Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mymla posted:

Tbh if someone has lived in the country for 5 years, they should just be automatically granted citizenship. Probably after like 1 or 2 years actually.

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Birthrates are down and we need more cheap labor otherwise the proles will start demanding poo poo, like higher wages(sic!), and that's unacceptable.

As a bonus, you can distract your average joe with some convenient racewar narrative so they won't care about things that actually matter.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Because exiling someone after they've lived here for several years is pretty hosed up imo.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mymla posted:

Tbh if someone has lived in the country for 5 years, they should just be automatically granted citizenship. Probably after like 1 or 2 years actually.

If we're going that way, can we just abolish the concepts of citizenship and borders?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

that policy would certainly speed up case processing times with the immigration authorities, but it would also make deportations even more of a priority and even more vicious

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BonHair posted:

If we're going that way, can we just abolish the concepts of citizenship and borders?

Hideo Kojima was way ahead of his time, as usual.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mymla posted:

Because exiling someone after they've lived here for several years is pretty hosed up imo.

Should Russian embassy workers be granted automatic citizenship once they have stayed for one year in the country?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Should Russian embassy workers be granted automatic citizenship once they have stayed for one year in the country?

I'm assuming most of those haven't applied for asylum, but I could be wrong.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mymla posted:

I'm assuming most of those haven't applied for asylum, but I could be wrong.

You said you wanted to give citizenship to everyone automatically, not to a specific group.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Idk, "people who asked for citizenship" might be implied as the specific group in question. I'm just saying that if migrationsverket takes 5 years to reject someone, it's reasonable to say that it missed its chance to do so.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Threadkiller Dog posted:

The most horrifying part of that is migv taking 5 years making a rejection decision.

They're throwing out an iraqi guy from here after 8 years. In the meantime he opened a car repair shop and a restaurant from a closed down old gas station.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

His Divine Shadow posted:

They're throwing out an iraqi guy from here after 8 years. In the meantime he opened a car repair shop and a restaurant from a closed down old gas station.

Can't have those pesky contributors to society stay here and offer services!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
At least the locals have lined up behind him

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Potrzebie posted:

Can't have those pesky contributors to society stay here and offer services!

The Migrationsverket is deporting people from Finland?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

There's an article about the guy, he uh says some stuff the paper should've been smart enough not to print (how he pays his employees, svart that is, because he cannot get a finnish ID or register the company, so it's not really a company but jeez never say that publicly!).

https://www.vasabladet.fi/Artikel/Visa/640188

Dunno if that will require a login.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
It was a dumb joke but apparently yours is called "Migrationsverket," too... :wedass:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Groda posted:

The Migrationsverket is deporting people from Finland?

Finlands sak är vår :sweden::hf::finland:

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 5, 2022

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

LOL they're gonna get the poo poo sued outta them

Threadkiller Dog posted:

The most horrifying part of that is migv taking 5 years making a rejection decision.
That's been par for the course for years now. no one GAF

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It never fails: train chaos galore but only long after my shift is over, so I miss all the fun:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/snabbkollen/tagstorningar-i-hela-sverige

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

It never fails: train chaos galore but only long after my shift is over, so I miss all the fun:

WFH has cut my train rage down to near nothing

But holy poo poo this looks real bad right before the holidays

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

BigglesSWE posted:

I love the fact that Trafikverket have not one but two redundant communication protocols. Neither works. It's just 100% Svensk offentlig verksamhet :discourse:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So from my reading of it, it's about the Mobisir system, which is used both for calling Tågklareraren (Train dispatcher I guess?) and also, crucially, to send an emergency message to *all* trains within range, regardless of the company and type. The first priority whenever an accident happens, be it derailment, collision or a jumper, is to stop every local train to ensure a bad situation won't turn worse. From my understanding, this system broke down completely on a national scale, meaning that if anything would happen to a train somewhere, getting the word out to local trains would be much more cumbersome and time-consuming (albeit not impossible: there is a phone number one can use to call fjärrtågsklareraren from any phone, but if something had happened tonight, they'd have to call every train individually to order a stop, rather than just getting it all out in a Mobisir call).

I'm kind of bummed out I missed out on this. Chaos at work is the one thing that keeps me going at this point. When things are working (which, contrary to anecdotal evidence, is most of the time) it can be a real slog.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Every vote counts! :)

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/over-1000-brevstemmer-blev-ikke-talt-med-ved-valget-det-skubber-jo-til-hele-tilliden

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I should just vote for myself next time. Redefine the one man, one vote system.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

teen witch posted:

WFH has cut my train rage down to near nothing

But holy poo poo this looks real bad right before the holidays

Same here, that and most of my meetings outside my region have been switched to video meetings post-covid. Used to be stuck on trains regularly, now it's a one in a month or so experience. Best byproduct of covid.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Remember all that excitement on election night, when red block got the 90th mandate, and then in the following days Mette told every party that thinks maybe immigrants are people that they can go gently caress themselves? And now Venstre and Liberal Alliance are in the driver's seat and making demands?

