Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

So sad lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Off his line, what the gently caress is this match just end it

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
fifa is determined to get poland a pity goal

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Poland has paid for one goal goddamnit they are gonna get it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lol

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Bourricot posted:

I have good news :)

well, gently caress!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
That was too lame to count

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sublime, perfect penalty. Nobody would dare say any different

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lmao that pen was poo poo.

lloris knew it was coming too lmao

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

anytime someone taking a penalty starts doing the tippy tappy toes, i hope they miss and also fall over and also poop on themselves

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
i think var should check that for being a lovely way to take a penalty

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Blasting Freed from Desire and the full 'GOOOOOLLL' pa for a 97th minute retaken penalty to make it 3-1

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I dunno maybe that's a moral reward for the sick rear end bicycle kick

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

It's now official: Chopin and Marie Curie are 100% French :france:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

anytime someone taking a penalty starts doing the tippy tappy toes, i hope they miss and also fall over and also poop on themselves

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lewanpooski

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Lewandookie

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Hand Knit posted:

I dunno maybe that's a moral reward for the sick rear end bicycle kick

then France should've gotten one too (Giroud's actually got inside the net)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
That mbappe fella looks p good you know. Fergie sign him up

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Three for three in terrible consolation goals so far in the knockouts, so put your money on another late one this evening

Please don't troll this post by replying with yeah... FOR ENGLAND, mods please keep a close eye on this kind of thing

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Bourricot posted:

then France should've gotten one too (Giroud's actually got inside the net)

France has several more games to receive it.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

I know it's a broken record at this point but it was wild to me how much the stands had emptied out with 10 min to go. it's a loving WC knockout round game folks, you stay till the end.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
ça rentre à la maison

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Harry Lime posted:

I know it's a broken record at this point but it was wild to me how much the stands had emptied out with 10 min to go. it's a loving WC knockout round game folks, you stay till the end.

They need to get to the other stadium or they won't get paid for filling the seat there.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Really hoping England embarrass themselves in a few hours

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Really hoping England embarrass themselves in a few hours

An embarrassingly large number of goals scored, yes

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rashford dropped, lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Frankston posted:

Rashford dropped, lmao

Southgate is such a useless oval office I hate him

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Southgate is such a useless oval office I hate him

I will always maintain that we got to the final of Euro 2020 in spite of Southgate, not because of him. The squad he had with a decent manager would have gone all the way imo.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Frankston posted:

I will always maintain that we got to the final of Euro 2020 in spite of Southgate, not because of him. The squad he had with a decent manager would have gone all the way imo.

I absolutely agree. DGMW the underdog/set piece stuff and 3 at the back in 2018 made way more sense but adding the likes of Saka/Foden/Grealish/Sancho (at the time lol) in attack and Rice/Phillips in midfield for the Euros should have absolutely been the difference with a less cowardly manager.

Saw it vs the US, Southgate is tactically stunted. Against the US he should either have matched up 3v3 in midfield or just bypassed the press by absorbing US possession and letting them punch themselves out since they can't finish for poo poo and release Rashford/Saka on the countless turnovers of possession there'd have been. Instead Rice and Bellingham had the poo poo pressed out of them while outnumbered yet England persisted with trying to play through the middle with Mount and Kane.

The other issue with Southgate which has been done to death already so I won't labour it, is his automatic picks. Sterling does not deserve to start over Rashford either on league form or form in the current tournament. Yet England are going up against Senegal and their iffy full backs without starting Rashford. gently caress sake.

It sucks because only going out to Senegal would put actual pressure on his job, assuming the likelihood of going through against Senegal and out vs current World Champions France he'll probably get a pass with enough excuses (France are great/have Mbappe/stupid winter world cup) and continue to squander one of the best squads in my lifetime for the next Euros.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Bourricot posted:

She is so french that when she discovered the shittiest most poisonous element ever, she named it Polonium, instead of Francium.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I type all that and Sterling isn't available lol

https://twitter.com/England/status/1599456053220909057

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Also Southgate’s got a positive record as England manager and the :qq: ing over him maybe not picking Rashford over Sterling looks mad in light of him fostering an England squad through three tournaments without issues or club v country/who’s not passing to who/ who’s shagging who’s wife or girlfriend bullshit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Have they all been nobbing each other's missus in the hope of inspiring some French flair?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

Also Southgate’s got a positive record as England manager and the :qq: ing over him maybe not picking Rashford over Sterling looks mad in light of him fostering an England squad through three tournaments without issues or club v country/who’s not passing to who/ who’s shagging who’s wife or girlfriend bullshit

He seems like a good man manager but tactically naive which just makes him a big country version of John Herdman

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

lmao

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Bourricot posted:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/England/status/1599458794290892800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

He seems like a good man manager but tactically naive which just makes him a big country version of John Herdman

If he was a good man manager he'd be ruthless enough to not auto pick his favourites when they've turned to poo poo imo