a read.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken.

This was evil manifest

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Fsmhunk posted:

Chicken George is the best character ever. This Manga is a hell of a read.

this manga has been living rent free in my head for years.

every so often i will just remember that last page for no reason at all.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
chicken geirge loving rules

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
The nuanced British voice acting is very funny and I am glad i trusted the online consensus and went with the dub.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best part of that manga is when the chicken asks chicken george why theyre talking in human language and not chicken language if he hates humanity so much and then it just cuts away without chicken george answering the question

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

chicken george ftw

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

barbecue at the folks posted:

I've been catching up with the thread - thanks to whoever recommended Ya Boi Kongming! because its a fun anime with a silly conceit for people who like watching fun animes with silly conceits. I didn't think they made those anymore.

I just finished Return to Monkey Island and I have feelings about it that I don't know how to articulate without spoiling stuff. I guess I'll just recommend it as the strongest entry in the series since Curse and the best point and click adventure game since Thimbleweek Park. I think both suffer from not having Tim Schafer around, the writing isn't as snappy as I'd like! Still real good games, though.

Yeah I was mixed on return to monkey island as well. The writing has definitely suffered and the vibes weren't very monkey island to me. The humour feels significantly more focused on "grossout" stuff that reminds me a lot of the spongebob zoomin gags, and some slightly more mean-spirited things that definitely feel extremely ron gilbert. There were a few points where I definitely thought "ah yes, I can definitely see this was written entirely by the guy who made Deathspank 2 the Thongs of Virtue and not any of the other monkey island contributors"

Art was nice though, and I liked basically every scene with Elaine and Guybrush interacting, they're adorable together

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Colonel Sanders was one of the most interesting people who ever lived.

quote:

In 1930, the Shell Oil Company offered Sanders a service station in North Corbin, Kentucky, rent free, in return for paying the company a percentage of sales. Sanders began to serve chicken dishes and other meals such as country ham and steaks. Initially he served the customers in his adjacent living quarters before opening a restaurant. It was during this period that Sanders was involved in a shootout with Matt Stewart, a local competitor, over the repainting of a sign directing traffic to his station. Stewart killed a Shell employee who was with Sanders and was convicted of murder, eliminating Sanders' competition.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

DYING FOR SANDERS CHICKEN PROFITS

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Ohtori Akio posted:

They're all full price or close to it right now according to dekudeals (ty Fungah). So I'll wait until I like or don't like 1, maybe a sale will hit.

1 loving owns enjoy.

I'd say hold off on 2 until you're sure yeah. Mechanically it's real good once you actually get into the game's systems but that takes way too long imo and the game's overall vibe is real different. Still pretty good tho.

I haven't finished 3 yet so not a complete opinion but it's got a lot more of 1 in its DNA and so far it kicks all asses. Unless something drastic happens this is likely to end up my fave.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Psycho Landlord posted:

1 loving owns enjoy.

I'd say hold off on 2 until you're sure yeah. Mechanically it's real good once you actually get into the game's systems but that takes way too long imo and the game's overall vibe is real different. Still pretty good tho.

I haven't finished 3 yet so not a complete opinion but it's got a lot more of 1 in its DNA and so far it kicks all asses. Unless something drastic happens this is likely to end up my fave.

I genuinely wasn't sure if this post was about Dark Souls

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's a good episode of The Dollop about him

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Colonel Sanders risked life and limb to grace us with the Double Down.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

marilize legajuana

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Maroon Hawk posted:

marilize legajuana

i'm not good enough at photoshop but i'm pretty sure gamefreak would be down for this

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Heath posted:

I genuinely wasn't sure if this post was about Dark Souls

It would be really funny if Dark Souls 2 was embroiled in anime tetas controversy.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
it is

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I love getting drunk and sucking rear end at dark souls thank you for reading this post

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I love getting drunk and sucking rear end at dark souls thank you for reading this post

:same:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chicken george ftw

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i miss the rat king and his covenant

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i miss the rat king and his covenant

The trap gimmick was kinda neat.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

its a lifestyle

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

bloodborne = sekiro > elden ring > demons souls > dark souls > ds3 > kings field 1,2,3,4 > dark souls 2

theyre all good games. if dark souls 2 was ur first game i totally understand rating it highly

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ds2 dlc was pretty ftw tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

In every Dark Souls game, the DLC is its peak.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I would like a new King's Field, please and thank you.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Anime tetas controversy expands to fill a vacuum.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Crowetron posted:

I would like a new King's Field, please and thank you.

It'd be cool to see a new armored core

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

CountryMatters posted:

It'd be cool to see a new armored core

I want this but that last one I played, Armored Core 5, sucked balls. It was almost entirely online and the single player stuff was pretty bad. But since the north American player base isn't as big as the Japanese it took forever just to get a match in the online. When you could get a match it was pretty damned rad tho.

But yeah if we ever get another armored core I hope it's more like AC4 and AC4a than 5.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Lost Odyssey was supposed to be a massive hit jrpg from some of the biggest names in Final Fantasy but only like 10 people played it.

It was also marketed as super great thanks to the power of the x360's cutting edge hardware.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

pentyne posted:

Lost Odyssey was supposed to be a massive hit jrpg from some of the biggest names in Final Fantasy but only like 10 people played it.

It was also marketed as super great thanks to the power of the x360's cutting edge hardware.

It was good, if it had been on playstation I still think it probably would have been a massive hit. All the JRPG people were on playstation back then because that's where squenix was and Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon weren't enough to convince them to buy a whole new console

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I really really wanted to play Lost Odyssey at the time but didn't because I wasn't buying a new console for it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dongicus posted:

bloodborne = sekiro > elden ring > demons souls > dark souls > ds3 > kings field 1,2,3,4 > dark souls 2

theyre all good games. if dark souls 2 was ur first game i totally understand rating it highly

completely correct except the headless change the = into a > imo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

pentyne posted:

it was a great game that doesn't seem have been ported to pc for some reason

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't think I can put any of the Souls games above the others, after having played through them all for the first time recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't think I can put any of the Souls games above the others, after having played through them all for the first time recently.

You can, give it a try