Votes already didn't count.

I would say she is worse at negotiating than Amy Wong buying a thundercougarfalconbird, but I think "reluctantly" caving to the right is what she wanted all along.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
The youth wing of her party is publicly saying they hope she doesn't become like Helle Thorning which says a lot about all the people in that sentence.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Why the hell not just do a synthesis between the two ideas of how to deal with this, and have the local embassy advertise a cutoff for voting where people can expect their vote to be counted, with every other vote being a gamble.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Pia Olsen Dyhr made a good point in an interview I just heard: she straight up said that there was no red majority because Radikale is in fact liberal, and she insinuated that S was kinda blue as well. It's not exactly breaking news, but coming from the party of S-but-cool, it's nice to hear.

But yeah, the main point of contention between S and V is who should be in charge, Mette or Jacob.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Inferior Third Season posted:

Remember all that excitement on election night, when red block got the 90th mandate, and then in the following days Mette told every party that thinks maybe immigrants are people that they can go gently caress themselves? And now Venstre and Liberal Alliance are in the driver's seat and making demands?

I would say she is worse at negotiating than Amy Wong buying a thundercougarfalconbird, but I think "reluctantly" caving to the right is what she wanted all along.

It's not like she didn't advertise this ahead of the election and they don't vote the same most of the time, EL and SF have nobody to blame but themselves.

jeebus bob posted:

The youth wing of her party is publicly saying they hope she doesn't become like Helle Thorning which says a lot about all the people in that sentence.

Oh, they mean Thorning's Minister of Employment who condemned the chronically ill to torture?

:thunk:

BonHair posted:

Pia Olsen Dyhr made a good point in an interview I just heard: she straight up said that there was no red majority because Radikale is in fact liberal, and she insinuated that S was kinda blue as well. It's not exactly breaking news, but coming from the party of S-but-cool, it's nice to hear.

SF should sell some public energy infrastructure to Goldman Sachs about it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Inferior Third Season posted:

I mean, that's not votes not counting, that's people getting what they voted for.

Obviously that's what Mette wanted to do all along, and if someone says they didn't want her to do that, but also voted S, that's a lie.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Potrzebie posted:

Trafikverket have not one but two redundant communication protocols. Neither works. It's just 100% Svensk offentlig verksamhet :discourse:
LMAO that is so perfect.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Which is going to catastrophically gently caress up first: the electrical grid or the railways? and by catastrophic I mean, more than 12-15 hours.

I’m open to other contenders - not a two party system!

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

one-two punch of kabelbrand mellan Kista/Rinkeby: 3rd times the charm. Take out electricity and internet at the same time.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/regeringen-haller-presstraff-om-energikrisen

https://twitter.com/BuschEbba/status/1567949836959514624

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

teen witch posted:

Which is going to catastrophically gently caress up first: the electrical grid or the railways? and by catastrophic I mean, more than 12-15 hours.

I’m open to other contenders - not a two party system!

Definitely the trains, real people can just take their car instead, but electricity powers important home theaters and pool heaters which are essential to have working.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

:drat:

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

BonHair posted:

But yeah, the main point of contention between S and V is who should be in charge, Mette or Jacob.

I wonder what S party member in good standing, former finance minister, editor in chief of Børsen, and corruption golem Bjarne Corydon has to say about the party?

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2022-12-10-bjarne-corydon-socialdemokratiet-har-vaeret-paa-et-tre-aar-langt-frikvarter-nu

quote:

En regering over midten vil bryde med de seneste mange år med en socialdemokratisk regering med røde støttepartier. Og den udsigt glæder Bjarne Corydon, der sad som socialdemokratisk finansminister fra 2011 til 2015 og i dag er chefredaktør på Børsen.

- Jeg tror, det vil vise sig at være en undtagelse, at man havde tre-fire år, hvor man ikke lavede reformer – hvor man ovenikøbet påstod, at det ikke var nødvendigt og i hvert fald i den økonomiske politik bare brugte løs af de penge, der var skaffet af reformer længere tilbage i tiden, siger han.

Til Berlingske har Bjarne Corydon kaldt den seneste regeringsperiode for ”et frikvarter” og gentager det til TV 2, mens han udtaler, at tiden er kommet til reformer, der ”kan virke som en byrde på kort sigt, men er rigtig gode på langt sigt.”

I'd say S is a little more than just kinda blue. S and V are the same party, the only difference is the branding and who they usually go into government with.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I think you still get a lot more fishing and agro lobbying in V, but yeah. S might be more racist after Støjberg left V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BonHair posted:

S might be more racist after Støjberg left V.

"Might". They instituted apartheid laws and want to build a concentration camp for refugees in a country that routinely brutalizes and murders refugees. Mette Frederiksen blamed Somalis for COVID.