Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

DD singlehandedly turns Professor X from a fun niche into a powerhouse!

What are you running with it? I have a controlly shell built around denying my opponent but it feels like I'm lacking a punch. I swapped out Cosmo for Captain America to try to get more value out of the small bodies that make up a good chunk of these. Not sure what else to plug in.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Aero
#

I was lucky and got offered She Hulk in the token shop. I had the punch problem too. I ended up leaving out the 1 drops and leaning on Lizard, Maximus, She Hulk to create situations they need to answer. Cosmo and Killmonger are each "shut down your whole game plan" cards. Juggernaut can protect a lane they MUST win on 6, especially if they already lost a lane to Professor X. And since it is cheap, you can drop another card like Maximus and it's better than Aero.

I am uncertain about Scorpion. I think if I had Mysterio I'd try him

# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Aero
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb2Jnb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXhpbXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnVnZ2VybmF1dCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I just got she hulk last night and think she’s pretty great but I don’t get her in this deck, it seems like you wouldn’t really have a good time to play her with all the 5 drops. When do you generally play her, t4 after skipping 3?

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

CitizenKeen posted:

I feel like the only way most people are getting Series 5 is in the shop.

Yeah, and she seems far and away in the top tier of Series 5 atm. I just wish we knew the schedule for Series 5 rotating down to 4, as well as the compensation they promised for the empty caches (3k tokens please). I think I’ll at least pin it for now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Am I missing any big brain plays or is M’Baku just a terrible card?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Trying to figure out how this interaction happened: opponent lane goes Wong> Black Panther>Zola. Arnim Zola blows up Wong, but then Zola still triggers again on BP anyway? I guess the game queues up the on reveal triggers?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Did they fix empty boxes

Yeah and according to the message on the home screen all players will be receiving compensation, so that's nice, especially if you never opened an empty box

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Did they fix empty boxes

Yes for the collector boxes, but the season caches still seemed bugged. Showing no name or description and they've been giving only 50 credits since it happened.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Network42 posted:

Trying to figure out how this interaction happened: opponent lane goes Wong> Black Panther>Zola. Arnim Zola blows up Wong, but then Zola still triggers again on BP anyway? I guess the game queues up the on reveal triggers?

Yeah, as soon as Zola revealed on Wong, he was always triggering twice as I understand it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey just in case anyone else is an idiot, if you pin the card in the token shop it’ll just stay there indefinitely, so if it feels like it hasn’t changed in a while make sure you didn’t accidentally hit the pin button

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Opopanax posted:

Am I missing any big brain plays or is M’Baku just a terrible card?

I can see him in lockjaw maybe? But yeah he seems like a worse Angel.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
If M'Baku was like....3 Energy and 4 or 5 Power he'd be considerable. Drawing him sucks but an okay card if you are low on options. At the end of the game, he could help in a pinch if in a deck.

But at what he is now, it's awful. He absolutely needs a buff.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I wonder if they are testing the effect, to see how expensive the card needs to be for the free cost to be worth not being able to control where it goes. A 0/1 that flies out of your deck seems worthless. A 5/9 seems good. Not sure where the line would be

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I just hit CL500 right before the update this week, and the first two series 3 pulls I got were Venom and Mystique, which I'm quite pleased by.

I got Dracula in the token shop this morning, which I bought since I've had good success with my series 2 discard deck, and now She-Hulk just appeared in my token shop. I've pinned her for now but only have 2000 out of the 3000 tokens I need to buy her.

Since I'm kind of new to this, I'll start earning tokens in the CL caches as I level up? What about BP caches? And what's the rate of earning, how long can I expect to take to earn another 1000 tokens to buy Jen?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I love when people get into the spirit of the game. Worldmind ship dropped on reveal 1 and both of us snapped almost the moment it showed up.

