Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Caufman posted:

I think I tried using Disco Reader once on my phone, and it wasn't great, unfortunately. I think there's another thing like Disco Reader that adds the voices from the Final Cut, but I don't imagine that's going to be any more mobile-friendly than Disco Reader. Maybe, though.

For that particular conversation, it's Conversation ID 1219, starting at node 225 with "Kim, I need your gun."

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Trying to use Disco reader but it's always super laggy and blows up my browser eventually. But apparently (regarding Communist vision quest) you can beat up Steban like a maniac. I've never seen any option that suggests that's even possible.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

If you want to search DE text, I strongly recommend FAYDE. Much faster and easier to read than Disco Reader.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

pedro0930 posted:

Trying to use Disco reader but it's always super laggy and blows up my browser eventually. But apparently (regarding Communist vision quest) you can beat up Steban like a maniac. I've never seen any option that suggests that's even possible.
Could be dummied out?

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

pedro0930 posted:

It's a fallback option if you can't pass the white check to convince the student communists to give you an interview, which is pretty easy to pass if you've actually been reading books. You ask them if there's some other way you can convince them to let you join their reading group, and after conferring for a bit, they decide that them being *hard core* enough to get in a fight with the RCM would earn them a lot of cred with the other student communists.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Disappointed that Drama doesn’t speak, well, in a dramatic voice. Missed opportunity.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Disappointed that Drama doesn’t speak, well, in a dramatic voice. Missed opportunity.

I really enjoyed the voice acting in The Final Cut and have always played with it on, but I get the impression that there wasn't much voice directing given to the actors, which might also explain why several actors have different pronunciation for words like Coupris Kineema.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Caufman posted:

I really enjoyed the voice acting in The Final Cut and have always played with it on, but I get the impression that there wasn't much voice directing given to the actors, which might also explain why several actors have different pronunciation for words like Coupris Kineema.

OTOH in the real world you get people pronouncing all sorts of things differently, even massive brand names. Porsch/Porschuh, Niyk/Nikey, AD-i-das/a-DI-das etc.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I absentmindedly shaved my dude I think I might need to restart.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

sebzilla posted:

OTOH in the real world you get people pronouncing all sorts of things differently, even massive brand names. Porsch/Porschuh, Niyk/Nikey, AD-i-das/a-DI-das etc.

Yes, it's possibly an intentional creative decision.

I will kill anyone who pronounces it Niyk, though. Some exceptions may apply for non-English speakers, but no one should push their luck.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Vegetable posted:

Yeah, while the V.A. for the majority of the line reads is pretty good, I would have preferred the different skills having different V.A.s. I would have also preferred the Tie having a really sleazy Russian accent.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Caufman posted:

Yes, it's possibly an intentional creative decision.

I will kill anyone who pronounces it Niyk, though. Some exceptions may apply for non-English speakers, but no one should push their luck.

Rhymes with like, bike, Contact Mike etc.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I nearly choked the first time I heard an American pronounce “Nissan”

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Samovar posted:

Yeah, while the V.A. for the majority of the line reads is pretty good, I would have preferred the different skills having different V.A.s. I would have also preferred the Tie having a really sleazy Russian accent.

Electro Chemistry VA'd by Danny DeVito.

Or Gary Busey.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Electro Chemistry VA'd by Danny DeVito.

Or Gary Busey.

Ewan Macgregor

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TACD posted:

I nearly choked the first time I heard an American pronounce “Nissan”

They said "Nissan" instead of "Nissan"? I mean, I would to.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Rhymes with piss-fan.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Wait till you hear Hyundai. A different pronunciation on every continent.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They said "Nissan" instead of "Nissan"? I mean, I would to.

I thought it was pronounced 'sword'.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

sebzilla posted:

It seems like the majority of characters have French accents, the rest are split between British and American accents. I do wonder how much of it was a deliberate creative decision and how much was just the natural dialect of whomever they casted. My assumption was that the world's equivalent of France was just Revachol's dominant cultural and ethnic influence, historically. And other Occidental/white nations had smaller immigrant populations that assimilated over time, leaving the nonwhites to be considered permanent foreigners.

The two Orajnese characters have American accents, but then so does Gary, Lena, and some of the station cops. So I guess trying to draw parallels to is a futile exercise.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Just imagine that Canada went through a period of being an independent monarchy rather than being released from the British Empire as a parliamentary democracy, complete with messy history of being first one nation's colony and then another. Revachol is Montreal.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Just imagine that Canada went through a period of being an independent monarchy rather than being released from the British Empire as a parliamentary democracy, complete with messy history of being first one nation's colony and then another. Revachol is Montreal.
Come on, Montreal? Revachol isn’t that hosed up.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Tarezax posted:

if Montreal somehow became like 10x the size of New York then yeah we're getting there

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tarezax posted:

Montreal? Jesus, maybe the moralists should blow it up

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

montreal is arguably the best city in canada :canada:

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Montreal owns

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shame that the whole province is getting super racist:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/quebec-premier-adding-immigrants-who-do-not-speak-french-would-be-suicidal-2022-09-28/

To make matters far worse, Quebecois French is different enough from regular French that many native European French speakers end up failing the language test for permanent residency.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i bring cursed AI content

https://twitter.com/SSJ058/status/1598221483930976258

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

Shame that the whole province is getting super racist:

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/quebec-premier-adding-immigrants-who-do-not-speak-french-would-be-suicidal-2022-09-28/

To make matters far worse, Quebecois French is different enough from regular French that many native European French speakers end up failing the language test for permanent residency.

Quebecois apparently sounds to French as "Imagine someone speaking Shakespearean English with a heavy New York accent".

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

AceOfFlames posted:

The tests are awful but almost everyone I know who applied aced them, they are not so hard, just completely biased and filled with useless trivia.

I don't think the comparison with Montréal holds up so much. But maybe you could make a parallel with the first nation reserves or the acadian deportation.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sekenr posted:

Quebecois apparently sounds to French as "Imagine someone speaking Shakespearean English with a heavy New York accent".

Yorick? Hey, I knew dat guy.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Sekenr posted:

So like watching Deadwood?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I made the Montreal comparison mainly as a real life example of a city where there's a mix of francophone and anglophone residents somewhat resembling the mix of accents you see in the game

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Heresy

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Get back to me when they do this with Claire.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Samovar posted:

Get back to me when they do this with Claire.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Deserter is especially cursed imo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Evrart is helping me find my gundam.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

AceOfFlames posted:

Really? Just a decade ago, French Israelis would make money teaching French for the specific purpose of emigration to Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Well, I got softlocked. It’s Day 7, I need Titus to tell me the whole truth. But I’ve either completed every other side quest or failed their white check. Exhausted pretty much every single dialogue option with everyone multiple times. Bought things with money in case things gave experience. But I just don’t have enough to hit the next level.

This is my first replay so at least I didn’t get locked out of an ending. But this is pretty crappy design.