Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
ok I made a quick dumb deck for the new bar sinister event and I'm having a lot of fun with Quake. My main plan is nightcrawler/wong/blackpanther/zola/ironheart shenanigans but if you don't draw it right you can just play quake and gently caress over whatever they were going to do

this one bar sinister was the third location, I played nightcrawler there first and quaked to snipe the hulks lol

the deck, if anyone has any suggestions:

e: i present to you, I sad story called "i had the nuts on my first hand, the location was bar sinister, I snapped and then the other two loving locations revealed"

Reek fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Odin on Bar Sinister adds like 80 seconds of repeating animations. Getting some great emotes from opponents.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Vision rules on Bar Sinister, 28 Shang-Chi-immune power to move around the board and then you can still put something there turn 6

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

Is Zero just in there for Titania? That seems a little sketchy to me given all the other cards that you really do want the abilities on.

Zero and Titania are almost always turn 6 plays in that list, you're holding your cheap drops to dump at the end for flexibility and Killmonger protection, so Zero is just an above-rate 1/3.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Up around rank 115-135 with CL 1066 and I'm still facing bots 50% of the time or more. This is kinda ridiculous.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Today I've learned that dropping Gambit on Bar Sinister rarely wins that lane, but really does a number on all the other lanes.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I'm thinking of making a iceman->killmonger->scorpion deck just for this location. Throw Zola and Odin in as reserves for maximum petty annoyance.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm a Klaw addict in general, but as long as Bar Sinister isn't the right-most lane, a T6 Klaw on there can do wonders.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Opopanax posted:

Just had someone drop Moon Knight on Bar Sinister which is certainly a choice. He played Morbius later so it kind of made sense, but unfortunately for them I was playing my Hela deck and they effectively won me the game

I did that earlier today against someone playing a Dino Deck. I'm sure they were pissed as hell about it. but I got my Apoc up to like 40 by the time Moon Knight and all my other discards hit.

I did notice something and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but if you play Hell Cow with only Apoc in your hand, he doesn't discard him twice. It's like the card going back into your hand occurs after Cow decides what card to slash next.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

RevKrule posted:

I did notice something and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but if you play Hell Cow with only Apoc in your hand, he doesn't discard him twice. It's like the card going back into your hand occurs after Cow decides what card to slash next.

Makes sense. It's 'discard two cards' not 'discard a card two times'. Same way Ironheart won't hit the same card three times if you only have one other card out.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm having fun with this gimmick. The dream is to play Vision on Bar Sinister, then move him off and fill with Cerebro. Ideally you have Ebony Maw and another 7 if you can cheat stuff out early with Electro. Maximus would be great here if you have him.

Backup plan is to have a lot of 2's on the board which still get buffed up to 10 with Cerebro. Play Nightcrawler on Bar early and move him off, leave a spot free to try for miracle plays. Storm can lock down a location and you can still move Vision or Nightcrawler there. Only play Ebony if you have Vision and Cerebro in hand and can play the dream. Otherwise aim for 2's.

Still tweaking this gimmick (screenshot is from an early draft). If you get a perfect hand I think you can do a T3 Electro, T4 Cheat out Vision, T5 move one and play Cerebro, T6 move the rest and play Onslaught, but I don't know if I'll be lucky enough.

# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Cerebro
# (3) Brood
# (3) Electro
# (3) Storm
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (5) Vision
# (6) Onslaught
#
code:

eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2VyZWJybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlcldvbWFuIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 4, 2022

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Green Goblin is far superior to Hobgoblin if you have him for Bar Sinister. Very few people want to fill up the bar before 4. Green Goblin even comes out ahead if you go first on 3 because their card can’t spawn duplicates. UNLESS they also have a Green Goblin in which case you want to go second. (Their GG pops out, comes over, 4 more spawn, there’s only room for 2 to come over, leaving 2. Your GG reveals, goes over, there is room for one more to spawn, it goes over, leaving you with 3 and them with 4.)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

Green Goblin is far superior to Hobgoblin if you have him for Bar Sinister. Very few people want to fill up the bar before 4. Green Goblin even comes out ahead if you go first on 3 because their card can’t spawn duplicates. UNLESS they also have a Green Goblin in which case you want to go second. (Their GG pops out, comes over, 4 more spawn, there’s only room for 2 to come over, leaving 2. Your GG reveals, goes over, there is room for one more to spawn, it goes over, leaving you with 3 and them with 4.)

Oh for sure, I would 100% swap him in if I had him.

Edit: Just ran into someone playing 4 Cerebro, which may be more reliable. I actually thought I lost this match and was pacing around my apartment laughing at myself until I went to the next screen and saw the Victory message

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
That one looks fun, I wish I had me a cerebro

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
aight somebody just bar sinistered electro and then played galactus, that one can go gently caress itself

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Kind of annoying bar sinister leaves you one green goblin but yeah that is a nasty fun move.

Also the thor animations with multiple Mjolnirs dropping or with wong doubling takes a while lol

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

doingitwrong posted:

this guy threw mojo in there for the double dick move. i was going to play iceman that turn just for the lols but drew the 4 cost vision and decided to wait a turn

:shepface:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Opponent fills up Bar Sinister with Blue Marvels, then snaps, then my Wave resolves

They weren't expecting BOTH Death and America

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

What kind of deck really likes Leader? Controlly decks?