Also while discussing locations, absolutely nothing better than getting the nexus, getting your opponent to snap and watching them go all in on the location only to scarlet witch the location on T5. Low cost cards played extremely late can sometimes be way more disruptive and chilling to your opponent than raw power.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

doingitwrong posted:

I was lucky and got offered She Hulk in the token shop. I had the punch problem too. I ended up leaving out the 1 drops and leaning on Lizard, Maximus, She Hulk to create situations they need to answer. Cosmo and Killmonger are each "shut down your whole game plan" cards. Juggernaut can protect a lane they MUST win on 6, especially if they already lost a lane to Professor X. And since it is cheap, you can drop another card like Maximus and it's better than Aero.

I am uncertain about Scorpion. I think if I had Mysterio I'd try him

I'm going to try something similar. Blocking & winning one lane, and then forcing a win by moving stuff away from the other lane I want to win sounds fun.

# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Daredevil
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Rescue
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Aero
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWdnZXJuYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZXNjdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2Ftb3JhIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Maybe I could add Viper as an extra means of throwing poo poo to the other side. Take out Iceman or Nightcrawler. Maybe Mysterio as well...

Rescue is there because I want to try her out, see if she's better than Jessica Jones. Gamora because she's another card that's perfect for Daredevil.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Leader is in my shop. I have Mr Negative, Magik and Zola. Would he fit in a Mr Negative deck? Or other decks? Is he worth getting?

I seem to lose most of the time when I face him, so initially thought he'd be an insta-buy, but I'm cheap and am trying to be efficient.

Ubersandwich fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 1, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ubersandwich posted:

Leader is in my shop. I have Mr Negative, Magik and Zola. Would he fit in a Mr Negative deck? Or other decks? Is he worth getting?

I seem to lose most of the tune when I face him, so initially thought he'd be an insta-buy, but I'm cheap and am trying to be efficient.

Really depends on your opponent. If they’re setting up something obvious you can swoop in and take advantage, but I’ve had plenty hit me as I play Destroyer or something like that

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Any thoughts on this discard deck? I feel like Angela doesn’t really fit but I’m not sure on a replacement - I don’t have Hela.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toebone posted:

Any thoughts on this discard deck? I feel like Angela doesn’t really fit but I’m not sure on a replacement - I don’t have Hela.

What is America doing there?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Toebone posted:

Truthfully you are missing the three potential discard archetype payoff cards (Hela, Dracula, and Ghost Rider). I would skip for now.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Toebone posted:

Sunspot seems better than Nightcrawler here. I like Okoye in discard, maybe to replace Angela - it's a decent combo with Swarm and she serves well as a 2 drop you want to play ASAP and get out of your hand.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

No Wave posted:

Truthfully you are missing the three potential discard archetype payoff cards (Hela, Dracula, and Ghost Rider). I would skip for now.

Toebone: Any thoughts on this [obviously Series 2] discard deck? I feel like Angela doesn’t really fit but I’m not sure on a replacement - I don’t have Hela.

No Wave: Have you tried getting more Series 3 cards?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Toebone posted:

Not to be a downer, but I really feel like you need some combination of the two of Ghost Rider/Dracula/Hela to make the discard payoff worth it. Apocalypse isn't very good if you're counting on hard-casting him on turn 6; you want Dracula to eat him at the end of the game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

CitizenKeen posted:

Toebone: Any thoughts on this [obviously Series 2] discard deck? I feel like Angela doesn’t really fit but I’m not sure on a replacement - I don’t have Hela.

No Wave: Have you tried getting more Series 3 cards?

Colleen Wing and Hell Cow are pool 3 and they're great cards for a discard deck, just not without any of the accompanying win conditions.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

goferchan posted:

Apocalypse isn't very good if you're counting on hard-casting him on turn 6; you want Dracula to eat him at the end of the game.

This is really funny, if you consider it in terms of the fiction.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Opopanax posted:

What is America doing there?

Chavez is generally pretty good in discard decks, I think. Makes it more likely for you to draw Swarm and Apocalypse in your hand early. She's also great in discard decks with Dracula, because you can potentially play her on turn 6 and let Dracula discard Apocalypse.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Thanks! I’ll wait til I get some more of the pool 3 guys.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

Not to be a downer, but I really feel like you need some combination of the two of Ghost Rider/Dracula/Hela to make the discard payoff worth it. Apocalypse isn't very good if you're counting on hard-casting him on turn 6; you want Dracula to eat him at the end of the game.

