Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Mons Hubris posted:

I just got around to spinning it up today but it turned out pretty great. Maybe a little on the soft/chewy side. I did it on ice cream instead of sorbet.

I swirled a little Cool Whip in there at the end too and stuck it back in the freezer. 9/10 would make again.

:patriot:

Looks great. Gonna give that a try tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinkin' costco today

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah I just walk past

E: In other news:

rumor has it there is a binder where the store manager responds to these with why they might not carry them

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

Tried the sushi party platter today. Pretty bad. Still ate the whole thing though.

also: page 88, the discount page

hamtaro fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 2, 2022

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

hamtaro posted:

Tried the sushi party platter today. Pretty bad. Still ate the whole thing though.

Uh, I only associate that with Walmart. And/or Nazis. Or am I being redundant?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

88 is one of the price codes for something discounted/discontinued. If something's priced 39.88 instead of .99.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

88 is one of the price codes for something discounted/discontinued. If something's priced 39.88 instead of .99.

Does anyone do that beside Walmart, though? I freely admit it could be confirmation bias on my part, but I really do associate that pricing approach with them.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Does anyone do that beside Walmart, though? I freely admit it could be confirmation bias on my part, but I really do associate that pricing approach with them.

97 is a discontinued item I think.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
if I remember my Costcodes right, * on the price tag means it isn't getting reordered, and ending in .97 is discount/clearance priced

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The one here was clearing out a Nanoleaf shapes starter kit for 1/2 off, it was 75.00 even, which is pretty unusual.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If you see a price ending in .00 it can be a manager special to get rid of an item.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I think if there as a * and a price ending in a 7 it's on clearance.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Costco does.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

Costco does.

Fair enough. Like I said, I figured it could be confirmation bias on my part.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Stolen from another website

$0.97 – Clearance Item

$0.88 or $0.00 – Manager Markdown

$0.49, $0.59, $0.69, $0.79, $0.89 – Manufacturer Discount

$0.XX* – Item is going to be discontinued

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Items ending in .97 are corporate markdowns that the stores themselves don't have any control over. Items ending in .88 or .00 are manager markdowns for items they want to get rid of.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Prices ending is .88 is a Walmart thing so they can always guarantee the lowest prices when their competitor has it at .99

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah I just walk past

E: In other news:

In my lifetime, I have probably submitted a hundred of these things asking for the food court to carry coffee.

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It's supposed to be a code on liquidating inventory

https://www.popsugar.com/family/Costco-Price-Tag-Meanings-46334250

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Prices ending is .88 is a Walmart thing so they can always guarantee the lowest prices when their competitor has it at .99

The nazi connotation is a bonus. gently caress Sam's Club.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Has anyone seen poinsettias or those big wreaths in their Costcos yet? I'll probably swing through there tomorrow for a few things no matter what, but if really like to get some of those while I'm there.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They had the huge wreaths but not poinsettias when I was there earlier this week.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

One near me had giant poinsettias like 5-6 feet tall.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hamtaro posted:

you get alot of sushi for the price but yeah its not good

ill snag a california roll from the supermarket on occasion though

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Costco just made a post on FB asking what their customer's most romantic memory is, and they may be featured in the next Costco Connection magazine.

People are posting stories and I posted.... "Getting a hot dog and drink (with refill)."

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Costco just made a post on FB asking what their customer's most romantic memory is, and they may be featured in the next Costco Connection magazine.

People are posting stories and I posted.... "Getting a hot dog and drink (with refill)."

Lol well done

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
It's romantic memory, so should have mentioned the polish with onions.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
As far as I know we never had the Polish here, which I'd image would be a hit in Wisconsin.

Yeah I should have mentioned the onion dispenser though. :(

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinkin' costco today

I hope you followed through on your thoughts. I'm going to synagogue today.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think our local Chinese, Arab, and Jewish communities have effectively crowded out the kimchee market. Never have I seen the one with the two G's, but they had dried sea cucumber today.

Also, I took the serrano ham plunge (the $99 one, not the $500 iberico one). Will report back at a later date.

$100 charcuterie ham, $1.50 dog.

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

Skimming page 88 of the costco thread:
"... we never had the Polish here..."
"Chinese, Arab, Jewish communities have effectively crowded out..."

Ok but joking aside that number presents some false-positive dog whistles in my life as well, since that's an auspicious number in East Asia.

People choosing August 8th as their wedding date. Local businesses fighting for phone numbers with 88's in them. License plates and email addresses with 88 added for good luck.
The number 8 by itself is lucky, and as many as possible is good, but unforunately the double 8's is the most popular aesthetically.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Anyone know why they no longer stock the Trident fish sticks? My kids ate them like crack and now they're gone...

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SourKraut posted:

Anyone know why they no longer stock the Trident fish sticks? My kids ate them like crack and now they're gone...

Sadly your children ate all the fish sticks.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I prefer the mint flavors for my breath but you do you

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Soul Dentist posted:

I prefer the mint flavors for my breath but you do you

Unfortunately Costco listened to the one dentist out of ten

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I know one couple who celebrated their engagement with a double Polish at the 'co

True love (of good value) right there

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I know one couple who celebrated their engagement with a double Polish at the 'co

True love (of good value) right there

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I like to wear clothes I bought from Costco when I go to Costco. For today’s trip my coat, hoodie, gloves, socks, and undershirt all came from Costco.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Buns to Buns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

SourKraut posted:

I still see it on the app. And yeah they’re great.