He was not in the top 5 of cards I wanted to buy from the token shop, but I at least want to think about it for the next 2 hours before it resets.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Mierenneuker posted:

What kind of deck really likes Leader? Controlly decks?

He was not in the top 5 of cards I wanted to buy from the token shop, but I at least want to think about it for the next 2 hours before it resets.

I don't have him yet but it seems like any deck where you are building a decent lead into turn 5, something like a devil dino deck where you are sitting ahead on turn 5 and then just copy whatever they do on 6

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Reek posted:

I don't have him yet but it seems like any deck where you are building a decent lead into turn 5, something like a devil dino deck where you are sitting ahead on turn 5 and then just copy whatever they do on 6

And also where you’re not having too many cards on the board. You want to have room to fit whatever your opponent plays.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
What I only figured out in the past couple of days (because I'm dumb) is that you can fill out your card collection on marvelsnapzone.com, then just go to their deck database, tick "Decks you own all cards" and add whatever cards you want to try out to the search, and you'll get a list of decks you can use that at least give you an idea of what a card is supposed to be used with.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
The armin zola / hulk buster combo on Bar Sinister is getting old fast. Is it an infinite loop? I'm timing it and its been going on loop now for about 7-8 minutes now.

Ugh. I may just bow out for 24 hours, or just go hard control/ with land destruction.

/edit

It must have been a true infinite loop. When I did the "quit out and reconnect" trick there was no option to reconnect to game.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 4, 2022

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Megazver posted:

What I only figured out in the past couple of days (because I'm dumb) is that you can fill out your card collection on marvelsnapzone.com, then just go to their deck database, tick "Decks you own all cards" and add whatever cards you want to try out to the search, and you'll get a list of decks you can use that at least give you an idea of what a card is supposed to be used with.

snap.fan does the same thing. It's kind of a shame that there hasn't emerged a single companion site that most people agreed to use.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
My opponent just Morphed on Bar Sinister into my Arnim. I loving love this game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Are there any well curated deck lists/guides that aren't just endless lists of decks uploaded by randos? SnapZone has a few but not much last I checked.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

stev posted:

Are there any well curated deck lists/guides that aren't just endless lists of decks uploaded by randos? SnapZone has a few but not much last I checked.

snap.fan can filter decks that have youtube videos to go with them and decks from people who have reached infinite rank. marvelsnapzone.com can also filter decks with videos and users that have been marked as "content creators".

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I need some advice.

I’ve saved up my gold and waited for some good selections in the variant ship to come along. Now I can’t decide if I should get what’s there…

Here are the three I’m interested in:

I only play Scarlet Witch in a few decks, but this looks so good.

Giganto has a guaranteed place in my Jubilee deck, so there’s that.

And this one looks amazing — so smirky!— but I don’t have Zero yet, so no deck to run him in.

Advice?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I got that scarlet witch variant and it's boss af.

Just get whichever variant goes into more of your decks tbh, means you get to see it more

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

That Giganto one is sick. Never seen it before.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

i'd rather turn gold into credits (either directly or with missions) to try to get collection level up to get more cards in general, personally

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Is Jane Foster worth a shop purchase? I have Mystique and Thor already.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

flatluigi posted:

i'd rather turn gold into credits (either directly or with missions) to try to get collection level up to get more cards in general, personally

Sir I’m going to have to politely ask you to step outside, Video Games is a place for dress up and not efficiency.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Banjo Bones posted:

Is Jane Foster worth a shop purchase? I have Mystique and Thor already.

I think she's playable in Mr. Negative and Lockjaw decks right now. If you don't have either, I'd probably skip her.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
More interesting Bar Sinister interactions

Captain Marvel clones are not smart enough to work together. I had 3 on Sinister that would’ve won if they flew 2 to the left and 1 right. One went right, the other two sat still, and I lost :saddowns:

Also I didn’t take a screenshot but Titania did nothing interesting when played on a blank tile there. I was hoping for weird cloning shenanigans sending her every which way but she just cloned herself and stayed out. Then they played a card there and theirs cloned itself and she stayed put. Boo

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me turn 2: I am a genius

Marvel Snap:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Artelier posted:

Me turn 2: I am a genius

Marvel Snap:

Isnt that good? You get to play the cards and your opponent doesn't.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Reek posted:

aight somebody just bar sinistered electro and then played galactus, that one can go gently caress itself

Who knew that the one thing my Galactus deck needed was a 60% chance of getting Bar Sinister.

(Didn't have the Electro-Galactus dream combo yet though.)

Getting 4 Hulk-bustered Wolverines on BS (involved the Danger Room) who jumped to the Galactus lane on the last turn was pretty fun though.

edit: I can now confirm that Electro-Galactus is pretty decent.

uXs fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 4, 2022

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

No Wave posted:

Isnt that good? You get to play the cards and your opponent doesn't.

i get to play one card that i don't wanna play!!!!!

(it was good i won but it's like i gave myself a bunch of overcosted stuff)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Well this has been a morning of ups and downs. Woke up to She-Hulk in the token shop which was an instant buy and I can't wait to try and build some decks around her.

Then I was trying to do some matches, played about 3 to ok results and then everything started turning sideways on me. Game just absolutely rng hosed me. Literally not giving me any of my main cards for play or giving me district x or giving me crimson cosmos (my main climb decks are low cost T6 surprise floods). I finally had to stop when it gave me sanctum, followed by bar sinister followed by crimson cosmos.

I slid a whole cube level just on retreats this morning.