No Wave posted:

Agree with both of these posts, discard is good if it lets you cheat out power for cheap and the only cards here you can do that with are morbius and swarm, neither of which will win you games. You’ll be really lucky if apoc is better than a Hulk at the end of a game, when you’re even a bit unlucky he’ll be worse.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Toebone posted:

Thanks! I’ll wait til I get some more of the pool 3 guys.

Here's something goofy you could try for kicks that only uses those two P3 cards; goes all-in on Swarm and Morbius. I don't have Colleen Wing or I'd give it a try because it looks like a good time.

edit: Oh I missed Dracula in there. I would still try it without him though, maybe throw Wolverine in there or something. Or honestly Bishop might not be a bad idea.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 1, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Any particularly fun archetypes I should try out with this pool, or cards I should look for in the token shop?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Anyone post a discard deck so I can pass one of the missions? And a movement deck.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Piggy Smalls posted:

Anyone post a discard deck so I can pass one of the missions? And a movement deck.

You can make a fun Swarm Discard deck with just Swarm, and a bunch of the cards that say Discard on them, goes especially well with Colleen Wing since you want Swarm to be 0-cost.

Movement is way, I have been running a Zoo build (literally the classic pool 1/2 Ka-Zar deck with Bishop and Angela, no 6-drop), and it has Nightcrawler and Iron Fist, you usually get at least one of them per game

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

flatluigi posted:

Any particularly fun archetypes I should try out with this pool, or cards I should look for in the token shop?

Spectrum Destroyer is an archetype that really only needs destroyer out of pool 3.

Additionally, where is this collection manager coming from?

Loddfafnir
Mar 27, 2021

flatluigi posted:

I have a deck built around kingpin but you lack all the other interesting cards. Aero, Juggernaut, Polaris, Magneto, Sera. I don't have all of them, but sera T5 and aero + kingpin T6 win games.

Wave if a good enabler for many decks. Add Sif and ghostrider and you have a shell with 2 ways to cheat Agatha early.

Loddfafnir fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 1, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Network42 posted:

Spectrum Destroyer is an archetype that really only needs destroyer out of pool 3.

it's https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/, which i started using in hopes of finding solid decks but mostly just finds me every possible way to put a deck together with no real quality filter

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Network42 posted:

I think it's the one from Snap Zone

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Piggy Smalls posted:

If you don't have ~*all the right cards*~ for a functioning Discard deck (it seems to need a lot) just do what I did and just slap in every single Discard card your collection's filter will give you into a newdeck, fill it out with random bullshit and play a few games until you finished the misison.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Death/Wave is some bullshit.

Add She-Hulk and it's a tremendous pile of excrement.

Can't believe this combo still exists while they're nerfing poor little Angela.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have 4 discard/destroy decks and they're all pretty viable. There are a few differences in how you play them so I don't like to mix them very much, I like each main card to have its own deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

buffalo all day posted:

I just got she hulk last night and think she’s pretty great but I don’t get her in this deck, it seems like you wouldn’t really have a good time to play her with all the 5 drops. When do you generally play her, t4 after skipping 3?

Since this is a control deck, there’s a lot of situations where you don’t want to play the cards in hand right away, so she offers surprising options. For example, just now I didn’t have a great turn 4 play so I held her and then played Cosmo and her on 5, shutting down a White Tiger and adding 10 power to a lane out of nowhere. Sometimes you are skipping 5 and playing her plus a 5 card on 6 (this is rare but is has come up). Sometimes the best thing to do is play Killmonger on 6 because their 1s are clogging up a lane and this gives no chance for them to refill it. Maybe you play a 2 on 5 and then She Hulk + Killmonger on 6. You might also play a 3 on 4 which mean she can go on 5. Othertimes, yeah you are skipping 3 and playing her on 4 into knowing their turn 5.

Plus there are the various zones that give extra energy or reduce card cost that can make her come out at other strange times. And I should note, the 5 cost cards are all extremely situational. It’s not rare to have them play a turn 5 where you don’t have the specific answer in hand so it’s nice to just drop a big body.